XY OU Display my Wit Here in this Title

SO VERY WITTY

Hullo people of Smogon :D. I basically created this team on a whim, and would like to get some advice on it. I really have nothing to say at all.... so yeaaaah... onto the team I guess xD.

Pair of Scizors (Scizor) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Bug Bite
- Defog

With Charizard on my team, and all the switching that this team does, I needed a nice Defogger. I chose Scizor because of its ability to chase out the Lati@s and being able to Knock Off the items of switch-ins, and a reliable switch-in to grass moves. Bullet Punch for revenge killing stuff (but everyone knows that), Knock Off for knocking off, Bug Bite for a nice STAB move, and Defog is Defog. Nothing much to say, even though I'm considering U-Turn over Bug Bite.

Jackie (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz/Earthquake

Basic Bulky Roost set. Bulk over speed and Attack so Charizard has more longevity and chances to set up with Dragon Dance. Roost for recovery to keep Charizard fresh after being hit while setting up, and of course, Flare Blitz and Dragon Claw for STAB. Earthquake is slashed with Flare Blitz in order to take care of Heatran. Charizard is another 'mon I don't have much to say about. Everyone know what it does.

Isn't M-Luvdisc (Alomomola) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Oh my goodness, Alomomola is amazing. Alomomola passes humongous Wishes to everyone on my team, mainly Azumarill, Shaymin, and Scizor. It's also my main check to Mega Pinsir, Talonflame, Scizor, non-Belly Drum Azumarill, Excadrill, and Garchomp. It threatens almost everyone on the list with Scald and can Toxic stall Talonflame with Wish+Protect. Alo's huge physical bulk has definitely won me so many matches. It stays healthy throughout the game thanks to Regenerator and it annoys the heck out of people. Alo will very rarely get 2HKO'd by neutral or even super-effective physical hits.

Also:
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 244-288 (45.6 - 53.9%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 237-280 (44.3 - 52.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 223-264 (41.7 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Zero (Azumarill) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Play Rough

Assault Vest is to live Charizard Y's Solar Beam and Manectric's Thunderbolt, while also letting Azu tank Greninja's Hydropump a little easier. Azumarill's my main counter to M-CharX, Greninja, Keldeo, and Dragonite and also does its job of scaring out many things. Aqua Jet for revenge killing weakened sweepers, and Waterfall and Play Rough for obligatory STAB. Superpower is the only way for me to take out stuff like Snorlax (and of course Bisharp) and dents Ferrothorn on the switch-in. Azu also lures in all the Ferrothorns, Scizors, and Skarmorys for Gothitelle to trap and dispose of.

Pastries (Gothitelle) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Gothitelle handles the common switch-ins to Scizor, Azumaril, and Shaymin by trapping and disposing of them in two turns tops. Psyshock to handle Chansey if Eviolite is Knocked Off'd or Tricked away and also to hit Tentacruel way harder while still OHKO'ing Venusaur with a little prior damage. Hidden Power Fire to roast Scizor and Ferro, Thunderbolt to get rid of Skarmory easily, and Trick to screw up stuff like the aforementioned Chansey, Azumarill, and walls in general.

Flower Power (Shaymin) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I wanted a bulky fastish Grass Type with nice coverage and a powerful STAB. How many of those are around? I settled with Shaymin and then slapped a Scarf onto it... I will never look back. Scarf Shaymin revenge kills faster stuff like Greninja, Mega Manectric, +1 Bulky CharX (with prior damage), Garchomp, Houndoom, etc, etc. Scarf Shaymin definitely can take a hit and also has the surprise factor, which is critical in him revenge killing stuff. Seed Flare is Shaymin's spam button, Earth Power to take down stuff like M-Manectric (who destroys my team otherwise), Air Slash for Bug-Type switch-ins like Heracross, and HP Ice for things like Dragonite and Gliscor.

SO yeah. There's my team. Criticism is much appreciated n_n

Threatlist:
(prior to my Charizard's Mega-Evo) It's usually handled by Shaymin though.
Screws my team over in general.
Is taken care of by Shaymin or Scizor most of the time (sometimes Azu), but it's just a general pain.

Last edited:
Hey, nice team! Here are my suggestions:

Your AV Azu's EVs should be 240 HP/252 Atk/16 SpD. This gives Azumarill more bulk overall and allows Azu to take minimum damage from entry hazards and weather.

Next, Bug Bite on Scizor may be an amazing technician boosted STAB move but it provides very little coverage as BP and Knock Off cover most of the mons that can be hit by Bug Bite super-effectively. Hence, I suggest Roost over either Knock Off or Bug Bite as they both have similar coverage and can scare out the Lati twins. Roost improves Scizor's longevity and allows it to come in and take out a T-tar or Lati threatening Zard X late game. This is down to personal preference in the end.

Hope it helps!
-PK

Yo solarhatespies nice team.
I agree with PK about the change of either bug bite or knock off to roost. This helps u live longer and dole out more hits. I prefer a more attacking set on char-x so I would suggest change the EV spread to 252 Atk, 252 Spe and 4 Def. I would recommend flare blitz over eq or you can remove roost and run both eq and flare blitz. As for your threats eq char-x can take care of manectric, scizors BP can 2HKO Gengar and in return gengar can't do much to it. Thundurus can easily removed but char-x with dragon claw.

Glhf playing :D

Hey, nice team! Here are my suggestions:

Your AV Azu's EVs should be 240 HP/252 Atk/16 SpD. This gives Azumarill more bulk overall and allows Azu to take minimum damage from entry hazards and weather.

Next, Bug Bite on Scizor may be an amazing technician boosted STAB move but it provides very little coverage as BP and Knock Off cover most of the mons that can be hit by Bug Bite super-effectively. Hence, I suggest Roost over either Knock Off or Bug Bite as they both have similar coverage and can scare out the Lati twins. Roost improves Scizor's longevity and allows it to come in and take out a T-tar or Lati threatening Zard X late game. This is down to personal preference in the end.

Hope it helps!
-PK
I will definitely change up Azu's EVs.

And yeah, I've noticed that I don't really use Bug Bite much, so I'll put Roost over Bug Bite and test it out. Thanks :D

Yo solarhatespies nice team.
I agree with PK about the change of either bug bite or knock off to roost. This helps u live longer and dole out more hits. I prefer a more attacking set on char-x so I would suggest change the EV spread to 252 Atk, 252 Spe and 4 Def. I would recommend flare blitz over eq or you can remove roost and run both eq and flare blitz. As for your threats eq char-x can take care of manectric, scizors BP can 2HKO Gengar and in return gengar can't do much to it. Thundurus can easily removed but char-x with dragon claw.

Glhf playing :D
I've tried an attacking CharX set, it's pretty mediocre. I mean, this team relies on Charizard so much to switch in on electrics, and if I drop the HP or Roost, Charizard doesn't do it's job very effectively... :/

And nice point on Gengar I guess :o still risking the HP Fire, but thatnks for pointing that out. n_n

I will definitely change up Azu's EVs.

And yeah, I've noticed that I don't really use Bug Bite much, so I'll put Roost over Bug Bite and test it out. Thanks :D

I've tried an attacking CharX set, it's pretty mediocre. I mean, this team relies on Charizard so much to switch in on electrics, and if I drop the HP or Roost, Charizard doesn't do it's job very effectively... :/

And nice point on Gengar I guess :o still risking the HP Fire, but thatnks for pointing that out. n_n

The standard set for gengar isn't hp fire so you are safe switching in scizor. Ohk since char-x is generally used as a sweeper I suggested that ev spread and still ill suggest that you max out attack EVs on char-x even if it's meant to take a hit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)