Other Digimon Themed Pokemon Team

Hello!! There are those who argue Digimon is way more intense or better than pokemon.. BUT i am a fan of both so i decided to make a Digimon Themed Team... Ill get right into it!! This is a very offensive Team That has been pretty successful for me in UU tier...

Lead
MagnaAngemon (Absol-Mega) (M) @ Absolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
Mega Absol has great Offensive Stats and a great speed tier to make it a Great sweeper in today's meta game!! It also carries priority in Sucker punch to handle scarf users, and can learn attacks like Fire blast/super power to handle Steel types and also learns Play rough to deal with its fighting weakness!! Mega Absol looks a lot like Angemon when it mega evolves, hence the comparison!! If using a female absol you can name it Angewoman.... Protect is used to scout and also to allow you to mega evolve safely avoiding statuses.. Magic bounce works well as a lead to prevent the oponent from setting hazards on your side of the field..

Bulky/Tanky Special Attacker
Ikkakumon (Walrein) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA /4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Blizzard
- Signal Beam
- Icy Wind
Walrien looks is comparable to Ikkakumon and its ice type also provides somewhat a similarity.. This set is more a bulky Special Sweeper with ICY WIND providing valuable team support by slowing down offensive threats... This is not the most common or maybe not the most effective walrien set but this one works best with this team :) Max SpA with a modest nature maximize its SpA while assault vest and Max HP investment makes him as Specially bulky as possible without investing any EVs in SpD... Its STAB surf and Blizzard can provide decent coverage for this team...

Wall
Garurumon (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def /4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
Suicune is one of the best walls in the game and provides valuable bulk for this team... I was considering Mightyena for Garurumon but Absol does everything Mightyena does but better... Suicune also serves as a switch in on Absol's Threats and can then proceed to set up calm minds or burn a pokemon with scald... Max HP and Def with Calm mind makes Suicune as bulky as possible.. Calm Mind makes suicune even more bulky and a terrifying offensive presence after a few boosts...

Set up Special Sweeper
Lillymon (Lilligant) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe /4HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Quiver Dance
Lilligant is as close a resemblance to Lillymon as you can get!! Its typying and design both is somewhat similar to Lillymon making this an ideal crossover... This Set aims to make it a set up special sweeeper wit sleep powder + quiver dance.. Giga Drain for stab and recovery with Hidden Power Rock to deal with bug pokemon mostly which is a threat not only to Lilligant, but Absol as well.... The EV spread maximizes Lilligant's speed and attack making it fulfill the sweeper role more efficiently...

Scarfed Physical Sweeper
Kabuterimon (Heracross) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe /4HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
Heracross looks alot like Kabuterimon doesnt he? I was considering using Heracross as my mega of choice but the Magic Bounce of Absol is too good to resist... Scarf + Moxie makes Heracross a real terrifying Physical Sweeper in any tier UU or aove.. A jolly nature with maximum attack and speed investment is preferred to make him fulfill the sweeper role more effectively.. Moxie boosting its attack by one stage for ever pokemon it KOs makes it the preferred ability..

Set up Physical sweeper/
Growlmon (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
Tyrantrum is comparable to Growlmon in design :) This set looks to set up a DD the proceed to sweep the oponent with rock head Head smashes or Outrage.. Stealth Rock is used as a move-slot to provide the team with at least one layer of entry hazard if its so desired... Max Attack and Speed makes it fulfill the sweeper role after a boost... It is advised to set up on a pokemon that cannot hurt him too much since Tyrantrum does have quite a few weknesses... A scarf set can be used but we already have a scarfed pokemon on this team so locking Tyrantrum into a move can make him set up bait and be force to be used as death fodder..

Notable Mentions

WarGrowlmon
(Bisharp) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4HP
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut
Bisharp is a great pokemon and does look like WarGrowlmon with those blades on its arm.. The only reason it is not used it the initial SIX is because the before mentioned SIX Pokemon can be used in UU tier... This Set aims to make Bisharp a Physical Sweeper but if used with mega absol you will have another pokemon that will hate a Mach Punch.. The EV spread aims to Maximize its sweeper potential, while a jolly nature provides valuable out speeds such as Adamant Mega Alttaria...
Zudomon (Chesnaught) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def /4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch
- Toxic
Chestnaught is a really good pokemon in the UU tier in its hard to leave him out of the team above!! So usually alternates with Lillymon... This set really works in good tandem with Absol in dealing with Fighting pokes or those Mach Punches... The aim of this set is to Stall out Mostly Fighting types that would normally OHKO Absol... This EV spread aims to make him function as a Physcial Wall/Tank..

Birdramon (Blaziken-Mega) (F) @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Blaze Kick
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
If you are not restricted to any Tiers or just playing for FUN!! Then you must not leave out Birdramon!!! We all know why Blaziken is and would probably always be UBER!! Spped boost with that Great Attack stat is jus OVERKILL!!! Definitely one of the most Powerful Mega with one of the Best Ability for a sweeper.... An adamant nature is used since protect Makes basically gives you a free Scarf Turn 1!!!

Impmon (Sableye) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Taunt
Sableye does in some way looks like Impmon doesn't he? Its hard to leave Sableye out of any team really and i would normally use him in place of Tyrantrum when a more defensive team is desired, since the support Sableye can provide to any team is just incomparable!! This set aims to provide as much longevity as possible while shutting down set up pokemon/stall pokes and to hurt physical sweepers!!

Kuwagamon (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Superpower
Scizor is red and does look a bit like Kuwagamon... It can deal with fairy pokes well with those banded technician bullet punches... The only reason it was leaved out of the Initial SIX is because he is Over Used!! :( But if you are jus playing for FUN or OU tier it will be too great a pokemon to exclude from a team using Mega Absol...

Here are some battles using some of the pokes:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-423329706
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-423334742
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-423336608
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-423367520 (digimon v celebrities)

Last edited:

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Hello there! A Digimon themed team is pretty cool, and pretty unique.

So first of all, a lot of your sets are pretty suboptimal. Protect is quite unecessary on Mega Absol as you usually can get a nice opportunity to Mega Evolve, so replacing Protect with Swords Dance would let you gain another win condition and help you break down the bulkier mons of the UU tier.

Walrein is not a very good pokemon in the UU tier for a multitude of reasons, including its weakness to Stealth Rocks and other things, but if you are trying to fit the theme of Digimons there is not really another mon that is better. If you insist on using Walrein, I would opt for a more defesive set seeing that it has a good defensive ability in Thick Fat.

Walrein @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Toxic
- Surf
- Protect

This set is the standard set that would allow you to tank far more hits and spread Toxic throughout entire teams. It takes advantage of its decentish defensive typing and stats and is generally better than an all out attacking set.

Suicune is a very good mon in this tier, but Air Slash is quite unecessary. It can tank a lot of grass hits after one Calm Mind, which makes Air Slash really redundant on this set. I would replace Air Slash with Rest, and Substitute for Rest Talk. This is the famous Crocune set which is famous for being very very hard to stop once it is set up and has caused many a player to get annoyed.

Heracross could use a more optimal set like this:

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

First off forgot to put 4 extra EVs somewhere :) Secondly, Aerial Ace does not really hit anything in this tier. Megahorn will hit most grasses that you need to hit and there are not a whole ton of super relevant bug types other than Mega Beedrill. Knock Off is an amazing move that can remove items such as Eviolites, Leftovers, and other Choice items severely crippling certain mons. I might also try out Stone Edge over Earthquake, which would let you Crobat and Fire types for more damage.

Tyrantrum is a suboptimal setter for many reasons, but mainly its bad because you then miss out on having Earthquake which would let you hit mons such as Mega Steelix, Coballion, and Doublade really hard. Switching out Stealth Rock for Earthquake would allow Tyrantrum to really shine as a Dragon Dance sweeper. Stealth Rocks are nice, but Earthquake is the far better option here.

A very interesting team, and I love how you tried to base it off a theme!

Hey man thanks for your input... however, assault vest on walrein basically give you the same amout of bulk as u highlighted... the set i used works because its unpredictable and really annoys with Icy Wind and its Stab moves do give some surprise and unexpected kills, at the cost of some recovery and longevity....

The suggestions on heracross and suicune are most welcome and actually i would make those changes....

Protect on Mega Absol works well to scout for attacks, indeed Swords dance is great but unless using it on a predicted switch its usually hard to really pull it off, trust me i tried it quite often....

I assure you the 6 does put in work :) but thnkas alot for your comment man really appreciate it... Why dont you check out my Star wars theme while u at it....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)