1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Determining a standard for the Related Moves section

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Oglemi, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

Moves with effects that always occur (when they hit) are used more for the effects than the damage, for the most part. X-Scissor doesn't seem like a proper alternative for U-turn because it has no chance of causing the effect that makes U-turn a great attack. While X-Scissor has higher BP and is a physical Bug-type attack, the lack of scouting doesn't make it jump out as "related" to me.

Edit: To provide a bit more reasoning for why, I wouldn't say Return is a related move to Rapid Spin, even though it's a more powerful, physical, Normal-type attack.
  2. Oglemi

Oglemi THE DREAM IS REAL
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Alright I can support that.

I think I'm going to start a new thread separate from this one and the main thread to do the RM sections, since it'll be easier to keep track of everything.

I'll lead with a few examples and then we'll work from there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)