Don't eat the mushroom! -An NU Warstory

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Since I have never seen an NU Warstory before and because I have always wanted to make my own, I decided it was finally time to get started. Anyone who has played on the PS ladder knows that the ladder is less than desired in terms of experience or skill. Most people you encounter come at you with weird gimmicks or just outclassed Pokemon in general, such as Sudowoodo and Regigigas. However every once in a blue moon you might encounter someone that knows that they're doing and gives can give you a good challenge. This battle was one of those times, and while it did have a few instances of hax it was overall a fun battle. The title of this thread stems from my opponent's name and the pain that Amoonguss was the whole match. I was in the middle of replaying Mother 3 anyways, so I managed to get a snapshot of Tanetane Island that I edited to make the title picture.

I was on my Iron Curtain alt that I use for laddering and encountered my opponent, ThatMushroom, about two weeks ago. His team was a little unconventional with the use of Machoke and Grumpig, but my opponent managed to play pretty well and kept me on my toes. To avoid any sort of confusion I replaced any instances of my alt name with my forums name, ebeast. This battle happened about 2 days before the Share Replay function was added to PS so I had to do the percentages by myself, bare with me. Other than that, let's get started!

My comments will be in Gray and the battle log in Blue and when showing Pokemon's current standings mine will always be at the top and my opponent at the bottom

Format: NU
Rated battle
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: OHKO Clause
Rule: Evasion Clause

ebeast's team:
/
/
/
/
/

Skuntank / Ludicolo / Rotom-Frost / Gurdurr / Musharna / Regirock

ThatMushroom's team:
/
/
/
/
/

Machoke / Amoonguss / Skuntank / Grumpig / Alomomola / Eelektross

As soon as I Team Preview shows up the first things I noticed was the Amoonguss + Alomomola core and that my opponent had two never used (yes, never used in NeverUsed :o) Pokemon in Machoke and Grumpig. As an avid user of Grumpig in the Jynx and Magmortar I know what most of these things will do: spread around status with Thunder Wave and use Heal Bell to cure status in my opponent's team. Looking at his team Thunder Wave would help out his Machoke get more Dynamic Punch hax and his Eelektross outspeed everything to hit with its excellent coverage. Grumpig's Heal Bell makes the whole Regenerator core he has going with Alomo and Amoon even more annoying. My plan going into this was lead with Rotom-F against hopefully his Amoonguss or Alomomola lead trying to counter my Regirock and getting off a Trick on anything. My opponent's team was slow so my Rotom wasn't really missing its Choice Scarf. I also had Will-o-Wisp on my Rotom in case my opponent's Skuntank ever tries to Sucker Punch or Pursuit me at lower health, so there was no problem there as I still had that to avoid Sucker Punch. I had my plan set and was ready to go along with it.

Battle between ebeast and ThatMushroom started!
ebeast sent out Rotom-Munchies (Rotom-Frost)!
ThatMushroom sent out Doomsday (Machoke)!

Rotom-F: 100% (Just chillin')
Machoke: 100% (Come at me bro)

This man is aggressive. Predicting my Regirock he leads not with his Amoonguss or Alomomola, but with his Machoke. I didn't really see this coming, but it actually makes sense if you think about it. Regirock really can't touch Machoke while it can use Dynamic Punch to deal serious damage and possibly prevent me from setting up Stealth Rock. Thankfully for me I led with my Rotom-F instead of Regirock or I would be forced to think critically in the first turn of the battle. With Rotom-F I can safely Volt Switch into Musharna and ruin any plans my opponent would have had of predicting my Musharna switch in by going out into Skuntank. If I had led off with Regi, I'd be devastated if my opponent went into Skuntank on my needed switch to Musharna. Thankfully that is not the case and I safely get some damage off with Volt Switch.

Turn 1
Rotom-Munchies used Volt Switch!
The foe's Doomsday lost 30% of its health!
ebeast called Rotom-Munchies back!
ebeast sent out Mushy (Musharna)!
The foe's Doomsday used DynamicPunch!
It's not very effective... Mushy lost 14% of its health!
Mushy became confused!
Mushy restored HP using its Leftovers!

Musharna: 92% (Scrambled)
Machoke: 70% (I work out!)

Musharna is an absolute tank and takes basically nothing from Machoke's DynamicPunch. Musharna is one of the best lures for Skuntank, and I always use it in these situations where my opponent that the cute skunk to get a switch into Regirock or Gurdurr and get the instant initiative. I decide to switch into Regirock with the plan of getting up my Stealth Rock and wearing down his Skuntank with Regirock's Rocky Helmet or Stone Edge. Rock Helmet being my item of choice to crap on a Tail Slapping Cinccino (Assuming Life Orb and Stealth Rock it is OHKOed thanks to my item :]) as well as hurt other physical attacker as I Thunder Wave or Drain Punch them. Anyways, let's get it Regirock get up that Stealth Rock!

Turn 2
ThatMushroom called Doomsday back!
ThatMushroom sent out Illmatic (Skuntank)!
ebeast called Mushy back!
ebeast sent out RegiGOD (Regirock)!

Regirock: 100%
Skuntank: 100%

Worked up just like I expected. I decide to just go for Stealth Rock right now expecting my opponent to not risk his Skuntank by going for Taunt. Without his Skuntank my opponent is torn apart by my Musharna that lies at the back of my team waiting for Skuntank to becomes roadkill. Off I go, lay up those rocks!

Turn 3
The foe's Illmatic used Taunt!
RegiGOD fell for the taunt!
RegiGOD can't use Stealth Rock after the taunt!

Regirock: 100%
Skuntank: 100% (Scavenger)

Ugh, like I said before my opponent was very aggressive and this shows more of it, he risks it for the biscuit and gets a full course meal instead. Without any access to Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave, my Regirock is just a sitting duck for an incoming Alomomola or Amoonguss switch in. Predicting this I make a switch over to my Rotom-F to try and do what I wanted to do Turn 1.

Turn 4
ThatMushroom called Illmatic back!
ThatMushroom sent out Wu Tang (Amoonguss)!
ebeast called RegiGOD back!

Rotom-F: 100% (Ready for this?)
Amoonguss: 100%

I now have Rotom-F against Amoonguss, which is what I wanted to do the whole time. I could Trick right here, but another thought came to my head. Trick would be beneficial against anything on his team except for his Eelektross, which is a natural switch into Rotom. I decide to Volt Switch and scout for his set before attempting anything else.

Turn 5
The foe's Wu Tang used Protect!
The foe's Wu Tang protected itself!

Rotom-F: 100%
Amoonguss: 100% (Yeah I use protection, no child support for Wu Tang)

Wow, definitely did not see that coming. This just makes his Alomo + Amoon core more annoying since he can scout for whatever move I go for. At this point I start to realize that this will be long battle and kind of lose some faith myself here. I get the feeling I'm going to get walled no matter what I do, but decide to keep going to see what I'm capable of achieving.

Turn 6
It's not very effective... The foe's Wu Tang lost 16% of its health!
ebeast sent out Pepe lé Pew (Skuntank)!
The foe's Wu Tang used Spore!
Pepe lé Pew fell asleep!
The foe's Wu Tang restored HP using its Black Sludge!

Skuntank: 100% [Asleep]
Amoonguss: 90%

I get off a quick Volt Switch and switch to Skuntank to take the Spore. I really don't have many options now and decide to go to Rotom-F to get get this Scarf onto something on his team.

Turn 7
ebeast called Pepe lé Pew back!
The foe's Wu Tang used Sludge Bomb!
Rotom-Munchies lost 34% of its health!
Rotom-Munchies was poisoned!
Rotom-Munchies was hurt by poison!

Rotom-F: 53% [Poisoned]
Amoonguss: 96%

Ew. Very eww. Wu Tang's Sludge Bomb dealt a heavy chunk to Rotom-F and on top of that got the poison. I decide to just go for the Trick and force it out, as with Protect my opponent knows exactly what I lock myself into. The poison on Rotom-F might actually come in handy to absorb Spore if I get the chance to Heal Bell later on with Musharna. Anyways wasted turn of poison stall awaits.

Turn 8
The foe's Wu Tang used Protect!
Rotom-Munchies used Trick!

Rotom-F: 40% [Poisoned]
Amoonguss: 100%

How annoying >:(. I decide that he's definitely going to go to Eelektross and that I should take the opportunity to go to Ludicolo and get off a quick Hydro Pump. Ludi has good 80/100 special bulk so it should be able to take even a Specs Volt Switch.

Turn 9
ebeast sent out LudiCholo (Ludicolo)!
ThatMushroom called Wu Tang back!

Ludicolo: 100% (looking for a job)
Skuntank: 100% (looking for a meal)

Ah, what a terrible switch for me! I am in despair, my Ludicolo needs to be kept alive and this Skuntank can either Poison Jab or Pursuit me for damage. During the game I didn't really understand why he went into Skuntank instead of Eelektross, but looking back at it I think I might be able to infer it. By going into Skuntank on the Trick my opponent could easily Pursuit trap my Rotom-F after takes damage from poison and my opponent's Black Sludge. This would free him from worrying about his walls getting Tricked, though would open him a bit more to Musharna. If this was what he had going through his head, I must commend him. For now I have to hope he doesn't Pursuit as I get a switch into my Regirock and maybe get up Stealth Rock this time.

Turn 10
ebeast called LudiCholo back!
The foe's Illmatic used Crunch!
RegiGOD lost 19% of its health!
The foe's Illmatic is hurt by RegiGOD's Rocky Helmet!
The foe's Illmatic restored HP using its Black Sludge!

Regirock: 81% (Can we fix it? Yes we can!)
Skuntank: 90%

Rocky Helmet Regirock :] I love this set so much and I've never used a Regirock without it. It comes in handy here against my opponent's Crunching Skunk, as it takes it one step closer to becoming road kill. I decide here to just go for the Stone Edge as it will do great damage to Skuntank if it decides to stay in and I would have an opportunity to get up Stealth Rock if he switches into Amoon or Alomo anyways.

Turn 11
RegiGOD used Stone Edge!
The foe's Wu Tang lost 33% of its health!

Regirock: 81%
Amoonguss: 73%

I got some decent damage against Wu Tang, but it's really irrelevant as Amoonguss has Regenerator and Regirock is about to tank a Giga Drain for the sake of getting Stealth Rock up. Skuntank needs to die!

Turn 12
RegiGOD used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
The foe's Wu Tang used Giga Drain!
It's super effective! RegiGOD lost 43% of its health!

Regirock: 38% (One of the bulkiest mons in the tier lol)
Amoonguss: 96%

Regirock is extremely bulky, having the same amount of special bulk as Ludicolo and takes Wu Tang's weak little Giga Drain like a champ to get up Stealth rock. From here I'll get out Musharna and lure in his Skuntank to keep on racking up the damage.

Turn 13
ebeast called RegiGOD back!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Illmatic!

Musharna: 98% (>_>)
Skuntank: 83% (Gotcha!)

If there was anything I didn't do in that turn was predict my opponent to predict my switch into Musharna. I'll have to start playing some mind games with him if I want Musharna to come out of this with a good amount of its health. Wish me luck! Time to predict his Pursuit and Moonlight up.

Turn 14
The foe's Illmatic used Pursuit!
It's super effective! Mushy lost 23% of its health!
Mushy used Moonlight!
Mushy regained health!

Musharna: 100%
Skuntank: 89% (GET OVER HERE)

Musharna is super bulky and doesn't care about a weak little Pursuit. Predicting a Crunch now I go to Gurdurr to start Bulking Up and dealing some damage to his team.

Turn 15
ebeast sent out Buff Nigga (Gurdurr)!
The foe's Illmatic used Taunt!
Buff Nigga fell for the taunt!

Gurdurr: 100%
Skuntank: 95%

ThatMushroom goes for the Taunt instead, which is just as good for me. I can't get up a possible Bulk Up so I'm going to go for Ice Punch and hopefully hit his Amoonguss and scout to see if it's physically or specially defensive. (From the damage from Regirock I should already know its physically defensive, but I didn't run a calc when that happened and I'm much more familiar with Ice Punch against Amoonguss variations)

Turn 16
ThatMushroom sent out 36 Chambers (Grumpig)!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's 36 Chambers!
Buff Nigga used Ice Punch!
The foe's 36 Chambers lost 17% of its health!
The foe's 36 Chambers restored HP using its Leftovers!

Grumpig: 76%

Not really realizing it until now, but Thick Fat Grumpig actually makes for a really good Gurdurr switch in as not many people use Payback anymore since Gothitelle was banned by UU. As obvious as this next switch was, I figured he would expect it and either go for Psychic or Thunder Wave predicting another one of my Pokemon. Even though you're asleep, Skuntank you're up!

Turn 17
ebeast called Buff Nigga back!
ebeast sent out Pepe lé Pew (Skuntank)!
The foe's 36 Chambers used Psychic!
It doesn't affect Pepe lé Pew...

Skuntank: 100% [Asleep]
Grumpig: 82% (Lol, not afraid of you)

Since I have a sleeping Skuntank out here, I expected my opponent to either to go Eelektross to get off a free hit or Alomomola to start passing some Wishes. My Dancing Mexican pineapple should be able to deal with both, so I click LudiCholo with no regrets.

Turn 18
ebeast called Pepe lé Pew back!
ThatMushroom called 36 Chambers back!
ThatMushroom sent out Muddy Waters (Alomomola)!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Muddy Waters!
The foe's Muddy Waters restored HP using its Leftovers!

Ludicolo: 100% (Found a job at breaking opponent's team)
Alomomola: 93%

This was an excellent switch for me and I try to take advantage of it by quickly going for the Ice Beam predicting Amoonguss to come in.

Turn 19
LudiCholo used Ice Beam!
A critical hit! It's not very effective... The foe's Muddy Waters lost 42% of its health!
LudiCholo lost some of its HP!
The foe's Muddy Waters used Toxic!
The attack of the foe's Muddy Waters missed!
The foe's Muddy Waters restored HP using its Leftovers!

Ludicolo: 90% (about to get promoted)
Alomomola: 57%

:/ This was the most haxy moment in the entire match, but at least the Ice Beam crit isn't as big of a deal due to Alomomola having Regenerator. Toxic might have changed the match a bit, but I always had Heal Bell on Musharna if I really needed to cure status. At this point I just go for another Ice Beam hoping to this time catching Wu Tang on the switch.

Turn 20
ThatMushroom called Muddy Waters back!
ThatMushroom sent out 36 Chambers (Grumpig)!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's 36 Chambers!
LudiCholo used Ice Beam!
The foe's 36 Chambers lost 11% of its health!

Ludicolo: 80%
Grumpig: 64%

ThatMushroom decides to play it safe and goes into Grumpig instead of risking his Amoonguss. Makes sense since Grumpig has quite a bit of bulk and could probably even take a Giga Drain followed by a Hydro Pump and Thunder Wave. Predicting my opponent to go for said Thunder Wave, I decide to take advantage of my opponent getting a poison on my Rotom-F a while back. Assuming that my opponent won't be using Protect on Grumpig as well I decide to just let go of my item now would be a decent idea.

Turn 21
The foe's 36 Chambers used Thunder Wave!
But it failed!

Rotom-F: 27% [Poisoned]
Grumpig: 70%

My Rotom-F is really weak right now so I just decide to dump my Scarf on whatever. If he stays in I can trap Grumpig with Skuntank or set up a Rain Dance with Ludicolo. In the end something on both of our sides will go down or get screwed over in the next few turns.

Turn 22
Rotom-Munchies used Trick!
Rotom-Munchies switched items with the foe's 36 Chambers!
The foe's 36 Chambers obtained one Choice Scarf!
Rotom-Munchies obtained one Leftovers!
Rotom-Munchies lost 29% of its health!
Rotom-Munchies fainted!

Rotom-F: 0% (Deaaaath)
ebeast brings out:
Ludicolo: 80%
Grumpig: 70%

5-6 in favor of ThatMushroom

Yup, Rotom-F goes down, but I've managed to lock Grumpig into Psychic. I decided that Ludicolo could get up a Rain Dance and start doing work against my opponent's team. I knew my opponent wouldn't switch in their Amoonguss here and next turn I would go for the Hydro Pump which in the rain would put Amoonguss in the range for where Ice Beam could pick it off.

Turn 23
LudiCholo lost 32% of its health!
LudiCholo used Rain Dance!
It started to rain!

Ludicolo: 48% (Dancing in the Rain)
Grumpig: 70% (Can't touch this, MC HAMmer)

Yup yup, Ludicolo gets that rain up which is very nice for me. I was actually afraid of Grumpig's bulk at this point and decided that Amoonguss wasn't going to be coming in right now anyways. It's way too important for my opponent to be blindly switch it in and risking a potential Ice Beam. I go for a Giga Drain for guaranteed damage, a little bit of recovery, and because I knew it would put Grumpig in a definite range for Hydro Pump.

Turn 24
LudiCholo used Giga Drain!
The foe's 36 Chambers lost 26% of its health!
The foe's 36 Chambers had its energy drained!
LudiCholo lost 31% of its health!

Ludicolo: 22% (Dancing in the Rain)
Grumpig: 44%

My Ludicolo barely clings to life but it's still healthy enough to get off 3 more attacks ... as long as Hydro Pump doesn't miss of course! Rain Hydro Pump will dent anything on his team and put Amoonguss in the range for Ice Beam to kill after Stealth Rock, so I will be getting a kill against his Grumpig here for sure.

Turn 25
LudiCholo used Hydro Pump!
The foe's 36 Chambers lost 46% of its health!
The foe's 36 Chambers fainted!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Illmatic!

Ludicolo: 12% (Dancing in the rain)
Grumpig: 0% (Delicious Bacon)
ThatMushroom brings out:
Skuntank: 82%

5-5 Tie

Even though my Ludicolo is at a really low amount of health, I knew it would be extremely useful for checking my opponent's Alomomola. Therefore I predicted my opponent to know this and go for Pursuit instead of Sucker Punch. If this goes my way, Ludicolo will quickly bring down the stallmate and take another kill. Let's hope Ludicolo's eyesight is 20/20 for this next turn and that my psychic powers are correct on this one.

Turn 26
LudiCholo used Hydro Pump!
The foe's Illmatic lost 83% of its health!
The foe's Illmatic fainted!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Wu Tang!

Ludicolo: 2% (Hanging on by a thread)
Skuntank: 0% (ROADKILL)
ThatMushroom brings out:
Amoonguss: 87% (Eww its Amoonguss)

5-4 in favor of ebeast

I'm really glad I had Rain up for that one, otherwise that whole turn would have been Ludi getting killed by Poison Jab. In other news, Ugh Amoonguss yet again. Truly a super annoying mon, but Ludicolo isn't afraid of it. LudiCholo is about to show his cojones to my opponent's who team right now! If Ludicolo goes down it will go down a true man, using Giga Drain against a x4 resist. Let's hope Ludicolo becoming indecent is worth it.

Turn 27
ThatMushroom sent out Muddy Waters (Alomomola)!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Muddy Waters!
LudiCholo used Giga Drain!
It's super effective! The foe's Muddy Waters lost 79% of its health!
The foe's Muddy Waters had its energy drained!
The foe's Muddy Waters fainted!
The rain stopped.

ThatMushroom: fuck
ThatMushroom: thought u might do that

ThatMushroom sent out Liquid Swords (Eelektross)!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Liquid Swords!

Ludicolo: 61% (A true man gets rewarded greatly)
Alomomola: 0% (/me slaps my opponent around a bit with a large Alomomola)
ThatMushroom sends out
Eelektross: 87%

5-3 in favor of ebeast

What a glorious day that was for Ludicolo, netting me a quick 3 consecutive kills. Absolutely manly as Ludicolo has taken down my opponent's Musharna counter and 2 of Gurdurr's counters. Things are definitely looking up for me since the start of the game, where I was expecting myself to lose. Looking at my opponent's team he only had Machoke, Amoonguss, and Eelektross left so my Regirock was my least useful member to have. I will sack it for the greater good of having another Pokemon finish it off, Ludicolo has already done its job and is looking for some rest.

Turn 28
The foe's Liquid Swords used Thunderbolt!
RegiGOD lost 34% of its health!
The foe's Liquid Swords restored HP using its Leftovers!

Regirock: 4% (Too bulky...)
Eelektross: 93% (Eelektross is a destroyer of ebeast 24/7)

Regirock having excellent bulk and living means that my opponent's Eelektross gets an extra round of Leftovers. Thankfully for me though my opponent isn't using Specs Eelektross or I would be having a really annoying time right now. Against this Leftovers set I decide that I will send out my Gurdurr to the action it desperately wants after my Regirock dies to this upcoming Thunderbolt.

Turn 29
RegiGOD used Stone Edge!
The foe's Liquid Swords lost 55% of its health!
RegiGOD lost 4% of its health!
RegiGOD fainted!

Regirock: 0% (Fast rock)
ebeast brings in:
Eelektross: 44% (<_>)

4-3 in favor of ebeast

Haha, my speed creeping that I've become known for has claimed another victim. Regirock manages to outspeed Eel and get off a powerful Stone Edge, making it easier for Gurdurr to deal good damage against my opponent's team.

Turn 30
Buff Nigga used Drain Punch!
The foe's Liquid Swords lost 41% of its health!
The foe's Liquid Swords used Roar!

Skuntank: 100% [Asleep] (Dragged in by Roar)
Eelektross: 9%

Wow, unconventional all the way. I didn't even know Eel got Roar (then again Eel was an amazingly wide movepool) Roar actually served to annoy me quite a bit here as Gurdurr's Drain Punch put Eel at a range where anything could kill it. Instead my sleeping Skuntank is send out and something either have to take a Thunderbolt or taken advantage of by a potential Volt Switch. I make kind of a bad play here and decide to stay in hoping to wake up soon.

Turn 31
Pepe lé Pew is fast asleep.
A critical hit! Pepe lé Pew lost 100% of its health!
Pepe lé Pew fainted!

Skuntank: 0% (More roadkil lol)
ebeast brings in:
Ludicolo: 61% (Leave it to the MVP to clean up your mess, k?)
Eelektross: 15% (Move over Cirno, Eel is the strongest)

3-3 Tie

My bad play makes me pay for it, but on the bright side my Musharna didn't have to take a crit to the fetus. Ludicolo steps up to the ring ready to sent my opponent into the next Ice Age. If Ludicolo hasn't defined itself as the MVP yet, it's about to make it clear by getting a 4th kill right here and now. Dancing Pineapples are the strongest there ever was.

Turn 32
LudiCholo used Ice Beam!
The foe's Liquid Swords lost 16% of its health!
The foe's Liquid Swords fainted!

Ludicolo: 51% (ehuehuehue)
Eelektross: 0% (Just like the Cirno meme, Eel is now ded)
ThatMushroom brings in:
Amoonguss: 87% (Will this thing ever die???)

3-2 in favor of ebeast

Ugh, Wu Tang. When will you finally go away? Now that Ludicolo has done its job it's free to let go and get intoxicated. Amoonguss will get the drinks and Ludicolo will get some ice for that. Working together, Amoonguss's Sludge Bomb and Ludicolo's Ice Beam will sure to get everyone at the party buzzed.

Turn 33
LudiCholo used Ice Beam!
It's super effective! The foe's Wu Tang lost 67% of its health!
It's super effective! LudiCholo lost 45% of its health!
LudiCholo fainted!

Ludicolo: 0% (Alcohol poisoning)
ebeast brings in:
Amoonguss: 92% (Kill it while it's drunk!)

2-2 Tie

Ah yes, late game Musharna when the opposing Mushy counters have been eliminated. This can only be described as a beatiful thing and one of the best feeling you get while playing NU. What I will do here should not be questioned, Psychic time.

Turn 34
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Doomsday!
Mushy used Psychic!
It's super effective! The foe's Doomsday lost 58% of its health!

Machoke: 7% (Screw Gurdurr I have higher Special Defense!)

Wow, Machoke managed to actually tank that Psychic. At this point of all I really have to worry is making sure Musharna can stay healthy, so I switch out to Gurdurr on the predicted Payback.

Turn 35
The foe's Doomsday used Knock Off!
It's not very effective... Buff Nigga lost 2% of its health!
The foe's Doomsday knocked off Buff Nigga's Eviolite!

Gurdurr: 98% (No more Eviolite ;_;)
Machoke: 7% (Screw Gurdurr I have higher Special Defense!)

That move really surprised me, but I guess Knock Off on Machoke comes in handy for Tangela or other Eviolite Pokemon that could come into Machoke. If Machoke was not in Mach Punch range, it would be able to deal major damage here with Dynamic Punch. Not wanting the deal with the hax I am forced to go with Mach Punch here.

Turn 36
ThatMushroom called Doomsday back!
Buff Nigga used Mach Punch!
It's not very effective... The foe's Wu Tang lost 7% of its health!

Amoonguss: 99% (*evil smirk*)

Oh Wu Tang, you just can't stop bothering me can you? At this point I'm forced to stay in and take the Spore. I desperately need my Musharna if I want to win, especially now that Gurdurr's Eviolite got Knocked Off. I decide to just go for Ice Punch and let Gurdurr go to sleepy bye.

Turn 37
Buff Nigga used Ice Punch!
It's super effective! The foe's Wu Tang lost 33% of its health!
The foe's Wu Tang used Spore!
Buff Nigga fell asleep!

Amoonguss: 72% (Clearly not a drug dealer)

With Gurdurr asleep and the devil Wu Tang facing me, I decide to make this the final countdown. Musharna you're up, finish the game!

Turn 38
ebeast called Buff Nigga back!
A critical hit! Mushy lost 48% of its health!

Musharna: 58% (Ouch right in the fetus)
Amoonguss: 72% (*flex*)

Ugh Wu Tang, that crit didn't really matter at all but just goes to show even more how much of a pain Amoonguss was this game. Here I made what I believe to be a somewhat of a big misplay. I go straight for the Psychic for the KO against Wu Tang, however with my opponent still have a 7% Machoke it is capable of beating Musharna with the help DynamicPunch confusion and Ice Punch. Had I gone for Heal Bell first I would have Gurdurr ready to Mach Punch in case anything of this sort happens. Either way, this sort of made the game more exciting towards the end.

Turn 39
Mushy used Psychic!
It's super effective! The foe's Wu Tang lost 33% of its health!
The foe's Wu Tang fainted!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Doomsday!

Musharna: 64% (shush Wu Tang, you don't even lift)
Amoonguss: 0% (Back to Tanetane Island with you demon)
ThatMushroom brings out:
Machoke: 1% (!!!!!!!!!!)

2-1 in favor of ebeast

Finally the demon known as Wu Tang has died, however at this point I had a bigger thing to worry. I had gotten myself out the whole I got myself into at the beginning of the game and now my opponent still had a chance to win due to his 1% Machoke with DynamicPunch. If my opponent can get enough confusions it could spell the end for me.... who will win???

Turn 40
The foe's Doomsday used DynamicPunch!
It's not very effective... Mushy lost 13% of its health!
Mushy became confused!
Mushy is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!

Musharna: 50% (Please don't...)

Turn 41
The foe's Doomsday used Ice Punch!
Mushy lost 18% of its health!
Mushy is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!

Musharna: 31% (Please don't...)

This is it... If Musharna gets herself in confusion one more time machoke will have successfully beaten me with just 1% of its health remaining. Who will win? Will Musharna reclaim its superiority or will Machoke choke a hoe and turn the balance of the world upside down? Find out in the next exciting episode of Dragonball Z!!

. Almost there

. Getting closer

Turn 42
The foe's Doomsday used Ice Punch!
Mushy lost 17% of its health!
Mushy snapped out of its confusion.
Mushy used Psychic!
It's super effective! The foe's Doomsday lost 1% of its health!
The foe's Doomsday fainted!
ebeast won the battle!

Haha, thankfully for me confusion hax cannot triumph the might of a Psychic fetus. I really enjoyed this game, ThatMushroom, even though Wu Tang was quite the asshole. I hope everybody else enjoyed my first Warstory and I think the first warstory ever in for NU!

Time for everyone's favorite:

Props
  • Ludicolo for being boss and getting 4 kills in one game
  • Wu Tang the Amoonguss for being the devil to my team
  • Musharna for being a major pain my opponent's backside
  • Eelektross for being stronger than Cirno
  • The NU community for being the best community on Smogon~!

Slops
  • Both of our Skuntanks for doing absolutely nothing other than being roadkill
  • This game was too long with 42 turns
  • The way I seperated log and commentary, some of you are probably blind by now (Fixed, but some left blind)
  • This game had some hax with a few crits, some misses, and of course DYNAMICPUNCH
  • Having to get smashed by Master Eddy in Mother 3 to get the title pic ;_;

MVP
The MVP of this match is none other than Ludicolo for getting 4 kills in the game and allowing me to stay in the match.

I hope everyone enjoyed reading this, and if you did maybe drop off a Luvdisc at the top. Thank you for your time! :toast:

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I loved your tone!

Also, the DBZ picture in the end was appreciated!

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
haha, this was actually better than i expected it to be, after seeing the teams. after realizing that your opp was actually competent and carried a hefty and well-built stall team (though i kind of question roar tross and the selection of tross in general, but whatevs), you really had a tough matchup where your only real hopes for breaking through were a) getting a trick off on something important with rotom, b) pressuring stuff mid- to late-game with ludicolo, and c) getting mushy in at the right time and taking out some important walls and hoping that you break something loose. that series with ludicolo in the mid-game where you made all the right predictions was what broke this open for you - otherwise you were really stuck in a hole and he had the game in the bag. had he made any of the correct decisions in those few turns, this would have had a completely different outcome, probs in his favor.

anyway, cool, tight game and i enjoyed reading it. =]

congratulations you win the prize for the first warstory i haven't gotten bored reading.

Anyways good comments and you kept me interested, it was a great battle too!

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Congrats on making the first 5th gen NU warstory! (I wanted to do this so badly, but I haven't had an excellent battle that I saved). A bit haxy, but I can overlook that since it wasn't exactly significant (except at the end bit). Good and bad predictions on both parts. I enjoyed reading your comments though, and you managed to make it suspenseful as well.

8.5/10 for you (+.5 for being the first warstory, -5 for the slightly blinding commentary). Luvdisc! :)

thanks for taking initiative in posting a warstory, hopefully we'll get more of these.

i mostly skimmed over it but it seems pretty cool so far.

one request though -- can you use a different color than orange? it makes the warstory harder to read. there are plenty of other colors that would fit better than orange

Very nice story EBeast, props to ThatMushroom for using Machoke, and more specifically as a lead, I love it. I think you should grovel to Ludicolo for absolutely carrying your team back into the game. This was actually really well written, good job.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Took people's advice and changed the orange to the fantastic color that is DimGray. I could have just used black, but I wanted the log, commentary, and Pokemon status to stand out on their own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)