1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Determining a standard for the Related Moves section

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Oglemi, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

Moves with effects that always occur (when they hit) are used more for the effects than the damage, for the most part. X-Scissor doesn't seem like a proper alternative for U-turn because it has no chance of causing the effect that makes U-turn a great attack. While X-Scissor has higher BP and is a physical Bug-type attack, the lack of scouting doesn't make it jump out as "related" to me.

Edit: To provide a bit more reasoning for why, I wouldn't say Return is a related move to Rapid Spin, even though it's a more powerful, physical, Normal-type attack.
  2. Oglemi

Oglemi We broke it. Yes, we were naughty. Completely naughty.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Alright I can support that.

I think I'm going to start a new thread separate from this one and the main thread to do the RM sections, since it'll be easier to keep track of everything.

I'll lead with a few examples and then we'll work from there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)