1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Dexter Thread *Possible Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by BocoGear, Oct 24, 2012.

1. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

"No protection, Dexter? You need to be more careful."
  2. junior

junior heard ur boyf was away this weekend, wanna meet at my place
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

season 2 > 4 > 1 > 5 > 6 > 3

3 was awful, and 6 had a lot of potential but went downhills towards the end when they went down the FIGMENT OF HIS IMAGINATION thing and the whole deb thing ahhh but they had to set up season 7 somehow, which has been promising so far yew

that saiiiiiiddddddd awful dexter is still good tv!
  3. BocoGear

BocoGear

Guys.....season finale and ep. 11. My god what did everyone think? I know it has been awhile but damn. Was this not a promising season of Dexter?
  4. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i've read reviews that weren't too keen on this episode but i thought it was pretty awesome and it wrapped up what i would consider a pretty good season. it wasn't flawless by any means, but it was a huge step forward and leaves me actually excited about season 8. isaak was the best villain the show's ever had, but they kind of killed him off in a way that made you forget he existed by the time the end of the season rolled around. the romance between hannah and dexter was okay, better than carrie and brody on homeland by a mile though, so i'll cut them some slack. debra was surprisingly not the worst this season but it would have been nice if they dropped the love subplot (one i think may play a big role next season ugh)

i'd say if i had to rank the seasons at this point i'd go
    2 > 1 > 4 > 7 > 3
    5 and 6 never happened
  5. panamaxis

panamaxis Allons-y!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

this season was consistently great and goddamn at the ending

Kid just rages for a while over another quinn storyline being dropped and ending up going nowhere though.

Apart from that, excellent season and can't wait for season 8. The change in Deb's character has been really interesting to watch and the fact that they've been able to believably turn someone with such strong beliefs about right/wrong into someone
    Show Hide
    that could kill her captain
    just shows the writers have really stepped it up this season. Although imo it's kind of expected that the final seasons of dexter would be great since everyone slowly finding out about dexter is much more interesting than <dexter thinks he can change but realises at the end he can't and kills big baddie>

Show Hide
    Found it very interesting that Deb was the one that killed Laguerta rather than Dexter, I was pretty confident that Dexter would be the one to do it and that would signal that he's truly lost it so verryyy intrigued to see the consequence of that

Hannah calling Deb a hypocrit was excellent too.

1>7>2>4> GAP >3>6>5

3 may be lower, I haven't watched it in ages.
  6. moi

moi

just kinda curious why did everyone like season 2 so much? The ending kinda ruined it for me...
  7. panamaxis

panamaxis Allons-y!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

doakes vs dexter what's not to love? (Apart from Doakes' death which was admittedly a copout)
  8. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

debra was just changed in a shipping container

just like dexter
  9. Flounder

Flounder

I hated season 2 personally, it is probably my least favorite of all, even.

7 was spectacular though, 9 month wait for more dexter is simply maddening at this point
  10. B-Lulz

B-Lulz You ain't gotta love it 'cos the hood gone love it
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

"oh fuck..."

yeah a great season, up there with the very best of dexter
  11. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

Do we know how many more seasons are planned? The ending of this season was pretty incredible.
  12. Lord Jesseus

Lord Jesseus

I'm pretty sure there's one more to go
  13. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

We're going into the last season.

I was kind of disappointed to be honest. I really wanted Season 8 to start with Dexter in custody and Deb being forced into arresting her brother would have been a helluva way to do it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)