Deoxys-D (Revamp) [QC 3/3] [GP 0/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Now that i think about it better, it really depends on what item Starmie holds, and if he leads or not. So let's see the cases, shall we?

- Case 1: Starmie leads, and holds Lefties. In this case Thunder is better, as it ohkoes 70% of the time instead of 12.5% of the time that Tbolt does, and 2hkoes 91% of the time (chance of at least one Thunder hitting in two attempts) instead of 100% time, that Tbolt does. I think that the wayyy greater chance to OHKO is more important that the greater chance to 2hko.

- Case 2: Starmie leads, and holds LO. In this case Tbolt is undeniably better. After 1 LO recoil, which Starmie will have as it is going to attack you, it will have a greater chance than Thunder has, to OHKO Starmie (don't know the percentage).

- Case 3: Starmie comes in on the second turn and holds Lefties. Here we have 2 subcategories:

• Starmie attacks, in which case, we go to Case 1, in which, imo, Thunder is better
  • Starmie uses Rapid Spin, in which case Thunder is again better for similar reasons, imo
- Case 4: Starmie comes in on the second turn and holds LO. In this case, Tbolt is better, for the reasons stated in Case 2.

There is always the option to go for the Thunder/Tbolt as Starmie comes in, for cases 3 and 4, but usually you are better of setting up hazards, and then smacking Starmie.

So it really depends on which item is more popular. I feel like both items see a lot of use, and i believe that both moves should be listed on the 3rd slot, in whatever order.

Just a small nitpick here, on the Speedy Spiker moveset.

[*]Max speed allows you to outspeed positive natured base 120's
How is Deoxys going to outspeed positive nature base 120's with its base 90 Speed? Do you mean positive natured base 120's mons with no EVs or something?

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a small nitpick here, on the Speedy Spiker moveset.

How is Deoxys going to outspeed positive nature base 120's with its base 90 Speed? Do you mean positive natured base 120's mons with no EVs or something?
Yeah. As long as they don't carry EV's, you outspeed them.

I'll put Thunder instead; first because Rain is really popular, and second because with the rise of the new Therians Starmie is more commonly running Leftovers, with a bulkier set.

Thank you Shrang for your QC Approval!

If nobody else has anything to say, I will write this up ASAP.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sorry for the double post, I'm just bumping this so the GP checkers don't have to search through multiple pages to find this thread.

READY FOR GP CHECKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)