Don't be lonely (Peaked 5th)

Hey there, its Jordan coming at you with a UU (Best tier yeee) team that I created by myself to ladder with. I think it went pretty darn well so lets get on to the team. But before that, here's my proof of peaking 5th (unless it doesn't work)

Doesn't show me logged in but you'll have to trust me. (so far it doesnt work hnng) (I have resorted to gyazo to prove that my name is rank 5th even though I'm not even logged in.) http://gyazo.com/38520b170ca5d83dc5b0163de3ff9118

The Squad

The Breakdown

Qwilfish (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes- The standard move of Qwilfish which is great for initial damage when you force switches or are going for sweeps.
- Taunt - A great move for pokemon such as ferroseed, stopping it from using annoying moves which will lead to a free layer of spikes.
- Waterfall- Used to deal damage when taunted or retaliate against fire types that Qwilfish can handle so well. It seems like a fitting move to use rather than another other moves because of STAB (and cross poison sucks)
- Protect- I have recently started using protect on bulky mons such as Qwilfish and i am loving it. Instead of being threatened out from a Victini with zen headbutt, you can protect, see a u-turn and get a free layer up. I love protect.

Analysis: Qwilfish is an excellent spiker in the tier, with its ability to take fighting type attacks with ease spiking is extremely easy to do. It helps me check other mons like Azumarill as well which would otherwise be able to utilize its priority moves to kill my offensive pokemon. Protect, I'll reiterate again, is an amazing move that in conjunction with my other bulky mon, Bronzong, can provide my team with an essential layer of spikes for later on in the match. Overall Qwilfish is a reliable physical wall able to handle a wide variety of physical pokemon and can help ease of the late and middle game with its spikes.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Protect--Once again protect on a bulky mon! Once again with the Victini example, if it threatens me with a V-create but expects qwilfish to switch in and I protect, i can set up rocks for free.
- Stealth Rock-Rocks!
- Toxic-Great for wearing things down like Spdef Zapdos, Blastoise, Etc. Although I might want gyro-ball instead, I find toxic being valuable on a game to game basis.
- Earthquake- Helps me with calm-mind Raikou and dealing damage to steel types who cannot be toxic'd.

Analysis: The second part of my bulky core. This is a SpDef set that is able to handle many special attacker such as most sets of Togekiss, zapdos and wall Shaymin effectively barring no SpDef drops. Once again with protect i am able to handle powerful pokemon more appropriately which will help me win matches easier. Bronzong is also my stealth rocker which is a valuable move which all teams need. Bronzong does its job well enough to land a spot on my team.

Crobat (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird-Great STAB move for all flying types. With a Band attached to Crobat, it hits like a truck.
- U-turn-Momentum grabber, keeps me with the upper hand, and forces the opponent to make even more switches.
- Sleep Talk-Starting to see this a lot on Banded crobat, and that's because it works great. Since grass types tend to carry the sleep inducing moves, Both U-turn or Brave Bird is an acceptable attack for Sleep talk to pick.

Analysis: A secondary fighting type/resisting thingy pokemon with the ability to hit hard. I find that Crobat helps my bulky pokemon alot because all of Crobat's resistances eases the pressure on my dedicated bulky pokemon. With hazards up, Crobat can 2hko nearly every pokemon that does not resist its STAB brave bird. I have 2hko'd raikou's after rocks which is just a testament to Crobat's power when equipped with a choice band.

Kingdra (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor-Powerhouse attack, i use this most of the time, along with hydro pumps. I love it because people switch into water/grass types when i threaten water-weak pokemon and rip holes through teams
- Hydro Pump- When I don't want my SpA to drop from Dmeteorl, I'll normally opt for hydro pump to help hit the opponents dedicated special walls and hopefully 2hko after hazards.
- Surf-Still a rather powerful STAB which i use when I don't want Kingdra to miss Hpump on something that dies from surf.
- Hidden Power [Electric]-Filler attack, it honestly could be switched out for anything (lol)

Analysis: Oh boy, this is a great mid game Pokemon that. The first time you bring it in the opponent has no idea what type of Kingdra you are. I have killed many a sableye's who were forced to WoW me only to get smacked. Kingdra can also take some hits and retaliate back which can be good when threatening someone like Victini. All in all, a great pokemon with good synergy and a great fire resist that really betters the effectiveness of the team.

Rotom-H @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Sdef
- Volt Switch- Solid move for momentum, also a great stab which makes the opponent predict with their bulky waters. Overall a great move.
- Overheat-POWERFUL STAB that hurts a lot of the metagame. Pretty obvious choice for Specs Rotom-H
- Hidden Power [Grass]-The attack that hurts the few pokemon that can handle volt switch and overheat, mainly being Swampert and Rhyperior. I find people tend to switch straight into these pokemon if i lead with Rotom-H
- Trick- Helps me cripple pesky eviolite users and physical sweepers. Excellent move to stop those type of pokemon in their tracks.

Anaysis: Another specs Pokemon, but in my opinion not quite redundant. My thought process was more thinking towards the type coverage defensively and then I used the best Rotom-H set in this metagame. I often lead with this Pokemon because he has good enough bulk to live most attacks but also he can deal with other leads really well, for example: Crobat uturn off me, and then they already are in a prediction game. They dont know if they should go to the grass type to take my volt switch, or the water type to take the fire attack. This leads them to chose Rhyperior as their switch in and i kill that (yay)

Cobalion @ Salac Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Close Combat-Go to STAB attack when sweeping. It does a ton of damage if it is not resisted and with an SD boost late game, it is all but over.
- Iron Head-Secondary STAB that i use when CC is resisted, for example a late game sweep would come short against a Heracross without iron head, but i am able to KO Heracross after an SD which is very useful.
- Swords Dance-The set up move of choice when doubles Cobalion's power and can end up winning me the match.
- Substitute- Helpful for 2 reasons. 1) for the extra wall of defense on switches. 2) Provides the salac berry speed boost >25% HP which can be the difference between killing scarfers or getting killed.

Analysis: If i don't see Slowbro, Victini, Zapdos, Cofagrigus or Chandelure, I am probably already plotting my win condition with Cobalion. It can really come up in the clutch and take people by surprise and pull the win out of the bag. I kind of decided to use it on a whim, but it seemed to work pretty well, so I stuck with it. Also without an SD it is underwhelming, with an SD +salac berry speed boost i can really cause the other team some issues. Honestly I found it rather easy to get an SD + salac berry going so I liked that aspect too. Basically, i liek it alawt.

I'm too lazy to do a threat list:

Chandelure is a pain
Kingdra is a pain

Importable:
Kingdra (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Qwilfish (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Protect

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Cobalion @ Salac Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Rotom-H @ Choice Specs
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

Crobat (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

I encourage you to try the team out. It's fun!

So give it a luvdisc if you luv'd it. :)

Hey i like the team amd congrats for peaking number 5. Just a few points...
1. Personally, i like haze/ pain split over protect/taunt. Given that qwilfish has no speed investments and ferroseed is to rare to constitute taunt id highly suggest haze, pain split or thunderwave seeing as how you have no true revenge killets.
2.while zong is very good, you may be able to get rid of him tbh. Your zong cant touch crobat which can just taunt you. Gyro ball is highly recommended over protect. Or you can go more offensive for snorlax which has great synergy with qwilfish and is a reliable wall to zapdos since most zapdos carry either substite or heat wave which both shut down zong.
3. Crobat is good, perhaps youd like super fang also, itll give you a reliable way to break down walls for your other sweepers esp on solid rock rhyperior.
4. Kingdra looks good but has some minor changes. Swift swim is the inferior choice since you are not running rain dance and given the usage of rain teams, ss is kinda moot so sniper would be better. However, if you change your kingdra set to rain dance offensive with life orb then it will also help make zongs. And cobalions fire weakness nullified, give your hydro pump/ surf the power of choice specs but the freedom to switch.
5. Rotom is good, just watch out for rhyperior (hp grass fails to ohko i believe, but if you have super fang, it should always ohko.)
6. Cobalion is gooz, its just the iron/ fighting covetage is redundant and qwilfish walls you with haze which bypasses sub. I recommend virizion over cobalion. Itll give you a great ground resist ( also appreciates the rain ) and can reliably take down slowbro with leaf blade.

Overall good team!

Hey i like the team amd congrats for peaking number 5. Just a few points...
1. Personally, i like haze/ pain split over protect/taunt. Given that qwilfish has no speed investments and ferroseed is to rare to constitute taunt id highly suggest haze, pain split or thunderwave seeing as how you have no true revenge killets.
2.while zong is very good, you may be able to get rid of him tbh. Your zong cant touch crobat which can just taunt you. Gyro ball is highly recommended over protect. Or you can go more offensive for snorlax which has great synergy with qwilfish and is a reliable wall to zapdos since most zapdos carry either substite or heat wave which both shut down zong.
3. Crobat is good, perhaps youd like super fang also, itll give you a reliable way to break down walls for your other sweepers esp on solid rock rhyperior.
4. Kingdra looks good but has some minor changes. Swift swim is the inferior choice since you are not running rain dance and given the usage of rain teams, ss is kinda moot so sniper would be better. However, if you change your kingdra set to rain dance offensive with life orb then it will also help make zongs. And cobalions fire weakness nullified, give your hydro pump/ surf the power of choice specs but the freedom to switch.
5. Rotom is good, just watch out for rhyperior (hp grass fails to ohko i believe, but if you have super fang, it should always ohko.)
6. Cobalion is gooz, its just the iron/ fighting covetage is redundant and qwilfish walls you with haze which bypasses sub. I recommend virizion over cobalion. Itll give you a great ground resist ( also appreciates the rain ) and can reliably take down slowbro with leaf blade.

Overall good team!
1) I like the idea of Haze on Qwilfish, that will help me stop threat that would normally set up on Qwilfish. I will stay with protect however.
2) I want to be able to lay down rocks, and zong works really well with qwilfish. The zapdos' that can shut down zong normally are beaten 1v1 with rotom-h
3)Haven't thought of that, i guess ill try that out :)
4) I guess i use swift swim when other people have rain dance teams, it has saved me on a few occasions.
5) that's true i believe it does 80% which is fine when people seem to switch in on rotom-h's with rhyperior rather than saccing and then checking it.
6) Hmm this is tricky, because i have won on multiple occasions due to the ground weakness. For example if a rather weak earthquake comes my way, i can SD as the EQ sends me into salac berry range. I didnt face too many slowbros either, more victinis and zapdos'.

Thanks for the rate !

Really quickly:
-Qwilfish has a great movepool and while protect can be useful, it is an inferior option to a lot of other things qwil gets like poison jab, t-wave, haze or toxic.
-I would highly recommend gyro ball over eq on bronzong (or both). Without it, your bronzong can do literally nothing to xatu and gives things like crobat and flygon free switches as well as being complete set-up fodder for subbing virizion
-I would use dragon pulse over hp electric on kingdra. It's just something I find more useful more of the time as hp electric is only good for empoleon.
-Don't give crobat super fang. On a stallbreaker set, I'd say go ahead, but it doesn't make too much sense to give it a move that does the same damage coming from a banded threat or a pachirisu. It'd be like giving it seismic toss. Plus, with sleep talk, 99% of the time you'll want either u-turn or brave bird, not super fang.
-Rotom should be timid. This is to maintain the slight speed advantage over non-scarfed base 85 pokes.
-I agree with patrick about cobalion, although it is hard to chose what to replace it with. Since you already have a steel type, I'd go with honchkrow. It'd give a reason for an opponent not to lock themselves in on zen headbutt on qwil, but even if you do, they just opened themselves up to be swept by honch (another reason you wouldn't need protect).

Hey! Overall I like the team, it seems pretty solid (which is why i guess you peaked at 5th, congrats!) There's just a few changes I would make:
- Bronzong: I like the set, it's a pretty reliable Pokemon to use for setting up hazards and the like, but I feel like you should add in a screen somewhere. I personally run a dual screen Bronzong and it helps out tremendously, especially for my weaker pokemon like Sharpedo. I think in general it could make things for your team much easier for a few turns. I would suggest getting rid of protect for one of the two (I'd pick light screen) because to me it doesn't seem to be that useful (I just don't like the move all that much unless i have in on a speed boost -mon). I also agree with what Moose said about gyro ball, It would be a good choice over earthquake because it really isnt limited in any way to what it can attack (plus it can do a pretty good chunk if you give it 0 speed Ivs and evs)
- Kindra: I really like this set too, the only thing i'd change is the ability from swift swim to sniper. I think it's just over all more useful, I don't really run into a rain dance team that often and so for a majority of the teams sniper would be the best ability choice.
- Crobat: All's well here, but I think another move (like super fang) could be pretty useful, but do what you want I suppose
Hope this helps! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)