Pokémon Doublade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for my misinfo about the usage about gligar.

If only doublade got Recover or something, and ASSAULT VEST SHOULD NOT BE MENTIONED.(C,mon guys, it is bound to be posted.)

Edit: Does anyone else think that Doublade could be BETTER than aegislash in doubles as a bulky offensive mon/ TR sweeper?

Sorry for my misinfo about the usage about gligar.

If only doublade got Recover or something, and ASSAULT VEST SHOULD NOT BE MENTIONED.(C,mon guys, it is bound to be posted.)

Edit: Does anyone else think that Doublade could be BETTER than aegislash in doubles as a bulky offensive mon/ TR sweeper?
I tried Doublade in doubles on my Dual Screens team. Behind those 2 screens is the Sword god Doublade.
Your always good when you take out a Volcorona and a Blaziken as the last poke standing...

Still waiting to here why this guy wont be low tier. Sure its the baby of Athena's great shield and sword but without King's Shield (though predictable), good recovery, versatility of its parent, defenses of its parent, and carrying a negative drawback ability this guy will not be OU or UU and im hard pressed to say itll be upper RU. SD sets are good with eviolite if you wanna be a lategame sweeper cause lets be honest...it has no defensive moves that other pokes dont have and can do better.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Well, we don't know if the line gets Pain Split yet, as Pain Split Cofa didn't seem to manage to find its way through Pokebank before it was shut down.

In lower tiers, this will be a completely different monster if it gets Pain Split.

It's a little vulnerable to getting tagged by special attacks to the point that any SE hit from uninvested SpA generally threatens a 2HKO. STAB Fire Blast is a complete 1HKO on every Special Fire type.

Knock Off also threatens it, because without Eviolite it's vulnerable to the same "OHKO through shield forme" OHKOs that Aegislash is.

Anyway there's no way this thing makes it to OU. Too vulnerable to special hits, which is even more restrictive of it than steel weaknesses are on Aegislash despite the fact that the latter is vulnerable to some physical OHKOs through shield that Doublade could potentially live.

Chadtherest00

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Well, we don't know if the line gets Pain Split yet, as Pain Split Cofa didn't seem to manage to find its way through Pokebank before it was shut down.

In lower tiers, this will be a completely different monster if it gets Pain Split.
It be tight if it got pain split

Haven't people tried with Misdreavus yet?

I just tried breeding a male pain split Cofagrigus with Honedge and the resulting child had no pain split. =.=

When I first learned that Doublade's ability was no guard, I was psyched because I thought I could abuse a 100% accurate hypnosis and/or willowisp....then I learned it doesn't learn either of these. Come on, gamefreak! Couldn't you have given Doublade an equally nearly-useless ability in hyper cutter? It's similar to no guard as far as flavor goes (has the word "cutter" in it and emphasizes attacking rather then defending), so couldn't you have given the swords THIS ability? At least hyper cutter stops intimidate and doesn't grant your foes 100% accurate fire blasts :/

When I first learned that Doublade's ability was no guard, I was psyched because I thought I could abuse a 100% accurate hypnosis and/or willowisp....then I learned it doesn't learn either of these. Come on, gamefreak! Couldn't you have given Doublade an equally nearly-useless ability in hyper cutter? It's similar to no guard as far as flavor goes (has the word "cutter" in it and emphasizes attacking rather then defending), so couldn't you have given the swords THIS ability? At least hyper cutter stops intimidate and doesn't grant your foes 100% accurate fire blasts :/
Wait for it getting Zap Cannon in the next game lol.

No gaurd also gives 100% accurate WoWs, which this guy will HAAAATE. Anyway, I see this guy as being a UU/RU bulky offensive threat. With knock off being everywhere tho, it's gonna be hard.

At least he ohkos Bisharp with SS and can easily live a knock off, even at +2 (he keeps his eviolite boost for the first knock off IIRC)

This thing works so well with Hydreigon, the 2 typings in combination with Levitate mean that absolutely every move that would hit one Pokemon for super-effective damage is resisted the other or they are immune to it. This has worked really well in UU.

No Guard is still a major let down, but there are some nice moves that it can kinda abuse. Never having to miss a Toxic is quite nice, especially because such moves can miss at vital moments. Though in the end No Guard really does suck, except for being able to hit things through Protect and during Phantom Force, as those who learn Phantom Force are pretty much all Ghost types, who do not like to eat one of Doublade's STABs >:)

I think it has the ability to hang around in UU for its unique typing and MASSIVE defence (thanks to eviolite). Though he generally needs support in the forms of either Wish and/or screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)