• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I voted Uber.

Considering just the Dual Screen lead, I'll use overcentralisation as my argument. The ways to stop it setting up both screens include :-

a)Scarfed Taunt Ambipom/Azelf/Weavile/Aerodactyl: These Pokemon would be forced to Taunt and then switch out immediately afterwards. If this happened then whatever happened next would be pretty random, and you wouldn't necessarily have the advantage. Anyway, forcing such fast Pokemon to run Scarf is pretty clearly overcentralising.

b)Opposing Deoxys-E: Speed Tie. Once again, unreliable, and anyway it promotes the use of Deo-E even more. Overcentralising.

c)CB Heracross lead: I believe it's the only non-uber Pokemon that can OHKO Deoxys after it gets up the appropriate screen(CBTar Crunch CANNOT...). While CB Hera makes a fine Poke, you wouldn't really want to be leading with all the time, would you?

d)Explosion: Yeah...if you have to blow up to finish off a Pokemon you know there's something wrong there.

e)Brick Break Leads: While there are several viable Brick Breakers, most of them die miserably to LO Deoxys, and really, since it's the first turn, you'd be gambling, since you'd have no prior info as to whether you were dealing with the LO variant or the DS variant.

And uh, that's about it. If you want to look at the LO variant, Scofield summed it up pretty well

Scofield said:
Sweeper deoxys s overcentralizes by putting every scarf user who is slower out of the job. Amazing type coverage and the ability to change moves with that amount of speed is too good for OU. It doesn't even matter to me that scizor makes a decent (not even great) counter since that overcentralizes around scizor.
Scizor fits point 'e' pretty well, however what Scofield said applies here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)