Don't Waste EVs!

I found a minor, uh, quirk here. Before I start, I'd like to mention that I'm finding this extremly uselful to calculate my EVs.

Now, using this I came up with the following EV spread for a Cranidos (@ lvl 5 for Petit Cup):

236 Atk/ 116 Def/ 132 Speed

With Adamant nature, the resulting stats are:

23 Hp/ 24 Atk/ 12 Def/ 14 Spd/ 8 Satk/ 9 Sdef

Now, the program shows that the fixed EVs are 224 Atk/ 116 Def/ 132 Spd. The problem is, going a single EV below 236 lowers Cranidos's attack from 24 to 23. If I do set his EV to 224, it now recommends 152, which further lowers his Atk. And setting his EVs to 152 results in this fixing to 76.

If this works exactly as I think it does, shouldn't it just stay at 236 as the optimum number to retain my attack stat and save EVs?

Sarenji

leaf-faced
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
New version uploaded. See first post to download it. EDIT: Only the offline, downloadable version, though.

Alright, I got back from reading Harry Potter 7, so I've gotten to fixing these problems. Sorry for the extreme delay.

Cerivious, thanks for telling me about that, Deoxys-F's special attack was listed as 80 instead of 180. I just hope the spreadsheet I used to calculate the base stats from doesn't have any more mistakes.

Beowulf, thanks. I talked to X-Act, and he helped fix something in my formula, a logic error (missed a ceil, for those programmers out there). Fixed it. So I must give a big thanks to X-Act!

I hope everything is accurate/works now! But if it doesn't, once again, don't hesitate to tell me.

Here, Firefox seems to hang when I load the web version.
When I try the Jar, I get a segfault.

I am using gij, 4:4.1.2-1ubuntu1.

I would love to look at the source to see how things are done, too. Not that I want to spread it across the net claiming it's mine or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)