DotA

and the people pumping bfury/skadi (.......)
The main reason to get Skadi on the build I mentioned is to have enough mana to use ulti twice as well as for activating Refresher Orb in-between. I can usually farm up both Skadi and Refresher Orb in 32 mins.

Anyway, to try to keep the thread alive, here's a pretty cool Necrolyte game I've just had for anyone who's interested. Map is 6.62, patch is 1.24b.

Sentinel:
Undying
Dragon Knight
Pit Lord
Lich (left at like 45 mins or so)
Syllabear (he wasn't playing that well but eh, kind of alright for a pubbie)

Scourge:
Yurnero (he got disconnected at level 6)
Axe
Enigma
Clockwerk Goblin
Necrolyte (me)

Got some nice early kills, then they started going together, so a lot of team clashes have occurred, which usually ended in our favor thanks to Black Hole and Berserk Call. Game ended in 59 mins. At end had Aghanim, Guinsoo, Refresher Orb, Boots Of Travel. Have fun watching.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tzxinzj2zjz

QoP, Balanar, Huskar and Nessaj buffs are interesting

TC, Undying, Bat, Ench nerfs were needed

NA needs Dagon (interesting that Dagon got buffed a bit) more than ever to be able to gank alone with his Mana Burn being nerfed, which is really only good against Obsidian late-game or something

and finally Gondar is no longer difficult to click on

ive played it

i stopped playing though so ive only got map 6.59

its actually pretty good playing the game 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 battles are pretty kool get to gank and use characters together like a support character and a solo character

I've only had a chance to play maybe once a week since I got to Baltimore.

Anybody looked through the changelog yet?

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
QoP, Balanar, Huskar and Nessaj buffs are interesting

TC, Undying, Bat, Ench nerfs were needed

NA needs Dagon (interesting that Dagon got buffed a bit) more than ever to be able to gank alone with his Mana Burn being nerfed, which is really only good against Obsidian late-game or something

and finally Gondar is no longer difficult to click on
I think the nerf to Enchantress may have been a touch heavy-handed considering just how massive 24 STR over the game is.

I really like the nerf to NA, considering just how fucking ridiculous he was as far as early game heroes go. He got just a general rebalance, since he is effectively more powerful late in exchange for less powerful earlier.

Consider that each point of INT gives 13 points of Mana. Effectively, this means that instead of a fixed amount, NA burns ~30% of the target's mana pool. The burn doesn't balance out against original Mana Burn until the opponent has 65 INT, which makes NA much more effective against INT heroes earlygame now. It also might put a little more emphasis on flat mana items for some heroes when facing NA.

In an interesting side note, this means that NA is much less of a hard counter to Skeleton King, now that his Mana Burn is dramatically weaker.

I like the balancing of Anti-Mage. The +80 HP early helps a lot, and by the time it's lategame and the "nerf" has actually begun to take its toll, AM should have stuff like Vanguard to not die like a bitch.

I like the balancing of Heart of Tarrasque. For those who didn't read, it regens 2% of your HP per second when not in battle. This means that Heart of Tarrasque is still the same great tanking item, giving top-notch survivability, but it now gives the bonus that during lane transitions, you can exit middle lane, run over to top lane (or bottom lane), and be solidly healed by the time you get there.

Yet another sidegrade/buff to Curse of the Silent and Battle Hunger. What's the chance it'll take this time?

Among the more interesting small balance changes:

Viper got slowed down, making him slightly less effective at chasing or entering battle (as well as fleeing).

Rhasta has a significantly higher CD on the mass wards.

Nightstalker's Void now slows for half duration during the day (2 seconds). Still not especially useful, but also not entirely useless.

Bear's Entangle is now a Net (allows attacking), but does 50% more damage. This means that Melee heroes have a chance to kill the bear, while ranged heroes can simply attack Sylla and possibly kill him as well.

Lina now has 68 bonus starting mana, making it easier for her to chain her spells early. Slick.

Centaur's Double-Edge now has no manacost, making his mana management much easier. All he needs mana for is Stomp.

Finally, ITEMS

Mjollnir is now a better Strength Hero item than Agility Hero item. It is now Maelstrom + Hyperstone, and gives +70 IAS, +24 damage, and the previous abilities. If you're tired of getting Cuirass for your offensive STR hero, grab a Mjollnir and watch your DPS fly. Also, it now lets STR heroes carry their own awesome Static Charge.

Reworking of all the boots. Boots of Travel get +5 MS, making them solidly the best movespeed item in the game. Power Treads no longer require Gloves of Haste, and give either 10 STR, 13 AGI, or 16 INT, making them optimal caster boots (or boots for people that don't need attack speed). They also give +70 MS now. Finally, Phase Boots traded their armor for Attack Speed, and now require Gloves of Haste. Final boosts are +60 MS, +12 Damage, and +30 AS.

Dagon manacost lowered by 65 at every level, making it significantly less of a drain. Still sucks, though.

I really like that grip now costs 100 more mana, making it not quite as easily usable by bane players who are low on mana. Early game I can see bane having to choose one or two of his spells to use, but not all 3.

Brood slightly coming back? 80% lifesteal is insane, especially with the lowered CD. Really, if any Brood really didn't need Vlads before, it's just plain extreme overkill now.

I personally love playing centaur and spamming Double Edge in the laning phase, and the no mana cost is exiting. As centaur, one would often run out of mana quickly with my playstyle. However, needing mana only for stomp now allows for better items and easier blinking. Furthermore with the buff to heart 400 damage is very little to centaur. Especially if he gets a hood.

Clockwork nerf for some reason. It's slight, but I didn't really feel like he needed to be nerfed at all.

Seer Wall can't be used for pushes as well now.

With Prophet tele CD reduced and a global cast range for his ult, he eliminates the need for hard chasers.

I don't get the Berserker's Blood change. Does this mean it can give a level 13 buff?

Lich is faster and I love Lich quite a lot. Doesn't change much, but is helpful.

Rhasta got nerfed bad. He needs his wards to solo kill, and being able to use them on almost 2 minute intervals is devastating for him.

Sandstorm just became ridiculously spammable. Ice Frog is big on Silencer. TC finally got a good nerf in his ult and spirit. MoM got a boost, and thusly so did Void. I can see a Mjollnir/MoM Void doing some serious damage.

Bloodstone got nerfed up the ass for heroes who made excellent use of the HP regen, like Necrolite.

The new kill streak time is ridiculous. It just doesn't fit well with me.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A couple things.

First, the buff to Berserker's Blood means that it procs up to 14 times, maxing out at -98% HP.

Second, Prophet looks awesome with the buffs.

Third, Sandstorm will be a poor ability regardless of its "spammability". Early game, it makes it easy to deny hard against him. It doesn't allow movement, so you can't use it to escape well. Finally, it is useless in combat. 80 DPS in a small area is iffy at best. The only advantage it gives really is the visibility fuck.

I doubt Mjoll will be run on Void. He's WAY too fragile to stand around whacking someone to death with his little stick arms, especially if he uses MoM.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
DOUBLE POST

Okay, so Princesspower from Shoddy hooked me up with a beta for Heroes of Newerth, and it is absolutely goddamn amazing. Knocks DotA absolutely out of the park. Among awesome stuff.

1: Many heroes completely ported over, such as Legionnaire (Axe), Jereziah (Omniknight), Magebane (Antimage), Hammerstorm (Sven) etc. I'd say that 80% of the heroes are ported.

2: ALL items completely ported over. Items are in exactly the same spot, take the exact same items, have exactly the same cost. The names are different, though.

3: Updates as DotA updates. For example: all of the DotA 6.63 changes have been performed for the items and ported heroes.

4: Graphics are awesome. Seriously.

5: It has in-game voice chat similar to how Team Fortress 2 plays. This is awesome.

6: Penalties for leavers.

7: Better match finding system.

Pretty much, HoN is DotA without the shitty and with super awesome. When it comes out, buy it.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
Yeah, I meant to say 6.63.

Okay. So the idea is that DotA's biggest problem is that it is housed in the Warcraft 3 engine, which is woefully underprepared to do something as awesome as DotA. Therefore, the guys at S2 games went and talked to Icefrog and said "Hey, we wanna make this awesome DotA-based game. Can we use your stuff?" Since Icefrog was completely cool with it, S2 went and produced Heroes of Newerth.

The map layout is identical to DotA's, and there are Secret Shops in the same places, defense towers in the same places, Outposts in the same places, and even Kongor, the Roshan equivalent that drops the Token of Life (Aegis). ALL of the items are direct ports of their DotA equivalent.
Games can be searched with filters, both inclusionary and exclusionary. So for example, I can look for a game that is AP and also not EM or AR. Every player has a stats board, which shows their Wins, Losses, average Hero Kills, average Deaths, average CS, and how many times they have left the game.

In addition, there are a number of cool features. Teams can choose to "Concede" a match if they feel that it's over, allowing players to leave without penalty. You can also rejoin a game that you have disconnected within 6 minutes if a disconnect happens. The host can also call a vote to instantly remake a game if someone leaves early. There's an automatic AFK kicker, which is neat. If someone is being a douchebag and needs to get kicked, someone can create a "kick user" poll that results in that user getting kicked from the game.

Hero-wise, most of the heroes are direct ports of other heroes. Picking is done at its own screen, where there's the list of heroes grouped by faction and primary stat (str/agi/int). You can see in real-time what everyone else picks, and there's 2 minutes to pick your hero before one is auto-randomed for you. The interface looks mostly the same: bottom left side is minimap, bottom center is hero stats. The main difference is that your hero is ALWAYS your selected unit for control. When you left-click on a unit that you don't control, it shows their stats and items while still allowing you to control your hero, an awesome change.

All in all, Heroes of Newerth is amazing, and I'll let everyone know when it makes the transition to Open Beta.

To be honest, I don't really like DotA. People do way too much shittalking in the game, and, considering I'm not very good at it, I get yelled at a lot. I am also tired of seeing nothing but DotA on Battle.net. Play some other games, people!

If anybody wants to try out Heroes of Newerth, you can get a beta key by googling Alienware, HON beta. Sign up for their website and you'll get one. Or you can wait for the open beta, who knows when that will come out.

Or if you have a friend who has a key, see if they have any invites (that's how I got mine). In all honesty, I don't like HoN too much. Just doesn't have the same feel as DotA.

New Dota update, from what I can tell so far Dark Seer was nerfed pretty hard, Undying's stats got raped, Necro got a str gain boost, LOA's cast range for shield and death coil got swapped, and OD's agility was buffed alot from 15 + 1.4 --> 24 + 2.0 might make him more easy to pubstomp with). Other small reworks on passive abilities like flesh heap and kraken shell.

PS: Phase boots are now shit.

Yeah, I meant to say 6.63.

Okay. So the idea is that DotA's biggest ........the transition to Open Beta.
I really wanted to try HoN but I missed the day when they gave out the beta keys T_T. Also, it's worth noting that some heroes were not ported status quo from DotA. Tidehunter in HoN is Kraken which has Ravage as the first skill whilst a more powerful Gush-like skill is Kraken's SS. also, Scout is a combined form of both Sniper and Gondar which is totally badass.

Yeah, the new smokescreen hero? Looks pretty cool to hunt down heroes like that, but I hope the smoke isn't its actual model.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
i wish he would focus more on imbalances and fixing shitty heroes instead of adding new blatantly overpowered ones every few months. even if the nightcrawler isn't too strong, i feel that it's too soon.

sup G80, have you got a garena account?

also imo Nightcrawler won't be that imba, the vid has only shown it versus Sniper and Viper, two of the slowest heroes in the game (and who knows what was the level difference between their heroes), although I didn't like the fact that he wasn't just invisible but apparently also couldn't be targeted, but let's wait to see what his skills actually are; either way pretty good teaser vid

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
i've tried to get garena to work several times. no idea what i'm doing wrong but it doesn't work. current nick is aidsmobile @ useast. we should get a smogon game going sometime if there's enough interest.

maybe ask for help on garena's forums, or here?

unfortunately I can't get on bnet, but would really like to play as my classmates and my clan have both stopped playing, and going alone into pubs that are full of leavers/feeders is not fun (less of a problem in HLR rooms though, but those are always full anyway), and therefore even more of a waste of time than otherwise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)