Don't you love stall? [RMT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well, Pyroak just came out. Of course, being a mod on the server, I had to make a team. I had already put it on my Revenankh team, but it didn't work very well. Then I decided to make a team around it. I decided on a stall team, focused on status, hazards, and slowing the other team down. Here it is:

Tomb of Doom (Spiritomb) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/140 Atk/116 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Will-o-wisp
---
This thing should be given WAY more credit. It may be slow and have low HP, but all the better for Pain Split. Takes care of Blissey and random stat-uppers that others can't. Also cripples leads with W-o-W.

Greased Lightning (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/32 Spd/220 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Metal Sound
---
Wait, HP Flying? Not Ice/Grass? Yes. Hai Syclant, Revenankh, and Pyroak. This is a beast. Metal Sound helps me force switches, because of this little buddy right here...

Shell Game (Cloyster) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 HP/56 Atk/200 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Icicle Spear
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
---
This is the most underrated spinner IMO. Skill Link Icicle Spear OHKO's the dragons, and hits through a Garchomp sub, though this shouldn't take repeated Stone Edges. Which brings me to my next pokemon...

Machampion (Machamp) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Stone Edge
---
Absorbs status and Stone Edges, which my team HATES. Dynamicpunch also helps spread some more status, which can build up on top of Poison, Burn, or Leech Seed. This is kinda a weak link, as I need something that can take status, and Rock attacks and be a physical attacker (Hint: Maybe Metagross?). Still, I needed something to take Special attacks which brings me to...

Round and Brown (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 148 HP/252 Def/8 Spd/100 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Softboiled
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground]
---
I had Grass Knot on a previous build (my SundayBliss), but found that i would often come in on a Heatran, take an attack, and switch out. I put HP Ground on there to prevent this. CM to go with the whole "Stall/Slow Paced" theme. This brings me to my last pokemon...

Mariguana (Pyroak) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP/136 Def/88 Spd/32 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Flamethrower
- Rest
- Grass Knot
---
Don't give me that "Pyroak is BL and it sucks" shit. It's not and it doesn't. This thing walls HARD. And i mean HARD. Like stare down a Suicune, take 50% from a +2 Surf and kill with Grass Knot hard. I like the whole "SubSeed" idea, but it's better left to Breloom/Sceptile. This is meant to take a hit, deal damage, and get out, not sweep by the way.

So there you have it. I'm thinking I'm MixApe weak, but I haven't seen one yet. Rate/Hate.

I would probably get an aneurysm fighting this team. All of the full-blown stall we've come to expect, none of the filler.

P.S. Look at that name, wonder where I've seen that before?
See, all of you supporters (and un-supporters) of everyones favorite burnable plant can have your cake and eat it too!

What i would recommend is make your blissey a wishbliss. It would give support to the rest of your team, and would help out cloyster who lacks a recovery move, and since he's your main rapid spinner, i would try to keep him alive as long as possible. Or, if you don't like wishbliss, you can try jarachi, who could work as a better starter and lay down some stealthrocks. It would also be a good counter for an outraging garchomp, who could otherwise cause a huge dent in this team.
Now, you already mentioned you're rock weak, and thats y u have machamp, but you're gonna have to worry about stealth rock aswell, which takes out 25% of half your teams hp, one of which is your reliable rapid spinner. I'm not sure what exactly to do to fix that problem, but it is something to take a look over.
Finally, i'd take a look at some phasers that could shuffle around your opponents team and deal some damage with spikes. something like hippodown (who, with sandstream, can help in dealing damage while stalling), suicune, or vaporeon (who can also help with wish support).
Anyway, those are my suggestions. hope anything i said helped!

Gyarados looks like he could be very problematic for this team, considering all you can really do is try to scare him off with Machamp or Leech Seed him with Pyroak and hope he dies. I think this problem could be remedied quite a bit by adding Stealth Rock somewhere on the team. With Stealh Rock out, you severly limit the amount of times Gyarados can come in, and Leech Seed damage will take its toll that much faster. It also makes a sweeper Gyarados holding a Life Orb, which otherwise would really rampage through your team, much easier to deal with, as Life Orb + Stealth Rock means he can only switch in like twice. Stealth Rock also helps Pyroak's Grass Knot kill Gyarados faster.

I mean, I suppose you might be able to get around Gyarados as long as you play Machamp and Pyroak very smartly, but it seems like he's alot more of a problem than he should be, because he can just keep launching Waterfalls and Stone Edges with no consequences. I'm not sure how exactly you would fit Stealth Rock onto your team, but at any rate I think it would be extremely beneficial to do so.

I'm pretty sure Zapdos can come in when it does, and then threaten it out with a HP [Flying], but I dunno what a +2 Flamethrower does to that, though.

Maybe Revenankh over Machamp, it takes hits better and also blocks rapid spin which defeats your team anyway and can pose a greater threat in the long run which in keeps with your team.

That is unless you want the ability to take Tyranitar more effectively. Personally, I run more defence on Machamp to help it take hits otherwise its too fragile to function properly.

Stone Edge Gyara pretty much terrifies your team, and comes in 100% on Blissey and 90% on Spiritomb and Cloyster. Lava Plume over Flamethrower on pyro may help in a pinch with a hax burn.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
points well taken. I've made some changes but i can't post them here right now since i dont have them with me. I like the Jirachi idea, i wouldn't have thought of that since i was going to use metagross>machamp and revvy>spiritomb and have metagross as my lead.

EDIT: i also replaced Donphan for Cloyster

I forget my exact spread, but I used a defnesively EV'd CM Mesprit once, and it seems as though ti would really be in keeping with this team. Decent speed and stats all around, good coverage, and it can take some hits for sure. Lacks Taunt though, so status may be a problem on it...

The other thing you may want to try is a CM Sub Mismagius. I find it works very well, with an immunity to ground and its ability to CM up and take out Blissey. You could even run an unconventional one with SBall/TBolt/Status/HP Fight or Pain Split, to give you some status and SAtk. A tanky EV spread, and you will be surprised by what Missy can take.

tennisace

Could someone now lock this, seeing as i've changed the team a bit then gave up on it completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)