DotA

I've been using Pudge so much today with now Meat Hook doing pure damage and the new gold system

(there are SO many fucking leavers that one might as well use an early-mid hero like Pudge anyway, no point farming 30+ mins only for all from Scourge or the host to leave, which is one of my biggest concerns regarding dota right now, and had been in the past months; I sure fucking hope they'll add some kind of anti-leave system like in HoN when they'll release dota for Steam)

Thrall and Eradar are pretty boring to use, and kinda tough to play against

Gyrocopter is a pretty cool hardcarry, but again, leavers ruin any sort of attempt at trying to carry these days in pubs

hadn't tried out Wisp or other new stuff yet
Don't play pubs man..
I'm not saying you need to scrim but atleast find some sort of league to join!

anyways 668 has some pretty big bugs expecting 668b tonight or early tomorrow

As for the new heros..
the eredar gnoll guy seems kinda imba
roflcopter seems cool
Wisp is awesome!
Haven't played too much with thrall yet but he's seems quite good.

@HoN
HoN isn't more competitive then dota, I don't get where this is coming from. There is a very small competitve scene, and its mostly made up of ex-dota players who couldnt handle not being that good and so they went there.

As for gameplay, Dota is also superior. Ever seen fog of war in HoN? Shits fucking retarded.

The only thing HoN has over Dota is graphics

Don't play pubs man..
I'm not saying you need to scrim but atleast find some sort of league to join!
I actually don't know how to join leagues over garena / don't really care, I've played in clan wars before though didn't like those that much but clanmates got inactive either way, played in-house but real life friends stopped playing, now I play pubs in High Level Rooms where people still leave despite getting reported and banned from there ._.

as ironic as it sounds, I think -switch has encouraged leaving instead of being the solution to it, I don't recall seeing this many leavers at all back in like 2008 and most of 2009, otherwise pubs would be fine for the most part (well, HLR pubs anyway since you are less likely to see clueless people there due to the level requirement to enter)

Yeah, the BNet bots are actually quite usefull, nevertheless, leavers are still a big annoyance and they still ocure too much, even though they get bans (and i can not even fathom why anyone would actually pull his plug, thats just sad).

Also, after playing some more games, gyrocopter seems best off as a ganker and lategame semi carry if things go wrong, more like PotM. The multitarget orb hasnt been of any significance so far as compared to just dropping your ulti in a teamfight.

patch 6.69 is out

Invoker definitely received the best out of the deal (free +42 stats at level 25 anyone?), while all the recently most common picks got nerfed (CM, WD, Venge, etc.)

Lycan, Ench and QoP got some nice buffs. Razor is probably still relatively useless. Also Manta only has 35 sec cd for melee heroes now.

Still no Shadow Demon nerfs though.

I think overall the hero buffs/nerfs were done well, nothing seems broken so far. The biggest thing in this patch was more or less the item changes. The Bracer/Null/Wraith cost increase was kind of big (considering you should only really get them if you're poor), and Urn no longer stopping blink.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
doom rockin that 0 starting armor

i approve of the invoker buff, about fucking time lol. also maybe sylla's bear will actually hit moving heroes now.

new loadscreen is a bit weird though... all sent heroes??

Hey guys I'm new to DotA type games, I play mostly SotIS for Starcraft 2, but I have War3 and if anyone needs someone to join inhouses I'm willing to learn if you can be patient with me.

Oh yea I play on Iccup

6.70 is out

Phoenix ulti is useless (not even worth to bother with getting Tide + Aghanim Warlock or ES or etc allies just to let a ganker/semi-carry hero respawn, might as well pick a better hero than Phoenix with those allies), and he'll probably need Armlet like Huskar does (use skills and only then turn on Armlet; although Huskar is also bad).

the other new hero on the other hand is fucking sick and looks amazingly fun to use, but will most definitely get nerfed in the next patches; it's like the ES for people who can't even properly block with Fissure; and 4x critical when opponent is below 50% hp? so we have 2 new gankers/semi-carries

Lich and Silencer nerfs I agree with, not sure if Leshrac buffs were necessary though. also Spectre Dispersion buffed after that huge Dispersion nerf a few patches ago, and this will matter a lot against melee carries

also Medallion of Courage seems like the most retarded thing in existence, at least it shouldn't give any armor at all, let alone +6, otherwise it's a 100% staple item without any risks of activating it, and even a million times cheaper than Desolator or Cuirass

not sure how to feel about the invis item, it's not the same as Mirana ulti as it dispells after getting in 900 range, but still farming in woods will be like suicide now and ganking will be the only viable strategy, especially since even buyback has been nerfed further, so no turtling either

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
i'm surprised phoenix wasn't an agility hero.

the axe/leshrac/spectre/tiny buffs are pretty nice though. especially dispersion, it was mighty useless.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
WA-WA-WA-WALRUS PUNCH

seriously, that Walrus guy is awesome.

Omni and Axe's buffs are the most notable imo. Also I really liked the new loadscreen, nice job, Kunkka.

Phoenix owns. Honestly. Level up Dive/ Sun Ray (LASER BEAM) and use these 2 to go like 5-0 starting. Then when you finally have low hp/mana, ulti and bam, you're back. (Get urn for the mana regen and healing, you need it).

Also, fun fact, in a solo lane, hardly any heroes are capable of whacking your egg to death before it bursts (make sure you dive first though to stop them from attacking for that precious 2 seconds!). Most strength can't, most intel can't (a zeus tried once, failed miserably), and to top it off, nevermore can't as well!

I own pretty much all solo lanes with phoenix, with the exception of Admiral, Pugna, Sniper (one of the rare heroes who can hit your egg to death), Viper (another one), and Doom (who pretty much owns everyone). Dive + Nova against a solo mid is hilarious, either they run in which you chase them away and have full hp/mp again, or they whack you in which they fail, you stun them, and then slaughter them.

Also, initiate the battle with a sun ray. Either they come in which you tank until you have a quarter left, dive, then nova, or they run in which you just glide after them till they die or you reach tower range.

He's hard to use, yes, but when used correctly he pretty much owns Walrus. (Walrus Punching the Egg just doesn't work).

However, here are things you do not want to fight with Phoenix.

Windrunner / Ursa (FF/Overpower = dead egg).
Phantom Lancer / Naga Siren / Terrorblade (Illusions = Dead egg [Which reminds me, does illusion do damage to the egg? I believe yes])
Pugna (Nether ward says goodbye to Phoenix faster then... almost everything else actually).
Wisp (Overload help another ally, yeah).
Troll Warlord (While pretty much at the bottom of the barrel, his ultimate pretty much ensures any hero can kill your nova [with the hilarious exception of Goblin Techies])

Here are things you laugh at:

Sand King (Epicentre? Eat Nova).
Sniper (Assassinate Icon? Bullet coming? Nova.)
Enigma (You can nova while Black Holed.)
Pretty much almost everything else. Juggernaut's Omnislash can't even hit you, Axe can't Helix (but can he cull your egg... hm...), Storm just sits there, Broodmother can't do much after a dive, and so on.

Tinker and zeus sits there helplessly, (wrath can't even kill you if you're dying, just nova and you're restored), Death Prophet's ghosts can't do anything, and carry/semi-carry like POTM and stuff gets a dive to the fact.

Doom has to aim you 24/7 or you heal with spirits, Venomancer gets a laugh when you nova off his stuff, Earthshaker pretty much gets a nova in the face.

I believe Phoenix is just as good as Walrus, but since he's so much harder to play everyone just goes "WALRUS" and even if walrus is nerfed, Phoenix will sit there and be happy.

Edit: Just found out you can move up/down slopes while using Heat Ray.

Some nice buffs on some heroes that I really like. SLARDAR, Axe, Krob, and even Cent! Slar and Krob are now even more insane late game, Axe isn't forced to get Shiva's, and level one stomp will actually allow you to get a few hits in.

Also I don't think people quite understand how hugely Leshrac just got buffed.

- Diabolic Edict no longer uses cast point

That's fucking HUGE for Leshrac and now makes boots a viable first item on him for first blood attempts. With his already high base ms of 310, this puts him on par with Jugg for early damage, as a level 1 edict does the same damage as a level 1 bladefury (300).

I'm still wondering why Silencer is trying to be built into a carry. His 2.5 int growth and no nuke just isn't enough to put him in the league of Harby, qop, and Pugna. His 2.1 agi growth is good but it doesn't redeem him. If Silencer is supposed to deal so much damage then why does he have an aura that requires him to survive the whole damn time? I'm guessing the gameplan that Icefrog wants people to adopt with Silencer is to bait people into attacking, silence them all with your ultimate, then kill them before they can finish you off?

Thank god for chain mail in the sideshops. It always bugged me that it wasn't there.

I'm not sure what hero will ever get the new Ancient Janggo thing. Meepo and Chen I guess? Support heroes simply don't have the space for this item and I can't see any hard dpsers getting this either.

I own pretty much all solo lanes with phoenix, with the exception of Admiral, Pugna, Sniper (one of the rare heroes who can hit your egg to death), Viper (another one), and Doom (who pretty much owns everyone).
solo mid Silencer, even with nerfed cd on Curse of the Silent, is also a pain to deal with; Last Word aura even completely prevents you from using Sun Ray so you cannot beat him in mid

also I suppose the best ally for Phoenix is Treant, simply forgot about that until earlier; even if it won't matter as much that you can actually respawn, nova does do nice DPS even in late-game

also the whole team ganking with invis item activated + Tuskarr Snowball seems to be the new "strategy" in pubs

Slardar with Medallion of Courage is insane, I managed to 4HKO a Naix (Along with a crush) while we were both at level 6. -11 Armor that early is just nuts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)