Disconnecting in Global Link matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a noob, I don't EVEN have a rating in singles, I don't know what I am doing, I'm just flinging around a Garchomp and a Gengar. They don't deserve their rating.

All trainers starts with a neutral rating of 1500, just like TCG.

All trainers starts with a neutral rating of 1500, just like TCG.

If you actually begin a battle, yes. But I think it doesn't count you as having a 1500 rating if you haven't battled yet. So if you wanted to get close to the highest "overall ranking," you would just have to battle once in each battle format (singles, doubles, etc.) and then do really well in just one format. Of course, a lot of people will be trying to do well in all five.

If you actually begin a battle, yes. But I think it doesn't count you as having a 1500 rating if you haven't battled yet. So if you wanted to get close to the highest "overall ranking," you would just have to battle once in each battle format (singles, doubles, etc.) and then do really well in just one format. Of course, a lot of people will be trying to do well in all five.
You must battle at least 10 full battles (no D/Cs) for it to count on the GBU.

Just emailed them. I'm so tired of rage quitters. It's really ruining the online for me, especially when 4 out of 5 battles ends in the opponent quitting right before I pick up the win. Angry face >=(

Wow, bunch of whiners. I know for a fact half the people here grossly exaggerated the DC rate. maybe 1/3 of people D/C if they lose. That's at max. Most people just take the loss. Honestly, if your good enough, what does it matter if someone DC's? Everyone is getting DC'd so it's not like anyone is getting more BS'd.

I'll be honest. Eff getting 3 para's in a row and having a nice crit be the cherry on top. Why would I let someone have a win with that BS?

Wow, bunch of whiners. I know for a fact half the people here grossly exaggerated the DC rate. maybe 1/3 of people D/C if they lose. That's at max. Most people just take the loss. Honestly, if your good enough, what does it matter if someone DC's? Everyone is getting DC'd so it's not like anyone is getting more BS'd.

I'll be honest. Eff getting 3 para's in a row and having a nice crit be the cherry on top. Why would I let someone have a win with that BS?
I assume you're a veteran D/C'er?

Also, I would have about 45-50 more wins if people hadn't D/C'ed. I'm trying to get the most wins (out of everyone with an English-game) possible, so those 50 extra wins would put me close to 3 stars (I'm at 129 wins at the moment)

/lol hypocrite

Anyways, I agree with Virizion, and I think you're taking this far too seriously. 1/3 of a D/C rate is about right, yet still way too high. I don't want to have to worry about 1 in every 3 matches ending in a D/C.

And I really don't care for D/Cs, as long as it's not RIGHT at the end of a battle.

I've played my fair share of it. Hypocrite I am lol. Nah, I know what your saying. If no one ever DC'd better. Like right now, I just got DC'd. Granted, it's what I get for using speed boost blaziken ^.^ the rage was on with politoad and kingdra/ludi too lol. I don't expect people to stay in on that. If they do then hey, cool.

people do DC's at the end because they hope for crits and that BS.

Reddogs, my issue isn't that "everyone is getting is DC'd", it's that the entire point of the online mode is undermined by the simple act of shutting off one's DS. You go online and be rage quit against four times in a row (and no, I'm not "grossly exaggerating") and tell me you aren't somewhat irked.

I have no idea. I know the only reason I quit is because I got more hax than I was willing to accept. Most I have ever been DC'd in a row was 3 times. Those were at the end of the battle. I've had like 12 in a row at the start, that's annoying as it takes forever to find a match.

Lately, Japanese players seem to be D/C'ing more than (or at least "as much as") American/etc. players, like when I fought someone named Shadow (50 wins, best American player I've seen so far to be honest) using a Minimize Clefable, they got off a Minimize then I KO'd it and I was almost certain they'd D/C then, but they stayed and actually let me get the win. However, the last 3-4 Japanese players I fought (other than one using an Eeveelution team, which is how I got another loss) all D/C'ed. :L

For me Jap players are the more honorable players. Like one just forfeited instead of rage quiting. I respect that

There are "punishments" for D/Cing and it's simply not being able to find a battle. If a good amount of disconnections occur I'm not able to find a battle and I have to get off wi-fi and then get back on, even if it's not my fault.

has anyone had that?

Or better, like in Megaman Star Force, if you repeatedly DC they will take away your battle cards, initially just warnings but then... yeah. Take away their precious Arceus and all that xD
Nitpicking, but them losing their Arceus wouldn't matter since you cannot use Arceus in Random Matchup anyway.

I ran into this a few times. Granted my record's only 11-8 (one of my losses came in an epic fashion involving a Zebstrika, Me First, and Outrage... let your minds wander), but yeah. I've seen a few who DC right before their last poke faints, or near the start of the match. Also, I"ve had a couple people actually forfeit when they thought they had no shot of coming back, so that's cool too.

I'm still trying to get used to the 3 on 3 thing. :/ I have good synergy with my 6 vs 6 team, but since they felt the need to remove the 'auto to 100' or 'cap at 50' with 6 on 6 matches.. I've had to readjust.

Also, how do you earn stars and all that? I guess based on the percentile you are in? or just amount of wins? and how do you see someone's exact record? I always see their rating and nothing more. D:

I remember someone D/Cing in a double battle because I had Shell Smash Crustle and a Sigilyph who copied the boost using Psych Up.

Obviously, quitting in such a way is an act of cowardice that should be resolved.

Btw is this just in free battles or ranked? I played only 3 ranked battles so far and won them all, no dc's. With free battles so far around 50% dc's (i guess they hate hippodon :(

So it is possible to d/c in ranked battles aswell?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl does that. If a person quits during a random match their character is instantly taken control of a CPU. You can barely even tell the person left until the match ends and its revealed that they left.

I'd imagine it'd be even easier to implement in a turn-based game.
In Brawl, the person who id taken control of a CPU has a gray shield

I can deal with a DC,but i hate when its a close match or a comeback,then the other person DC's.It just ruins the entire battle.I had about 7 or so DCs last night,what a mandibuzz-kill.

There are "punishments" for D/Cing and it's simply not being able to find a battle. If a good amount of disconnections occur I'm not able to find a battle and I have to get off wi-fi and then get back on, even if it's not my fault.

has anyone had that?

I'm having the same issue.

This is one of the reasons I play free, people disconnect less there (at least the japanese).

you'd think that would risk damage to your game just shutting it off while still connected, I wouldn't risk it tho only ever did the 1 battle cause was just figuring out how the wifi works, my fist time using it ^^;; so clueless on many things heh heh ^^;;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)