Doctor Who

duh duh duh dum, duh duh duh dum, duh duh duh dum, duh duh duh dum etc

I thought the episode wasn't all that bad, but I didn't find it particularly brilliant either. I'd agree that the daleks haven't really been threatening since the first series (and maybe the second at a stretch). Like, remember in the episode "Dalek" when one dalek on its own is enough to make the doctor shit his pants and kill loads of military-type personnel? Then in the first series finale there were loads of daleks and they were pretty much unstoppable killing machines (the moment when the big brother contestant who accompanies the doctor for a bit is killed is fucking brutal).

Then there was the frankly embarrassing daleks in new york couple of episodes and it all kind of dropped off for the daleks from then on.

Also, maybe I am missing something obvious here, but I have no idea how the doctor suddenly managed to have his tardis with him at the end of the episode.
He had it at the start. It was presumably taken with him.

I like her, definitely more than Amy, more than Martha as well. Although if she does become a companion, she needs to work hard to overtake Donna and Rose

I thought the Dinosaurs episode was actually quite good, although the explorer wasn't needed. I enjoyed Queen Titty for.. well...

I loved the dinosaur episode mainly because it was entertaining to see both Lestrade and Mr. Weasley in the same episode. Asylum of the Daleks was probably better in quality, but this was a very good comic relief episode in many places.

On an unrelated note, has anyone else seen the Doctor Who specials Space and Time? Moffat wrote both of them, they're both about four minutes long, and they're both great.

Yeah long time Doctor who fan, I actually use to watch reruns of the old episodes from "back in the day" when I was a kid. They didn't air them on TV so my dad bought all the VHS tapes he could. Now I have basically an entire wall of Doctor Who VHS's at my house, lol.

Call me nuts, but I am a huge fan of the 9th Doctor, the darkness he has is just amazing, by far my favorite episode is "Dalek" its just perfect, I cry every time no joke.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I like the 9th best so far too. I like how he can go from a goofy clown to a heartless jury/judge/executioner from scene to scene effortlessly.

S7E2 is hands down my favorite episode. My favorite Dr Who episodes have always been the ridiculous and lighthearted ones. I didn't really like how serious S6 was. OH GOB! THE DOCTOR'S GOING TO DIE!! Got old pretty quick imo. But Dinosaurs on a Spaceship was soooooooooo goood. My wife commented that she thought a 5 year old boy must have come up with the script, and I'm completely happy with that. :3

I don't know, I didn't mind the cyborg episode, the ending could of been better, but it was still can ok episode, I love episodes where human don't listen to the Doctor and turn against him. Its one of reasons I loved the episode "Midnight." I also got a few chuckles from the dialogue, "the horse is named Sally and wants you to respect its life choices" lol.

I don't know, I didn't mind the cyborg episode, the ending could of been better, but it was still can ok episode, I love episodes where human don't listen to the Doctor and turn against him. Its one of reasons I loved the episode "Midnight." I also got a few chuckles from the dialogue, "the horse is named Sally and wants you to respect its life choices" lol.
I'm pretty sure he was refering to "The Power of Three", rather than the Cyborg episode last week.

very slight spoilers follow;
I agree that it was probably the weakest of the episodes so far, though to be fair I missed a part in the middle of the episode and will probably re-watch it tomorrow. The ending seemed kinda rushed and the celebrity cameos are getting really frequent and it just seems forced... I liked Mitchell & Webb as the two slight-crazed, comic relief robots in EP2, but please don't add random throwaway cameos for the sake of it.

lookng forward to seeing the new DW companion in action. We saw her in the first episode so im wondering how moffat is gonna insert her into the christmas special. I never liked rory anyways.

The power of three was pretty horrible to be honest, the start seemed fun but then the end... basically the doctor just did some mumbo jumbo and saved the world in 15 seconds with no opposition whatsoever. They should make the episodes 1 hr long seeing as there are only 6 episodes per season so that they could actually develop the story a bit. urgh.

Hmmm: My episode judging:

Asylum Of The Daleks - 2/5 - The so-called next sidekick gave this episode 2 points, but it was terrible due to concept. I'm not gonna bore you, you guys already know my feelings of this episode.

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship - 4/5 - The best so far, the Mitchell and Webb cameo was great, and the plot wasn't dissapointing. Queen Titty.

A Town Called Hope - 3/5 - This was as average as you could get. I don't have much to say about this one.

Number Three - 0/5 - Oh dear me. A terrible plot with nothing going for it.

I have a feeling the Weeping Angel episode is gonna be brilliant.

I like the Asylum of the Daleks, almost any episode with Daleks is a winner.

Yeah the power of three is disappointing, really only the humor of the episode and some small dialogue between Amelia and The Doctor about he want to get the most of of them before you vanish for me." But yeah he saved the world in less than 15 seconds by waving his screw driver on the control screen with little to no opposition...

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i was watching videotaped Survivor while my brother watched Power of Three and afterward when he told me the plot was about a bunch of cubes i was just like "wtf that's retarded"

Yeah, this episode left a kind of bitter taste in my mouth. I liked how it showcased Amy and Rory and their conflict that their double lives place on them, and how its leading up to their inevitable departure we all know is coming (;_;), but the resolution was wayyyy too quick, especially for an antagonist we know absolutely nothing about.

Maybe much later in the show it'll all make sense, since that's what tends to happen, but at the end of the episode I was just thinking to myself "that's it?" and was pretty disappointed.

In any case, anyone who didn't like the Asylum of the Daleks is dumb!!! So there!

EDIT: What's really getting at me this season is that there really doesn't seem to be too much connecting the episodes so far. I mean, I guess looking at the Doctor's changing morality (killing Solomon wtf?) and almost sending the doctor to the slaughter in A Town Called Mercy seems very off, so I'm guessing this will become a factor soon too? IDK, the last three episodes have just seemed so random.

Yeah I think what you said about showin the Doctor's shifting morality is right, it seems to me that the episodes are based around the Doctor's inability to cope without a human touch or something and without it he loses empathy etc, which then links into that he's not seeing Amy and Rory as much which will link into the new companion which will be awesome

There's a theory floating around that the last few episodes are anachronistic. The Ponds are leaving in the next episode, and the Doctor is actually traveling back in their timeline to have more adventures with them before he leaves them forever. In those two pictures, The Power of Three seems to suggest that it occurs before the events of A Town Called Mercy.

Interesting.

Ahhh I totally missed that! The outfits should have been a giveaway as well, but ahhhh. I like that, it gives a lot more meaning to the last few episodes.

There's a theory floating around that the last few episodes are anachronistic. The Ponds are leaving in the next episode, and the Doctor is actually traveling back in their timeline to have more adventures with them before he leaves them forever. In those two pictures, The Power of Three seems to suggest that it occurs before the events of A Town Called Mercy.
MINDBLOW

I guess that kinda explains the new companion thingy.. but holyyyyyyyyyyy shatcakes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)