Ditto

Yeah Enlong someone else said exactly that already .__.

I agree that like any other scarfer, Ditto presents opponents with an opportunity to set-up. But with just one Scarf Ditto, you basically have most of the set-up sweepers checked. I mean Jirachi has issues with AgiliGross and Scizor can't handle DD Kingdra etc etc but Ditto is extremely versatile and thus extremely valuable because it can handle all of them all by itself. Besides that, if you let your opponent get 5 DDs with Ononokuso and your Ditto comes in it's going to be quite funny turning the tables around. Yeah that's an exaggerated account and not a viable strategy given priority users and weather but I'm just highlighting the fact that it can sweep on its own since it doesn't just gain Spe boosts but any relevant Atk and SpA boosts as well which definitely makes it harder for opponents to set-up against it or anything. Not to mention why set-up when there's a Ditto waiting to kill you x_x
But lets be honest how would you actually get to +5? Unless you did it on purpose so ur Ditto actually COULD get the boost.But thats just Eviiill...

I love unique Pokemon like Ditto, so I jump at the chance to use this new Eccentric Ditto myself! :heart:

If a Trace Pokemon copied this ability, what would happen? Nothing?
I think the only chanceof this occuring is if a Pokemon with TrACE and Eccentric Ditto switch in at the same time. Either Ditto would transform first, get Trace and nothing would happen or the Trace user would copy Eccentric, turn into Ditto and then your Ditto would transform...

Hopefully Eccentric works before Trace. The Trace user would Struggle first.

No good opponent would actually take the bait.
Yes but it dsnt necessarily HAVE to be +5 or something...I mean even a +2 could end up causing you to loose...I mean your essentially playing a loosing game aginst Ditto and just giving all your boosts so even setting up is dangerous for youself.Wow if you think of it like that Ditto might actually become an uber.

Ditto as an uber.Heh.

I think the only chanceof this occuring is if a Pokemon with TrACE and Eccentric Ditto switch in at the same time. Either Ditto would transform first, get Trace and nothing would happen or the Trace user would copy Eccentric, turn into Ditto and then your Ditto would transform...

Hopefully Eccentric works before Trace. The Trace user would Struggle first.
it will most probably go by speed
if ditto is faster eccentric goes first
if trace pokemon is faster then trace pokemon goes first

Yes but it dsnt necessarily HAVE to be +5 or something...I mean even a +2 could end up causing you to loose...I mean your essentially playing a loosing game aginst Ditto and just giving all your boosts so even setting up is dangerous for youself.Wow if you think of it like that Ditto might actually become an uber.

Ditto as an uber.Heh.
Even +1 could be enough. Games can be decided by a single Dragon Dance, and Ditto can steal that and combine it with a Choice Scarf.

But there's really no chance of it becoming an uber. Its abilities are determined by your opponent's team, so it can be worked around. That, and it's fairly specialized.

Your opponent wouldn't be foolhardy enough to let Ditto get away with copying multiple boosts, obviously. But you can't deny that Ditto copying Atk or SpA boosts will make it harder for your opponent to beat after it gets a revenge kill.

I mean consider something like a ScarfTran revenging a Lucario.. its Fire Blast is weak enough for many Pokemon to set-up on. But if you consider the same situation with a ScarfDitto on your side of the field. I believe your Scarf +2 Close Combat is going to be much harder to absorb after you KO Lucario. This makes Ditto more threatening beyond its revenge killing role because your opponent can't just take advantage of it to set-up - since you're hitting off boosted Atk and/or SpA as well.

it will most probably go by speed
if ditto is faster eccentric goes first
if trace pokemon is faster then trace pokemon goes first
This makes sense. I remember seeing similar things happening with Groudon and Kyogre's abilities in a tournament I went to a while ago. Whoever was slower (assuming there was no speed tie) would get to keep their weather condition up.

hmm nice question
i will make a guess
ditto will transform to Zoroark (therefore getting Illusion as its ability) and then it will use illusion to transform to some other pokemon
anyone have tried that?

Hey I think its possible to stop Ditto from transforming

By setting up spikes at the start

why? well I'm not sure seems to be the only explanation as to why my ditto didn't transform in a wifi match.

transformed before but I withdrew him few turns later they used spikes sent ditto out he stayed as his normal self.

why? well I'm not sure seems to be the only explanation as to why my ditto didn't transform in a wifi match.

transformed before but I withdrew him few turns later they used spikes sent ditto out he stayed as his normal self.
That wouldn't make any sense unless your ditto got killed by spikes which in theory impossible. Why would it screw up transform?

Couldn't a Pokemon with Unaware like say Quagsire stop Ditto? Once it comes in and transforms just switch to your Quag to lighten the blow?

Couldn't a Pokemon with Unaware like say Quagsire stop Ditto? Once it comes in and transforms just switch to your Quag to lighten the blow?
Well, yes you'd be able to stop the stat boosts but you'd also need to be able to survive whatever ditto throws at you even without the boosts (which is probably going to be the strongest move your sweeper has available)

Was your opponent Pokemon a Mold Breaker Pokemon? That'd be the only thing that'd make sense to stop Ditto's Eccentric to me.

Oh crap. Mold Breaker Ononowhatever would be a pretty powerful counter to the Ditto strategy, if he's the team's designated Dragon Dancer.

Mold Breaker only stops abilities when they stop your moves from working. It should have no relevance on Eccentric.

So...

Couldn't Ditto be an effective lead? With a Scarf, it has whatever options their lead has plus a speed advantage. So, it will ALWAYS have a faster SR than their lead.

Of course, non-entry-hazard leads would pose a problem if you relied on Ditto to get SR/Spikes/whatever up...

With Eccentric Ditto being the way everyone says he is, could we also see Imprison becoming a standard move to counter it?
Well in cases where ditto is sent out on the beginning of the turn...
*ditto auto transforms*
*ditto notices imprison on moveset*
*ditto uses imprison*

gj countering yourself lol

This thing works.

TTar with +4 up? No prob. Just send out your freaking Ditto to EQ it back for the KO -_-

A problem I am seeing now is since the opponent can see your team before you face them they'd have to be an idiot or totally forgotten ditto to have set up to the higher levels. It's still useable though and definitly enough to scare baton pass teams imo

Edit: 400th post about ditto woo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)