Latias@leftovers
Timid
Levitate
252HP/4Sp Atk/252Speed
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Thunderbolt
Recover

might as well get as much usage out of her as i can just in case she gets bumped up to ubers, standard CM as far as I'm aware, max HP and Max speed, calm mind to boost her sp atk and sp def to astronomical proportions...or at least to aid in sweeping, Dragon Pulse is the main stab and is only resisted by steels, T-bolt for additional coverage, though i suppose surf would work better and recover...to err...recover health

Billy Lee AKA "Rokkr"
Haxorus@Life Orb
Adamant
Mold Breaker
4HP/252Atk/252Speed
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Brick Break

the "other" dragon Rokkr is pretty much the late game sweeper, though mold breaker allows it to take care of levitating steels, standard Offensive DD'er, max attack and max speed, Dragon Dance is to boost attack and speed, outrage is for sheer awesomeness once i know all the steel types are gone, though i suppose running dual chop is noteworthy if only to break sashes and sturdy, earthquake pairs well hitting steels without the secondary typing of bug or grass, brick break hits ferrothorn hard

Chin Taimei
Mienshao@Flight Jewel
Jolly
Regenerator
4HP/252Atk/252Speed
Fake Out
U-Turn
Hi-Jump Kick
Acrobat

Yaayy more Double Dragon references, either that or i'm just being annoying, anyways, acrobat mienshao, flight jewel+110 base acrobat is pretty effective on anything that doesn't resist it, Fake Out breaks sashes, U-turn for scouting, and Hi-Jump Kick for stab, still a little iffy on this, might be the weakest link on here, but meh

now the defensive trio:

"Golddust"
Forretress@Leftovers
Careful
Sturdy
252HP/6Def/252Sp Def
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Earthquake

No more Double Dragon references... T_T basically there to set up entry hazards and to spin hazards away, i could've gone with ferrothorn, but forry's ability to spin hazards outweighed damage, so i went with this little bugger, spikes and stealth rock make people hesitant to switch, rapid spin removes hazards, and earthquake as it's lone attack option, though gyroball is a possibility also and one i'll probably switch to

"R2-P2"
Porygon2@Eviolite
Bold
Trace
252HP/184Def/72Sp Def
Recover
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

wall number dos, porygon 2 has one weakness, fighting so it makes a great wall, and with a decent special attack has the ability to hurt things while waiting for them to waste PP, trace is a great ability, depending on who you switch into allowing R2-P2 to copy an opponents ability
Recover is to...*cough* recover, thunder wave is to cripple speed sweepers, though i'm thinking of changing it to toxic to damage walls better. Thunderbolt and Ice beam are there for good coverage, though i am thinking about changing the attacking moves to shadow ball and hp fighting, otherwise...it's fine

Green Abobo "Moneybags"
Jellicent@Leftovers
Bold
Water Absorb
248HP/216Def/44Speed
Recover
Will-O-Wisp
Surf
Energy Ball
wall numero drei...and look another Double Dragon Reference...Score!!!
my third wall, yeah i like using three walls, don't ask me why, i just do...Recover is there again to...find lost items...i mean heal...W-o-W is there to cripple physical sweepers, and is especially helpful if i can predict a ferrothorn switching in, surf for stab, and energy ball for those bulky waters​

there you have it my first team in over 3 months, be gentle... XP

why t-bolt on latias? its walled by the most common steel type. put something else. refresh, reflect, HP fire.
i think that is a standard DD soooo..... good i guess
mienshao is standard again.
if you want toxic on porygon change t-bolt to discharge and t-wave to toxic so you gt both.

jellicent should have taunt, energy ball seems out of place./.

I found that taunt + lum berry on Haxorus works really well. Either taunt on predicted status move, or if the opponent is faster, DD and let lum berry take the status, then taunt after and possible get anither DD in. Haxo can't stand up to Skarmory anyway which is the only real reason to use Brick Break so I'd switch BB out for Taunt. Taunt also prevents phazing aside from Dragon Tail and that one fighting move that no one uses, seems like a decent team though.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, your team seems to be weak to Scizor Rotom-W Switch Turn combos. I suggest running Hidden Power Fire instead of Thunderbolt on Latias to deal with this. While you lose 1 Speed stat, the ability to defeat Ferrothorn, Scizor and take out other weakened steel types is well worth it, as this could potentially set up a Haxorus sweep.

Speaking of Haxorus. I suggest going with a set of Lum Berry/ DD/ Outrage/ EQ/ Taunt. Most Ferrothorn nowadays are EVd to defeat Haxorus, it can take one Brick Break and retaliate with Gyro Ball. Unboosted, Haxorus is incapable of 2HKOing Ferrothorn, so its not like you can hit it on the switchin either. Taunt allows Haxorus to shut down the likes of Skarmory. While Haxorus still has no shot at taking out Skarm, its better than having it set up Spikes in your face. In tandem with Lum Berry, Haxorus is relatively safe from status, which would otherwise be the biggest obstacle for obtaining a Haxorus sweep. Taunt also shuts down the opposing walls' recovery, allowing Haxorus to more easily break stall. If Lum Berry isn't used to prevent status, it can kick in after the first Outrage sequence to allow Haxorus to continue its sweep.

Jellicent should be running Scald and Taunt in place of Surf and Energy Ball. Even though you have Will-o-Wisp, Jellicent will find itself spamming its STAB move a lot due to the sheer number of pokemon that water hits hard. It is very likely you will get a burn hax in on one of them. Jellicent is also prone to Taunt itself, so Scald allows it to not be a sitting duck against physical sweepers carrying that. Taunt is incredibly useful on Jellicent. It prevents Jellicent from status, and allows it to act as a wallbreaker by shutting down the opposing wall's recovery and status moves. Jellicent's bulk, Recover, and Will-o-Wisp will take care of the rest.

Calm Nature and Volt Switch over Earthquake on Forretress. Forretress wants Volt Switch to escape from the Magnezone switchin, as well as prevent itself from becoming set up bait for pretty much everything in OU.

Finally, this team has no answer to Terrakion, who could easily destroy your entire team. Although Conkeldurr can't just shrug off a CB Close Combat, access to Mach Punch, Drain Punch, and Bulk Up means you would at least have a response now. Conk would be an appropritate replacement over Meinshao since both are fighting types. Your Meinshao set is pretty gimmicky anyways and I don't think you'll miss it much. Instead, you can now enjoy adding another boosting tank who can soften up opposing physical walls and allow Haxorus to break free.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Guts
Brave
120 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 136 SpD/ 0 Speed IVs
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Mach Punch
Payback

GL

I like this team personally.
However, Jellicent appears random and out of place so I'd switch it to say a Eviolite Chansey
Chansey@Eviolite
Calm Nature
252 HP 252 Defense
-Seismic Toss
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Softboiled

This set is a lot better wall and would work better for this team
Secondly I'd switch Forretress to Skarmory because you'll have the ability to whirlwind while still setting up hazards.
Then I'd switch Pory2 to TentaCruel For Tspikes Set up and Rapid spin ability
So now you'll have all hazards then your dragons can just clean up ;]
Hope I Helper :]

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Hi Shiny Serperior,

You don't really explain why this Pokémon and not another and that's the problem, I don't really find any strategy and it starts at the beginning. Your core isn't the best for a Double Dragon Team. Why ? Because their counters are differents. Let me explain you. Haxorus' counters are : Skarmory, Scizor, Ferrothorn and Forretress. Latias' counters are : Blissey, Ferrothorn, Chansey, Scizor, Tyranitar, etc etc etc. The problem on your Latias is the lack of Hidden Power Fire. Thunderbolt is useless on Latias, HP Fire is much better. But forget Latias on this Team if you wanna play around Haxorus. Use a Dragonite instead of Latias because both have the same counters. Something like that :

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- ExtremSpeed

Skarmory, ScarfLandorus, ScarfTerrakion and Scizor are really annoying for this combo. Of course, the goal here is to kill them, but when you're setting up your Dragonite or your Haxorus, so you need something to switch on it. Keep Forretress for that and in addition it can Rapid Spin for your Dragonite. But change its Set :

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Strudy
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes / Gyroball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Now important thing, you need a Weather Inducer and Ninetailes is the better one there. The Sandstorm hurts Haxorus and Dragonite (breaks Multiscale) and the Rain isn't a good choice for Fire Punch... So it's why the Sun is the better Weather for your Team. Use it instead of Porygon2.

Ninetailes @ Leftovers
Trait : Drought
EVs : 88 HP / 252 SAtk / 168 Spd
Nature : Timid ( +Spd / -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Will o Wisp
- Hidden power [Ice]
- Sunny day

Who says Sun says Dugtrio. Dugtrio is important there for trapping Politoed and Tyranitar and winning the Weather War. You can even trapp Terrakion, Heatran etc. Use it instead of Mienshao which is useless there.

Dugtrio (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
(Ivs for 201 HP)
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hone Claws
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Reversal

Now with the Sun, Jellicent isn't really good there. You need something for the Rain and Rotom-W. Latios works well there and can help your Dragon core and it's a nice switch for Skarmory, Forretress and it can kill Scizor and Ferrothorn with Hp Fire.

Latios @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
- Psyshock

GL with this Team !

Hi Shiny Serperior,
thanks for the feedback!!

the problem with HP fire is my lati@s don't have the IV's for it, since this is a wifi team, i've actually messed around with my hydreigon over latias since it has better coverage, and hits the steels , as for dragonite, the reason i didn't go with it is because it does the same job as hax with the exception of fire punch and an additional weakness,

other than inducing sun, i don't see the purpose of ninetails that isn't already covered and why put sunny day on a drought pokemon?

the dugtrio swap sounds like it could work, i'm just worried about tripling up an ice weakness, that would be half my team and my offensive threat wiped out on one moveslot which is the reason why jellicent is there, it, along with forry cover my attackers weaknesses

in using latios that gives me 4 ice weaknesses, which is way too many,

i might have not put it in the OP, but i'll explain it here, this is essentially a stall team, the walls cripple attackers and opposing walls, and forry sets up through out the match, stealth rock and 3 layers of spikes force my opponents to sacrifice HP just to try and take out a pokemon, sorry if i didn't make that clear

Hahaha, I guess you have a hard-on for shiny Pokemon. Well I enjoyed reading your team and your nicknames. Latias has one of the best shiny colors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)