Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mizuhime because I too believe in double slide on sun

mood's team is really fun but it struggles a bit too much with weather and is overreliant on a shaky tailwind. Personally Id Tailwind > Taunt on Aero just because Amoong isnt as much of a threat as opposing HO is, Thundurus can still fuck up your day but oh well it's Thundurus

Kyle's team is also great but that team or a version of it is literally everywhere

moods

Banned deucer.
mizuhime because I too believe in double slide on sun

mood's team is really fun but it struggles a bit too much with weather and is overreliant on a shaky tailwind. Personally Id Tailwind > Taunt on Aero just because Amoong isnt as much of a threat as opposing HO is, Thundurus can still fuck up your day but oh well it's Thundurus

Kyle's team is also great but that team or a version of it is literally everywhere
only two mons on my team benifit from tailwind (breloom and lando) rest is either scarf. superfast, support, or set up. you dont need so much wind, while you kinda need tr checks + makes aero loom look even better. also due to aero shit typing most of the time it would be suicide tailwind whitch is really bad

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry if we're not supposed to comment extensively at this moment, if we arent Ill stop after this post

only two mons on my team benifit from tailwind (breloom and lando) rest is either scarf. superfast, support, or set up. you dont need so much wind, while you kinda need tr checks + makes aero loom look even better. also due to aero shit typing most of the time it would be suicide tailwind whitch is really bad
Loom and Lando by themselves pretty much justify a heavier TWind reliance, especially because the team is quite frail and quite slow overall. The fact that you've chosen to use Bandorus and Scarf Hydrei means that a whole bunch of things past 100 Spe can really annoy this team; at the present I cant see how youd be able to safely deal with Mega Diancie, Mega Zard Y, any Swift Swimmer, or even PuP Kang without Tailwind. Ofc it's possible to outplay them, but even for offense that's really risky for this team.

Perhaps it's just a difference in playstyle but if I were playing with your team Id feel a lot safer if I had more ammo against offense as opposed to Trick Room. Even without Taunt, you can just donk Amoonguss / switch in Loom or Togekiss, and against TR you have a fast sleep and Serene Grace flinches.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
With a good lead on votes (I counted, got someone else to recount), KyleCole takes the week! He'll have his team on the HoF post on the first page as well as having increased vote weight.

New week, new mon to build around! It's time to bring balance to the force with... Landorus-I

It's a genie; it'll make your wishes come true,,, But seriously though, with power levels up the wazoo, Lando-I can make a good pick for teams that would like its ability to blow holes on basically everything it can hit. May the force be with you...

Deadline is on Sunday, noon GMT+1

moods

Banned deucer.

i really wanted to use lando-i diancie, since they make a really decent core, lando is beating opposing lando-t for diancie, puts amoong in diamond storm range, kills aegi and other steels, while diancie can kill keldeo, thundurus or hydragon for lando. added gyarados since core was really weak to water, it gives me good speed control, wanted chary switch in, diancie benifits from it switching into steel types. also it has intimidate which is good since i had to give it up on lando. virision hits water types, ohkos kang. good match up vs rain. i have helping hand since my team wouldnt really benifit from other coverage moves that virision gets like stone edge, there is no need for taunt or quick guard and helping hand is always cool. tran patches up my wealness againt fairys, checks amoongus, gives my nice fwg core. last slot was kyub since i wanted dragon, secondary amoong check, sets up on waters etc.
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic
- Protect

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Waterfall

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Heat Wave

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

oh and s/o to killian for helping me test the team :)

Last edited:

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know

In this team, Landorus allows for a Substitute Mega Metagross / Choice Band Azumarill sweeps by clearing away bulky Steel-types and Landorus-T. Terrakion was chosen as a secondary Steel killer as well as a Kangaskhan and Sun check. Quick Guard helps protect the team from Thundurus's "Speed Control" and blocks Taunt for Mega Metagross. Metagross is the bulk of physical offense; it was chosen for its powerful and fast Steel- and Psychic-type offense that compliments Landorus's offensive coverage well. It is also the main Fairy check. Bulky Roost Hydreigon acts as a special sponge and tank; I chose it over Kyurem-B because it can switch into Aegislash and because I needed to be able to hit Water-types. Strong LO Dark Pulse also gives me offense against Trick Roomers and other Ghost-types. Choice Band Azumarill also helps check Water-types and Keldeo, while also providing strong physical offense to compliment Mega Metagross. It too helps check Landorus-T, and is a great answer to Mega Diancie. Finally, Goggles Talonflame was chosen as a Grass-type switch in and Sleep absorber, second Sun check, and Tailwind supporter. Max+ Atk and Max Spe so it can hit hard and outspeed base 110s like Mega Metagross. Strong priority from Azumarill and Talonflame help check sweepers, and Talon's Overheat makes it a perfect Ferrothorn counter, without forcing massive amounts of recoil like Flare Blitz (and still OHKOs standard Ferro 94% of the time).

All of the sets and spreads are pretty much standard, but there are multiple spots where you can tweak the team to fit your personal playstyle / the playstyle of your opponent. Landorus's secondary attack move can vary; I used Sludge Bomb for extra coverage against Fairies, but you can also use Focus Blast to hit Ferrothorn, Rock Slide to hit Talonflame / Charizard (Timid LO is a guaranteed OHKO even with spread, though not at -1) or even support moves like Sandstorm for ammo against Rain, Sun, and Hail. On Azumarill, I chose Superpower as the last move to nail Ferrothorn and Mega Kangaskhan; you can also use Knock Off if you fear CM Cress and Aegislash, or Ice Punch if you want more to hit Amoonguss with. On Talon, I chose Tailwind + Taunt as the support moves; Tailwind is pretty ez as Landorus, Hydreigon, and Azumarill all become absurdly powerful in it. Taunt was chosen just as another precaution against Trick Room; it's not on Terrakion so Terrak + Talon can protect against Fake Out TR leads, as well as Taunt Thunduruses before they Taunt me. If you're not as scared of those things, you can also run WoW on Talon to check Kang and locked Landorus-Ts.

Bulky Water-types are a little bit of an issue because of a lack of Grass-types, but that's ok because every Pokemon on the team can hit Water neutrally with a STAB, so they'll get worn down easily.

Landorus @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 216 HP / 152 SpA / 16 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Talonflame @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Gale Wings
Naughty Nature
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Overheat

Last edited:
Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 84 Def / 112 SpA / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Snarl / ice beam
- Tailwind
- Scald

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Protect
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 80 HP / 224 Spa / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power

Heatran @ Safety goggles
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat wave
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Flash Cannon

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Psychic
- Draco Meteo

Not much to say about this team, as the pokemon themselves pretty much reveal what's to be done., So i wont go in the particular order my team has the members in, just the general idea.

Landorus is somewhat of a fast hard hitting truck, so I mostly figured i wanted to enhance both aspects. I saw it worked well with fairies, as it was pointed out above, and decided it could cause massive destruction with mega gardevoir, taking out most things that stop in on the way (steels and fire), and i found spread fairy was more efficient than diamond storm due to the good offensive synergy of fairy-ground, explaining why
mega gardevoir>diancie . I also wanted to enhance landorus awkward speed and gardevoir's relatively medium speed, and tailwind seemed great. suicune happened to sponge the hits both my sweepers dislike (namely steel, water, ice, and fire to an extent), had the bulk of a switch in and is a reliable tw setter. snarl/ice beam is preferance. you may use goggles since the team doesnt have much spore tolerance for spore, but as suicune is there to sponge hits and set TW, I found sitrus more helpful. (40 spe can be used 2 beat lando under TW, but they dont stay in to u turn anyways under tailwind). with 3 spots left i wanted to make f/w/g and f/s/d cores. heatran filled both steel and fire, was a needed extra ice resist having lando, a dragon and a grass coming, and sweeps exellently with gardevoir under tailwind. goggles/leftovers both work, and flash cannon can replace sub in case goggles since you just have sludge bomb for fairies. my grass is breloom, since it works great on tailwind, and spore resist/inflictor. f/w/g suiloom. my dragon was latios becuz its a second eq immune, pairs superb with heatran, and has the destructive power to match, not to mention a second tailwind setter.

threats include:
- trick room, as i mostly have taunt gardevoir, breloom and heatran to a certain extent to deal with it. TR is generally bad match up for TW.
- fairies. i have heatran to sponge hits, but focus blast/hp ground are there, and it'll stress heatran a lot, not to mention force it in, and thats deadly if the partner is rotom-wash or something
- fairy spam tr teams
- I guess rotom-wash is somewhat a threat, since it will-os breloom on the switch, and hits decently hard my other members.
- Fast ice attacks, but well you have tailwind, and gardevoir handles kyurem

there are a few more, but those are generally things that give a hard time when playing. I hope you enjoyed

Last edited:

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
Built a team, swept a tour, time to post in thread

Landorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Force
Jolly Nature
- Explosion

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Protect

Aegislash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Sleep Talk

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Protect

Hoopa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
Quiet Nature
- Hyperspace Hole
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Sableye @ Eject Button
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snarl
- Taunt

So the idea was let's build fullroom, landoi is a shitmon so get it out of the way really fast, so make it maxspeed boom with 5xghost types!

But actually, landoi is the highest base atk explosion out there with decently high speed that isn't a mega. Therefore, it puts enormous pressure forcing opponents to target/respect it first turn as it booms while you set trick room. I GUESS if you wanted to you could use life orb but that sounds really lame so nah. After that you bring in the sweepers and clean shit up like it's spring cleaning season.

Gengar-Mega and Sableye both act as kang/sharp checks, whereas the rest of the team is focused on just outputting damage, with landoi in the front. since choice band explosion is actually a huge nuke, it wittles down opponents/picks up kos while you set, and also ensures that your other mons get clean switchins to begin sweeping.

Especially since HoopaU can break protects, this lets you practically sweep for a full 4 turns, assuming your opponent lets you set up turn 1.

The only calc that matters:
252 Atk Choice Band Landorus Explosion vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 394-464 (132.2 - 155.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
It's time 【=◈︿◈=】

The deadline has passed! It's time to vote for the team of the week! Pick your vote among the following; To vote, just post the name of the user who created the team you vote for

moods
Electrolyte
Silverwhiteblue
checkmater75

Deadline is on TUESDAY, Noon GMT+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)