ORAS UU Dinos, Doges, and One Man's Quest for Dat Ass

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't know how the fuck to format these things so this isn't gonna look fancy. Sorry about that.

I don't really touch the forums. I mostly hang around on PS UU chat, so I'd be surprised if you recognised me. This is my second RMT, and my first competent RMT. Don't go looking for my first one because honestly it's total shit.

My granddaddy told me with his dying breath that there are two types of people in this world: people who say that they want dat ass, and dirty fuckin' liars. This squad is all about grabbing a solid hold of dat ass and not letting go. They're gonna touch your butt and it's not going to be comfortable.

Teambuilding Process:

1. I started with a badass wallbreaking core of Tyrantrum and Entei, for maximum booty grabbing potential. They support each other well, and take out each other's checks.
  2. Wanna know what wallbreakers love? VolTurn. I added Gligar and Heliolisk for some VolTurn action. Heliolisk also lessens my weakness to bulky Ground types, since it can smack them with Grass Knot.
  3. DD Mence can come in pretty much whenever it wants (usually mid to late game) to DD and punch a massive hole in the opponent's team, to either pave the way for Dino and Doge or clean up after them.
  4. Zam is great offensive glue. I added him to again take on bulky Grounds and Mega Shark (which would otherwise grab my butt with its spooky jaws) w/ Energy Ball. It also acts as my failsafe against opposing Salamence, which it can OHKO with HP Ice.
LET'S LOOK AT THIS SHIT IN-DEPTH, SHALL WE?

CPT. BUTT TOUCH (Tyrantrum) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower Facade

This is Dino. He doesn't let his tiny arms hold him back from grabbing dat ass. He smashes his head straight in and gets all up in dat. Coverage gives him very few switch ins. Facade is there so I can sponge status like a champ and still bop things if I get burned. I'm really only weak to bulky Ground types, and even then, CB Outrage severely weakens Hippo, and even has a small chance to 2HKO. Donphan and Pert just die if they try to switch in.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 196-232 (46.6 - 55.2%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

EDIT: TFW I CALC AFTER ROCKS ON A TEAM WITH NO ROCKS

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Donphan: 195-231 (50.7 - 60.1%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Outrage vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 237-280 (59.1 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

THESE ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CALCS OF ALL TIME:

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 244-288 (54.9 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 252-297 (62.3 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Dino likes his booty nice and fat.

WHERE DA BOOTY AT (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

This is Doge. If you don't know how he works, welcome to UU! He softens things up for everyone else by hitting like a truck and burning shit. Vaporeon and Cune are basically the only resists that don't care about being burned, and they give me a free (albeit very obvious) switch into the Lizard, or, if I feel like playing with RNG, Dino.

FAT BAT (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-Turn
- Earthquake

This is Fat Bat. Fat Bat's job is to pivot. He switches in, he gets rid of hazards, then gets the fuck out of Dino's and Doge's way. I've forgone rocks because they're a momentum sink and HO ain't about that. Earthquake makes it so I'm not a passive-ass bitch, and it can 2HKO a surprising amount of things without investment. Gligar is also the my EQ switch-in, and the closest thing I have to a Sacred Fire switch-in.

SUNLIZARD UR A LIZARD HARRY (Heliolisk) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot Surf

This is Lizard. Yes, I stole this name. Fucking sue me. He is my (very, very obvious) Scald switch-in. His only drawbacks as a Water check are that he can't switch into Stoise cause of Aura Sphere and that he gets stalled out by Cune (though that can be said of a lot of things -- this is HO, so my only answer to it is offensive pressure, really). Basically he comes in on a Scald, Volt Switches, and Grass Knots any Ground type that wants to be a cheeky sonbitch and stop me from Volt Switching.

MOUSTACHE ANOREXIA (Alakazam) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is Zam. He's here as offensive glue, and to take on the things everyone else is weak to, particularly bulky Ground types and Mega Shark (with Energy Ball) and Dragons. He is also my failsafe against Salamence (exclusing Fatmence, but he isn't really a threat as long as Dino is around), whom he can OHKO with HP Ice after taking a hit w/ Sash. He also makes for a great revenge killer when paired with Entei's E-Speed.

SHELDON (Salamence) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Roost

This is Sheldon. He is here basically as filler, and because he's just an absolutely amazing mon to have in UU. Also what team doesn't appreciate a wincon? His name is Sheldon because that sounds like the name of someone who'd touch your butt without asking, and Mence likes to molest teams. He can come in at pretty much any point in the game, set up a DD or two, and sweep. He can either pave the way for Dino and Doge to demolish the opponent's team, or clean up after they've done work. EV's outspeed Jolly Mega Aero @ +1. Rest of the EV's are dumped into HP. Lum Berry to stop status, and act as a pseudo switch-in to Sacred Fires and Scalds.

IMPORTABLE

Threatlist:

- Bulky Ground types, particularly HIPPOWDON

Hippo can pretty easily wall Dino and Doge, and doesn't care too much about burns, since he can still threaten them out with EQ. I have to somehow get Heliolisk or Mence in safely against him so I can either set up on it or bop it w/ Grass Knot.

- SUICUNE

This one's pretty obvious. If it sets up a CM it can 2HKO Dino with Scald, since Dino has like 2 SpDef. However, if I dodge a burn, I can 2HKO in return with Head Smash, but because of 80% accuracy + burn chance that's a pretty big if. Mence can also set up and soften it up if need be.

- FERALIGATR

This thing can 6-0 me if it sets up a DD, and if Entei + Zam are unable to revenge kill. Nothing wants to switch in. Seriously. This thing destroys me.

- HYDREIGON

I have nothing to outspeed Scarf Hydreigon (bar Mence @ +2, but I just win at that point regardless), and Gligar can't switch in safely on a Draco if it's weakened. Have to keep Fat Bat healthy at all times with this thing around.

- GOBORAIN

TFW no Taunter. I just lose. Ripperoni.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read!

Last edited:

ehT

is a Contributor Alumnus
My logic with Flare Blitz was that Sacred Fire only has so many PP, and since Cune comes in for days + UU is the Protect spam tier, Flare Blitz is a good backup if I run out.

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
I do like the idea of this team as from what im seeing you have a good core of bop mons which hole punch teams and then a reliable sweeper in mence. Hidden power ice on zam seems nice as u can stop mence in its tracks with your sash. A simple change I could suggest is that superpower seems redundant coverage with EQ and u can put in something like fire fang to ruse forry on the switch or heck even facade in the event you get burned. Another simple change u could make is to run surf over grass knot on helio as hyper voice already does a really high amount to swampert and with surf you can ohko nidoqueen with a little but of prior damage which seems important because nidoqueen can put in work against you. Other than those small things It looks like a pretty solid Offenseive team.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Surf

252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Surf vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Nidoqueen: 260-307 (78.5 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Fire Fang vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 252-300 (71.3 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Reactions: ehT

Wanka

UUPL Champion
now that I think about it....Entei + Helio sounds rlly fun I might build around them

ehT

is a Contributor Alumnus
I do like the idea of this team as from what im seeing you have a good core of bop mons which hole punch teams and then a reliable sweeper in mence. Hidden power ice on zam seems nice as u can stop mence in its tracks with your sash. A simple change I could suggest is that superpower seems redundant coverage with EQ and u can put in something like fire fang to ruse forry on the switch or heck even facade in the event you get burned. Another simple change u could make is to run surf over grass knot on helio as hyper voice already does a really high amount to swampert and with surf you can ohko nidoqueen with a little but of prior damage which seems important because nidoqueen can put in work against you. Other than those small things It looks like a pretty solid Offenseive team.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Surf

252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Surf vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Nidoqueen: 260-307 (78.5 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Fire Fang vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 252-300 (71.3 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Thanks for the suggestions! n_n

I changed GK to Surf on Lizard, and Superpower is now Facade on Dino. I've found myself wishing Dino could come in without risking a burn a lot of the time, so Facade makes that at least marginally less of a problem.

Also, Head Smash b'donks Forry. Doesn't 2HKO, but it does take serious dommage:

252+ Atk Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Forretress: 160-189 (45.3 - 53.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
Hi! I am new to Showdown, and I would intend on rating your team. Heliolisk has a timid nature, which makes it considerably swifter to outspeed threats in exchange for power. Like in UU, some would say that it is better to have Modest Nature for a Choice Specs Hydreigon if you are planning to run a bulky spread. At a Base 109 Speed, it can still go as fast as a whopping 317 Speed, where as a Modest Special stat would go up to 348. And you should probably consider its Hidden Ability, Solar Power, which can raise its Special stat to devestatingly high levels. A Specs tryout wouldn't be so bad either.

252+ SpA Life Orb Solar Power Heliolisk Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune in Sun: 494-585 (122.2 - 144.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Solar Power Heliolisk Thunderbolt vs. 196 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr in Sun: 650-767 (180.5 - 213%) -- guaranteed OHKO
As seen here, your counters that are bulky waters are essentially dead. Heliolisk has untapped potential. After that, we have your Tyrantrum. As with NU trainers investing Exeggutors in Speed in Chlorophyll, I could see why you would invest your T-rex in Speed. However, Tyrantrum, especially with an Adamant nature, will not outspeed much stuff, and if you want the Physical Fast Sweeper shenanigan, try Life Orb Honchkrow. A beneficial speed stat will only go up to 271. For the sake of longevity, you should try 228 HP 252 Attack 28 Speed Jolly Nature. Tyrantrum at best is decent in Speed, and Lucario will almost definitely outspeed it and OHKO it with Close Combat. Or maybe a +1 Attack from a Bulk Up Machamp Superpower may stop you in your tracks. After that, I understand why you put Salamence in; it has good offensive mixed stats and arguably the best non-uber mixed sweeper. 24 HP isn't enough to make you bulky and only slows you down. Since a mixed sweeper would be vital in this situation, once Alakazam is dead, you must realize that Sally has access to a colorful Special movepool such as Hydro Pump, Flamethrower, Draco Meteor, and the Hidden Powers to increase the morality rate of stallers in your tier like Umbreon, Florges, and others. Try 128 Attack 128 Special 252 Speed Naive Nature for some REAL mayhem.
After that is your Alakazam. It needs the Focus Sash, but one thing that would double your team's survivability rate would be Reflect. Base 45 Defense will leave it crippled when a crumpled piece of paper is thrown at it, but its final wish could be Reflect, which can up your whole team's defense and turn the tables of a game.
252 Atk Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum through Reflect: 151-178 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
Please consider switching Earthquake with Stealth Rock for Gligar. Other than that your team is awesome!

Wanka

UUPL Champion
Hi! I am new to Showdown, and I would intend on rating your team. Heliolisk has a timid nature, which makes it considerably swifter to outspeed threats in exchange for power. Like in UU, some would say that it is better to have Modest Nature for a Choice Specs Hydreigon if you are planning to run a bulky spread. At a Base 109 Speed, it can still go as fast as a whopping 317 Speed, where as a Modest Special stat would go up to 348. And you should probably consider its Hidden Ability, Solar Power, which can raise its Special stat to devestatingly high levels. A Specs tryout wouldn't be so bad either.

252+ SpA Life Orb Solar Power Heliolisk Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune in Sun: 494-585 (122.2 - 144.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Solar Power Heliolisk Thunderbolt vs. 196 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr in Sun: 650-767 (180.5 - 213%) -- guaranteed OHKO
As seen here, your counters that are bulky waters are essentially dead. Heliolisk has untapped potential. After that, we have your Tyrantrum. As with NU trainers investing Exeggutors in Speed in Chlorophyll, I could see why you would invest your T-rex in Speed. However, Tyrantrum, especially with an Adamant nature, will not outspeed much stuff, and if you want the Physical Fast Sweeper shenanigan, try Life Orb Honchkrow. A beneficial speed stat will only go up to 271. For the sake of longevity, you should try 228 HP 252 Attack 28 Speed Jolly Nature. Tyrantrum at best is decent in Speed, and Lucario will almost definitely outspeed it and OHKO it with Close Combat. Or maybe a +1 Attack from a Bulk Up Machamp Superpower may stop you in your tracks. After that, I understand why you put Salamence in; it has good offensive mixed stats and arguably the best non-uber mixed sweeper. 24 HP isn't enough to make you bulky and only slows you down. Since a mixed sweeper would be vital in this situation, once Alakazam is dead, you must realize that Sally has access to a colorful Special movepool such as Hydro Pump, Flamethrower, Draco Meteor, and the Hidden Powers to increase the morality rate of stallers in your tier like Umbreon, Florges, and others. Try 128 Attack 128 Special 252 Speed Naive Nature for some REAL mayhem.
After that is your Alakazam. It needs the Focus Sash, but one thing that would double your team's survivability rate would be Reflect. Base 45 Defense will leave it crippled when a crumpled piece of paper is thrown at it, but its final wish could be Reflect, which can up your whole team's defense and turn the tables of a game.
252 Atk Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum through Reflect: 151-178 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
Please consider switching Earthquake with Stealth Rock for Gligar. Other than that your team is awesome!
Im not sure if you are trolling but nothing made sense in that post

uhh pretty sure none of that rate is even good. learn the meta first.

Wh-Wh-what? What even was that? Was that English?

Is this real life?

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
Ok, to clear matters I wasn't trolling. I was talking about common pokemon in RU, NU, PU, and UU. I don't know why you guy are mocking but cut me some slack.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, to clear matters I wasn't trolling. I was talking about common pokemon in RU, NU, PU, and UU. I don't know why you guy are mocking but cut me some slack.
This is a UU team, so just rate for UU relevant mons, not exeguttor. Also relevance in general is important, such as calc's involving solar power heliolisk, which just isn't relevant as the team doesn't have sun on it in the first place. The suggested sets also don't make sense because things like reflect alakazam and mixmence with 128/128 offenses just aren't good. I wouldnt rate teams until you know enough about the tier to rate.

Half your post wasn't even anything, it was just nonsense. Who the hell would run the coconut tree? No logical person that's who. Not to mention a lot of the post wasn't even rating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)