Double Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Hello new council, welcome to the first votes! Right now we're cleaning up some of the issues raised last council. If you aren't council and you vote in here I reserve the right to inflict bodily harm to you.

Should the user's own field-hitting moves (Surf, EQ) break clones?
Yes
No

Should moves targeting up to 3 adjacent targets always break through Double Team, or target up to 3 clones?
Yes
No

Should such moves suffer the spread BAP Reduction?
Yes
No

Should damage caused by Weather destroy clones?
Yes
Yes - But exclude cases where it is not the weather, but the Pokemon's ability, such as Dry Skin
No

Should non-damaging attacks break a targeted clone?
Yes
No
Some should and some shouldn't

Should other residual damage break clones? (This includes Poison, Burn, and any damage caused by an arena)
Yes
No

akela Dogfish44 Pwnemon Its_A_Random ZhengTann SubwayJ Texas Cloverleaf

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No
Break all clones
(I'm not sure which is referred to by typing "Yes", so going with a longer answer)
Yes
No
No
No

Stratos

Banned deucer.
no
break all
no
yes but exclude
some should and some shouldnt
no

thus reaching a majority on questions one, two, and six

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Sorry for the silly large slate folks, we didn't really have any definite proposals.

No
Yes - Break All
(Sorry I messed this Q up, still a definite majority at this point)
Yes
Yes - But exclude
No

Incidentally, we have majorities on Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, and Q6. This means we just need IAR for Q5... or his full voting slate if he wishes.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Should non-damaging attacks break a targeted clone?

Because saying Yes to Question 5 is out of the question, I am afraid there is no better choice in my eyes. Have your subjectivity boots ready I guess.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
OK then. Q5 will now lead to a new thread.

Updated Double Team Description:

The Pokemon rapidly moves back and forth between several locations, creating several illusory clones. The clones make it harder for the opponent to figure out which Pokemon is the real one. Each clone counts as a separate target in addition to the real Pokemon. Single target moves directed at the Pokemon will strike one target, apply an accuracy check for the move to hit and then, unless the move has perfect accuracy, apply another check for if it hits the real target (hit = 100% / # of Targets). If it hits a clone, that clone disappears while all other clones remain. Multi-target moves will target all clones and apply a single accuracy check - this does incur the spread move penalty. Double Team dissipates completely once the real Pokemon is hit. A Pokemon may have up to four clones at a time and may create between 1 and 4 clones for a given use of the move.
Well that changed bugger all but added a wee bit of a description. Expect a thread on what damaging moves should & shouldn't break clones soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)