Dialga EV help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for help with EVs to my Modest Dialga (Telepathy).

I've been doing very well with a similar team Wolfe Glick used, meaning less of a focus on trick room... But the option to use it if needed. I loved the strategy behind it.

Right now, I've been going with 252 HP/124 Def/52 SpA/76 SpD/4 Speed. I have 31 iv speed in my Dialga.

Any suggestions?

Well your spread looks solid except from some minor adjustments I'll recommend. 252 HP is a bad HP ev number if you are using the exact options Wolfe himself used, implying sitrus berry as the item. Dropping your HP to 244 does I admit make taking hits more costly ev wise. But with something like Dialga you need your sitrus to activate if hit by super fang since more than a few things can drop Dialga if only at 51% health or higher. 244 hp gives it a HP stat of 206 meaning you always eat your sitrus when hit by super fang. This spread still takes both special and physical Primal Groudon damage benchmarks which I'll add in the lower part of my post since I can't find a spoiler option. I think running 31 speed iv with no evs is the best option for Dialga. You are attempting to work in other speed control modes than trick room eg. Thundurus' Thunder Wave. So 0 IV at least in my opinion is not helping with many mirrors just pseudo trick room teams anyway.

Defensive:
252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 244 HP / 76 Def Dialga: 170-204 (82.5 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Primal Groudon Earth Power vs. 244 HP / 92 SpD Dialga: 170-204 (82.5 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Offensive:
Note that these are not defense hindering natures with these calcuations :)
92+ SpA Dialga Dragon Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 176-210 (102.9 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
92+ SpA Dialga Dragon Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza: 162-192 (89.5 - 106%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Dialga @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Telepathy
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 76 Def / 92 SpA / 92 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Trick Room
- Protect

If you don't mind, could you update the OP with the content you find? I've been wanting to use a dialga of my own, but have no idea what kind of benchmarks i should try reaching and what its defensive and offensive capabilities are.

Edit: So it ends up like that primal groudon benchmark thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.