Disconnecting in Global Link matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the purpose of a 28-page thread for whining over a perfectly normal occurence?....
We here at Smogon don't consider d/cing a normal occurence. We consider it unsportsman-like conduct.

....Why don't you stop for a second and think about the person who is actually disconnecting? Do you really think they're happy to do it? I think they're the ones who are more butthurt for losing.
They feel good about their W/L records when thet brag to their friends azbout "how good" their rating is...But they can't have that when they lose.

HELP!!
I can't see my name on the autumn friendly rankings!!!

Maybe it's due to D/Cs on me? :(
According to the list I'm somewhere near #90 though...

This thread needs to die

@joel.

Of course, now you are assuming that people do certain things, based soley on whether or not they turn off their DS upon losing a match. In addition, this whole thread is nothing but a giant pile of nerd rage, and people should really get over it. nothing is going to change so play or do not, and stop complaining.
Perhaps they DC because they worked hard to breed their pokemon, rather than creating them with pokesav, or RNG, and can recognize that the person they are playing against did.
Seriously, how 28 pages of whining is allowed in a "Competitive" site without getting locked is beyond me.
personally, I just lost intrest in the thing altogether, even with the low amount of DC's I faced.

^I use Pokemon all bred with hard work and not RNG'ed or hacked and I get very PISSED off when someone rage quits on it. And frankly, I don't see why a person should not be angry when he doesn't get the victory he/she deserves, just because his opponent is a bad loser.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
k before this turns into a argument
1.rnging is not cheating. People actually take time out there lives to do this just like breeding.
2.So someone d/c. As I said win and stop whining. If your unperfect mons beat rng mons good for you. People will d/c with or w/o rng'd mons. I know this because at one point I couldn't rng, and ppl d/c. Who gives a damn
3.Joel does #2. He wins, and that gives him the right to rant.(he uses a boss jigglypuff so be afraid)
4.This IS A d/c thread so OBVIOUSLY people are gonna write about WELL the many d/c's they have gotten
5. There is no #5. I just want it to make this post look neat.

Well, I would call RNG-ing "cheating" as it uses an external device to calculate things that you as a player (and a human) would never be able to do.

As someone who breeds and trains Pokémon; encountering a shiny, perfect, right Hidden Power Latios is annoying. I breed to a standard that doesn't make too much of a difference in general, but legends that in game you can only (legitimately) save, catch and reset until you get a good one - does take the biscuit.

But still, people do disconnect either way.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Well, I would call RNG-ing "cheating" as it uses an external device to calculate things that you as a player (and a human) would never be able to do.
This is like saying using a caculator to figure out science equations, and stupid crap like the diameter of a circle is "cheating".

Before this goes off-topic, while I was at my friends house, and I was prepping him, he had a match on free gbu. The person d/c'd as soon as rotom use t-wave on kingdra. It was funny and sad at the same time. Thats like getting your trickroomer ko'd before trickroom is up, and just quitting without even trying haha.

Meh, I don't mind RNGing. I personally don't do it, but I think if you have the patience and technical knowhow for it you deserve your perfect IVs!

I would laugh at the above anecdote if if didn't make me cry first. I've seen it too, ugh.

I hadn't played since the d/c marathon, so I picked my DS to play some Free Doubles :)

5 d/cors in a row. Wi-Fi randoms are sooo hilarious :)

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been getting d/c'd on way more in free mode now than rating, kinda weird since free doesn't count for anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)