Lifestyle physical health/fitness thread

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
personally...still on the road to recovery after a 4 year injury layoff. as it stands, my 5k PB is still 15.51 from back in 2009.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...s-2009-Jun-Sen.xlsx+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

progress has been slow...a series of niggles and aches everywhere from my ankle to my lumbar have halted my training and now I am being SERIOUSLY hindered by the air pollution levels here in China. I can barely breathe after even a steady kilometre and I'm coughing, spluttering, full of phlegm and experiencing stabbing lung pains. honestly folks, stay the hell away from china, it borders on the dystopic.

Ran a steady 5km last night, was just shooting for 3.50 per kilometre but got a little excited on the first and last km:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/403319970

rocked up with 18.41, felt good sans the air quality, there's something invigorating about hurtling through a bustling suburbia, dodging rickshaws as you go. Reckon I'm capable of a sub-17 if I go all-out; will give it a bash when I shake off this respiratory pain...*mumbles about China*

Last edited:
started going to the gym 2 months ago, im skinny 70kg 5'11 and just started taking protein shake 2:1 ratio carbs to protein. mainly doing upper body with arms and chest, but done a few legs. so far i have gone from 30kg bench press to 50kg and almost moving from 10kg to 12.5kg dumbbells. when i do incline i feel like im going to die so i can only press 37kg on that. however, i have gained a grand total of... 1 kilo!!!! :(. anyone have any tips to put on weight? the protein shake im take i have 2 scoops (idk if there is actual measurement) but my friends do 3-5, i hate it.

started going to the gym 2 months ago, im skinny 70kg 5'11 and just started taking protein shake 2:1 ratio carbs to protein. mainly doing upper body with arms and chest, but done a few legs. so far i have gone from 30kg bench press to 50kg and almost moving from 10kg to 12.5kg dumbbells. when i do incline i feel like im going to die so i can only press 37kg on that. however, i have gained a grand total of... 1 kilo!!!! :(. anyone have any tips to put on weight? the protein shake im take i have 2 scoops (idk if there is actual measurement) but my friends do 3-5, i hate it.
Thanks great dude, congrats. If I may make one suggestion with your workout, go hard on leg as hard as you go on upper body. I usually do Biceps / Back / Calves in one day, Chest / Triceps / Abs in another, and then Shoulders / Traps / Lats / Calves, but I alway commit one full day to just legs. Your largest arteries and veins for blood flow are in your legs (excluding your AA and IVC of course), so having stronger and more built leg muscles will allow blood flow to be achieved at a quicker rate. This will help with a higher transportation rate of oxygen within the blood to the muscles throughout the body to allow for quicker recovery times and less fatigue. I've noticed that I've gotten a lot stronger after plateau'ing on the bench and curl wrack a few years back because I wasn't working my legs out as much (maybe once a month).

Onto your other question. If you want to gain lean mass, which is essentially the type of mass without the "fat" mass gain, you need to eat. This is lean muscle that takes a little longer to gain than "fat" mass. Like I said, he best way to do this is to eat. Yes, eat... a lot. Eating over your daily maintenance in calories is what you need to do in order to gain lean muscle mass. 20 calories per lb body weight is sufficient enough to allow you to gain mass without gaining fat. At least 15% of your diet will be fat, 35% protein, and 50% carbs. Protein is a great thing, but without a load of carbs, some protein are essentially useless because think of it this way... carbs repair your muscles, and protein builds them. You can't build a house with broken wood. Clean complex carbs :)! Carbs also are the macronutrients that keep your Leptin levels in your blood normal which controls hunger levels and metabolic rate. Fat is also essential because good unsaturated fats allow for a higher natural testosterone level within your blood.

If you have anymore questions, please ask... I also have a nutritional plan on the previous page with all the healthy foods to eat, and what not to eat while trying to gain lean mass.

EDIT:
Eat a meal every 2-3 hours, don't skip. I'll give you a quick example, if you are 150 lbs (~68 Kg) you need to eat roughly 3000 calories in a day (150 lbs x 20 calories = 3000 cals). 3000 cals x .15 = 450 cals in Fat, 3000 cals x .35 = 1050 in Protein, and 3000 cals x .50 = 1500 cals in Carbs.

Last edited:
the protein shake im take i have 2 scoops (idk if there is actual measurement) but my friends do 3-5, i hate it.
It is the taste, or just the amount? If you don't like the taste, you can always add stuff to it like peanut butter or Greek yogurt to make it better, which will also add those calories you're looking for.

Thanks great dude, congrats. If I may make one suggestion with your workout, go hard on leg as hard as you go on upper body. I usually do Biceps / Back / Calves in one day, Chest / Triceps / Abs in another, and then Shoulders / Traps / Lats / Calves, but I alway commit one full day to just legs. Your largest arteries and veins for blood flow are in your legs (excluding your AA and IVC of course), so having stronger and more built leg muscles will allow blood flow to be achieved at a quicker rate. This will help with a higher transportation rate of oxygen within the blood to the muscles throughout the body to allow for quicker recovery times and less fatigue. I've noticed that I've gotten a lot stronger after plateau'ing on the bench and curl wrack a few years back because I wasn't working my legs out as much (maybe once a month).

Onto your other question. If you want to gain lean mass, which is essentially the type of mass without the "fat" mass gain, you need to eat. This is lean muscle that takes a little longer to gain than "fat" mass. Like I said, he best way to do this is to eat. Yes, eat... a lot. Eating over your daily maintenance in calories is what you need to do in order to gain lean muscle mass. 20 calories per lb body weight is sufficient enough to allow you to gain mass without gaining fat. At least 15% of your diet will be fat, 35% protein, and 50% carbs. Protein is a great thing, but without a load of carbs, some protein are essentially useless because think of it this way... carbs repair your muscles, and protein builds them. You can't build a house with broken wood. Clean complex carbs :)! Carbs also are the macronutrients that keep your Leptin levels in your blood normal which controls hunger levels and metabolic rate. Fat is also essential because good unsaturated fats allow for a higher natural testosterone level within your blood.

If you have anymore questions, please ask... I also have a nutritional plan on the previous page with all the healthy foods to eat, and what not to eat while trying to gain lean mass.

EDIT:
Eat a meal every 2-3 hours, don't skip. I'll give you a quick example, if you are 150 lbs (~68 Kg) you need to eat roughly 3000 calories in a day (150 lbs x 20 calories = 3000 cals). 3000 cals x .15 = 450 cals in Fat, 3000 cals x .35 = 1050 in Protein, and 3000 cals x .50 = 1500 cals in Carbs.

thanks for the constructive reply. ive never been a big eater, ill try and eat as much as i can during the day. i just go to the shops and buy random shit and throw it in stir fry and leave a wok full of rice and vegetables with chicken or meat and go back to it every so often. ill definitely try and do legs more, ive probably done 5 leg sessions in 2 months whereas i would have done about 15-20 arms/core/chest. ill read your plan on the weekend since im tired of reading at this time of the year. may i ask how long i should stay at the gym? i usually stay 2 hours with my mate but alone its arond 1hour 20mins.

It is the taste, or just the amount? If you don't like the taste, you can always add stuff to it like peanut butter or Greek yogurt to make it better, which will also add those calories you're looking for.
taste isnt too bad, its just 300ml all at once (its a lot for me) can bloat me which is annoying, not all the time though. usually i want to eat after going to the gym but the shake puts me off eating. i cant have milk because of allergies and symptoms of lactose intolerance so i just use water.

Hello, fairly new smogonite here. Anyone have any tips on finding time and energy to go to the gym when your job is 10 hrs+ activity most days? Personal motivation of course is key but has anyone found any habits or particular programs that make it easier? (Common sense with diet notwithstanding.:p) Lifting requires so much patience and focus that it's difficult now that I've graduated and have a full time+overtime job.

thanks for the constructive reply. ive never been a big eater, ill try and eat as much as i can during the day. i just go to the shops and buy random shit and throw it in stir fry and leave a wok full of rice and vegetables with chicken or meat and go back to it every so often. ill definitely try and do legs more, ive probably done 5 leg sessions in 2 months whereas i would have done about 15-20 arms/core/chest. ill read your plan on the weekend since im tired of reading at this time of the year. may i ask how long i should stay at the gym? i usually stay 2 hours with my mate but alone its arond 1hour 20mins.
No problem at all, and yea, that's where a lot of people struggle when they want to gain lean mass - the eating part. A lot of people just don't have the time during the day to eat every 2-3 hours. What I do is, I prepared 10-15 meals on Sunday for my work week, and supplement the meals I can't get to at work with a meal replacement shake. I buy specific needs meal replacement shakes like Athlete's Food from bodybuilding.com, but I almost make my own too. Simple protein powder (whey or a complex) and dry quick oats with ice cold water is the easiest 380 clean calories. I have never had a tough time eating because I've been big and over weight my entire life. Once I finally grasped the nutritional and diet aspect of bodybuilding I lost 60 lbs in almost 8 months and packed on more muscle mass than I ever have while lifting for sports. Now, I have a tough time eating, some meals I have to force, but I do eat every 2-3 hours, and I don't skip a meal.

There are also great products out there, like mass gainers that have your daily intake of carbs in one shake. There a nice option to look into if you don't have the time to eat throughout the day. I hear ON Serious Mass and BSN True Mass 1250 are the best. They both have around 250 g of carbs, which is plenty enough for a daily intake to feed your recovering muscles. This may cause fat gainer though if not taken properly. I would suggest taking one half serving in the morning and the other half directly after your workout. Post workout nutrition is very important, but nutrition throughout the day is more important. Making sure your body has all the macronutrients it needs to maintain, recover and build. You build muscle while you recover, not at the gym :)!

As for my days at the gym, I'm usually there for 2-3 hours depending on the workout I'm doing that day. I'll do 20-25 minutes of cardio / HIIT before my workout, then I'll change, workout, and then do another 20 minutes of post workout cardio while I drink my post shake. All adds up tyo about 2-3 hours. I take BSN True Mass currently. It's probably the best shake I've ever tasted. Has all the necessary macros I want after a workout split perfectly into a 15/50/35 ratio of macros.

Hello, fairly new smogonite here. Anyone have any tips on finding time and energy to go to the gym when your job is 10 hrs+ activity most days? Personal motivation of course is key but has anyone found any habits or particular programs that make it easier? (Common sense with diet notwithstanding.:p) Lifting requires so much patience and focus that it's difficult now that I've graduated and have a full time+overtime job.
Hey buddy, welcome! Your schedule sounds exactly like mine lol... I work around 70-80 hours a week (I generally work 12-15 hours shifts 6 days a week). Most of my replies here are either from work, right before I sleep, or on Sundays. I have always been kind of motivated to go to the gym since I was a prior athlete, but not as much as I am now.

The best way to find time to go to the gym is... find a gym thats open early / late / 24 hours day. That way, you'll always have "time" to go to the gym and not be rushed if you get there at 10pm and it closes at 11pm. Another thing that is motivating... progress pictures. I will alway stand by progress pictures and self motivation. They are single handedly the best way to motivate yourself. If you can serious about working out and dieting, give yourself at least one month to see results. Once you do, it becomes addictive, you'll literally compete with yourself, you'll want to become better and look better than that last picture out took. Another way is, join bodybuilding.com. Track your stats and progress.

Disregard this if you don't want to take any supplements, but I would suggest a pre-workout supplement. Like NO2 Explode, Assault, Hyper FX, 1MR, and so on. Most of these pre-workout powders have your necessary muscle building compounds in them such as BCAA's, creatine, beta-alanine, and so on. A lot of them have caffeine and they will really get you going. If you do take one of these pre-workout supps, please be cautious and responsible; I suggest taking only a half scoop for the first week.

If you go here - http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/member-search, and search my username shutupnrock8, you can see that I update my progress pictures fairly often. I try to in order to motivate myself, and they really work. I can't believe what I used to look like.

Lee

@ Thick Club
it's difficult for sure - i'm at work 60 hours a week and that's without all of the lesson planning/marking my students' work. my training has dropped off at times due to sheer exhaustion - my girlfriend too, a commited triathlete, is working the same hours and her training has gone to shit. it's tough.

training before work is sage advice but it can mean waking up at ungodly hours. still, you're fresher before work and it gets the day off on the right foot. arranging training with a partner is another good tactic; if you tell your pal you'll meet him at the gym at 1930 then there's a lot more pressure to go and you're less likely to blow it off if you're exhausted after work.

if you find anything else that works, lemme know as i could use it.

Hey buddy, welcome! Your schedule sounds exactly like mine lol... I work around 70-80 hours a week (I generally work 12-15 hours shifts 6 days a week). Most of my replies here are either from work, right before I sleep, or on Sundays. I have always been kind of motivated to go to the gym since I was a prior athlete, but not as much as I am now.

The best way to find time to go to the gym is... find a gym thats open early / late / 24 hours day. That way, you'll always have "time" to go to the gym and not be rushed if you get there at 10pm and it closes at 11pm. Another thing that is motivating... progress pictures. I will alway stand by progress pictures and self motivation. They are single handedly the best way to motivate yourself. If you can serious about working out and dieting, give yourself at least one month to see results. Once you do, it becomes addictive, you'll literally compete with yourself, you'll want to become better and look better than that last picture out took. Another way is, join bodybuilding.com. Track your stats and progress.

Disregard this if you don't want to take any supplements, but I would suggest a pre-workout supplement. Like NO2 Explode, Assault, Hyper FX, 1MR, and so on. Most of these pre-workout powders have your necessary muscle building compounds in them such as BCAA's, creatine, beta-alanine, and so on. A lot of them have caffeine and they will really get you going. If you do take one of these pre-workout supps, please be cautious and responsible; I suggest taking only a half scoop for the first week.

If you go here - http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/member-search, and search my username shutupnrock8, you can see that I update my progress pictures fairly often. I try to in order to motivate myself, and they really work. I can't believe what I used to look like.
Thx for the tips. I did manage to find a 24 hr gym with all the equipment I need which was a relief. Hardest part is that it's almost impossible to get a "good" workout in after work(lack of energy/not gonna squat when my legs are already tired) so I have to manage to get my ass up at like 4am to go lol. Been taking c4 as a preworkout along with fish oil and a multi for supps along with protein powder if I am low for the day.. Kudos to you finding time with that schedule. I certainly can't complain now since yours is a bit worse. Feeling more motivated already.

Thx for the tips. I did manage to find a 24 hr gym with all the equipment I need which was a relief. Hardest part is that it's almost impossible to get a "good" workout in after work(lack of energy/not gonna squat when my legs are already tired) so I have to manage to get my ass up at like 4am to go lol. Been taking c4 as a preworkout along with fish oil and a multi for supps along with protein powder if I am low for the day.. Kudos to you finding time with that schedule. I certainly can't complain now since yours is a bit worse. Feeling more motivated already.
No problem man, and welcome. Lifting and working is all I really got, working out has become a huge hobby to me and I look forward to competing in physique comps. But like Lee said, if you're tired after work, the best time to go is before so you have the most engery after waking up and put in a good workout. Make sure you eat a good breakfast too :)! Good luck dude.

Lee

@ Thick Club
checked out your bb.com, shutupnrock8, and wow! that is an incredible transformation, kudos. You should get in touch with Ninahaza as you'll no doubt have a lot in common...he dropped like 100lbs and is a bit of a tank nowadays too.

you're clearly very well versed in this sorta thing...I don't use bb.com (though I probably should!) so I could use some advice. I'm the rather odd combination of long-distance runner and lifter; i was initially a runner but the lifting developed because a) I needed something to do during injury downtime and b) it is my own belief that a perfect athlete should possess a fantastic strength:weight ratio. I want to continue getting stronger but I'm already pretty bulky and further weight gain would damage my running. what nutritional/training advice would you have for somebody with such a goal? Gaining strength by piling on muscle mass is simple enough...I am far more envious of these olympic powerlifters who only weigh 70kg but happily clean and jerk 200kg when pro bodybuilders twice their weight are incapable of getting anywhere near that figure.

can't remember which pics I have and haven't posted here so here's a quick dump of recent shots.

checked out your bb.com, shutupnrock8, and wow! that is an incredible transformation, kudos. You should get in touch with Ninahaza as you'll no doubt have a lot in common...he dropped like 100lbs and is a bit of a tank nowadays too.

you're clearly very well versed in this sorta thing...I don't use bb.com (though I probably should!) so I could use some advice. I'm the rather odd combination of long-distance runner and lifter; i was initially a runner but the lifting developed because a) I needed something to do during injury downtime and b) it is my own belief that a perfect athlete should possess a fantastic strength:weight ratio. I want to continue getting stronger but I'm already pretty bulky and further weight gain would damage my running. what nutritional/training advice would you have for somebody with such a goal? Gaining strength by piling on muscle mass is simple enough...I am far more envious of these olympic powerlifters who only weigh 70kg but happily clean and jerk 200kg when pro bodybuilders twice their weight are incapable of getting anywhere near that figure.

can't remember which pics I have and haven't posted here so here's a quick dump of recent shots.

You look great dude... by the way, I still do a lot of distance running too, usually on my off days when I have time. I'll run about 3-5 miles. I've just started to run more because I injured both of my feet back in May. I train for half marathons and the Board Street Run which are 10 miles and up a piece. The weight loss that I achieve will help me a lot more now lol. I used to be a runner on the track team in high school at 200 lbs.

As far as dieting and nutrition goes. I wouldn't stray to far from what I do. I actually do something a lot different from other body builders trying to gain most. I eat my weight in carbs every work out day, and I'll only eat 60% of that on off days to prevent from adipose memory kicking in and gaining fat. So, I'll eat around 175 g carbs on work out days and then I'll eat about ~110 g of carbs on off days. I'll eat 2 g of protein per lb weight, and then I'll at 0.5 g fat per lb body weight. I've been maintaining for about 2 months now, and I have been slowly increasing my ingestion of carbs so that my body doesn't go into a shocked state if I ate too many or too less after a certain routine I've held. So, I usually bump up my carb intake 10-25 g every two weeks until I'm at about 250 g a day until I cut my physique again for the spring and summer (where I'll then be at around 75-100 g on work out days and 25-50g on off days).

So I have a similar body fat as Stallion does and have been working hard to show the lower ABs (top two are very defined but alas) and so I'm starting to think my diet is the problem. So I am cutting out all Soda (only Malt Beverages, Coffee and Ice Tea), sugar and wrapped sweats as well as pasta and rice. I bought a lot of almonds and lots of Turkey slices as well.

Does anyone have a good and easy to remember daily intake plan? Like how many meals, etc.?

I work like 60 hrs/week IN A GYM and I feel your pain. Sometimes I just workout with clients since I know I'm going to be exhausted before I get off-time. Plus I get the added bonus that they workout harder when I do the workout with them.

Oh and eating/staying hydrated really well can compensate for exhaustion. Also, 80+% of your max for less than 5 reps avoids muscle and nervous fatigue somewhat while still providing a significant growth stimulus. You won't burn much fat that way though

So I have a similar body fat as Stallion does and have been working hard to show the lower ABs (top two are very defined but alas) and so I'm starting to think my diet is the problem. So I am cutting out all Soda (only Malt Beverages, Coffee and Ice Tea), sugar and wrapped sweats as well as pasta and rice. I bought a lot of almonds and lots of Turkey slices as well.

Does anyone have a good and easy to remember daily intake plan? Like how many meals, etc.?
You can still have coffee, I do, just drink it black. Black coffee provides you with caffeine you want in a coffee, without all the added calories and sugar of the creamer and sugar.

Your situation also sounds like mine, I have four very defined upper abs, but my lower abs suffer from the excess fat deposits and extra skin. I don't allow myself to eat anymore than 30-40 g of fat a day. This encompasses about 15% of my daily intake. Almonds are great sources of fat, but most of the time, at least from my experience, they basically account for my entire day's intake in fat in one sitting and they're not really filling.

There is a lot of natural fats in foods that can be in the meals that you eat such as peanut butter sandwiches on wheat or rye, ground turkey, eggs, meal replacements, and so on. I don't know what your diet is like now or what it was before, the only thing I can warn you of is completely depleting your body of carbs. Starting off at a rate of 180-200 g carbs a day (~1 g per lb body weight) is fair, and then slowly decreasing your intake by 25 g per 2 weeks will not allow your body to get used to a diet routine, therefore, your weight loss will not plateau as it would if you completely go off carbs. Another thing, if you completely go off carbs, and then start eating them again (like some people who had done the "Atkin's Diet"), you will gain weight / fat at a faster rate because your body is not used to them.

I hope this helps. Also, turkey slices are good, but they have a lot of preservatives in them, as well as sodium which can bloat you. General rule of thumb while on a nutrition plan, eat every 2-3 hours to produce a steady metabolic rate, and typically 6-7 meals a day. Your post-workout shake will count as a meal as well.

Last edited:
Didn't see this thread, I'm at B/S/D(bench/squat/deadlift) 136,6/275/305 all in lbs, ikr I'm very weak right now but I'll get stronger with time, I'm 6'2'' 190 lbs around 18 % bfat

I finally got around to getting my pullup bar yesterday and tossed it up on my door frame. First workout after however many months of inactivity didn't go too well. Last year I was able to do a few sets of 10+ pullups, yesterday I did a couple sets of 3. So a little bit of negative reinforcement there, but still motivation.

I finally got around to getting my pullup bar yesterday and tossed it up on my door frame. First workout after however many months of inactivity didn't go too well. Last year I was able to do a few sets of 10+ pullups, yesterday I did a couple sets of 3. So a little bit of negative reinforcement there, but still motivation.
Dude, after not working out after a while, 3 reps is great... I remember I could even do one rep, I had to do assisted pull ups. After building up my upper back and delts I increased my rep range big time. I generally do a wide, over hand grip (your standard pull up).... I can now do a max of about ~27 reps, and about 36 chin ups. All depends on the grip you use :). I have a weaker upper back so I do pull ups instead of chin ups. Chin ups are typically close, under hand grip... you use more of your lower / upper back, and biceps, they are typically easier. I split up my pull ups now, I'll do 4 sets of 10 reps... go alllllllllllllll the way down and up :). I'm actually gonna be doing them in a couple of minutes! Keep at it man, anything is possible!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Didn't see this thread, I'm at B/S/D(bench/squat/deadlift) 136,6/275/305 all in lbs, ikr I'm very weak right now but I'll get stronger with time, I'm 6'2'' 190 lbs around 18 % bfat
Just quickly but how come your bench is so weak compared to your other two lifts? Youve got a solid deadlift and a good squat but your bench isn't close to your bodyweight yet. I'm not trying to be rude, just curious as to the reasons behind it (personally I have a really weak squat relative to a really strong bench and a decent deadlift due to hip injuries and my FAI) because you have so much potential to get stronger in that area!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Dude, after not working out after a while, 3 reps is great... I remember I could even do one rep, I had to do assisted pull ups. After building up my upper back and delts I increased my rep range big time. I generally do a wide, over hand grip (your standard pull up).... I can now do a max of about ~27 reps, and about 36 chin ups. All depends on the grip you use :). I have a weaker upper back so I do pull ups instead of chin ups. Chin ups are typically close, under hand grip... you use more of your lower / upper back, and biceps, they are typically easier. I split up my pull ups now, I'll do 4 sets of 10 reps... go alllllllllllllll the way down and up :). I'm actually gonna be doing them in a couple of minutes! Keep at it man, anything is possible!
That's insane. I'm pretty strong for my size i guess but I'd be lucky to top 8-10 pull ups and 12-15 chin ups consecutively, youre a beast lol

Damn man, well now I have a good goal to work up to! How do you feel about hammer-grip pullups (palms facing each other)?

Just quickly but how come your bench is so weak compared to your other two lifts? Youve got a solid deadlift and a good squat but your bench isn't close to your bodyweight yet. I'm not trying to be rude, just curious as to the reasons behind it (personally I have a really weak squat relative to a really strong bench and a decent deadlift due to hip injuries and my FAI) because you have so much potential to get stronger in that area!
I've been involved in many sport which require lower body power and never really used my upper body much, also I have a nearly 13'' ankle and 26'' quads while I have only an 8 inch wrist and 14 inches arms...

Btw my dad is very strong but completely different built he was a construction worker for 20 years he has a 9 inch wrist and 18'' forearms and his first gym session ever he tried to do a mock meet(I kinda forced him to) and he benched 100 kg for about 10 reps, Squatted 90x5(he jumped off a building reulting in a injury where he couldn't walk normally for two years..) and deadlifted 200 kg x3 also remember he weights about 110 kilos

Damn man, well now I have a good goal to work up to! How do you feel about hammer-grip pullups (palms facing each other)?
Hammer grips is great dude, they also work the upper back, and more of the inner delt and lat region. I actually did 4 sets of 10 pullups and I latched 10 lbs around my weight belt. You keep at it, your body will continue to get stronger :)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)