Pokémon Diancie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be better if in the Physically Defensive set you made it Bold instead of Relaxed? Just saying...
Diamond Storm is a Physical move, so no. Diancie's so damn slow the speed drop makes little to no difference anyways.

Also I wasn't going to post again in this thread until Diancie officially comes out, but eh, whaddya gonna do.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
The weakness Policy set is pretty bad in my opinion since the most common SE move Diancie will be eating is Bullet Punch:

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Diancie: 264-312 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

0 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 264-312 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

She's just hopeless against Scizor and steel types in general, so I think Magnezone support is a must no matter what she runs.

The weakness Policy set is pretty bad in my opinion since the most common SE move Diancie will be eating is Bullet Punch:

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Diancie: 264-312 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

0 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 264-312 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

She's just hopeless against Scizor and steel types in general, so I think Magnezone support is a must no matter what she runs.
I don't think the purpose is for her to stay in on these Steel types. Maybe to take a Surf, Giga Drain or something. You do have to get rid of the Steel types on the other team before sending her out though, so you definitely have a point. The Assault Vest set is much more consistent as a semi-offensive set.

I don't think the purpose is for her to stay in on these Steel types. Maybe to take a Surf, Giga Drain or something. You do have to get rid of the Steel types on the other team before sending her out though, so you definitely have a point. The Assault Vest set is much more consistent as a semi-offensive set.
I don't think that AV set would work, it lacks power and (especially) coverage when compared to Conkeldurr and Goodra (and Goodra isnt that great either). I just don't see Diancie doing much, unless it gets some event moves (its offensive movepool is horrible: Diamond storm, Moonblast, psyshock and (lol) gyro ball)

Diamond Storm is a Physical move, so no. Diancie's so damn slow the speed drop makes little to no difference anyways.

Also I wasn't going to post again in this thread until Diancie officially comes out, but eh, whaddya gonna do.
I don't 'now. Say, I'm using my Carbink for now.

And wasn't Diamond Storm more of a defensive move than offensive, knowing it increases Diancie's rigtheous defenses to ridiculous levels?

I don't 'now. Say, I'm using my Carbink for now.

And wasn't Diamond Storm more of a defensive move than offensive, knowing it increases Diancie's rigtheous defenses to ridiculous levels?
Righteous defense is made up by horrendous defensive typing though. Oh and 50 base HP. I don't know, but this guy just screams bad.

Righteous defense is made up by horrendous defensive typing though. Oh and 50 base HP. I don't know, but this guy just screams bad.
Due to Carbink's/Diancie's low speed, I believe full HP investment and high HP IVs will be common. At max HP, 31 Ivs, both reach 304 HP. Even though you're right, none of them can take the risk of being *2HKO* by Scizor's Bullet Punch (max HP and Def investment with Calm nature like my Carbink's). As far as I've seen, Diancie has a possibility of being in BL.

*EDIT*: Both get OHKO'd by Bullet Punch.

Last edited:
Although I've been running this w/ Carbink in OU basically want to try it with Diancie once its released. Probably isn't as great as it could be but I like HP Fire as it lures a few Steel types which it can get good damage on before switching to something that handles them better.

Diancie@Leftovers
Clear Body
Sassy
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic/Moonblast
-Hidden Power Fire
-Diamond Storm

I've been using Carbink in my current team and I'm surprised on how many common things it can wall. Its pretty weak however butt Diancie's higher attacks should fix its damage output a bit. I personally would probably run Toxic as it can wear down a lot of Pokes that cant hurt it anyways. I'll miss Moonblast for some dragons but I prefer using Toxic as the team I use has great synergy with its typing.

Also sorry if this isn't the place for this but what is the preffered ability for Carbink?

Due to Carbink's/Diancie's low speed, I believe full HP investment and high HP IVs will be common. At max HP, 31 Ivs, both reach 304 HP. Even though you're right, none of them can take the risk of being 2HKO by Scizor's Bullet Punch (max HP and Def investment with Calm nature like my Carbink's). As far as I've seen, Diancie has a possibility of being in BL.
I really dont think so. It cant take hits that well (due to lack of resistances, that rock typing really sucks), and it has horrible offensive movepool. And as a cm sweeper it is outclassed by suicune who has better typing, speed and stab that can burn. Diancie will probably be decent in UU but i dont see it being broken by any means

Last edited:
Honestly, Diancie's basically just Regirock with mixed offenses and a Fairy typing tacked on. It even has the same damned ability. There is more or less nothing that will make it OU viable with that perspective.

It will do moderately well in UU with all the Fire-types hanging around, but there is no way it can survive in OU with the ridiculously highly offensive threats lingering about. It's 2HKO'd by boosted coverage moves or even some neutral STAB moves in OU.

I'm not impressed. Stupid GameFreak. If only it had a cool ability...

Unless this thing pulls Sacred Fire or something ridiculous like that out of its ass, I don't see how this thing is anywhere near viable in OU.

I could see a great defensive core with diance and mega bulky scizor diance can provided scizor with rock and or screen support. I have yet to test this core out but it seems good in theory

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
4 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 174-206 (72.1 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
EDIT: derp 4 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (44 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 132-156 (54.7 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

However:
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 304-364 (126.1 - 151%) -- guaranteed OHKO

But everyone knew that anyway.

252 SpA Chandelure Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 150-178 (49.3 - 58.5%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Slowbro Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 122-146 (40.1 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Darmanitan Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 162-192 (53.2 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 133-157 (43.7 - 51.6%) -- 10.2% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 121-144 (39.8 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

UU looks healthy for it though.

Last edited:
I just realized that Diancie is an excellent weavile counter (probably best non-steel type to counter weavile). It can also check scarfed Dmanitan (those lacking eq) and scarfed Victini. It can also take on np M-Houndoom, but loses to Sunny Day set. I would actually recommend moving this discussion to UU section of the forum, since UU seems to be the place where it can shine.

Last edited:
I just realized that Diancie is an excellent weavile counter (probably best non-steel type to counter weavile). It can also check scarfed Dmanitan (those lacking eq) and scarfed Victini. It can also take on np M-Houndoom, but loses to Sunny Day set. I would actually recommend moving this discussion to UU section of the forum, since UU seems to be the place where it can shine.
I agree. Going by the calcs above, the cute rock checks quite a few of UU's top tier Pokemon, and most of those calcs don't show Diancie with any defense investment for the stat the respective attack is targeting. However, she will have trouble switching into Darmanitan and Chandelure if they're locked into EQ and Energy Ball, respectively.

Here's what Diancie can do back, I chose Diamond Storm because it seems like it'll be a staple move on most Diancie:

0 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 236-278 (90.4 - 106.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 348-410 (99.1 - 116.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Houndoom: 236-278 (80.8 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 306-362 (108.5 - 128.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Could be worse. Lack of recovery outside leftovers and slow speed is a problem, though.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
The only threads in the OU forum that get closed are for pokemon that are completely unviable in OU. Plenty of UU pokemon are usable in OU and even a couple of RU ones, so that's why they can still get threads just fine here.

Go make a thread in the UU forum for it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)