1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Did Platinum improve this game?

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by Tingaling, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Well I was mostly responding to Sceptile being pathetic offensively. I use an all out attacker set and it works and kills ALOT of it's counters, especially with that speed on it's side.

The fact that you are really the only one complaining about bulky waters I think says something. I don't think they are so overpowering as you claim.
  2. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Are you kidding me? Like in every thread discussing the over-centralization of the metagame "Bulky Water" almost always comes up. It's just that no one of them are popular enough to even think about banning (nor shoud they be) or can get in the top ten, but the fact is that they are a major factor of the metagame just like salamence or zapdos.

If there were 5 slightly different offensive dragons with power comparable to salamence, you can bet it would probably fall from the top 10.
  3. TDS

TDS

No one complains about it because it's an unsolvable problem. We can't just ban every water type. Skymin helps but its not like water types don't ice beam on the switch...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)