DISCUSSION: Tournament Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
meddle said:
if you are banning stat increases and substitute you might as well ban baton pass (though I guess it has uses for switching)
You can still Baton Pass berry stat boosts, Agility Acid Armor Vaporeon and Mean Look Umbreon. It still has its uses...

WaterBomb said:
Sorry for the double post, but I'm going to now post my "finalized" list of rules for the tournament. I'd like everyone to look them over. Unless there is a very blatant discrepancy (emphasis on the blatant) that will greatly affect the tournament, don't make any more suggestions. Just tell me if it looks good enough to run the tourney or not :).

HERE'S THE LIST OF RULES FOR THE TOURNAMENT:

Sleep Clause
No Evasion
No Ubers or Wobbuffet
No OHKOs

The following MOVES are banned:

Earthquake
Return/Frustration
Double-Edge
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Dragon Dance
Calm Mind
Curse
Bulk Up
Swords Dance
Toxic
Heal Bell/Aromatherapy* - I'm trying to decide between this one and the one below it.
Softboiled/Milk Drink*
Explosion
Perish Song
Focus Punch
Substitute
Leech Seed
Belly Drum
Cosmic Power
Rock Slide
Hidden Power
Flail/Reversal
Wish
Protect/Detect

The following ITEMS are banned:

Leftovers
Bolded are things I disagree with since no standard really uses them.

Also I still perfer the only level up moves thing.

Don't ban hidden power if your banning moves like Thunderbolt and Ice Beam because then all dragons would own

Oh, and btw Wobboffett and Wynauts are ubers

No seriously..those things that are bolded that aren't normally used would other wise be over powered and overwhored which defeats the purpose of having to find new and different sets to be used. I mean seriously, if basically every special move is banned, how are you going tot ake down a Bellyzard? With no strong attacks, wanna take a try at random perish gars? And Wish would only make Blissey even more powerful since there won't be many strong attacks to stop it.

will-o-wisp?!?!?!?! ;_; i built my team the other day with 4 willowisper knowing i could have abused it =[

(what's the point of banning heal bell if toxic/thunder wave/willowisp is banned? p.s. ban hypnosis!)

Actually, T-Wave isnt banned. And is species clause in effect?
Edit:Without leftovers, T-Tar would be rather broken. Maybe ban him?

Pax Deorum said:
Just remove all moves that ca support stalling to make it a bit more offensive along with removing the most powerful moves abused by things like Mence.
I have a good record against everybody, and 90% of my battles are done in 20 moves or less. Some people still are offensive.

perhaps tyranitar should be banned, simply because sand stream would completely destroy regular teams since leftovers is banned.

perhaps tyranitar should be banned, simply because sand stream would completely destroy regular teams since leftovers is banned.
And leave no counters for sunny day/ rain dance teams?

Seriously, without tyranitar to remove the sunny day for eggy, i think eggy would sweep the whole team. Just sunny day, solar beam, solar bear, psychic, repeat.

@ the communist plant

Wish would be a champion since there are no other recover moves other then rest/ morning sun and gang.

Perish trappers would own too, without good moves to bring them down in time.

Flail/reversal are quite common with heracross.

What about a bellyzard or bellylax? belly drumming lax using body slam and chesto rest would totally destroy this tourney. Same goes for a bellyzard.

Cosmic power, when used with stall teams, especially without the common moves, would be an unkillable. Taunt/ingrain/mean look are still there to deal with roarers and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)