DotA

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
we can meet on #smogon, or just on channel smogon on bnet or something. if we don't have enough people we can always fill up with pubs.

we can meet on #smogon, or just on channel smogon on bnet or something. if we don't have enough people we can always fill up with pubs.
We'll have to probably play on garena based on the fact that half the people who are intending to play only can play there.

We'll have to probably play on garena based on the fact that half the people who are intending to play only can play there.
This is turning out to be a pain. As far as signups go, there are 8 people who said they could play on Bnet, and 3 people who said that could play on garena. At this point I see 3 options:

1. Find more people that can play on Bnet
2. Get everyone to play on garena
3. Play on Bnet with pubs as the last 2 members

I could see if some friends of mine could play with us but that isn't very reliable. I could use some help here deciding things.

Garena is very easy to setup, the only thing that could be a pain is that it takes a little getting use to when it comes to navigation. I'd also rather not play with pubs...both garena and bnet pubs leave or just outright suck. I'm pretty sure we can get more people to play...

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
when i try to log in it fails at "ip lookup" or something like that. i've tried pretty much everything, and i don't really know what's wrong. people on garena forums weren't very useful either.

I'd almost forgotten about this, I should be able to get on Bnet at 5 PM Pacific (garena stubbornly refuses to work).

Also if we're doing any sort of contact via irc it might just be best to set up a temporary channel on synirc like #dota or whatever and then post the name of it here for organization purposes.

I'd almost forgotten about this, I should be able to get on Bnet at 5 PM Pacific (garena stubbornly refuses to work).

Also if we're doing any sort of contact via irc it might just be best to set up a temporary channel on synirc like #dota or whatever and then post the name of it here for organization purposes.
I have no idea how to do that, as I'm not all that familiar with irc.

Furthermore, I think I'm going to have to call off today's game. There simply aren't enough people signed up to make it work. Sorry guys. I hope we can still play tomorrow though.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
6.65 is out -- loads of retard changes

http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.65

everyone is probably going to cry their eyes out over the new heroes kinda like how they bawled over once-shitty heroes and items suddenly becoming trendy.

spectre: dispersion is no longer useful offensively in fights. 25% bonus ehp is a big deal but seriously this hero is always either overnerfed or considered completely broken.

razor: cya, youre fucking terrible now

dark seer: i foresee him falling off the map completely. vacuum nerf was too harsh

krobelus: will probably rise again

warlock: anything that suddenly becomes "discovered" like upheaval has to be IMMEDIATELY nerfed even if it isn't broken by any means.

Wow those changes are stupid. I was rushing to find my WC III disc to install it on my new comp, but now I think I'll take my time.

6.65 is out -- loads of retard changes

http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.65

everyone is probably going to cry their eyes out over the new heroes kinda like how they bawled over once-shitty heroes and items suddenly becoming trendy.

spectre: dispersion is no longer useful offensively in fights. 25% bonus ehp is a big deal but seriously this hero is always either overnerfed or considered completely broken.

razor: cya, youre fucking terrible now

dark seer: i foresee him falling off the map completely. vacuum nerf was too harsh

krobelus: will probably rise again

warlock: anything that suddenly becomes "discovered" like upheaval has to be IMMEDIATELY nerfed even if it isn't broken by any means.
Razor needed this kind of a nerf, otherwise he would just get a vanguard/hood and he'd rape. Now he actually has to get items like every other carry. Also for the Upheaval, the only thing that should've been changed was the AoE (that thing is friggin' huge).

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
eye of the storm was garbage and is even worse now, his agility gain is awful and his str gain was hurt. he needs so many items to be decent that it isn't even worth picking him anymore.

Alchemist got a pretty big buff if you ask me. Concoction combined with acid spray's negative armor will do big damage.

Bounty Hunter might be semi-useful now? Same with CK.

Panda/Krob/Pudge/Pugna(!) on the rise. No amount of buffs on Jakiro will every make him viable.

TPs/Urn of Shadows/Mega creeps rescaling/Blademail nerf means that the gameflow is being shifted towards ganking rather than rather than turtling for 60 minutes. With all ult cooldowns on the scoreboard ganks have to be planned more, which is quite interesting.

Also Roshan and the courriers got some nice additions. ;D

Kind of a bizarre update.

- Nightcrawler looks like a pure pubstomp hero. Oh well.
- Ancient Apparation seems like a great ganker as long as you bring an ally who can stun.
- lol at Razor nerf. He went from mediocre to awful.
- Conversely, Death Prophet goes back from good to fantastic.
- Chaos Knight's new ability is very, very awesome and fits him a lot better. Needs a fancier animation though.
- I like Urn of Shadows a lot. The way that the teleport change affects gameplay will be interesting to see (I love the idea of color-coded teleports).
- Visage rework seems decent enough (and he sure needed it, what a boring hero). 150 gold bounty on summons with 300 hp seems a little off though.
- Alchemist's new skill seems really good if I'm understanding it right (though the changelog doesn't state the range for some reason). His old concoction was decent enough but had zero synergy with his skills and was annoying to use.
- Poor DS, nerfed yet again.

I like how Manta is very viable on Nessaj now that your Manta images will no longer block your Phantasm images, rather you will be able to conjure your opponent and not even need to "waste" your Chaos Bolt unless the target has a Blink-like skill. Only thing I dislike is that you can no longer Blink to an ally with him, so he has lost one of his escape mechanisms.

Death Prophet doesn't necessarily go back to fantastic; the Bloodstone nerf, Phase Boots armor removal, Heart nerf, ranged Vanguard nerf mean that she is going to have a harder time with going in and staying alive long enough for her ulti to deal considerable damage in clashes.

BH just became a better burst dps user imo with the new Jinada.

Nightcrawler/AA are pretty imba and will get nerfed like Tauren etc. I suppose Urn of Shadows is going to get nerfed as well, it's too good on roamers.

What were they doing with a few heroes, honestly?

Medusa, Stone Gaze is good only in certain places... and they increased the cooldown?
Sniper, Shrapnel nerfed, because it was weak enough already.
Increased cooldown on Warlock's upheaval, err yeah, as if it wasn't useless enough already.

Increased movespeed on Naix and TMS, two heroes that are being picked regularly. Yup, very nice.

Err, i'm sorry Icefrog, i really like and appreciate your efforts for the game, but honestly, what were you smoking when you made these changes?

Oh wow a dota thread! I've been playing dota for awhile now and play with/against a lot of high skilled teams.

Also why the hate with the new version? I actually love the changed icefrog made. He made slight nerfs to all the OP heroes in the current version, and buffed ones that needed it. few comments on hero nerfs mentions

Medusa stongaze - Trying to gank medusa is incredibly hard when her ult has such a low cooldown and she had mana shield up. You have to spend way to much effort to do it, and other lanes will be free farming during this time.

Sniper shrapnel - Actually.. his shrapnel was incredibly strong. Great slow + laning capabilities and it hit towers.

Razor - People seem to think he was a mediocre hero? Honestly lol, he was either permabanned or picked for a while.

Darkseer - He's still a viable pick, but just not "omg imba" anymore.

The only real nerf I don't agree with is warlocks upheavel. Yes it was too strong, but the increased cooldown is way too long.

Also, Urn seems to be a really imba item.. costs only like 850, and has a 10 SECOND cooldown..when your getting a bunch of charges in a fight, you can just spam that heal all day.(or dmg ofc)

as for the new heros I haven't really tried them out since they are disabled in cm.. but nightstalker seems fine.. AA will probably get a nerf though.

Haha DotA. I've somewhat moved on to LoL, but I tried out 6.65 and here is what I have to say. IceFrog decided to nerf all of the heroes that were popular @ SMM. This means Razor and Sniper mainly. The shrapnel nerf was a given because it was OP, I think Razor was nerfed too hard, especially with the ranged Vanguard nerf. Ganking in this version is WAYYY up, the Urn supports this. I really like 6.65 compared to 6.64, games are more interesting. Turtling seems to be a way of the past, THANK GOD!

Hi im new to the competitive dota scene. Ive actually played a while but very casually, just stuffing around with friends and stuff. Im looking to improve and maybe be able to be a fair competitor on bnet. ive really always played with viper but im looking for suggestions. Whos a good dude to start with? Something slightly easy to use but not too newb-friendly, i want to improve.

As far as heros go just practice what your normally good with a get better with them.. if you play viper a lot I would say practice with carrys/gankers.. but really I don't think that you need to be great with a certain hero to be good competitively. You need to be a good team plater, have good map awareness and such. Heros can come later.. although I would reccomend avoiding heros like Invoker/Chen/Meepo if your still learning since these can be hard heros to get the hang of.

DotA 6.66 is out:

6.66 Changelog

All I got to say is, Doom looks ALOT more fun (and broken).
wow that was quick.

Overall this seems more like a tweak version, not a balance version. I don't see any changes that are very radical. The most standout change is the one to Doom, obviously. I would have to agree that Doom does seem quite a bit more fun to play now, however I am wondering if the early game mana burn might be a bit OP.

Also lol at the "oh shit sorry about visage" changes that were made en mass.

New switch system seems to be the best idea yet for the subject. New voice sets are nice as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)