Do we need a new tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be new to the forums, but I've been around in the meta-game for a while. I started wifi-battling around the end of Gen 4, and was most active on both pokemon showdown and pokemon online during gen 5. This may seem like a strange question from somebody who hasn't been active in the community (forums), and has just now created a forum account, but I think it needs to be addressed.

Neverused has always been the tier of the well, "never used". It has allowed pokemon to shine, that otherwise would sink to the bottom, and never see the light of day. This does not in anyway describe the current tier today. There are pokemon that are NEVER-USED in the current meta-game. Ever. Now, this has always been a problem. There have been pokemon like Delcatty that should never be used, but now there are enough of them to create a whole other tier below nu. Pokemon like Delcatty, Plusle, Spinda, Luvdisc, Phione, Unown, etc. have no rregular usage in Nu. (I've never seen a delcatty, Unown, or Luvdisc). These types of pokemon get outclassed by the likes of Archeops or Feraligator.

There is actually room for a new tier below Nu. It would not impact the current Nu metagame, you still could use pokemon in this new tier in Nu, much like how you can use Nu pokemon in any tier. Actually, nobody would use these pokemon, because they are never-used now. There are also enough pokemon to make up this new tier. Nu is the largest of all tiers, being almost twice the size of OU. (Approximately) This means there would be a sizable pool of pokemon, enough to make a new tier.

I would just like to hear the community's opinions on this possible issue.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)