SM OU Double Dragon Dance

> Double Dragon Dance <

Introduction

Hello my name is Abk1997 and this is my 2nd RMT. I hope I can get good advice here.

Teambuilding Process

I built this team around Mega Charizard X and Flyinium Z Salamence. Since Salamence can't break through walls like Ferrothorn or Skarmory I next up added Choice Specs Magnezone. Magnezone traps annoying Steel Types like aforementioned Skarmory and Ferrothorn. And then I added Tapu Fini because I needed a Defogger. It also helps me versus my Stall match up because it can Taunt annoying Pokemon like Chansey or Blissey. After that I added Landorus-T because it can set up Stealth Rock reliably and it also checks Physical Attackers pretty too. At Last I added Celesteela because I wanted to have something for Special Attackers.

The Team

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Fly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Z-Fly is used break through Pokemon like Tapu Fini. Dragon Claw is my next STAB Attack on this. Earthquake to hit Steels like Magearna. Moxie because if it gets a kill with Z-Fly it boosts it Attack so that my Salamence can sweep. Dragon Dance to boost its Attack and Speed.

Pokemon @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Nature: Adamant
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Mega Charizard X hits extremely hard. Dragon Claw is STAB and it also gets boosed by its Ability. Flare Blitz again obvious STAB Attack which also gets boosted by Tough Claws. Dragon Dance to boost its Speed and Attack. And I have Roost on this because I wanted to have longevity.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 Spa / 252 Spe / 4 Spd
Nature: Modest
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Thunderbolt is STAB and it hits incredibly hard with the Choice Specs Boost. Volt Switch is for momentum and it builds a Volt Turn Core with Landorus-T. Flash Cannon is for fairies. Hidden Power Fire specifically for Ferrothorn.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Nature: Bold
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog

This is my Defogger. It also helps versus Stall since it can take 50 % off from Chansey and then Taunt it. Taunt is for Slower Pokemon like Mandibuzz to prevent them from Defogging and it also helps versus the aforementioned Chansey.

Celesteela @ Shed Shell
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Nature: Sassy
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Celesteela is here for tanking Special hits. But it also help versus Mega Scizor with Flamethrower and with Heavy Slam it has its STAB Attack which hits extremely hard. Leech Seed is for Recovery and Protect to gain more health back from Leech Seed.

Landorus-T @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Nature: Impish
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn

Landorus-T is my Rocker. it also helps me versus Physical Attackers. Hidden Power Ice is for opposing Landorus-T's and U-Turn for momentum.

Conclusion

Unfortunately I haven't gotten that far on the ladder with this team. I know it isn't very good but hopefully with your advice I can make this team better. I appreciate any help.

pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Bn686Z9T

Last edited:

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
you put a lot of pressure on opposing landos anyway and shed shell skarm might actually be very annoying for you so i recommend at least trying knock off instead of hp ice on your own lando, just to improve the match-up vs stallteams a little.

Ay comrade. I see what youre tryna do there with that Roost Zardx my g. Now the thing is that your team doesnt really do anything against opposing Tapu Fini right except hardswitch to Mag like a fool right. So what Im sayin is on your Zardx you run that Tpunch you know what i mean, cuz then you can start inflicting that dommagé against tapu fini right, and you got that 4x effective move for pelippers n shit that you cant just lolclickblitz on.

on a side note. i'd probably revamp the last three mons into something more offensive.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ay comrade. I see what youre tryna do there with that Roost Zardx my g. Now the thing is that your team doesnt really do anything against opposing Tapu Fini right except hardswitch to Mag like a fool right. So what Im sayin is on your Zardx you run that Tpunch you know what i mean, cuz then you can start inflicting that dommagé against tapu fini right, and you got that 4x effective move for pelippers n shit that you cant just lolclickblitz on..
[: this, although his team as it is doesn't need TPunch as bad as mine because he has Mag I suppose, and I also used Fire Punch on my team so I didn't need Roost as bad. But, speaking of Mag...

I'm really not seeing the usefulness of Mag when you have Zard X plus Celesteela to harass Steels. I guess its nice for the occasional Skarm on stall but I'd use that slot to address a glaring Volc weakness that can be fixed with an adequate Scarfer. It may not seem like Volc is an issue because you have some resists but it takes advantage of half your team (particularly Fini and Steela) and proceeds to dunk on your entire team with either Rocks up or minimal chip damage. Salamence takes a clean 84 min from +1 IO and Zard X takes 78 min from +1 HP Ground. "Checks". Rest of your team just drops.
But I mean thats really not the only example, the lack of a revenge killer at all in general leaves you way too weak to Protean Ninja, Pheromosa, Tapu Koko, MegaGross, etc.
Other offense teams pretty much eat you because unboosted your team is slow and easy to chip away at.

A decent solution without fucking with your team too much could be Scarf Garchomp > Mag

This helps you with opposing offense and checks the aforementioned threats in particular. If you're really worried about only having Zard for Skarm you could even run Naive Fire Blast to lure it in and 2HKO phys def variants (the only variant pretty much), though I wouldn't recommend that because that probably means dropping either Outrage or DClaw, which each have valuable uses depending on cirumstance. You also have Celesteela as your dedicated Fairy check so it's not like Chomp opens up any glaring weaknesses in particular either.

Set:
Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly or Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Rock Slide

I'd also add more meat to your descriptions so its easier for raters to follow your reasoning for each set. Take a look at some archived teams so you know what I mean.

Last edited:
[: this, although his team as it is doesn't need TPunch as bad as mine because he has Mag I suppose, and I also used Fire Punch on my team so I didn't need Roost as bad. But, speaking of Mag...

I'm really not seeing the usefulness of Mag when you have Zard X plus Celesteela to harass Steels. I guess its nice for the occasional Skarm on stall but I'd use that slot to address a glaring Volc weakness that can be fixed with an adequate Scarfer. It may not seem like Volc is an issue because you have some resists but it takes advantage of half your team (particularly Fini and Lando) and proceeds to dunk on your entire team with either Rocks up or minimal chip damage. Salamence takes a clean 84 min from +1 IO and Zard X takes 78 min from +1 HP Ground. "Checks". Rest of your team just drops.
But I mean thats really not the only example, the lack of a revenge killer at all in general leaves you way too weak to Protean Ninja, Pheromosa, Tapu Koko, MegaGross, etc.
Other offense teams pretty much eat you because unboosted your team is slow and easy to chip away at.

A decent solution without fucking with your team too much could be Scarf Garchomp > Mag

This helps you with opposing offense and checks the aforementioned threats in particular. If you're really worried about only having Zard for Skarm you could even run Naive Fire Blast to lure it in and 2HKO phys def variants (the only variant pretty much), though I wouldn't recommend that because that probably means dropping either Outrage or DClaw, which each have valuable uses depending on cirumstance. You also have Celesteela as your dedicated Fairy check so it's not like Chomp opens up any glaring weaknesses in particular either.

Set:
Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly or Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Rock Slide

I'd also add more meat to your descriptions so its easier for raters to follow your reasoning for each set. Take a look at some archived teams so you know what I mean.
thanks so much for your advice I will change Magnezone to Garchomp and yeah I know the descriptions are very short but I am not native English speaker so it is kinda hard for me to write a lot about it. I will try to write more in future RMTs. :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)