ORAS Ubers Dem Generic Ubers tho

Alright I've been playing Ubers since Feb, and my current team while I like it is pretty meh, mainly because I refused to use Primal Groudon. However wanting to better myself I am currently getting over this irrational hate for the damn magma dino, so here we go.

FUCK THIS THING (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Not much to say here really. Standard support Primal asshole Groudon. He sets up rocks, burns things with lava plume, and hits decently hard with EQ. Primal shitlord Groudon is also of course, an excellent Xern check. Roaring Xern out after he sets up Geomancy is always good for my health and my team. He's also a decent Primal Kyogre check if I can switch in onto a water move as well, although Ice beams are not good for his health. Good for mine though.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Keys keys, who doesn't love them? Klefki spreads Twave, making it easier for my to outspeed and sweep. Toxic is for those who are immune to Twave, or for Lugias that like to to stall you to death. Spreading spikes is always fun, making sweep even easier than before. Play Rough is there just to hit stuff, and kill the occasional dragon.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

Here we have another straightforward, yet effective set. Salamence switches in to Primal dickface Groudon nicely, lowering his attack and all that other fun stuff. Assuming Stone miss misses of course. Anyway he just dances and murders things with double edge. A task made simple if I can get my buttloads of entry hazards out. Earthquake is for things that resist flying stab, or if I somehow manage to get more dances off, I can just spam EQ instead and not lose health.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

Glorious blue deer is glorious. Anyway Xerneas takes a mixed role on my team. He can and most likely will go Geomancy and moonblast everything into oblivion. Thunder is there to hit Ho Oh, as well as lord and saviour blue whale Primal Kyogre. I run Aromatherapy over Focus Miss so Xerneas isn't deadweight if he loses his sweeping potential, and clears my whole team of any status inflictions.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Glorious red dragon, anyways here is my defogger, it's a bit counterproductive to set up all these hazards if I have to end up defogging them later, but I don't like having my pokemon worn down. She also doubles as a check to both Primals, hitting Primal wannabe Godzilla Groudon nice and hard with draco meteor, and the mighty kyogre Primal Kyogre with psyshock. Roost is to increase her longitivity and help reduce pressure somewhat.

I LOVE THIS THING (Kyogre) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Glorious lord and saviour blue whale, praise it! One of the main reasons on why I play ubers is just so I can use this thing. I don't ever see myself not using it on a team, ever. Anyway fanboyism aside I choose the physically defensive Primal Kyogre to be a mixed tank. He eats Dark void and can OHKO him back with sleep talk scald. Speaking of Scald it allows Kyogre to burn physical attackers, allowing him to survive even longer. Not only that, if he can switch in on Primal chicken pox Groudon he will either destroy him completely, or send him fleeing. This is assuming Kyogre is healthy of course, which is very likely considering he packs rest, allowing him to shrug off status afflictions. Ice Beam is there for obligatory dragons and so he isn't completely walled when Desolate Land is active. Overall a fun poke to play as, and I feel it's a tad underrated but hey that could be fanboyism kicking in.

Threat list:

Deviant Bacon Bird Yveltal: This guy is the bane of my existence. I do think it's a neat pokemon and all but I hate going up against it. It hits everything that is not Xern or Keys hard, and if it has knock off my day isn't going to be a fun one. Keys doesn't like losing lefties, Xern misses on free super saiyan, and Latias will straight up die. Sets that carry Foul Play will kill Mega Mence if he doesn't kill it first. Yveltal also doesn't care about entry hazards, being able to heal SR damage off and flat out ignoring spikes. Overall if I can't at least get a status infliction on this guy he's going to be a pain in the ass.

Waterceus: This is a bit of an annoying one as well, as he can come in and beat Primal Groudong 1v1 with Toxic and Recover. Megamence does not want to get Ice beamed at all. Latias really won't be doing much to him, Kyogre has no way of doing any real damage, leaving only Klefki and Xern. Klefki can't do anything to it if Waterceus already has a status infliction on it so it's useless in that case as well.

Well there ya go. My second ubers team, and the first one that is (hopefully) viable. Now I will sit here and patiently await the day that Primal Groudon falls from his throne. (Or at least far more manageable than he is now.)

Hi 2NOus Prime. I really like your team it's solid and all the Evs are optimal. So good job.
About the threats I can think off are Dialga, Mewtwo can be very annoying, Ho oh can 2hko anything, EKiller with stone edge and Rayquaza but I like the way you play around Mence since it can set up on nothing. but that's it mainly otherwise you cover pretty much everything.
For me your weaknesses are mainly because of the lack of Arceus whose usual role is to cover those weaknesses on BOs like that. The only thing I can suggest is using Arceus Ghost with Defog instead of Latias and making Groudon full spe def. That should cover the weaknesses to Ekiller Ray Dialga and Mewtwo. However Ho oh might still be a problem but you can handle it with proper switches and rocks up between ogre and other pokemons.
Hope I helped and good luck.

Hi 2NOus Prime. I really like your team it's solid and all the Evs are optimal. So good job.
About the threats I can think off are Dialga, Mewtwo can be very annoying, Ho oh can 2hko anything, EKiller with stone edge and Rayquaza but I like the way you play around Mence since it can set up on nothing. but that's it mainly otherwise you cover pretty much everything.
For me your weaknesses are mainly because of the lack of Arceus whose usual role is to cover those weaknesses on BOs like that. The only thing I can suggest is using Arceus Ghost with Defog instead of Latias and making Groudon full spe def. That should cover the weaknesses to Ekiller Ray Dialga and Mewtwo. However Ho oh might still be a problem but you can handle it with proper switches and rocks up between ogre and other pokemons.
Hope I helped and good luck.
Alright thanks for the advice. I'll miss Latias, she's always been a favourite but spooky llama ghost it is. I don't like losing a primal check, but at least it helps deter Ekiller, megakan, and megamence.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)