Doublade

Overview
########

Pros:
*Great Defensive Typing, which allows it to check Pokemon like Mega Pinser
*Covers common, powerful stall breaking Pokemon.
*Three Immunities
Cons:
*Low Special Defense
*All moves can hit it

Stall
########
name: Stall
move 1:Toxic
move 2:Gyro Ball
move 3:Rest
move 4:Sleep Talk
ability:No Gard
item:Evolite
evs:240 hp, 252 SpDef, 16 Atk
ivs: 0 spd
nature:Brave

Moves
========

INFO ABOUT MOVES GOES HERE

Set Details
========

*The 240 Hp and 252 SpDef boost are for the best stalling possible
*Brave nature and zero speed is for both the best power with Gyro Ball.
*16 boost to attack helps get lots of 2HKO's and 3HKO's on major OU threats
*No Gard is its only ability, but great for toxic, but bad for things like Fire Blast.
*Evolite helps a ton for it defensively, making it tank a lot more.

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

Other Options
########

*Sword Dance is a option as it can boost the power of your Gyro ball.
OTHER OPTIONS GOES HERE. STUFF LIKE ALTERNATE MOVES, ALTERNATE SETS, NICHE STUFF THAT DOESN'T GET A MAIN SET MENTION

Checks & Counters
########

CHECKS & COUNTERS GO HERE
NOTE THAT THIS WILL BE MORE THREATLISTY SO MENTION POKEMON / OTHER EFFECTS ONE AT A TIME

Last edited:

Poek

squadala
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I've always used Spdef doublade to not be 2hkoed by mega gardy's hyper voice, and it already has enough physical bulk anyway. Also I think sneak is better than sleep talk, as doublade only finds place on stall teams and stall can bring a heal bell/aromatherapy user anyway. Not only that, but the pokemon you're suposed to counter cant do anything to you even if you have 2 turns of sleep.

I've always used Spdef doublade to not be 2hkoed by mega gardy's hyper voice, and it already has enough physical bulk anyway. Also I think sneak is better than sleep talk, as doublade only finds place on stall teams and stall can bring a heal bell/aromatherapy user anyway. Not only that, but the pokemon you're suposed to counter cant do anything to you even if you have 2 turns of sleep.
i will think about it but this was the set that it is so-post to be getting

This thing's niche lies in countering the shit that normally breaks the stall, and was kept in check by aegi:

This means:
medi, hera, gardy + random shit like mega pinsir (which runs cc now) and mienshao.

As all physical shit on this list cannot hit it, the spread that you should run is indeed 252 hp 252 sp def with eviolite, which can avoid the 3hko from hyper voice. Any other spread is suboptimal.

Also, there is no need for sleep talk. The things you check can't kill you during your sleep, and you can run a cleric as it should only be run on stall. Use shadow sneak instead.

Also, tr support is aweful. This thing is way to weak to abuse the few turns of trick room you would get.

Chesto=bad. You need the eviolite to counter mega garde well.

Mention pursuit in moves for latis and brick break in oo to lure bisharp.

Sleep talk can maybe go in oo, but it is really bad.

Poek

squadala
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
This thing's niche lies in countering the shit that normally breaks the stall, and was kept in check by aegi:

This means:
medi, hera, gardy + random shit like mega pinsir (which runs cc now) and mienshao.

As all physical shit on this list cannot hit it, the spread that you should run is indeed 252 hp 252 sp def with eviolite, which can avoid the 3hko from hyper voice. Any other spread is suboptimal.

Also, there is no need for sleep talk. The things you check can't kill you during your sleep, and you can run a cleric as it should only be run on stall. Use shadow sneak instead.

Also, tr support is aweful. This thing is way to weak to abuse the few turns of trick room you would get.

Chesto=bad. You need the eviolite to counter mega garde well.

Mention pursuit in moves for latis and brick break in oo to lure bisharp.

Sleep talk can maybe go in oo, but it is really bad.
^^^

Brick break? I guess sacred sword is too mainstream

fixed the chesto berry thing i was unsure about :). its still better with def boost for physical walling which its better at. but if mods say that i should do spdef i will do it.

Yeah definitely give max HP / max SpD, even with just HP investment you eat up like all physical hits and SpD helps for dealing with Mega Gard, among other things.

240 HP puts you just below the next threshold of passive damage (319 HP total, just below 320, which is divisible by 16) to minimize percentage damage of things like hazards and burn/Seed damage - especially on something without leftovers. I personally use 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD with a Sassy or Brave nature to max Gyro Balls damage, and depending on if I want it to damage things more. One notable difference between Brave and Sassy is that with 16 Atk, Brave nets a bonus point, and also allows you to 2HKO Mega Pinsir with Gyro Ball.

On phone, so limited. I'll post more later.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
*All moves will hit their opponents
huh? how is this a pro? If anything its a con, because things like Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, etc will never miss on Doublade. The only non-perfect accuracy move Doublade gets is Toxic which is already like 95% accurate iirc.

edit: you already have it under cons but I don't see any reason to have it on pros.

edit 2: actually, not gonna lie, the entire overview needs some fixing. Remove "it's a great trick room pokemon"; it isn't. It requires set up and is initially weak without SD so yeah. What mega Pokemon does it cover? What other Pokemon does it counter? It's huge defense is a pro, and make sure to mention that its amazing defensive typing lets it check/counter a lot of things, with examples.

I know this is wip, but I'm just saying.

tehy

Banned deucer.
honestly, i'd like a second slash on Toxic to be Shadow Sneak.

Even with Gardy's hyper voice only doing, like, 30% damage, a lot of them carry Shadow Ball, and Gyro Ball is kind of strong enough that i'd rather spam it in a direct matchup rather than wait for Toxic to help out, so you're only using it for switch-ins. And I notice a lot of switch-ins to my Dou are immune to Toxic, though not all. Meanwhile Shadow Sneak is useful priority versus that, and Megacham if it happens to carry Fire Punch. Plus just a general nice priority, I suppose, though it's not that strong.

I don't want it over Sleep Talk, though. Sometimes you're worn down and forced to rest, and suddenly Mega Pinsir or Heracross is flashing SD as you never had a chance to aroma. Then again, Shadow Sneak kind of sucks if Restalked, which puts a bit of a hole my argument for Shadow Sneak. But at least you're not a total sitting duck with Sleep Talk, even if you have Shadow Sneak, which is very nice.

By the way
'
Overview
########

Pros:
*All moves will hit their opponents
Irrelevant since that's really only Toxic and...Rock Slide is the only one I've ever heard of as even close to relevant. It seems like a decent OO mention, since it slaughters Mega Pinsir (great for the ones that use EQ), and hits Talonflamer and Zard (Y after transform, obviously both before. I guess X a bit too?), But still, that's 2 90% accuracy moves. If you mention this, maybe you should make it a bridge between the general "Good" and "Bad" sections of the overview, starting off with it not missing, then stating that stuff will always hit it, especially Fire Blast and Hydro Pump.

*Great Defensive Typing
*Covers 4 Mega Pokemon
I really hate the line of thinking this implies. I guess most Megas are at the top threat levels, but i'd really rather it be more like "4 really threatening mons that break stall hard" When i hear someone classify Megas differently it implies heavy noobness.

*Great Trick Room Pokemon
Nope. Maybe the SD set as an OO mention but it's not that strong and has to set up which is really no fun for TR.

Last edited:
updating soon and i got the checks:
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Shadow Ball vs. 240 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 166-196 (52 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Hidden Power Ground vs. 240 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 124-148 (38.8 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
16+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (86 BP) vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 308-366 (111.1 - 132.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Fire Punch vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 128-152 (40.1 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
16+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (86 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Medicham: 127-151 (48.6 - 57.8%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Pinsir Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 118-140 (36.9 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
16+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (89 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Pinsir: 100-118 (36.9 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 146-174 (45.7 - 54.5%) -- 53.5% chance to 2HKO
16+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (63 BP) vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mega Heracross: 73-87 (23.4 - 27.9%) -- 81.3% chance to 4HKO

They all changed after aegi and mawile ban. Apparently banning op stuff changes up the meta a lot :p

> mega medi doesn't run fire punch anymore
> Pinsir runs cc over eq
> Hera doesn't run eq

Pls check yo shit
They all changed after aegi and mawile ban. Apparently banning op stuff changes up the meta a lot :p
Mega garde doesn't run shadow ball now that aegislash is banned, those calcs are irrelevant.
cc has no effect to it,
secondly, i was ok with both bans, but they do change the metagame a lot
I gave it shadow ball to show what more powerful se moves it can do to it .

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry, but there are enough problems in this already that I'm going to have to reassign this.
updating soon and i got the checks:
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Shadow Ball vs. 240 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 166-196 (52 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Hidden Power Ground vs. 240 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 124-148 (38.8 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
16+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (86 BP) vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 308-366 (111.1 - 132.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Fire Punch vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 128-152 (40.1 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
16+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (86 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Medicham: 127-151 (48.6 - 57.8%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Pinsir Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 118-140 (36.9 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
16+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (89 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Pinsir: 100-118 (36.9 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Doublade: 146-174 (45.7 - 54.5%) -- 53.5% chance to 2HKO
16+ Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (63 BP) vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mega Heracross: 73-87 (23.4 - 27.9%) -- 81.3% chance to 4HKO
The fact that you even made this post clearly illustrates the lack of knowledge of this Pokemon and the metagame as a whole. An experienced battler and Doublade user would know that Mega Medicham does not run Fire Punch anymore, or Mega Heracross EQ, or Mega Gardevoir Shadow Ball.
checks need to be redone anyway, i forgot the 0 IV in spd
i used the general sets on these (preset)
The fact that you used the outdated presets further shows this lack of knowledge.

Additionally, the lack of detail and attention paid in the analysis is everywhere. Your overview so far is skimpy at best and nowhere does it mention Mega Heracross, Mega Gardevoir, or Mega Medicham, but only Mega Pinsir. The formatting of the set shows a complete lack of caring in multiple misspellings and overall being lazily put together. Initially you had Chesto Berry, which is blatantly unviable, and a physically defensive EV spread when the only good Doublade has significant Special Defense investment, which is required to handle Mega Gardevoir.

Locking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)