Resource Don't Use That; Use This (ORAS Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
(Note that this applies to all Mega Scizor sets, I just did the defog set just because it's the easiest to type)

Scizor:
Technician 88.587% | | Light Metal 7.108% | | Swarm 4.305%
Scizorite 38.224%

Don't Use:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Abillity: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn / Superpower

Technician may seem like a great idea to give any Scizor, since Technician is the move that makes Scizor the great pokemon it is. However, it just is not a good idea to give to a Scizor you plan on Mega evolving, because, like most offensive abilities, they are usually outclassed by more defensive abilities simply because your going to be mega evolving on the first turn you get the chance too. While there are exceptions to this rule, Scizor is not one of them. Also, due to the fact that Technicain is normally such a great ability, Mega Alakazam can abuse this to power up it's Hidden Power and become a very strong threat. When considering all of this, why not give it a more defensive ability like

Use this Instead:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Abillity: Light Metal
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn / Superpower

Now this is the ability that you should be using if you plan on using Mega Scizor. While it usually wont help that much, the weight drop can prove to be very helpful if you plan to switch into a Pokemon that is going to use Low Kick. While this is a somewhat uncommon scenario, it still makes Light Metal a not completely useless unlike Technician, which you will never see having any use, since Mega Scizor also gets that ability

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
(Note that this applies to all Mega Scizor sets, I just did the defog set just because it's the easiest to type)

Scizor:
Technician 88.587% | | Light Metal 7.108% | | Swarm 4.305%
Scizorite 38.224%

Don't Use:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Abillity: Technician
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn / Superpower

Technician may seem like a great idea to give any Scizor, since Technician is the move that makes Scizor the great pokemon it is. However, it just is not a good idea to give to a Scizor you plan on Mega evolving, because, like most offensive abilities, they are usually outclassed by more defensive abilities simply because your going to be mega evolving on the first turn you get the chance too. While there are exceptions to this rule, Scizor is not one of them. So why not give it a more defensive ability like

Use this Instead:

Scizor @ Scizorite
Abillity: Light Metal
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn / Superpower

Now this is the ability that you should be using if you plan on using Mega Scizor. While it usually wont help that much, the weight drop can prove to be very helpful if you plan to switch into a Pokemon that is going to use Low Kick. While this is a somewhat uncommon scenario, it still makes Light Metal a nto completely useless unlike Technician, which you will never see having any use, since Mega Scizor also gets that ability
This is actually pretty good but you forgot the important aspect of Trace mons not copying Technician, Hidden Power using M-Alakazam being the big one.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
This is actually pretty good but you forgot the important aspect of Trace mons not copying Technician, Hidden Power using M-Alakazam being the big one.
Mega Scizor OHKOs Gardevoir with Bullet Punch and Porygon2 isn't really relevant in OU, but added a mention Mega Alakazam

No one is going to directly switch their Gardevoir/Mega Alakazam into a Scizor, and even in an 1vs1 they would switch out, because they lose to Bullet Punch. Plus, Hidden Power is not that common on Zam and almost nonexistent on Gardevoir and Porygon2, meaning that they would rather trace Light Metal. I mean Scizor pre mega ability is already VERY situational, but the scenario you described will almost never happen.

Don't use this:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Substitute / Taunt / Icy Wind

Why it's bad:

I see a lot of people constantly recommending Sludge Bomb over Sludge Wave for Pokemon who can learn both moves. I understand the theory behind it. Taking a very slight hit to power in exchange for a 30% chance of poisoning the opponent is actually a better idea in many situations, as poison will almost always add more damage in the long run, and will absolutely ruin setup sweepers that can't get rid of it. However, there's a reason why it's not a good idea to just use a blanket recommendation of one move over another. In certain cases, there might be specific reasons why the move you're advocating against is actually necessary. Such is the case with Gengar. Take a look at Gengar's three non-slashed moves. Notice anything? In case you don't I'll explain. All three of those moves are blocked by Bulletproof. If Gengar runs Sludge Bomb, it will have no move capable of hitting Chesnaught, a Pokemon who is currently very popular on balanced teams, at all, unless it's running Icy Wind, which can only 2HKO Chesnaught, giving Chesnaught a free turn to set up Spikes or Leech Seed, or whatever else.

Instead, use this:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute / Taunt / Icy Wind

Why it's better:

Uh, well, because Chesnaught can't force it to switch out and cost the team momentum, or get a turn to set something up if Gengar's at least running Icy Wind? Really though, no one should ever be recommending Sludge Bomb for use on Gengar, and yet I see it happening way too often. Sludge Wave should always be Gengar's Poison STAB attack.

Don't use this:

Manectric @ ManectriciteAbility: Lightining Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flametrower
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch
Why it's bad:

I see a lot of people use Flametrower, becuase it can be used many times without SpA Drop. but you lose many important OHKOs. An Examples is Ferrothorn, you have only a 25% to OHKO it, at the Time Ferro Sets Hazards like Stealth rocks or Spikes other examples are: Magnezone, Assault vest Bisharp and Excadrill of you can OHKO Manectric with Earthquake. but Magnezone isn't very dangerous for Manectric but it can already do some damage.

Instead, use this:

Manectric @ Manectricite
Ability: Lightining Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Init
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch

Why It is better:

Overheat has a Power of 130! So it can OHKO all Steel Types in OU after Stealth Rock Damage, except Heatran. Other like Metagross have a little chance to survive the Attack.

I don't really agree with that. Flamethrower is cool for cleaning up weakened steel types and not being forced out after one attack, also is nice to clean up late-game and you don't have to worry about it missing. Plus everything you target with Overheat, you 2HKO with Flamethrower on the switch, and can't outspeed unless priority, and the only steel types with priority are Scizor(lol), Bisharp, and Metagross. The latter two are really relevant in the meta, yes, but I can't really say AV Bisharp is common, and Megagross is just 2HKOed if no BP

EDIT: Either way, welcome to Smogon Jirachi25

Last edited:
| Adamant:0/252/0/0/4/252 48.247% | Really?

Don't use this

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Fire Punch

Why it's bad:

Now don't get me wrong diggersby is a pretty good choice for offense and it is really strong. Also I can see the appeal in adamant providing a power buff but in reality you shouldn't use adamant on it. Why is that you may ask? Well many things creep for jolly bisharp and those things that creep jolly bisharp outrun adamant diggersby and some of them can hurt it badly by burning it or dealing massive damage to it. While mega cross isn't common jolly mega cross which is standard for it is now used a lot more often for when you run mega heracross it outruns diggersby because it uses jolly.

Use this instead:

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Fire Punch

Why it's better:

Unlike adamant diggersby this doesn't lose to the things that outrun jolly bisharp since they don't often creep for jolly diggersby especially since bunny is not exactly too common. Plus of all the things in the 70-79 speed tier diggersby needs to adjust to this change for none of the things mentioned in why adamant is bad to happen and most things that creep jolly sharp don't creep jolly bunny as mentioned before.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
| Adamant:0/252/0/0/4/252 48.247% | Really?

Don't use this

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Fire Punch

Why it's bad:

Now don't get me wrong diggersby is a pretty good choice for offense and it is really strong. Also I can see the appeal in adamant providing a power buff but in reality you shouldn't use adamant on it. Why is that you may ask? Well many things creep for jolly bisharp and those things that creep jolly bisharp outrun adamant diggersby and some of them can hurt it badly by burning it or dealing massive damage to it. While mega cross isn't common jolly mega cross which is standard for it is now used a lot more often for when you run mega heracross it outruns diggersby because it uses jolly.

Use this instead:

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Fire Punch

Why it's better:

Unlike adamant diggersby this doesn't lose to the things that outrun jolly bisharp since they don't often creep for jolly diggersby especially since bunny is not exactly too common. Plus of all the things in the 70-79 speed tier diggersby needs to adjust to this change for none of the things mentioned in why adamant is bad to happen and most things that creep jolly sharp don't creep jolly bunny as mentioned before.
Eh I don't like this one at all. You're trying to justify what is more of a team specific asset in nature that has really nothing to do with how one is actually better than the other. For example the Gengar one made since for the sake of the small change necessary to get past a blockade if using Sludge Bomb. It's also weird cause you're using a set that's once again team specific in that Jolly is nice for certain speed creep benchmarks more so it's overall effectiveness. Don't get me wrong Jolly is nice and all but I wouldn't go as far to say that it's vastly superior to the point where it should be said not to use Adamant.

Dont use this

Meowstic-M @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave/ Yawn
- Psychic/ Thunder Wave
While having prankster and dual screens, Meowstic is simply outclassed by many mons in the OU metagame. While mewostic in vgc may be able to support its team mates better, along with using moves like swagger, in OU, it simply does not get the job done like it wish it could in other metagames.

Instead, use this

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Fairy Lock/ Magnet Rise/ Spikes
- Foul Play
Klefki is a mon that can do meowstics job much better. Its typing, fairy steel, makes it easier for it to set up its screens. Along with that, if you decide to use magnet rise, its now immune to ground moves, making it weak to fire only. Plus, the keys has spikes, so if you decide to use this mon on H/O, you now have a mon that can set up hazards and screens, making it much easier for a set up sweeper to punch through the opponent.

Or, use these

Last edited:
Even then, I really don't like the Gengar example at all either. That post seems to be working on the agreement that Sludge Bomb is the superior move in most cases, with the only caveat being that it leaves you walled by Chesnaught. The problem here is that Chesnaught isn't even that common, certainly not a "very popular" Pokemon like Darth Darkrai implies. According to last month's 1825 usage stats, Chesnaught only saw 1.76% usage, which isn't even low OU levels of usage. In the first weekend of Smogon Tour, it was only used 1.36% of the time. Worst of all is SPL, during which it has only been used once according to the most recent stats. Best case scenario among these is the upper OU ladder, in which case you're still running an inferior Poison STAB ~98% of the time if you pick Sludge Wave. Not only that, but even with Sludge Bomb, that Gengar set still has ways of dealing with Chesnaught. Icy Wind 2HKOs on the switch or 2HKOs in a 1v1 situation while Chesnaught can't do too much back. Sure, they might get one free turn to use Leech Seed or Spikes, but they also lose a valuable defensive Pokemon in the process. Not exactly a small price to pay. If they aren't running a Grass STAB (the majority don't), then you can also Taunt it and stall it out of its Drain Punch PP, so you still win 1v1. You might also have one or more things elsewhere on your team that can switch easily into Chesnaught or even take advantage of it, in which case you don't necessarily need for Gengar itself to be able to KO Chesnaught. I get the draw of being able to OHKO it with Gengar at a moment's notice, but I also think that the inability to beat Chesnaught with your Poison STAB is nowhere near enough of a detriment to say that Gengar should always run Sludge Wave. I'd put it right up there with Jolly Diggersby as a mere preference that is nice to have for certain teams but is also far from mandatory.

AM

LCPL Champion
Advocating to get walled by Chesnaught is just silly when you literally finish it off clean with Sludge Wave. Pikachu has 100% win rate in SPL as well so the whole statistic argument only holds so much weight.

Just like advocating to be outsped by Timid Heatran and such is silly when you can outspeed and OHKO it with Jolly Diggersby's Earthquake. The only problem is that some teams have no problem with Heatran (and other things in that speed range) whatsoever, and they might appreciate 10% more power on their Diggersby sets more than the extra speed. Similar case for Gengar. Heck, as I've already explained, having Sludge Bomb still doesn't necessarily mean that Chesnaught walls you. The set mentioned has slashes for both Icy Wind, which 2HKOs Chesnaught, and Taunt, which beats mono-attackers with Drain Punch.

Also, I said nothing about win rates. I honestly find that to be a pointless statistic in the first place because a Pokemon's 5 teammates generally deserve just as much credit for a win and as much blame for a loss, and a lot of it also has to do with which players are using which Pokemon and how good those players are. There's just way too many factors to take into account to deduce that a win rate says anything concrete about a Pokemon, but I digress. What I'm talking about is usage statistics, and when talking about which threats you need to prepare for, they are extremely relevant. I could see Sludge Wave being near mandatory if Chesnaught had as much usage as Gliscor or something, but it doesn't. It doesn't even hit 2% usage in any of the battling mediums I mentioned, and I honestly find it silly to state that you should never use an ordinarily superior move because of one measly Pokemon who you're statistically likely to see in less than 1 in 50 battles and who you still have other ways to beat besides running Sludge Wave.

EDIT @ Below: The extra damage from poison will more than make up for the loss of just 5 base power, and you get a better chance for that poison with Sludge Bomb. And Clefable just gets slammed by Sludge Bomb regardless of poison lol.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sludge Wave is better because it does more damage and prevents you from getting walled by Chesnaught. If you're fishing for Poison with Sludge Bomb you're doing it wrong anyway since you want stuff dead, not status'd.

Also because Clefable likes to run Magic Guard and is effectively immune to Poison anyway.

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As seen in last month's 1695 stats, the vast majority of Sylveon are running a poor EV spread.

Don't use this:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature

- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Why it's bad: With that massive, sexy base 130 SpD, it's clear why a lot of ladder players would want to maximize it, thereby making Sylveon one of the most specially bulky in the game (looking at you, Chansey). Here's the problem: Sylveon is already specially bulky enough to be tanking all necessary special hits. Thus, it doesn't need investment there. In fact, it needs investment in its otherwise rather low physical bulk in order to do any sort of viable walling.

Instead, use this:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature

- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Why it's better: With investment in Sylveon's physical bulk, it will now be able to counter, rather than simply check, various physical attackers and Psyshock users. To put this in perspective:
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Sylveon: 165-196 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 242-286 (61.4 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
That's right; Specially Defensive Sylveon cannot counter the mighty Latios- it merely checks it. It already counters special attackers well enough; overkill is not necessary. By turning Sylveon into a mixed wall, you are taking full advantage of its decent offenses and godly defensive typing.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
As seen in last month's 1695 stats, the vast majority of Sylveon are running a poor EV spread.

Don't use this:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature

- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Why it's bad: With that massive, sexy base 130 SpD, it's clear why a lot of ladder players would want to maximize it, thereby making Sylveon one of the most specially bulky in the game (looking at you, Chansey). Here's the problem: Sylveon is already specially bulky enough to be tanking all necessary special hits. Thus, it doesn't need investment there. In fact, it needs investment in its otherwise rather low physical bulk in order to do any sort of viable walling.

Instead, use this:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature

- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Why it's better: With investment in Sylveon's physical bulk, it will now be able to counter, rather than simply check, various physical attackers and Psyshock users. To put this in perspective:
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Sylveon: 165-196 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 242-286 (61.4 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
That's right; Specially Defensive Sylveon cannot counter the mighty Latios- it merely checks it. It already counters special attackers well enough; overkill is not necessary. By turning Sylveon into a mixed wall, you are taking full advantage of its decent offenses and godly defensive typing.
Bold is still 2HKO'd by Latios after Rocks but it's still way better. Also, doesn't it run some speed to creep uninvested T-Tar?

Empress

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bold is still 2HKO'd by Latios after Rocks but it's still way better. Also, doesn't it run some speed to creep uninvested T-Tar?
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Sylveon: 165-196 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- 26.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
If I were the Sylveon user, I would use Protect first in order to make that 26.6% chance go away. Also, CM and Specs Sylveon are the sets that run speed creep on T-Tar; Cleric Sylveon does not.

0 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 252-296 (84.2 - 98.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Latios doesnt like staying in on sylveon, life orb gets OHKO'd most of the time and sylveon can use wish/protect shenanigans heal up.

Well, this is as good as a day for this as any.

Don't Use This:

Magikarp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bounce
- Flail
- Tackle
- Hydro Pump

Magikarp's good Water/Flying/Normal coverage and high base power moves may look appealing, but being forced to rely on mixed attacks and getting down to 1HP means that Magikarp is weak and unreliable. It's predictable too, because Magikarp's movepool is limited to the above set and Splash. All for, what, being able to 2HKO Heracross?

Use This Instead:

Feebas @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Haze
- Hypnosis / Hidden Power Grass

Feebas simply offers more utility than Magikarp as well as greater power. An Adaptability-boosted Scald combines the power of Hydro Pump with one of the best secondary effects in the game, and can 1HKO Rhyperior and Mega Camerupt after a layer of Spikes. Ice Beam 2HKOs specially defensive Gliscor after a layer of Stealth Rock; Magikarp is forced to give up Focus Sash and hope Hydro Pump hits twice. Its support movepool is a bit scarce, but simply having one puts it leagues above Magikarp, and it can put a stop to setup sweepers with Haze and/or Hypnosis.

Last edited:
Don't use this:

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Defog
-Roost

Latias is used over Latios because of its better special bulk and HW.This allows it to be a better check to pokemon like CharY,Keldeo,Landorus-I and Thundurus better than Latios.While the 252 SpA 252 Spe is far from unviable,the set below allows it to take advantage of its SpD stat and check threats better.

Instead,use this:

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 184 SpA / 252 Spe / 72 HP
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Psyshock
-Defog
-Roost/Healing Wish

The HP investment is for surviving 2 LO HP Ice from Thundurus-I and it gives it an LO number(takes 9% per move compared to 10%).It also OHKOs Landorus-T after SR.

I feel that the max spa max speed set is kinda wasted on Latias because the point of using Latias over Latios is to check the aforementioned threats better and Latias isn't used to hit hard anyway.YoyYou might as well go for Latios if you prefer a hard hitter

Last edited:

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A simple max max spread on Latias is not unviable at all. The only use 72 HP has is avoiding the 2HKO from Life Orb Thundurus's Hidden Power Ice (and LO number iirc), and that doesn't work anyway if you have already taken a round of Life Orb recoil. Especially sets without Roost (most sets because Healing Wish is just so good) are better off without 72 HP as they get worn down so fast that the 72 HP will almost never see use. If you only meant this for sets with Roost then okay, but then you might want to expand on your post a bit lol.

Empress

0 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 252-296 (84.2 - 98.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Latios doesnt like staying in on sylveon, life orb gets OHKO'd most of the time and sylveon can use wish/protect shenanigans heal up.
Definitely true, but Sylveon can switch in on Latios if it's physically defensive, allowing it to counter him. Specially defensive Sylveon can only check Lati.

Also here's another one that I found on way too many Gliscor.

Don't use this:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Facade
- Earthquake

Why it's bad: Just... no. Facade is one of the worst moves you could possibly put on Gliscor. It may seem tempting because the move rises to 140 power thanks to toxic poison, but Earthquake hits decently hard already (150 power thanks to STAB, compared to Facade's 140) and has super effective coverage on several relevant mons. Facade has no SE coverage and its neutral coverage isn't much better, if at all, than that of EQ either. Moreover, Gliscor should not be used in an offensive role; it is a defensive, stally Pokemon.

Instead, use this:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off / Toxic
- Earthquake

Why it's better: If you're gonna use Gliscor right, you need to give it some utility. Toxic maximizes Gliscor's stalling potential by slowly wearing down opposing Pokemon, while Knock Off is an alternative attack that deals decent damage while providing item removal. Either one of these moves far outclasses what Facade can do for Gliscor.

Edit: Scratch this; apparently it is a viable move.

Last edited:

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can't say I ever used Facade but the fact that is a slash on the analysis in progress and that multiple good players have used it with success should say enough. :I

Definitely true, but Sylveon can switch in on Latios if it's physically defensive, allowing it to counter him. Specially defensive Sylveon can only check Lati.

Also here's another one that I found on way too many Gliscor.

Don't use this:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Facade
- Earthquake

Why it's bad: Just... no. Facade is one of the worst moves you could possibly put on Gliscor. It may seem tempting because the move rises to 140 power thanks to toxic poison, but Earthquake hits decently hard already (150 power thanks to STAB, compared to Facade's 140) and has super effective coverage on several relevant mons. Facade has no SE coverage and its neutral coverage isn't much better, if at all, than that of EQ either. Moreover, Gliscor should not be used in an offensive role; it is a defensive, stally Pokemon.

Instead, use this:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off / Toxic
- Earthquake

Why it's better: If you're gonna use Gliscor right, you need to give it some utility. Toxic maximizes Gliscor's stalling potential by slowly wearing down opposing Pokemon, while Knock Off is an alternative attack that deals decent damage while providing item removal. Either one of these moves far outclasses what Facade can do for Gliscor.
Actually Facade has gotten pretty extensive use by tour players so thats not exactly right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)