Dogs

i currently own a four year old miniature shnauzer and getting a french bulldog in the near future. dogs are cool i like dogs.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i've been attacked by two German Shepard's, and dogs are still the best animal on the planet

I don't own any dogs, but my brother's girlfriend owns a very large...I don't know what breed she is, but she weighs almost as much as I do. She's only a few months old though and is very energetic, which can be annoying because whenever I spend the night over his place I'm woken up by a bigass dog jumping on me. At least she means well.

All other dogs I ever run into seem to hate me for some reason.

I have an 11 month old deaf American Pit Bull Terrier named Fionna. She's the best dog I've ever had. Her favorite activities include digging, harassing the cats, playing with my cousins Boxer and whining like a baby when she has to go in her crate. She LOVES tennis balls. Pit Bulls/Bully Breeds are my favorite, I don't think I'll ever own anything else. Though I do love Australian Shepherds, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Greyhounds, and Dobermans (and all dogs, really), Pitties are just my no 1 choice for a pet. I hope I can get another sometime in the future, when I move out and have enough room for two dogs. I'd love to have a red and white or a blue and white boy. Of course, color isn't that important, and all of my dogs come from rescues so it's not the deciding factor in which dog I choose.

This was Fionna when she was about 5 months old; unfortunately my camera is broken so I don't have any more recent pictures of her that aren't on a cell phone. She weighs about 35 lbs now, she's smaller than average for her breed. I think it may be because she was spayed so early (9 weeks - not my decision, she was already spayed when I got her from the rescue) but it isn't unheard of for adult APBTs to be this small. A lot of people think of them as large dogs, but really, a healthy adult shouldn't weigh more than 55-60lbs, which falls more into the medium size range.

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Sorry to necro, but yesterday my cocker spaniel had a litter of 7 puppies, a mix of 2 blue and 5 orange roans, 3 male and 4 female. Here's the link for some pics - http://imgur.com/a/nfVVf - thought you might like.

EDIT - they have just begun to open their eyes!

I have this super lanky Labradoodle. She's incredibly friendly, but for some reason she hates the pizza guy. She starts acting like a massive bitch whenever he comes by.
labradoodles are seriously my favorite breed ever. Going to get one eventually. Currently attached to a maltese mix. I don't do pure breeds.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
My friend's sister wants to own a Caucasian Shepherd Dog (she calls it by its Russian name, Ovcharka). According to Wikipedia,

The Caucasian shepherd is rather intelligent; however, they can be insolent and refuse to listen at times.They also can be fairly aggressive towards people they do not know and with incorrect handling this can be problematic. This can be overcome by proper training. They are often used to hunt bears.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
That dog's no Chihuahua thats for sure. A dog that size could definatly be used to help with hunting. Just look at its loose skin and thick fur. It would help protect it from getting hurt. I dont think they are used as sled dogs but Im sure they can pull just as hard as one. But as long as your sis is able to control its aggression through heavy socialization and training as early as possible, I think it will do fine. Seriously though, please dont wait until hes 2 and unmanagable to start training. Starting early will save you the headaches.

I have a Pomeranian/terrier cross. He's a funny looking thing, has the round eyes and silly, pointed Pomeranian face and coiled-up spring tail with a terrier-like body. Short (wiry)-haired, white with black patches and ears. We love him to bits, including the cats. He's very loyal and devoted, particularly to my mom. We adopted him about eight years? nine years? ago; when my father was kicked out of the house he kept looking for ways to worm his way back in and bought us a dog from someone who was getting rid of theirs. No warning, just rocks up with the one-year-old dog and some dog food.

We suspect that he may have been cared for improperly (worse still, threatened) by his previous owner. We've had him for a long time now and integrated him quite well into our family, but he has considerable separation anxiety when it comes to my mom and we have to be mindful to make him feel safe and like a permanent member of the family.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We have two dogs currently, and I can't really remember my life without them. Lady, a 15 year old Mini Fox Terrier, who is a massive bitch nowadays and will bite almost anyone that touches her unless its in just the right spot, or its my dad. Got her in the same week I started primary school as far as I can remember. She's getting old and she's losing her vision, but she still loves her walks. Leo would be around 10 maybe? not sure. Shitzu Maltese cross as far as we know. Just an absolute lovely dog. He is that friendly and loving, theres not really a bad word to say about him. Never used to like walks, he prefers dinnertime :)

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
We suspect that he may have been cared for improperly (worse still, threatened) by his previous owner. We've had him for a long time now and integrated him quite well into our family, but he has considerable separation anxiety when it comes to my mom and we have to be mindful to make him feel safe and like a permanent member of the family.
Same, our last dog was left to starve when someone else got foreclosed on. It was really bad the first few months, to the point that he would climb up and out of the metal crate by breaking the top off. We got rid of the crate and things are okay now.

I've been around dogs ever since I was born, so I'm a natural dog person (cats are meh).

Anyway, here's my dog (WARNING: Picture will be huge):

image.jpg

She is a black Labrador named Shannon. My family and I got her when she was around 8 months. We've had her for 4 years now. :)

Shannon is easily one of the funniest dogs I've ever known. She knows what a fucking graham cracker is (that and it's her favorite dessert) for God's sake! Besides that, there are times where she acts like a person. I can't exactly describe it but it's just so bizarre! XD She also LOVES people. She'll literally lick you to death. There's no stopping that tongue. XD

Last edited:

Top one is Jake. He's 11 years old, likes belching in people's faces especially if he's never met them before, holding small animals in his mouth, and eating food he shouldn't eat. He also can open doors and sit in the front seat of the car without a seat belt.

Bottom one is Benny, who got put down a few months ago due to a stomach tumor. He enjoyed being a dope and barking at clouds, running, and stealing my socks ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Didnt get to put up a picture of Maxx yet so here he is!

WIN_20131216_141705.JPG

Like I said earlier, hes a pomerainian/poodle mix. Such a white fluff ball of love. He just turned 2 a couple days ago! (That bandanna was his birthday present) I took him off a neighbor's hands since they were going to send him to a shelter and dont see why since hes such a great dog :)

go chow chow or go home

edit: fuuuuck, ignore my avatar ;-;

edit 2: fuck it, what was i thinking, bandit's a killer avatar, that dog's a real boss

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)