Diplomacy - The Art of Treachery [GAME OVER]

moot forfeits.

Fall 1907

Austria: Fleet Adriatic Sea -> Ionian Sea
Austria: Army Gascony SUPPORT Army Naples -> Spain
Austria: Army Naples -> Spain via convoy
Austria: Army Piedmont -> Marseilles (*bounce*)
Austria: Army Rome -> Tuscany (*bounce*)
Austria: Army Smyrna HOLD
Austria: Fleet Tunis -> North Africa
Austria: Army Tuscany -> Piedmont (*bounce*)
Austria: Fleet Tyrrhenian Sea CONVOY Army Naples -> Spain
Austria: Army Venice HOLD
Austria: Fleet Western Mediterranean CONVOY Army Naples -> Spain

France: Army Belgium HOLD (*dislodged*)
France: Fleet Brest HOLD
France: Fleet Gulf of Lyon HOLD
France: Fleet Liverpool HOLD
France: Fleet London HOLD
France: Army Marseilles HOLD
France: Army Paris HOLD
France: Army Wales HOLD

Russia: Fleet Ankara HOLD
Russia: Fleet Barents Sea -> Norwegian Sea
Russia: Army Berlin -> Kiel
Russia: Fleet Black Sea HOLD
Russia: Army Bohemia -> Munich
Russia: Army Edinburgh SUPPORT Fleet Norwegian Sea -> Clyde
Russia: Fleet Holland -> Belgium
Russia: Army Kiel -> Holland
Russia: Army Munich -> Burgundy
Russia: Fleet North Sea -> English Channel
Russia: Fleet Norwegian Sea -> Clyde
Russia: Army Ruhr SUPPORT Fleet Holland -> Belgium
Russia: Army Silesia -> Berlin

France: Army Belgium DISBAND

Austria: Builds 1 unit
France: Removes 1 unit
Russia: Builds 3 units

Centers

Austria: 12
France: 6
Russia: 16

Winter 1907 ends in 24 hours.

Game Over!

After 7 years of war and diplomacy, the game is over.

The Victorious
Outlaw - Russia
- Outlaw basically took control of the game from the start, forming an early and permanent alliance with Serenity. He planned out his expansion near to flawlessly, never breaking his alliance with Serenity in any way. He controlled Bass to an extent and eventually 'betrayed' him, and managed to create a betrayal between moot and LonelyNess which resulted in the defeat of LonelyNess. His gameplay was very impressive, as expected from the most experienced player.
Serenity - Austria
- Serenity formed an alliance with Outlaw early on and eventually won together with him. She planned together with Outlaw throughout the game and made many successful endeavors to gain control of a large number of supply centers. The two of them proved to be an unstoppable combination, causing everyone around them to forfeit or become eliminated.

The Defeated
LonelyNess - Germany
- LonelyNess played reasonably well but couldn't form alliances or cause betrayals like Outlaw did. The eventual betrayal by moot caused LonelyNess' downfall as he (probably accurately) saw no way to recover into a powerful position. Predicted the victory of Outlaw but didn't predict that Outlaw and Serenity would win together.
darkie - Italy
- This was darkie's first game and he really didn't know much about how to play. He got a hard position to play in (in my opinion) and didn't really make the best moves. He eventually forfeited when he realised how messed up his position was compared to the attacking Serenity.
Bass - England
- Bass played England and played quite well but never really had many supply centers to control so he basically followed the suggestions of Outlaw who then took advantage of this and betrayed him by taking one of his newly obtained supply centers. This put Bass on the defensive and he soon realised he couldn't do much other than survive for a long time so he decided to forfeit.
billymills - Turkey
- billymills played Turkey and was the only player that was eliminated rather than forfeiting! He was unfortunately ganged up on early on despite pleading with Serenity, which resulted in his eventual demise. billymills deserves credit for surviving so long when he was on the defense so much, he caused much annoyance to Outlaw and Serenity and delayed their eventual victory. He outlasted several other players that were under much less pressure than he was and deserves an honourable mention for this.
moot - France
- moot played France and managed to outlast every other player that didn't win. He eventually found that it was futile to continue playing when he was being attacked on all sides except from behind (although he probably would've been attacked from there soon had the game continued). In the end he just couldn't fight off the 2 v 1 situation and diplomacy couldn't save him. Congratulations on lasting so long during your first game and controlling a significant portion of the supply centers!

Thanks everyone for playing, and congratulations again to Outlaw and Serenity!

Fun game, great hosting Earthworm. I love hosts who update timely, you did so very splendidly. I did get hasty and snap at you once or twice for not updating as people were being lazy but it wasn't your fault. Making the game any easier over people's mistakes wouldn't have been much fun.

I'm looking forward to Outlaw's hosting of this game, I really like diplomacy. I think I played it once long ago, but I completely forgot by now.

Anyway in terms of the actual game..

From the start of the game I was approached by Outlaw to be each others main source for support, which was great since Austria and Russia are pretty close to each other and it would help to eliminate Turkey (billy) and Germany (ln). After making various agreements with each other, I decided to ally myself with billy and darkie temporarily. Once Outlaw attacked billy, the pact between myself and billy was ended as Outlaw was the stronger power. Russia could go elsewhere but Turkey's only place to go was Austria and I couldn't let that happen. LN made it easy on me by agreeing not to attack me, I made sure he believed that I wasn't allied with Outlaw and eventually we made him go for moot.

Blahblahblah, that was basically early game and why Austria wasn't bombarded by five countries surrounding it. I had doubts about Outlaw betraying me but when I approached him asking him when he was planning on betraying me, and he replied with 'never', I knew he could be trusted.

Great hosting Earthworm. Hope to see you play in the next game.

Heh, i got crushed.

Also, serenity, you did not ally with me at all. The turn I asked you not to attack me, YOU ATTACKED ME.

Good game Outlaw and serenity regardless. I'm gonna crush you all next.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Outlaw, I told him that we needed a third fleet in the north, and that his Burgandy Army was taking up worthless space. With no way for him to complete the task of making a northern fleet (Bre was preoccupied and he would have had to have some way of taking a supply center that turn), I asked him for one of his supply centers, and he obliged. I also had planned on winning with moot if given the chance, I really meant it when I said we could make a formidable aliance. But I can only assume Outlaw showed moot the log of him asking me to somehow get Bel from moot so that we could "keep moot down" and that's what caused moot to backstab me. Oh well, live and learn.

@Outlaw, I told him that we needed a third fleet in the north, and that his Burgandy Army was taking up worthless space. With no way for him to complete the task of making a northern fleet (Bre was preoccupied and he would have had to have some way of taking a supply center that turn), I asked him for one of his supply centers, and he obliged. I also had planned on winning with moot if given the chance, I really meant it when I said we could make a formidable aliance.
I didn't actually think he would agree to it so that I would be justified in my stabbing of you. Oh well just made me choose Plan B. Brilliant plan though, shame we didn't get to see it executed as it could have led to a 2v2 brawl.

But I can only assume Outlaw showed moot the log of him asking me to somehow get Bel from moot so that we could "keep moot down" and that's what caused moot to backstab me. Oh well, live and learn.
Tee hee Dx

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
In truth, I signed up for this game because one of my real life friends said "Diplomacy is like Risk but without luck". I was curious, so I decided to take a stab at it. However, the rules seemed quite intimidating to me as a novice, so from the very beginning, I was very easily used as a pawn by Outlaw. I eventually got the game mechanics down, but unfortunately by then it was too late as Outlaw had already succeeded in using me to breach Germany's defense.

Still, I look forward to playing this again, now that I actually know what I am doing!

How depressing. For the last few weeks, I was able to wake up and just go online to see updated Diplomacy but now it ended ): and OG is in ALABAMA so it won't be that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)