Dexter Thread *Possible Spoilers*

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
season 2 > 4 > 1 > 5 > 6 > 3

3 was awful, and 6 had a lot of potential but went downhills towards the end when they went down the FIGMENT OF HIS IMAGINATION thing and the whole deb thing ahhh but they had to set up season 7 somehow, which has been promising so far yew

that saiiiiiiddddddd awful dexter is still good tv!

Guys.....season finale and ep. 11. My god what did everyone think? I know it has been awhile but damn. Was this not a promising season of Dexter?

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i've read reviews that weren't too keen on this episode but i thought it was pretty awesome and it wrapped up what i would consider a pretty good season. it wasn't flawless by any means, but it was a huge step forward and leaves me actually excited about season 8. isaak was the best villain the show's ever had, but they kind of killed him off in a way that made you forget he existed by the time the end of the season rolled around. the romance between hannah and dexter was okay, better than carrie and brody on homeland by a mile though, so i'll cut them some slack. debra was surprisingly not the worst this season but it would have been nice if they dropped the love subplot (one i think may play a big role next season ugh)

i'd say if i had to rank the seasons at this point i'd go
2 > 1 > 4 > 7 > 3
5 and 6 never happened

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
this season was consistently great and goddamn at the ending

Kid just rages for a while over another quinn storyline being dropped and ending up going nowhere though.

Apart from that, excellent season and can't wait for season 8. The change in Deb's character has been really interesting to watch and the fact that they've been able to believably turn someone with such strong beliefs about right/wrong into someone
that could kill her captain
just shows the writers have really stepped it up this season. Although imo it's kind of expected that the final seasons of dexter would be great since everyone slowly finding out about dexter is much more interesting than <dexter thinks he can change but realises at the end he can't and kills big baddie>

Found it very interesting that Deb was the one that killed Laguerta rather than Dexter, I was pretty confident that Dexter would be the one to do it and that would signal that he's truly lost it so verryyy intrigued to see the consequence of that

Hannah calling Deb a hypocrit was excellent too.

1>7>2>4> GAP >3>6>5

3 may be lower, I haven't watched it in ages.

just kinda curious why did everyone like season 2 so much? The ending kinda ruined it for me...

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
doakes vs dexter what's not to love? (Apart from Doakes' death which was admittedly a copout)

just kinda curious why did everyone like season 2 so much? The ending kinda ruined it for me...
I hated season 2 personally, it is probably my least favorite of all, even.

7 was spectacular though, 9 month wait for more dexter is simply maddening at this point

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do we know how many more seasons are planned? The ending of this season was pretty incredible.
We're going into the last season.

I was kind of disappointed to be honest. I really wanted Season 8 to start with Dexter in custody and Deb being forced into arresting her brother would have been a helluva way to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)