Dogfish vs Lockdown (2vs2) on guess-which-arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
dogfish said:
I could do with a bit more training for a certain duo...

2v2 NFE* Doubles
1 Day DQ
ASB Arena
2 Subs / Mon
5 Chills
2 Recovers
Items On
All Abilities

*Proof I cannot use Magneton + Lanturn ¬_¬
lockdown said:
Snagging DogFish's match.
Dogfish44 said:
GDI he has so many electric/grass types =(

...no right for me to complain, eh?

Marill [Vellamo] (Female)
Nature: Jolly (+15% Spe, +5% Acc, -1 SpA)

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:

Thick Fat (Innate): This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire- and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)
Huge Power (Trait): This Pokemon has immense inner strength that grows with its development, raising its Attack by one Rank for each evolution level (Baby = 1, Basic = 2, Stage 1 = 3). If Skill Swapped, the swapped Pokemon's Attack is only raised by one Rank.
Sap Sipper (DW) (Innate): This Pokemon lives on a steady diet of plants and has developed defenses to every Grass-type attack. When attacked with a Grass-type move, damage and effects are negated and the Pokemon gains a one (1) stage attack boost. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 1 [3 Huge Power]
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 46 (+) [+5% Acc]
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 10

EC: 4/9
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Attacks:

Aqua Ring
Aqua Tail
Bounce
Bubble
BubbleBeam
Charm
Defense Curl
Double-Edge
Helping Hand
Rain Dance
Rollout
Slam
Splash
Superpower
Tackle
Tail Whip
Water Gun
Water Sport

Encore
Sing
Soak

Light Screen
Substitute
Surf

Total Moves: 24

Goldeen [Dahlia] (Female)
Nature: Modest (+1 SpA ; -1 Atk)

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:

Swift Swim (Innate): The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its Speed in the rain.
Water Veil (Innate): Pokemon with this ability always have their body coated in a layer of water which prevents burns.
LightningRod (DW) (Innate): These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they transfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts. If a Pokemon has a type immunity to Electric attacks, Lightningrod will not activate.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 63
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 1/6
MC: 2

Attacks:

Flail
Horn Attack
Peck
Supersonic
Tail Whip
Water Pulse
Water Sport

Hydro Pump
Mud Shot
Signal Beam

Ice Beam
Protect
Substitute

Total moves: 13

Cheers for reffing btw :-)
....you of all people shouldn't really complain about electric types <_<;.

LockDown said:
Thanks for reffing.

Monohm [Shicka-Shicka KaBOOM (SSK)] (M)
Modest Nature (+1 Special Attack, -1 Attack)

Type: Electric/Dragon
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Dragon: Dragon STAB; more in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Thrash without losing focus.

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 60
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 1/9

Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Innate) This pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.)
Static: (Innate) This pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this pokemon.
Overcoat (DW) [Locked]: (Innate) This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather. If the Pokemon is already immune to at least one (1) kind of weather by typing or a different ability, Overcoat reduces the Base Attack Power of all oncoming attacks by one (1).

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Twister
Dragon Rage
Charge
Thundershock
Rain Dance
Sonicboom
Slack Off
Dragon Pulse
Hurricane

Heal Bell
Magnet Rise
Mud-Slap

Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Surf

Scraggy [Hoodlum] (M)
Adamant Nature (+1 Attack, -1 Special Attack)

Type: Dark/Fighting
Dark: Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 48
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Moxie: (Innate) This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Intimidate (DW) [Locked]: (Can be activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.

Attacks:
Leer
Low Kick
Sand-Attack
Faint Attack
Headbutt
Swagger
Brick Break
Payback

Counter
Drain Punch
Ice Punch

Torment
Rock Slide
Dragon Tail

Order of Operations:
Dogfish sends out Goldeen and Marill with items
Lockdown sends out Monohm and Scraggy with items and orders
Dogfish gives orders
I Ref

"All right. SSK, you can take this Exp. Share while Hoodlum will earn us more rewards with this Amulet Coin. Let us begin!"

Monohm: Charge > Thunderbolt (Marill) > Thunderbolt (Marill)
IF Marill uses Encore (Monohm) a1, THEN use Thunderbolt that action.

Scraggy: Brick Break (Marill) > Rock Slide > Drain Punch (Marill)
IF Marill uses Light Screen, THEN use Brick Break (Marill) the next action.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor

"OK then, let's remove the one with SE STAB!"

Marill: Rain Dance ~ Protect ~ Helping Hand (Goldeen)

Goldeen: Ice Beam (Monohm) ~ Water Pulse (Scraggy) ~ Ice Beam + Ice Beam (Monohm)

:D

Frosty

=_=

Hp: 100
En: 100
3/2/0/2/44
Other:

Hp: 90
2/2/3/2/63
Other:

1/3/4/2/60
Other:

4/3/1/3/48
Other:​

...this is weird.

On one side we have Dogfish the dog-lover Electric Gym Leader with...two..water types, a goldeen and a marill. And on the other the challenger with...an electric type, monohm, and Scraggy.

the irony here is enough to kill a small african village.

But a.n.y.w.a.y.

Dahlia the Goldeen starts the match by..."firing" a cold ice beam at Monohm, for good damage. I guess SSK got flashbacks from the time his ancestors, obviously frozen dragons. I swear I'll never get GF's logic. Either way, the Monohm counters by bracing himself for the next turns by charging up and Hoodlum the Scraggy goes offensive by smashing Marill with enough power to break bricks. Finally, Vellamo does an adorable Rain Dance.

Vellamo again, forseeing something bad, protects himself, while Dahlia creates a Water Pulse directed at Scraggy. The protection was worth it, as SSK then attacks Marill's barrier with Thunderbolt and then Hoodlum with Rock Slide that also hit goldeen.

On the final turn, Dogfish's team switches from defensive to offensive. Valium starts by giving Dahlia a Helping Hand on future endeavors. SSK and Hoodlum attack the Marill with Thunderbolt and Drain Punch respectively. But Dogfish wins the damage race this round as his Goldeen shoots a mighty Frosty [size=-3]:D[/size] Beam.

Goldeen: Ice Beam (Monohm): (10 + 1.5)*1.5 = 17.25 damage for 7 energy
Freeze: 4 (no)
Crit: 6 (no)

Monohm: Charge for 7 energy

Scraggy: Brick Break (Marill): 8 + 3 + 1.5 = 12.5 damage for 5 energy
Crit: 8 (no)

Marill: Rain Dance for 9 energy

Marill: Protect: 7 + 33.75/2.5 = 20.5 energy

Goldeen: Water Pulse (Scraggy): 6 + 3 + 3 = 12 damage for 3 energy
Confusion: 8 (no)

Monohm: Thunderbolt (Marill): (10 + 3 + 1.5 + 3)*1.5 = 26.25 protected damage for 6 energy

Scraggy: Rock Slide for 6 energy
vs Marill: 8*0.75 + 1.5 = 7.5 protected damage
vs Goldeen: 8*0.75 + 3 = 9 damage
Crit: 9 (no)

Marill: Helping Hand for 4 + 22.5/2 = 15.25 energy

Monohm: Thunderbolt (Marill): (10 + 3 + 3 + 1.5)*1.5 = 26.25 damage for 10 energy
Crit: 16 (no)
Paralysis: 1/10 (yes)

Scraggy: Drain Punch (Marill): 8 + 3 + 1.5 = 12.5 damage for 11 energy
+6hp
Crit: 4 (no)

Goldeen: COMBO (Ice Beam + Ice Beam) at Monohm: (10*2.25*2 + 1.5)*1.5-1.75= 68 damage for (7+11)*1.75= 31.5 energy
Crit: 11 (no)
Freeze: 6 (no)

Hp: 48
En: 56
3/3/0/3/44
Other: +1BP to water attacks, paralysis (20%)

Hp: 81
En: 58
2/2/3/2/63
Other: cooldown

Hp: 5
En: 77
1/3/4/2/60
Other: +1Spa (1r), Charge (4a)

Hp: 86
En: 78
4/3/1/3/48

Rain Dance for 3r

Dogfish's Turn

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Monohm should be KOed. 12 + 17 + 68 = 97 Damage. Also note that Sea Incense acts as a +1 BAP to Marill's Water moves, and more importantly +1 Def / SpD

Frosty

=_=
I fixed the stuff involving sea incense, but I don't get your monohm calc. It was hit by a simple Ice Beam for 17 damage and then by the combo for 68 damage. Total being 85 damage.

Water Pulse was directed at Scraggy and those were the only damaging moves you used. Unless I missed something, Monohm still has 5 hp.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly

"God damned c/p errors..."

Marill: Bubble + Bubblebeam ~ Cooldown (Aqua Tail [Monohm]) ~ Aqua Tail (Monohm)
Goldeen: Cooldown ~ Hydro Pump (Monohm) ~ Water Pulse (Monohm)

Both: IF Target is KOed, THEN redirect to Scraggy

"That combo shall be your undoing!"

Monohm: Thunderbolt + Thunderbolt (Marill) > Cooldown (Thunderbolt [Marill]) > Hurricane (Goldeen)

Scraggy: Torment (Goldeen) > Payback + Payback (Goldeen) > Cooldown (Drain Punch [Goldeen])

Frosty

=_=
Tough Cookies.

Also, I put 20% paralysis when it was 10% (paralysis induced by a 10% move = 15% paralysis and 5% was gone with the new round). This was fixed below.

Hp: 48
En: 56
3/3/0/3/44
Other: +1BP to water attacks, paralysis (10%)

Hp: 81
En: 58
2/2/3/2/63
Other: cooldown

Hp: 5
En: 77
1/3/4/2/60
Other: +1SpD (1r), Charge (4a)

Hp: 86
En: 78
4/3/1/3/48

Rain Dance for 3r

I love when people use combos. It usually means that the match will go down a lot faster and I have at least one less action to ref! Last round we saw one combo and we may see three more this round.

Dahlia starts by cooling down after the nasty combo that almost took down SSK. Hoodlum seizes the opportunity and uses torment to limit Goldeen's options. Some time later the first combo of this round is unleashed: SSK focus a huge amount of eletricity and fires a powerful THUNDARBOLTA at Vellamo. But the Maril manages to survive with 3hp and responds with a combo of his own and now we have bubbles everywhere koing SSK!

On the following turn Dahlia, now back from her cooldown shoots a Hydro Pump powered by the rain, at Hoodlum who is focusing as we speak. Right after Marill cools down, the Scraggy unleashes a powerful attack that extracts Vengeance at Goldeen for defeating SSK (Marill did, buuut that is not important).

Finally, it is Scraggy's turn to cooldown, as Dahlia tries to use Water Pulse (and fails to do so due to torment) and Marill attacks with his Aqua Tail.

It seems that this match is approaching its end. Good.

Goldeen: cooldown

Monohm: THUNDARBOLTA (Marill): (10*2.25 + 3 + 1.5 + 3)*1.5= 45 damage for (19+23)*1.75-1= 72.5 energy
Crit: 15 (no)
Paralysis: 2 (yes - renewed to 15%)

Scraggy: Torment (Goldeen) for 9 energy

Marill: Bubbles everywhere! for (3+5)*1.5 - 1 = 11 energy
Paralysis: 19 (good to go)
vs Monohm: (15*0.75 +1 + 3 - 3 + 3 + 3)*0.67 - 1.75= 12.2 damage
vs Scraggy: (15*0.75+1 + 3 - 4.5 + 3)= 13.75 damage
Crit: 1, 16 (yes and no)

Monohm fainted!

Goldeen: Hydro Pump (Scraggy): 12 + 3 + 3 +1.5 = 19.5 damage for 7 energy
Hit: 23 (yes)

Marill: cooldown

Scraggy: VENGEANCE: 10*2.25 + 3 + 3= 28.5 damage for (7+11)*1.75= 31.5 energy
Crit: 11 (no)

Goldeen: Can't use Water Pulse for 3 energy due to torment

Marill: Aqua Tail (Scraggy): 9 + 3 + 3 = 15 damage for 7 energy
Paralysis: 33 (ok)
Hit: 17 (yes)

Scraggy: cooldown

Paralysis decayed to 10%

Hp: 3
En: 38
3/3/0/3/44

Hp: 52
En: 48
2/2/3/2/63
Other: Torment for 4a

Hp: KO
En: KO
1/3/4/2/60
Other: KO

Hp: 38
En: 37
4/3/1/3/48

Rain Dance for 2r

Lockdown's Turn

GDI I multiplied BAP by 2.5, not 2.25. Oh well, I can still get a KOC.

Faint Attack (Marill) > Drain Punch (Goldeen) > Drain Punch (Goldeen)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly

"Hmm..."

Goldeen: Protect (Transfer -> Marill) ~ Peck + Horn Attack (Scraggy) ~ Cooldown (Ice Beam)

Marill: Aqua Tail (Scraggy) ~ Aqua Tail (Scraggy) ~ Aqua Tail (Scraggy)

Frosty

=_=

En: 38
3/3/0/3/44

Hp: 52
En: 48
2/2/3/2/63
Other: Torment for 4a

En: 37
4/3/1/3/48
Other: -1speed​

Rain Dance for 2r

Speedy reffing go go go.

Feeling that her partner is in danger, Dahlia erects a Protective barrier and slides it to protect Vellumo from Scraggy's Faint Attack. Behind it, the Marill is safe to attack Scraggy with Aqua Tail.

On the second (and last OMGSPOILERS) turn Dahlia is focusing on something while Marill, now safe from future attacks, attacks again with Aqua Tail. Feeling weary, Hoodlum tries to get some health back with Drain Punch, but then Dahlia finishes the match by striking with COMBO (Horn Attack + Peck) that gets a guaranteed Crit.

aaaand it is a KO!

Dogfish44 is the winner!

Goldeen: Protect (Marill) for 11 energy

Marill: Aqua Tail (Scraggy): 10 + 3 + 3 = 16 damage for 10 energy
Paralysis: 26 (no)
Hit: 87 (yes)
Crit: 7 (no)

Scraggy: Faint Attack (Marill): 6 + 3 + 1.5 = 10.5 protected for 3 energy

Marill: Aqua Tail (Scraggy): 10 + 3 + 3 = 16 damage for 14 energy
Paralysis: 95 (no)
Hit: 70 (yes)
Crit: 14 (no)

Scraggy: Drain Punch (Goldeen): 8 + 3 + 3 = 14 damage for 11 energy
Crit: 2 (no)
+7hp

Goldeen: COMBO (Peck + Horn Attack): 7 + 4 + 3 - 1.5 = 12.5 damage for 10.5 energy
Crit: guaranteed

Scraggy fainted!

En: 14
3/3/0/3/44
Other: +1BP to water attacks, paralysis (5%)

En: 26
2/2/3/2/63
Other: Torment for 2a,

Hp: KO
En: KO
4/3/1/3/48
Other: KO​

Prizes:
Dogfish: 1CC
Goldeen: 1EC, 3MC, 1DC, 1KOC
Marill: 1EC, 2MC, 1DC, 1KOC

Lockdown: 2CC
Monohm: 1EC, 3MC, 1DC
Scraggy: 1EC, 2MC, 1DC.

Frosty: 4UC.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly

"Oof, sorry, I miscalced my attack and thought I'd EN KO myself, whilst making sure that I wouldn't be forced into Goldeen v Scraggy, which is hardly a fun matchup. GG Anyway!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)