Pokémon Diancie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally no since she will be lacking in defensive investment, and without lefties to recover. I find the role is better left to another mon.
Between Rotom-W, Mega Diancie, and Landorus-T, my team handles those pesky birds well. Generally forces 'em right out as if they were scarecrows. I've said this before, but don't let Mega Diancie's above average 110/110 defenses fool you. Her HP is paper-thin, which really hinders her bulk. She's usually OHKO'd by anything on the special side of the spectrum, especially with the Naive Nature.

good EVs spread for mega-diancie? No EVs in attack?
I run 4 Attack / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed, but I've seen people invest more into attack so she better handles Birdspam.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I got a Rash Diancie (+SpA -SpD) and was wondering if Rock Polish is usable on Diancie. It seems like if would be good because you can RP while they switch to something that would be faster. Also, If RP Diancie is good, Is a Rash Nature good on it?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I got a Rash Diancie (+SpA -SpD) and was wondering if Rock Polish is usable on Diancie. It seems like if would be good because you can RP while they switch to something that would be faster. Also, If RP Diancie is good, Is a Rash Nature good on it?
Rash is actually really good for RP Mega Diancie since it lets you use Diamond Storm. You only need 28 Speed EVs to outspeed Scarf Latios after a RP boost and you can dump the rest into HP, Attack, or both. If you're paranoid about Scarf Greninja you could run 108 Speed EVs to beat it.

I've been thinking about EV training my perfect Hasty HP Fire Diancie in preperation for it's Mega, but I've been having trouble deciding on it's EV spread. I've seen the 4 atk/max sp atk/max speed spread, but I also saw certain criticisms of it so that got me thinking - does Mega Diancie need to run any particular attack EVs to score any specific Diamond Storm KOs?

I've been thinking about EV training my perfect Hasty HP Fire Diancie in preperation for it's Mega, but I've been having trouble deciding on it's EV spread. I've seen the 4 atk/max sp atk/max speed spread, but I also saw certain criticisms of it so that got me thinking - does Mega Diancie need to run any particular attack EVs to score any specific Diamond Storm KOs?
I am not sure what the optimal one is either but I definitely run enough to usually 2HKO SR Clefable and dent Mew. As for attack I am experimenting with either 88-100. Highest I would go at best is enough EVs to 2HKO 252+ Def Blissey, since I tend to EV with UU in mind. That said I just aim enough to pressure Mew/Clefable in OU, and it does hit hard enough to also do 40% min on Banded Scizors which is enough to pressure em to BP.

I guess lowest you can aim for at minimum is to OHKO Zapdos after SR:
36 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Zapdos: 288-342 (75 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
I think something along the lines of this has been said before, but Hidden Power Fire isn't the best on Diancie. She literally 2HKOs Scizor with Diamond Storm - and that's with just 4 EVs - but once your opponent sees Diancie has Hidden Power Fire, they're not bringing in Scizor. Plus, her Hidden Power doesn't have priority, so the only way you'd be hitting Scizor is on the switch, and you can't reliably do that.

I think something along the lines of this has been said before, but Hidden Power Fire isn't the best on Diancie. She literally 2HKOs Scizor with Diamond Storm - and that's with just 4 EVs - but once your opponent sees Diancie has Hidden Power Fire, they're not bringing in Scizor. Plus, her Hidden Power doesn't have priority, so the only way you'd be hitting Scizor is on the switch, and you can't reliably do that.
If anything hp fire is for ferrothorn, but lets face it, most of diancie teams run a knock off user like lando-t and Magnezone. So it isnt needed that much unless paranoid people start running shed shell on their ferros.

Karxrida

More speed creep stuff. 80 Speed lets your beat Adamant Sand Rush Excadrill while 188 lets you beat Jolly. Earth Power also has a 93.8% chance to OHKO Excadrill if you're Rash.

If anything hp fire is for ferrothorn, but lets face it, most of diancie teams run a knock off user like lando-t and Magnezone. So it isnt needed that much unless paranoid people start running shed shell on their ferros.
Shed shell ferro is already a pretty common thing. There's that many magnezones running around that its bordering on making ferro unviable in competitive play if you don't run it.

Shed shell ferro is already a pretty common thing. There's that many magnezones running around that its bordering on making ferro unviable in competitive play if you don't run it.
Yep the trap paranoia is starting. And sadly it wont go away with ease.

Idk if this is the proper place to speculate this, but in the new clip released by the Pokemon Company, it looks like Mega Diancie is using a move that we haven't seen yet. Either this is the anime-version of Diamond Storm, or Diancie gets a new attack, possibly Secret Sword? Thoughts?

Why is there suddenly an influx of speculation and fake leaks on a thread made solely to discuss the new changes we definitely know for sure?

i myself got a decent diancie with rash nature but a shaky 31 atk,def,sp.a. in game she will seem like a pain to use with iv problems but i can see mega diancie being quite the threat.

I managed to SR myself a hasty (or was it naive? Can't remember) 28-29,28-29,31,31,31,31 Diancie (took under 20 tries too, heck yeah), but this means no hp fire. So what should I run in my 4th slot? I'd be going for moonblast, diamond storm and earth power, of course.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I managed to SR myself a hasty (or was it naive? Can't remember) 28-29,28-29,31,31,31,31 Diancie (took under 20 tries too, heck yeah), but this means no hp fire. So what should I run in my 4th slot? I'd be going for moonblast, diamond storm and earth power, of course.
calm mind, rock polish, or protect

psychic/psyshock is also an option for m-venu/amoongus

I've been doing extensive testing on Mega Diancie, and I eventually plan to write the analysis for her, but I dunno if I'll be able to. But anyway, my most recent test was the Rock Polish set, and I've found that it works pretty good. You just have to set up at the right time, on something she checks or counters...and Scizor needs to be gone for this to work.

Diancie @ Diancite - Rash Nature (Magic Bounce)
EVs: 132 HP / 16 Attack / 252 Sp. Attack / 108 Speed
move 1: Diamond Storm
move 2: Moonblast
move 3: Earth Power
move 4: Rock Polish

16 Attack EVs allows Diancie to kill Zapdos after Stealth Rock with Diamond Storm. 108 Speed EVs ensure that she outspeeds Scarf Greninja, meaning that she then go on to outspeed pretty much everything in the entire tier bar Sand Rush Excadrill. 252 EVs are invested into Sp. Attack to increase the power of Moonblast and Earth Power, and the rest is invested into HP to increase Diancie's bad HP stat by a little bit. Diamond Storm is her, really, only good physical STAB, giving her a 50% chance to boost her defense after using it. Moonblast can also lower the foe's Sp. Attack, and Earth Power can lower Sp. Defense. Rock Polish is the main move of the set, doubling Diancie's speed.

Also, you will be able to teach Diancie Earth Power by spending a few BP at the Battle Resort in ORAS. I guess shards are a thing of the past, but hey - now those BP you rack up from Bank are more useful!

Last edited:

Karxrida

I've been doing extensive testing on Mega Diancie, and I eventually plan to write the analysis for her, but I dunno if I'll be able to. But anyway, my most recent test was the Rock Polish set, and I've found that it works pretty good. You just have to set up at the right time, on something she checks or counters...and Scizor needs to be gone for this to work.

Diancie @ Diancite - Naive Nature (Magic Bounce)
EVs: 152 HP / 16 Attack / 252 Sp. Attack / 88 Speed
move 1: Diamond Storm
move 2: Moonblast
move 3: Earth Power
move 4: Rock Polish

16 Attack EVs allows Diancie to kill Zapdos after Stealth Rock with Diamond Storm. 88 Speed allows her to outspeed Sand Rush Excadrill after one Rock Polish boost, meaning that she then go on to outspeed pretty much everything in the entire tier. 252 EVs are invested into Sp. Attack to increase the power of Moonblast and Earth Power, and the rest is invested into HP to increase Diancie's bad HP stat by a little bit. Diamond Storm is her, really, only good physical STAB, giving her a 50% chance to boost her defense after using it. Moonblast can also lower the foe's Sp. Attack, and Earth Power can lower Sp. Defense. Rock Polish is the main move of the set, doubling Diancie's speed.

Also, you will be able to teach Diancie Earth Power by spending a few BP at the Battle Resort in ORAS. I guess shards are a thing of the past, but hey - now those BP you rack up from Bank are more useful!
You should probably run Rash since it gives you a significantly higher chance to OHKO Excadrill on top of making you more powerful in general. Check my posts above for important benchmarks you achieve with Rash.

Karxrida

Good idea. I've updated the set.
Calculator still hates me right now so I can't check, but does your spread have more than 275 Speed? If so you beat Adamant Sand Rush Excadrill after a RP (and, by extension, every Swift Swimmer since they're all slower than Excadrill).

It definitely sucks that GF seemingly forced Diancie to be a mixed attacker; however, getting a physical fairy move still wouldn't have fixed the main problem of having nothing to hit steels with on the physical side. Most players would have still likely opted for a mix attacker (or lean towards an all-out special attacker) in order to have steel coverage. Hopefully that's fixed in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)