Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 124 HP /252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 128 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

This is the set I use to out speed 167 Spd Jellicant. What do you guys think about investing speed evs on Donphan?

Forretress has nothing on offensive Donphan at all(or defensive for that matter)... Donphan can rapid spin away anything it lays, is immune to volt switch, takes like 2% damage from gyro ball, relay SR, and do wayyy more than enough damage for Forretress to give up and switch out.
I would love if a Forretress tried to check my Donphan, gets rid of their spinner, hazard layer, and dragon check all in one go. If anything, Donphan is a counter to Forretress.

Arcticblast

Keep moving forward
is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Donphan and Forretress actually sort of counter each other. Neither manages to do much more than 30% (Forretress HP Ice versus max attack Donphan Earthquake) and both can switch out to something that doesn't mind taking a hit - think Cloyster, Latias and Rotom-W, all three of which pose a significant threat to both Pokemon.

Please don't oversell- or even sell Donphan in the overview. There is currently a plague of new users putting it in their teams thinking it's a good choice but all of the many times I have seen it in recent memory it was a clearly inferior choice to a different spinner + revamped team or just no spinner + revamped team. On it's best day, it will be a decent choice on a sun team, to this date I have never seen a different spot on a team it deserved over the other options available. Donphan is one of the many pokemon that is OU only because the playerbase on the ladder isn't well-informed enough to make the best choice, and it would make my day if we stopped misinforming them ASAP.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
im not sure if its already listed but i think custab berry can be mentioned as an optional item, thanks to sturdy it can be somewhat usefull in some situations