Diplomacy Again Winter 1914 - Bass (France) wins!

The Russian Fleet left BLA? Oviously Russia is making a gesture of continued peace to Turkey.
Are we looking at a England and Germany vs Russia and France and an Italy vs. France, Tunkey, and Russia?
Depending on Italy, Russia may be about to fall beyond recovery, if England and Germany play well. England, however, appears on the verge of defeat, or at least a fight to the death with France. Why did England remove Fleet London? That left England wide open to an attack. The situation is about to get very interesting.
It seems Bass was dead on about Italy vs France, though. The only question now is what way will the Armies and Fleets jump?

I think Germany will win this. Russia + Turkey will have to support each other to take down Italy, France has nowhere to go except for England which will help him but leave his other supply centers open for the Italian fleets. Finally, England is most likely going to be eliminated soon.

I think Germany will win this. Russia + Turkey will have to support each other to take down Italy, France has nowhere to go except for England which will help him but leave his other supply centers open for the Italian fleets. Finally, England is most likely going to be eliminated soon.
I France takes England over, then Italy and Germany will likely divide the spoils of France and England between them. Russia very likely cannot reclaim Norway this turn, and so Russia is in a very tight spot. I agree that Germany seems quite likely to win. If Italy survives Turkey's inevitable attack, then it might win, or survive. Let's hope no more Austria styles crop up (No offense LonelyNess, but you could have negotiated a bit more. With just two units and one center occupied, I'd still have fought to the end, just to spite my rivals.) Russia only needs to ignore Italy and Turkey for Italy to be defeated. However, if Italy succeeds in the war with France (are we looking at an English-German-Italian alliance?), then Italy may survive even if his home centers are captured. Oh, for want of a time machine to the future and back to find who wins...

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Aura, fuck off.

I did as much negotiating as I could. There's nothing I can do if Italy fails to see the juggernaut when I point it out to him, and if Turkey / Russia team up.

You could have told Germany that he would profit the most by threatening Italy into not attacking. It is reccommended by guides for Germany to do so, because [German success is always most served by Austria's survival]. You could have asked Germany for assistance on Spring 1901. However, if I did not make it clear enough (Oh, wait: I didn't), I only wish you'd fought to the end, hopefully long enough to hold the juggernaught off. I don't blame you for the defeat, I only wish you'd battled to the end to stall the juggernaught as much as possible (not much, alas.). By "Austria styles," I meant "quick, crushing defeat." Maybe in Diplomacy 5, you might have a chance.

Bass said:
It's always interesting to read everyone's analyses. They clearly show each player's agenda.
@ Bass: I'm just commenting from a layman's view.

...And why does "Fat" always show up when someone quotes? I even omitted the ";" and the number after your name...

EDIT: Oh, and
Outlaw said:
I'm America.What is withyou crazy Euros?
lol

Fall 1903

Orders

England: Fleet North Sea -> London (*bounce*)
England: Army Norway SUPPORT German Army Livonia -> St Petersburg
England: Fleet Norwegian Sea SUPPORT Army Norway

France: Army Burgundy -> Marseilles (*bounce*)
France: Fleet English Channel -> London (*bounce*)
France: Army Marseilles -> Piedmont
France: Fleet Mid-Atlantic Ocean -> Spain (south coast)
France: Army Wales -> Liverpool

Germany: Fleet Baltic Sea -> Sweden (*bounce*)
Germany: Fleet Belgium -> North Sea (*bounce*)
Germany: Fleet Denmark SUPPORT Fleet Baltic Sea -> Sweden
Germany: Army Livonia -> St Petersburg
Germany: Army Ruhr -> Belgium (*bounce*)
Germany: Army Silesia -> Munich

Italy: Fleet Gulf of Lyon -> Marseilles (*bounce*)
Italy: Fleet Ionian Sea HOLD (*dislodged*)
Italy: Army Trieste HOLD
Italy: Fleet Tunis SUPPORT Fleet Ionian Sea
Italy: Army Venice SUPPORT Army Trieste
Italy: Army Vienna -> Galicia

Russia: Army Budapest -> Trieste (*bounce*)
Russia: Fleet Finland SUPPORT Fleet Skagerrak -> Sweden
Russia: Army Galicia -> Warsaw
Russia: Army Rumania -> Ukraine
Russia: Fleet Sevastopol HOLD
Russia: Fleet Skagerrak -> Sweden (*bounce*)
Russia: Army St Petersburg -> Livonia (*bounce, destroyed*)
Russia: Army Warsaw -> Moscow

Turkey: Fleet Aegean Sea SUPPORT Fleet Eastern Mediterranean -> Ionian Sea
Turkey: Army Bulgaria HOLD
Turkey: Fleet Eastern Mediterranean -> Ionian Sea
Turkey: Fleet Greece SUPPORT Fleet Eastern Mediterranean -> Ionian Sea
Turkey: Army Serbia -> Trieste (*bounce*)

Result

Retreats

Italy: Fleet Ionian Sea can retreat to Adriatic Sea or Albania or Apulia or Naples or Tyrrhenian Sea

From France: GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

From England: Although it originally refered to England vs Germay in WWII, I think this can be adapted to fit my war with France now.
"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"
-Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill

A doom be on you, France! A doom be on you, Russia. May fortune be on your side, Germany!

England over and out.
*End transmission*

Retreats should be in within 24 hours.

Italy: Fleet Ionian Sea -> Naples

Builds
France: Builds 1 unit
Germany: Builds 1 unit
Russia: Removes 1 unit
Turkey: Builds 1 unit

Supply Centers
England: 3
France: 6
Germany: 7
Italy: 6
Russia: 6
Turkey: 6

From Italy: Mamma-mia! Here we go again.

From England: Soon, France and Russia, you will rue the day you crossed me. I may be defeated, but I will take pleasure in watching my friends destroy you.

FYI, everyone, France is a backstabber. Be leery of all deals France offers.

It is now Winter 1903. Winter 1903 ends in 48 hours.

It seems that all strategy hinges on intent, now. Intent, and position. Who will triumph, however?
If people believe England, then I think France will have a hard time.
Russia is crumbling.
Turkey seems to be ascendant, same as France.
Germany is the ... wildcard? Black Horse power? It all revolves around Germany, France, and Turkey, as well as their alliances.

Winter 1903

Builds

France: BUILD Fleet Brest

Germany: BUILD Army Kiel

Russia: REMOVE Fleet Skagerrak

Turkey: BUILD Army Constantinople

Supply Centers
England: 3
France: 6
Germany: 7
Italy: 6
Russia: 6
Turkey: 6

From France: Not true England, you're just being a sore loser. MY NAME IS ROCKY

From Russia: England: when did I ever double cross you? I am pondering this, but I can't recall!

It is now Spring 1904. Spring 1904 ends in 48 hours.

So, who do we believe? France or England?
EDIT: France puts up a decent claim, but isn't in much of a position to negotiate with anyone.
It seems that Russia is weakening his defenses against England and Germany.

France seems to be prepping for an all-out attack on England. This is getting interesting.

Mekkah, do you mean Bass, Accent, or me?

Also, don't count your chickens before they're hatched, Bass. Anything could happen. I see a few ways, but ... I think I'll let England and Germany figure it out on their own. It'll be good for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)