Double Battle Tourney - Showdown Rules Style!

What Tier should the double battles be in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANYWAY, even if you do happen to face the same person it doesn't matter, as iirc the people arguing seam more convinced a third party should check them.

That is if you have doubts of legitimacy.

1 = If we are relying on the honor system to prevent people talking about others teams via PM, you might as well rely on the honor system on having legitimate pokes from the start and avoid the whole thing in the first place.

2 = If it's double elimination, there is a chance I could meet them again. I have done it before in Brawl tournaments. Because I can beat someone, they fall into the loser's bracket, then they make there way back up and eventually face me in the winner's bracket, assuming I keep winning and they don't lose again.

The Japanese are better at doubles as a whole than we are because they have had more practice. That is it; really nothing else has affected that. They have had these tournaments since 2004 IIRC, and every time it has been double battles. They have simply had more time to become used to the double battling format, while the general 'population' of competitive battlers here have been less than receptive to double battles. This 'liking'(for a better term) of double battles is not because they "discuss their teams in full detail with each other to learn their weaknesses ". Keeping a secret does not at all mean you aren't prepared. It's because they are more seasoned into doubles than most of the Americans were. they have simply had more time to play doubles in official tournaments than we have.

I met several Japanese players in Orlando. I battled most of them in a double battle. I even asked to see some of their teams because they were really good, and they said no. I respected that decision. Now, it might have been just because I was an American, but I really doubt it. It was because, even when Showdown was already over and the awards were in an hour or so, they did not want someone else seeing their full team. The Japanese have their fair share of forums and such, yes, just like we do here in the USA/Canada; but that doesn't mean that they just share their teams with whoever they want from their country. They keep some things secret, as should we all. Not everybody makes a team without running it past a few people to see if it wold work. Only stupid people make a serious doubles team without talking about it with a couple people(lol no offense if that is someone here). But that is generally with someone they trust won't tell someone else in full detail the team. With this proposed so-called checking, it's seen by more than one person if the team keeps winning and moving up the ranks, and the team could potentially start to get around. That is what I disagree with, in case it's not clear.

Now, I offer a different solution. =) Instead of having our opponents look at our teams for checking, can't we have a third party do the checking instead, if at worst, via the same method? That way, some team elements still remain secret from our future competitors, while there is still the "hack "checking occuring. I think there are much better options than having my opponent look at my team to see if it's hacked.
Hmm I see your point although the players probably keep their teams less a secret than we do

I found my heatran lol, it's 21/28/27/30/14/30 and Hasty, level 50 from platinum, so you can make that a prize. Kinda decent anyways and useable in the showdown

My team is almost ready, just need to EV 1 more Pokemon and I'll be done, and I'm hoping to try it out at the Doubles Battle Tower soon.

Nice job Goodbar :)

Alright, First round is tommorow, hopefully we can get atleast one more person for an even number.

Heh, nice to see you joined Bonta-Kun. Long time no see since Orlando. :P

Also, IMO, unless you have already made the brackets via this method, you should use an online bracketing site to arrange the matches. It makes it easier to read, including the loser's bracket.

I imagine the match-ups will be posted sometime today. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)