Don't Waste EVs!

Sarenji

leaf-faced
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This requires Java 1.5. Also contains Diamond/Pearl Pokémon - helpful for those of you who are making a Diamond/Pearl team.

http://www.geocities.com/xactcreations/FixEVs.htm (graciously hosted by X-Act!)

Please tell me if there are bugs or errors.

And please remember, this is not just an EV fixer! It allows you to calculate D/P Pokémon stats, as well.

The executable, offline version.
(.JAR file in a .ZIP file. Meaning, you still need Java. Also attached to this post.)

Screenshot:

Attachments

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nice applet. And it works, too. :]

For those of you who don't have a clue as to what does this applet do, it fixes your EVs correctly so that you use your 510 EVs to their full potential.

I found a bug, i think. I put hardy aerodactyl with 255 attack and speed, choose fix and insert, it turned my nature to jolly and.. made it have 154 (i think) speed and put rest in special attack >_>

Sarenji

leaf-faced
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That's because the EV fixer makes you have exactly the same stats (give or take one or two), just with less EVs. A Jolly nature makes you save more EVs. It puts EVs into Special Attack because it is attaining the same stats, so you really saved more EVs.

Hey, great.
PS: insteat of just putting it in spatk, just show the ev's left...
PS2: downloadable version?
PS3: i got "your evs are fine" in every pokemon...
PS4: nice design.
PS5: there's no PS6.

It would be nice if you could specify level... then you could use it to find ivs and stats given certain ev spreads etc for in game battling. The sites I use to find IVs don't really allow this as far as I know.

Aside from that though, what exactly is the point of it? To make sure your evs are divisible by 4?

Sarenji

leaf-faced
Aside from that though, what exactly is the point of it? To make sure your evs are divisible by 4?
No, it sees if you are wasting EVs. For example, if you give Aerodactyl a Hardy Nature and 255 Speed EVs, the applet will save you 59 EVs - it will tell you to use Jolly, 124 Speed EVs, and 72 SpAtk EVs to achieve the same stats it would have had previously (just with less EVs), and since Aerodactyl doesn't need Special Attack, you really save 72 more EVs. I let it add SpAtk EVs just in case someone, perhaps for a different Pokémon, wants the same stats, just with less/fixed EVs.

You can also use this applet to find the EVs that you want for Diamond/Pearl Pokémon. L100, so far.

It would be nice if you could specify level... then you could use it to find ivs and stats given certain ev spreads etc for in game battling. The sites I use to find IVs don't really allow this as far as I know.
Okay, I could do that later.

PS: insteat of just putting it in spatk, just show the ev's left...
I don't understand that. What do you mean?
PS2: downloadable version?
Nope, I wouldn't know how.
PS3: i got "your evs are fine" in every pokemon...
Er, is it not supposed to?
PS4: nice design.
Thanks.

Sarenji

leaf-faced
Updated the applet for Level support. The level box's in the top-right corner. Just a notice: If you fix EVs on a lower level, you'll save more EVs because at lower levels, multiple EVs can lead to the same stat. This is not the case if you level it up to L100, though, since different EVs can no longer lead to the same stat.

I would like an option to select Ivs for the stats though, since obviously ingame they wont always be flawless.
Can't you already? The "31" boxes are the IVs.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
GGFan, I have some good news.
"I'm getting unbanned from Smogon?"
No, I just saved a bunch of EVs on my Pokemon team!

Updated the applet for Level support. The level box's in the top-right corner. Just a notice: If you fix EVs on a lower level, you'll save more EVs because at lower levels, multiple EVs can lead to the same stat. This is not the case if you level it up to L100, though, since different EVs can no longer lead to the same stat.

Can't you already? The "31" boxes are the IVs.
Oops. I was talking about X-Acts defence applet.

Yeah nice one. I used to help people all the time (on other forums) telling them they are wasting EVs due to nature. I've had people with pokemon that appear to have fine natures but then end up wasting 80 EVs.

Works just as good as the online version, which is great.

Also I'm not actually currently using this for EV fixing, but moreso for finding out exact stat points for my ingame team! Currently this is the only place available that can customise D/P pogeys (like netbattle can), so I can work out how many EV's my Azelf with 29 Speed IV needs to reach X speed etc.

Very useful :>

Thank you for this applet =]. This is extremely helpful, seeing as how I used a very complicated formula to determine how many EVs I needed for the new pokemon if using a +nature and such.

This is very useful and I really appreciate the time you spent making it! However, I did notice one bug (I think) when EV training my team recently. It seems that the base Speed stat used for Cresselia is incorrect.

I entered my Calm Cresselia's speed IV of 21 and EVs of 0, and it said its speed at level 100 is 176. However, it's actually 196. I double checked with Serebii's calculator, and it agreed with my 196 number. I was using the online version, btw

Just thought you might want to know this...

Sarenji

leaf-faced
Thanks for that! It seems that I had an incorrect base Speed for Cresselia - 75 instead of 85. It's fixed now for both versions.

If you find any other errors for base stat stuff like these, please tell me so I can fix it ASAP!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)