Desert Rave: A Smogon Standard Doubles RMT (Peaked 2064)

It's really hard to find a good Sandstorm Picture

Would have peaked much higher, but I dropped 250 points for no apparent reason between two matches without losing.

Darude (Tyranitar) (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SDef / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Fire Punch

Skrillex (Zapdos) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 140 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 108 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Discharge
- Heat Wave

Flux Pavillion (Kyurem-Black) @ Haban Berry
Trait: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt

Ephixa (Suicune) @ Wacan Berry
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump / Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Roar

Varien (Landorus-Therian) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Protect

Stephen Walking (Breloom) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Protect
- Mach Punch

Welcome to my Second Doubles RMT! This team was developed by myself with help from several IRC members, but I will give shoutouts at the end. The goal of this team is to setup Tailwind and mow down the opponent, no matter what weather they use, and to use Tyranitar as a sort of Anti-Weather mon. Hail was considered at one point as well, but I went with Sand in the end because I don't like Abomasnow and his plethora of weaknesses. It features a very simple, Bulky Offense approach to Tailwind, as opposed to the usual "Kill Before Being Killed" mantra I usually see, with powerful, less bulky mons like Chandelure taking advantage of their new-found speed to blow holes in the opponents' team. It also uses Berries to great effect, mainly to let my team survive a hit aimed to knock it out, but letting it survive, hit back, and most likely turn the tables on the would-be assailants. This is especially helpful when Tailwind runs out and I need a turn to resest. Tailwind is a severely underused tool in Doubles, being a new metagame, but it seems to not see a ton of use even in VGC, possibly due to the turn of setup, and that it lasts a shorter time than Trick Room, which is definitely more popular in both metas. As such, it's usually not prepared for in the same way, and the availability of usable mons is in no short amount, as you never have to worry about your opponent taking advantage of your weather/field effect, as Tailwind only benefits you. It of course loses its advantage against Trick Room Teams, but with careful play, they aren't too terribly hard to defeat. Although great players tend to account for this.

The team was designed simply. Use Tailwind to outspeed other teams abusing Rain/Sun/Sand sweepers, and kill their (usually) frail sweepers, such as Kingdra, Excadrill, and Venusaur, as well as Scarfed threats like Terrakion, Latios, and weird things like Darmanitan. I went for bulkier spreads on my team to capitalize on certain Pokemon's tendency to aim for SE coverage moves, only to be foiled by the use of a Berry, and then get swept clean by a pair of Pokemon in turn. The team has several great Synergizing pairs, several win conditions, and overall great variation on typing to allow for great coverage, both Offensively and Defensively. But I have talked quite enough about how it should work. I based the RMT and nicknames of the team from some of my favorite EDM artists, past and present. Where I grew up, Desert Raves were a huge thing. Lots of nothing out there made a great place for a rather off-the-wall party, followed by a sudden disappearance of life by the next morning. Fast, Sandy, Loud. That's what this team is about. Below each Pokemon, there's a hyperlink to a song. click it if you want. Now that the intro is out of the way, let's look at the team in detail.

Team At A Glance

The Start of Something Fun

When I originally had the idea for this team, I wanted to use a bulky Mandibuzz with Overcoat. I had seen a friend of mine use it Singles and was very surprised by the beating it could take, while messing up teams with Swagger, Foul Play, Knock Off and Roost. then I found out in learned Tailwind and I started working on a way to use it. At this early point of the team's life, I was already running Suicune and Breloom on the team, as well as Landorus, but was also running Abomasnow as a weather check. I don't remember what I had as my sixth mon, which shows how poor this team was at the start.

I then messed with the team quite a bit. I found Mandibuzz and Suicune had trouble setting Tailwind due to their shared Electric Weakness. I tried using Latias over Mandibuzz (sad days) and it helped. The rest of the team didn't change at this point, and I saw an increase in my Win:Loss ratio. It wasn't enough though and I started playing around with the EVs, trying to hit important benchmarks here and there. At this point, I decided to try Tyranitar, because Abomasnow's weaknesses just bothered me. This was right around the time Lagalag4 posted his Tailwind RMT, which showed me a lot of new ideas that I hadn't considered. After playing with his team, I took some ideas from it and meshed it into my own team, playing with EVs again here and there. I eventually settled on my final team after about a week of play, including losing a match in OMPL with an earlier version.

And now I'm here. This is the current version of my team.

The Details

Darude - Sandstorm
Darude (Tyranitar)
@
Chople Berry

Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SDef / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch

- Rock Slide

- Protect

- Fire Punch

Tyranitar has a special place of Nostalgia in my heart, being the first really good pokemon I ever had, back during Gen 2's heyday. Today in Gen 5, it's one of the most used Pokemon in every Tier it is allowed in, and for good reason. Tyranitar beings Sand, something quite a few of my Pokemon benefit from, and something most teams wouldn't prefer, seeing as there is quite a lack of good Sand teams running around the ladder, making Sand my choice for Anti-Weather. The EVs are a bit specific on this set, as is probably evident. Max Attack and Adamant to peg Cresselia. The speed is enough to hit 354 after Tailwind goes up, which is enough to beat Timid Latios and go for the kill, yet it still underspeeds Minimum speed Ninetales outside of TW. Rock Slide helps ease off the Genies (also outsped after TW), Fast KyuB, Ninetales, Volcarona, etc. Fire Punch beats Scizor without Superpower, Ferrothorn, Genesect, and Abomasnow. Protect is Protect, but it helps when Lando comes in and Zapdos is already down so I can still hit EQ if need be. The Defensive EVs are the really fun part of this set however. Tyranitar is famously bulky on the special side under Sand, meaning most folks will either try and change the weather to score a hit, or they'll try to hit you with a heavy Fighting or Steel attack, like Hitmontop's Fighting Gem CC, or Scizor's Banded Bullet Punch. With the EVs I have, as well as a bit of Intimidate help from Landorus (who resists both of these attacks too), TTar sticks around quite a long time without much trouble. And once those guys are out, TTar can come in a wreck face. As you can see, Tyranitar is a monster already with its sky high attack, good bulk which has easily handled weaknesses, and with Tailwind, that base 61 speed is just fine for outright sweeping.
DEFENSIVE CALCS
  • -1 252+ Atk Fighting Gem Hitmontop Close Combat vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Chople Berry Tyranitar: 320-378 (83.55 - 98.69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Dragon Gem Latios Draco Meteor vs. 168 HP / 12 SpD Tyranitar: 339-399 (88.51 - 104.17%) -- 25% chance to OHKO (Note: This is outside of Sand)
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 168 HP / 12 SpD Chople Berry Tyranitar in sand: 239-283 (62.4 - 73.89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 300-354 (78.32 - 92.42%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 168 HP / 12 SpD Tyranitar: 313-370 (81.72 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 338-402 (88.25 - 104.96%) -- 31.25% chance to OHKO (This one is important, as Intimidate has no effect on Metagross)

OFFENSIVE CALCS
  • 252+ Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 356-420 (118.27 - 139.53%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 40+ Def Cresselia: 222-264 (50 - 59.45%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after weather
  • 252+ Atk Tyranitar Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 368-436 (107.28 - 127.11%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Tyranitar Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 248-296 (70.45 - 84.09%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Tyranitar Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 276-326 (92.3 - 109.03%) -- 56.25% chance to OHKO (Note: This can OHKO more effectively due to Sand)

Awesome Skrillex!
Skrillex (Zapdos)
@
Yache Berry

EVs: 140 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 108 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Tailwind

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Discharge

- Heat Wave

Zapdos is one of my two Tailwind setters, and boy does this guy do work. With a Yache Berry, it only has a weakness to rock type moves, and with its bulk, can survive almost every single one of them, barring the very rare Rampardos (both Mold Breaker and Sheer Force). Not even Archeops can pull off a OHKO with its 140 base attack. It carries three attacking moves to take advantage of it's 125 base attack, and Tailwind lets it fire off rapidly, even without a lot of speed investment. The Speed EVs put Zapdos at 526 after Tailwind, which is one more than Scarf Latios. BoltBeam + Fire coverage is only resisted by Lanturn, Rotom-H, and Seaking with Lightningrod (FUCK YEAH SEAKING). I could slash Protect over Heat Wave as well if need be, but I haven't had much trouble with Zapdos needing to live another round. It's just so very bulky. I picked Discharge over Thunderbolt because spreading Paralysis around is just so great and if everything fast is paralyzed, I can waste less turns setting Tailwind. Zapdos also pairs well with Lando-T, as every good Rock move is physically based, and Zapdos' Heat Wave paired with Lando's Rock Slide will take out any Ice Type around, making it easier to sweep with DisQuake. It also outspeeds my own Ladorus, meaning I get to hit BalloonTran with a Discharge before cleaning up with Lando's powerful EQ. Zapdos is a great asset to this team, carrying good resists and a great amount of offensive power, as well as a reliable Tailwind to benefit the entire team.
DEFENSIVE CALCS
  • 252+ Atk Archeops Rock Slide vs. 140 HP / 4 Def Zapdos: 242-288 (67.97 - 80.89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 220+ SpA Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 140 HP / 4 SpD Yache Berry Zapdos: 181-214 (50.84 - 60.11%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 140 HP / 4 Def Yache Berry Zapdos: 207-243 (58.14 - 68.25%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 140 HP / 4 SpD Yache Berry Zapdos: 158-187 (44.38 - 52.52%) -- 21.48% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Chandelure Heat Wave vs. 140 HP / 4 SpD Zapdos in sun: 308-364 (86.51 - 102.24%) -- 18.75% chance to OHKO
OFFENSIVE CALCS
  • 252+ SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 190-224 (52.19 - 61.53%) -- 97.66% chance to 2HKO (Landorus finishes it easily.)
  • 252+ SpA Zapdos Discharge vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Politoed: 210-248 (54.68 - 64.58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 392-464 (106.23 - 125.74%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Flux Pavillion - Bass Cannon
Flux Pavillion (Kyurem-Black)
@
Haban Berry

Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Protect

- Dragon Claw

- Fusion Bolt

All Hail the Mighty KyuB! No really, this monster and formerly-Uber powerhouse is main wallbreaker of so many teams nowadays, it might just go Uber again. In Doubles, there are very few hazards, especially Stealth Rock, which makes KyuB even more frightening, as it no longer has to take 25% just for switching in. The moveset I chose might seem odd, considering an Adamant Nature with HP Fire. The thing is, KyuB has such a limited movepool, that I had to compensate a tiny bit, but in order not to lose any bulk or speed, I had to nerf his Special Attack a tad bit, but it's ok. Coming off its very good 120 Base Special, it still hits things stupid hard that it needs to, namely Steel Types like Excadrill that resist Dragon/Electric coverage. In fact, the moveset chosen has exactly zero resists all around, making it very useful for bashing heads. The few Speed EVs allow KyuB to outrun neutral nature Scarf Garchomp. Max Attack is, of course, for busting heads, while the rest of the EVs are poured in HP for bulking up this super powerful behemoth. Unfortunately, KyuB suffers from a very limited movepool, so I had to work with what was available. Dragon Claw hits pretty hard, though not as hard as Outrage, making it miss out on some of the OHKOs it needs. Fortunately, Sand Damage adds up quickly, so even Leftovers recovery is beaten. Fusion bolt and HP Fire is for the Steel Types that resist, Bolt for Heatran mostly, as well as Politoed, Jellicient, and HP Fire for Ferrothorn and Scizor. KyuB is a monster though, and under Tailwind, is a terrifying force. Let the Bass Cannon Kick It.
DEFENSIVE CALCS
  • 252 SpA Dragon Gem Latios Draco Meteor vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Haban Berry Kyurem-B: 375-442 (82.96 - 97.78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Haban Berry Kyurem-B: 394-465 (87.16 - 102.87%) -- 18.75% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Hitmontop Close Combat vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 348-410 (76.99 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 324-384 (71.68 - 84.95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252 Atk Life Orb Blaziken Hi Jump Kick vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 351-413 (77.65 - 91.37%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
OFFENSIVE CALCS
  • 252+ Atk Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Jellicent: 274-324 (67.99 - 80.39%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Politoed: 372-438 (96.87 - 114.06%) -- 81.25% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 56 Def Togekiss: 288-340 (77 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Kyurem-B Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyurem-B: 350-414 (89.51 - 105.88%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
  • 0- SpA Kyurem-B Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 252-300 (73.46 - 87.46%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Ephixa - Dubstep Killed Rock 'N' Roll
Ephixa (Suicune)
@
Wacan Berry

EVs: 120 HP / 252 SAtk / 136 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
Testing Scald
- Ice Beam

- Tailwind

- Roar

Suicune is my secondary Tailwind Setter. I have used it since the team’s start and I really like how it works. I originally used a bulkier spread with Scald and Snarl, but it didn’t do as much as I wanted it to. Then, Laga posted his Tailwind team and his Suicune spread, which I instantly fell in love with, so I borrowed it. It works well alongside Zapdos, as they resist each other’s weak points, or at least check them perfectly. The HP EVs give Suicune more bulk, which pads its impressive 100/115/115 stats already. The Speed EVs let it outspeed Adamant Breloom by 1 point, letting me OHKO with Ice Beam before it can Spore. Max Special Attack with a Modest nature allow Suicune to surprise most opponents expecting a more bulky Suicune. Water/Ice coverage hits the majority of mons in the game, with the exception of bulky Waters, which Breloom and Zapdos handle nicely. I decided to put Roar over Protect. My team lacks a real way to deal with Trick Room. It also has a bad time with Sub-Setup Sweepers. Roar lets me phaze out a TR setter before it can set, messing up the strategy for at least 2 turns, which is quite a long time in Doubles. Paired with Breloom, it makes for a very good Disruptor core. Overall, Suicune is a great mon on this team and has been here since the beginning, doing great work the entire time.
DEFENSIVE CALCS
  • 252 SpA Dragon Gem Latios Draco Meteor vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 306-360 (82.7 - 97.29%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Expert Belt Thundurus-T Thunder vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Wacan Berry Suicune: 227-268 (61.35 - 72.43%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Wacan Berry Suicune: 195-230 (52.7 - 62.16%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Suicune: 218-258 (58.91 - 69.72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 116 HP / 0 Def Suicune: 324-384 (87.56 - 103.78%) -- 18.75% chance to OHKO
OFFENSIVE CALCS
  • 252+ SpA Suicune Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 320-378 (82.9 - 97.92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Suicune Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 268-316 (102.29 - 120.61%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ SpA Suicune Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 164-194 (54.48 - 64.45%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Suicune Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 336-396 (83.16 - 98.01%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Suicune Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Bronzong: 147-174 (43.49 - 51.47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ SpA Suicune Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 183-216 (50.27 - 59.34%) -- 78.52% chance to 2HKO

Varien - Cloak and Dagger
Varien (Landorus-Therian)
@
Yache Berry

Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- U-turn

- Protect

Landorus-Therian was probably my favorite thing to come out of BW2. He’s such a badass, and does so much work for this team, providing a bulky, powerful Intimidate, a powerful offensive partner to Zapdos, an electric Resist, a Pivot. The list goes on and on. The EVs are a bit specific on this guy. The bulk is to survive random Ice type attacks headed my way, with a Yache Berry as extra support in case of BlizzSpam. Max Attack again (Kind of a theme here I guess) to blow up opponents. The speed is funny though. Normally, I wouldn’t even invest speed, but I found out that opposing Landorus, when Jolly Scarfed, outspeed Tailwind Landorus, which can be bad if they are carrying HP Ice, so I put just enough investment to outspeed them. Earthquake is my STAB of choice, with Rock Slide for coverage, flinch chance, and spread. U-Turn is kind of a filler move here though. I wanted something to act as a pivot and still retain momentum. However, I hardly ever use it unless I’m trying to hit Cresselia to bring in Tyranitar, so it’s a bit useless, though I have no idea what to put in over it. Landorus-T is probably the best thing for this slot. I tried Mamoswine in the spot and found it lacking. Max Base 145 Attack is ridiculous when it comes to EQ Spam, especially when paired with Zapdos’s Discharge, making for a very fast and potent offensive combo. I’ve considered running Gravity or even Smack Down over U-Turn to remove Cresselia’s and Bronzong’s immunity to ground moves. Smack Down especially as it is single target, won’t affect Zapdos, and still hurts the opponent. Overall, this guy does good work on the team, Intimidating things to allow some of my Pokemon to live important hits, and hitting things stupid hard at the same time.
DEFENSIVE CALCS
  • 252 SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Yache Berry Landorus-T: 278-330 (75.33 - 89.43%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Yache Berry Landorus-T: 234-276 (63.41 - 74.79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Punch vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Yache Berry Landorus-T: 218-260 (59.07 - 70.46%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 0 SpA Politoed Scald vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 192-228 (52.03 - 61.78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Yache Berry Landorus-T: 265-315 (71.81 - 85.36%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Rotom-W Hidden Power Ice vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Yache Berry Landorus-T: 174-206 (47.15 - 55.82%) -- 74.22% chance to 2HKO
OFFENSIVE CALCS
  • 252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bronzong: 188-224 (55.62 - 66.27%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Landorus-T U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 116-138 (26.12 - 31.08%) -- possible 4HKO
  • 252+ Atk Landorus-T U-turn vs. 192 HP / 64 Def Reuniclus: 214-252 (52.32 - 61.61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Landorus-T U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 220-260 (73.08 - 86.37%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 194-230 (64.88 - 76.92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Stephen Walking - Claptrap
Stephen Walking (Breloom)
(M) @
Focus Sash

Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Spore

- Bullet Seed

- Protect

- Mach Punch

Breloom is such a great mon. Priority, Sleep, but man is it frail. Good thing it has a base 130 attack stat, or I’d just run Amoongus on this spot. Breloom is my little powerhouse, and Suicune’s partner in crime as my usual lead. I run Adamant because I’m using a Tailwind team, so speed is never really an issue, but I have used Jolly before as well, and both work nicely. It usually protects first turn while Suicune sets up Tailwind, then proceeds to launch an offensive, or Spore my problems away. Grass and Fighting provides ample coverage along with Suicune’s Water/Ice. The EVs are the most boring on my entire team, because they’re super-standard. Breloom’s Job is to keep the bulky Waters away so Tyranitar and Lando can do their job. It’s especially great at stopping Trick Room setters and killing Jellicient. It’s also a great check to fast Priority mons and Pranksters after Tailwind goes up. Breloom is another one of my original team that has hardly changed at all, except for maybe the item/nature. It’s still a great team member overall though, providing the support I need when I need it. Focus Sash is a great item for Breloom, as it is constantly a target due to its fast Spore, great priority move with Technician Boost, and overall annoying factor. Sash gives it an extra life just in case I mispredict an Ice Shard or something like that. Breloom is just a great mon, and Tailwind just makes it better.
DEFENSIVE CALCS
LOL Breloom doesn’t survive shit. Maybe HP in the Rain from Shuckle.
OFFENSIVE CALCS
  • 252+ Atk Fighting Gem Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 308-366 (95.35 - 113.31%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Jellicent: 378-450 (93.79 - 111.66%) -- 56.25% chance to OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Fighting Gem Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0- Def Hydreigon: 392-464 (120.24 - 142.33%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Fighting Gem Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 354-416 (109.25 - 128.39%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252+ Atk Fighting Gem Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Darkrai: 354-416 (125.53 - 147.51%) -- guaranteed OHKO

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Threat List

*Coming Soon*

Synergy List

*Coming Soon*

Replays

Closing Remarks
Currently, this team has treated me very well and I plan on trying to top the ladder with it. I do notice a Trick room weakness when playing, and if I get outplayed, it can end badly for me. Any comments or questions about the team, please respond below. I'm always up for making improvements. The importable for the team is up at the top. If you like it, steal it. Just keep the nicknames the same and leave a Luvdisc so I know how many folks are trying it out. Thanks for reading this far!

Shout Outs
  • Pwnemon, for sitting and helping me with the crazy EV spreads.
  • Laga, for being awesome and for posting a great RMT and not minding that I stole some idea from it.
  • Arcticblast, for helping me out a bit with the team.
  • StarmanXL, for being an awesome opponent in OMPL and showing me my team’s weaknesses.
  • Audiosurfer for helping me with the RMT layout.
  • ~blastertwo on DeviantArt, for allowing folks to use his Shiny Pokemon linearts, so long as you post credit for it.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is a great RMT my friend, and it's good to see you like the suicune ;)

If I were to suggest any changes, there would be a little thing I could say. Like almost every single other Tailwind team, prankster T-wave looks to be a huge problem. I would suggest you run Lum Berry on something that doesn't absolutely need it's item, since it would become much less of a problem. The clear optimal pokemon to choose as the "Lum Bearer" would be either Breloon or Kyurem-B.

In my honest opinion, I think Kyurem-B is the better option, since Breloom needs it's fighting gem to OHKO threats like Terrakion, Heatran and more. I am not sure how much Kyurem-B needs his Haban Berry, but I think avoiding getting hit by a gem boosted Draco Meteor is ok easy, since it's a pretty obvious move for you opponent to go for, and with a Lum Berry, you can proceed to smack that annoying Thundurus in the face with a Dragon Claw. I have yet to test the item myself, but it seems that it might make paralysis teams much easier to deal with.

+
= a dead-ass

~ I also want to say that I totally agree with you that Laga is awesome :^D ~

Luvdisc'd :]

This is a great RMT my friend, and it's good to see you like the suicune ;)

If I were to suggest any changes, there would be a little thing I could say. Like almost every single other Tailwind team, prankster T-wave looks to be a huge problem. I would suggest you run Lum Berry on something that doesn't absolutely need it's item, since it would become much less of a problem. The clear optimal pokemon to choose as the "Lum Bearer" would be either Breloon or Kyurem-B.

In my honest opinion, I think Kyurem-B is the better option, since Breloom needs it's fighting gem to OHKO threats like Terrakion, Heatran and more. I am not sure how much Kyurem-B needs his Haban Berry, but I think avoiding getting hit by a gem boosted Draco Meteor is ok easy, since it's a pretty obvious move for you opponent to go for, and with a Lum Berry, you can proceed to smack that annoying Thundurus in the face with a Dragon Claw. I have yet to test the item myself, but it seems that it might make paralysis teams much easier to deal with.

+
= a dead-ass

~ I also want to say that I totally agree with you that Laga is awesome :^D ~

Luvdisc'd :]
I'll look at Lum Berry on it. The only problem with that is I have no Steel types to absorb Dragon type moves, so Kyub is a good lure for them.

btw for most of TTar's special calcs you used a +SpDef nature
Thanks! I'll edit that :) Fixed!

Also, testing a new set on Suicune, and edited Landorus' EVs, because the way I had them was a bit ridiculous.

I cant really help with team, but I can tell you that your acre is recalculated after your 15th match. Anything before that is inflated.

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
^^ Yeah, what he said. This isn't that impressive until your Glicko2 is at least +-100

I cant really help with team, but I can tell you that your acre is recalculated after your 15th match. Anything before that is inflated.
That's just the peak on that alt. the next match it dropped off 250 points due to my Glicko2 being glitched. I haven't stopped laddering with it though and I'll be keeping the peak current.

I'll be doing some work on this RMT over the next few days, mainly to fix the broken Hide Tags/Formatting Issues, and to complete the Synergy list, and maybe the threat list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)