Don't Hug Me I'm Scared(SPOILER WARNING)

I've already looked and there doesn't seem to be a thread for it anywhere.
I was wondering if anybody else has seen the mini YouTube series masterpiece. For those who haven't seen it, it's a YouTube series that's 6 episodes long and they talk about many themes such as creativity, healthy eating etc. They do this using different styles of animation but mostly with puppets. I'm gonna warn you guys that there WILL be spoilers so before you post or read this thread, watch all 6 episodes below. EDIT: These videos can get very dark and weird and borderline disturbing so keep that in mind.
If you don't understand the hidden meaning, there are a bunch of YouTube videos and Reddit threads deciphering the show

Last edited:

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Nice spoiler alert.
Yet, you fail to warn the viewer of some disturbing content. Some of these videos are extremely trippy and just plain fucked up. Entertaining for sure, but I've never understood the medium they use to get their point across. This content is not for kids at all and their use of puppets is kind of messed up IMO.

Nice spoiler alert.
Yet, you fail to warn the viewer of some disturbing content. Some of these videos are extremely trippy and just plain fucked up. Entertaining for sure, but I've never understood the medium they use to get their point across. This content is not for kids at all and their use of puppets is kind of messed up IMO.
Part of the charm is that it's weird and dark. I'll edit the OP but I figured you'd want to figure that out on you're own.
Also, there's a hidden message behind the series that you can't really appreciate the first time around. I personally love it because it's not traditional. It's different, dark, and weird and it's not afraid to break rules

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've only seen the first one, I was unaware that there were more, however I liked the themes of the first one. The idea that the media tells us what is and is not creative feels really deep but it feels wrong when it breaks the immersion to the television set and to the heart pie / death. Maybe I'm not thinking about it right, but it just doesn't fit the theme for me.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Sorry for that, just think a warning is appropriate for this sort of content considering this is a Pokemon forum.

I've always thought these videos were very deep and have many hidden meanings. While I don't agree with the use of puppets, I guess it would be quite difficult to pull this off with actual people. They probably either had to use a medium commonly used for childrens programming or loose some of that freedom of expression that comes with the medium. The first thing that sticks out to me is that this is a complete mockery and satire of today's society and its obsession with the hive mind. It's an indirect attack on the collective consciousness ideals that we are taught in grade school and has underlying tones that indicate there is nothing wrong with being different. Very unique and thought provoking. It also tackles perception and how we create the world around us with our thoughts and actions; or rather how the world around us can create us through suppression of thought and action. That's my take on it.

After watching Film Theory's theory, I do agree that Roy is punishing Yellow guy, as he's consistently the main target of these "tv show episodes"

But what exactly did the Yellow Guy do to warrant "being punished"? He's the youngest of the bunch and doesn't really know any better
It would have to do with either being arrogant. It might be that Roy is jealous of Yellow guy, and the opportunities he has, and mad at yellow guy for being arrogant with these opportunities by treating his father, Roy, poorly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)