ORAS OU Double Trapper (1750 elo NEED HELP)

This is an offensive team utilizing a double trapping combination to eliminate Mega Pinsir's checks and counters (both offensive and defensive), so that Mega Pinsir can heavily pressure the opponent team or downright sweep.

I've managed to get it to a max of 1750 Elo (~80 GXE) before starting to bounce up and down on the ranking, but with such a standard ass standard team, I feel like it should be able to go higher. I made a lot of errors in play, but I think the team can also use some improvements.

Build Process

The team started with Mega Pinsir, as mentioned.

Tyranitar is used to Pursuit trap Mega Pinsir's offensive checks, while Magnezone is added to trap Mega Pinsir's defensive checks.

Serperior is added because it benefits from the double trap as well, while providing paralysis support and complementing offensive coverage.

Landorus-T and Starmie are added to round out the team, serving as pivots and handling the hazard game.

Team Details

upload_2016-7-25_1-17-26.png

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Mega Pinsir is one of the hardest hitting physical wallbreakers in the game, able to break through every defensive mon in the tier that does not resist Flying. The set is about as standard as it gets: no tricks like Feint or Substitute -- a choice of consistency as a wincon over situational advantage. Despite Magnezone support, Close Combat is still needed to defeat the oh so popular Tyranitar and Rotom-W.

upload_2016-7-25_1-17-35.png

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Bulky Steel types are some of the biggest obstacles in Mega Pinsir's sweep, which is why Magnezone is a fit here. The most important targets are Skarmory and Ferrothorn, but trapping Scizor is important as well for Serperior. Other important targets include Jirachi and Mega Metagross -- Jirachi can be downright removed depending on the set, whereas landing guaranteed damage on Mega Metagross is always a plus. This is the main reason of picking Scarf over Specs -- the ability to outspeed Scizor, Jirachi and Mega Metagross. Furthermore, the ability to outspeed opposing Mega Pinsir and Thundurus, both major threats to this team, is also critical. I feel that these advantages do outweigh the significant loss of power.

upload_2016-7-25_1-17-44.png

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Other things that can stop a Mega Pinsir sweep right in its tracks are faster attackers that do not fear Quick Attack: Mega Manectric, Raikou, Mega Aerodactyl, Talonflame, and to lesser extents, Latios, Mega Latias and Tornadus-T -- essentially a list of things that Tyranitar checks. What is unique about Tyranitar is that it can eliminate the things it checks via Pursuit, instead of just forcing them out. Choice Band is picked here for two reasons. One is to dent Rotom-W, which often likes to stay in and burn Tyranitar. Even after a burn, Rotom-W will still take too much damage from CB Stone Edge, so that it won't be healthy enough to switch in to Mega Pinsir. The other reason is the much more powerful Pursuit, which allows it to heavily damage Chansey for Serperior, as well as usually OHKO offensive Talonflame, Tornadus-T, Mega Manectric, Raikou etc. as they switch out, especially when you factor in chip damage like Sand and recoil. The given EVs outspeed Adamant Azumarill.

upload_2016-7-25_1-17-51.png

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Substitute
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Serperior becomes much more menacing with dual support from Tyranitar and Magnezone, and it supports the team by spreading paralysis, providing offensive coverage against bulky Waters and bulky Grounds, and serving as another win condition. Most Serpeior checks really hate paralysis, and those that don't really mind paralysis are usually trapped by Magnezone. This makes Glare a very powerful choice. Landing a paralysis on Latios, Jirachi, Mega Metagross, Tornadus-T, Mega Charizard-X and Y, Talonflame etc. is often game changing, rendering them easy targets for Mega Pinsir or Tyranitar. Since anything that Serperior wants to hit with HP Fire can be eliminated by Magnezone, HP Ground makes sense to hit Heatran -- which, as a bonus, allows it outspeed opposing HP Fire Serperior and paralyze. It also doesn't need Dragon Pulse, since Glare already cripples DP targets, and there's also Pursuit support. This leaves room for Substitute, which eases prediction and allows it to bypass Sucker Punch users like Bisharp.

upload_2016-7-25_1-18-0.png

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

You'd be hard pressed to find a pivot more tried and tested than Landorus-Therian. This set just fits in the team. It has excellent type synergy with Magnezone, providing a much more reliable Ground immunity. It also sets Stealth Rock, wears down physical attackers, and pivots into our own attackers with a slow U-turn. Knock Off over Rock coverage here, since Flying types are handled pretty well between Magnezone and Tyranitar, and removing Leftovers from Rotom-W, Tangrowth etc. is important.

upload_2016-7-25_1-18-10.png

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover

The team still needs hazard control, a status sponge, and another switch-in to Water, Ice and Fire type attacks -- essentially screaming for Starmie. A bulky variant with Natural Cure is chosen here, because Mega Pinsir's 4x weakness to SR requires a sturdier hazard remover, while Natural Cure is chosen because the team so far lacks a counter play to Scald and Will-O-Wisp. Scald is a key move. Landing a burn on Rotom-W (again) is a key to wearing it down. Ice Beam really is the only move of note. It gives Starmie the ability to comfortably beat TankChomp and defensive Landorus-T, two of the more common SR setters. Losing out on the ability to hit Keldeo super effectively is a boon, but choice version will lose to Starmie regardless, and when worst comes to worst we also have two ways of revenge killing it.

Threats

Zapdos:
Most annoying shit that checks Mega Pinsir. Tyranitar cannot reliably Pursuit trap it because it has very good natural bulk, and it is forced into Stone Edge a lot of times + with access to Roost Zapdos is very hard to wear down, wayy harder than Rotom-W (which doesn't resist Close Combat and has no reliable recovery). This is the only mon that despairs me right from team preview.

Weavile
This fearsome mon is called an offense breaker for good reasons. It outspeeds and OHKOs every single member on this team. That being said, it doesn't get any safe switch-ins, and it gets worn down easily. With Sand, LO recoil, Rocky Helmet and SR, it is not undoable to bring it into Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack range (not ideal cuz it takes around 50% from Ice Shard).

Bisharp
Anything on this team that resists Dark doesn't resist Steel, and the only Steel resist fears Dark. Magnezone loses the one on one, Pinsir takes quite a lot from LO Sucker Punch, and there are some mind games involved when it faces Serperior as well. Usually I would try to land a Glare on it asap, in which case Tyranitar would be able to revenge kill / force it out reliably.

CM Clefable:
This team doesn't have a super effective physical attack against it, which means once it sets up a free CM boost (which it can do against Starmie, Tyranitar locked into anything other than Stone Edge, and Magnezone locked on anything but Flash Cannon) it becomes difficult to take it down. Tyranitar can win the one on one, but one Stone Edge miss or full paralysis is all it takes for +1 Clefable to win.

Some Replays
Reached peak Elo
This is the highest rank opponent I played
lucky win against team with both Zapdos and Weavile

Importable
Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Substitute
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Last edited:
Sup Roonil,

my first recommendation is using Magneton over Magnezone. While you lose on power, you can still do your job by trapping and now you have someone on your team who actually outspeeds Weavile and can reliably revengekill it or force it out to let it take more Stealth Rock Dmg.

Secondly I do not like the synergy between Mega Pinsir and Serperior. While Mega Pinsir can indeed switch into predicted Amoonguss from Serp, Serp is usually used to force out Slowbros, Hippos, Quagsires.
A teammate who actually forces these defensive to take dmg so your Mega Pinsir can sweep is much better.
a) a Bisharp is one of the most reliable units to weaken Hippo and Quagsire.
b) you have TTar to double switch against predicted Slowbro switch ins so you can Pursuit Trap it. Just make sure the opponent cannot setup on Pursuit.

Another rate is using some kind of Healing Wish support because as you can see yourself, TTar in your team tries to handle sooo much. Lati, Talons, Slowbros, electrics and of course Stall Matchup. Also by giving your Tyranitar 209 speed you are able to outspeed Rotom-W, who usually try to be slow to gain a slow Volt Switch so the speedcreep is rare. Since you are very weak to Clefable, might as well use Jirachi with Healing Wish.

(Did not include Jirachi first, maybe test the changes first. I do not want to change more than 1 mon)

Updated team:
Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Hi. Nice team you have got.

Since it is pretty solid already, I'll try to make the minimal changes possible.

Here are my suggestions:

Keldeo > Serperior

Keldeo benefits from the pursuit support from TTar, so it would be a nice replacement for Serperior, which doesn't do much for your team. Keldeo is a great Dark check, something you have already mentioned. I think Scarf is nice on this guy as you lack a fast mon on this team. It helps to revenge-kill threats to your team such as Weavile, MDiancie and Electrics. Running Scarf on this also gives you an opportunity to run Specs on Magnezone, allowing you to hit Clef so it's less of a threat. The burn chance of Scald is really useful too.

Specs > Scarf
Now that you have Scarf Keldeo, you don't need too much speed on this thing. Fast things that Scarf Magnezone traps that Specs doesn't (such as Offensive MZor) are beaten by Scarf Keldeo too so it's not much of a worry. The good thing about this change is that you can hit Clef at +1 for serious damage, something that you appreciate.

Thunderbolt > Ice Beam
Ice Beam doesn't hit much for your team so it's not worth using it. Starmie is your best switch-in to Offensive Waters so you might like a way to retaliate. Thunderbolt is mainly for Volcanion.

EV Set (consider slower variant)
You do not want to take away 4 EVs in HP because the 8 EVs in SpDef has a purpose which can only be achieved with 252 HP iirc (survive MMane's HP Ice from full all the time). You could consider a slower set to gain momentum when U-Turning against other Lando-Ts.

Here are the sets:
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Ice

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

And with that, I'm done with this rate. Hope I helped and have a nice day!

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man really standar core you got here on Pinsir + Magnezone, which is deadly. After reading your RMT i found a couple more threats in the likes of Mega Kazam and Volcanion. Your team is really strong but depends on Pinsir to break stall, as tyranitar can be played around, the problem i found is that your hazard control lose 1v1 against sableye making Pinsir's opportunities harder. Another issue could be speed control, fast threats with really good movepool such as Weavile and Tornt runs throught your team quite easily. Let me give you another version/some suggestions of this squad:
  • First change would be Clefable > Serp, this change would help you to deal with some hard hitting threats like Kazam, Tornadus and Weavile. Also i think ice beam would be really cool here to lure SpD gliscor, although twave also works. Enough Def to take on Medicham too.
  • Latios with Colbur > Starmie, i like this change here personally because defog is more optimal than spin when you really need a hazard control, as you wanna keep Pinsir as healthy as possible. YOu can play around with HP fighting to lure bisharp, if you feel scarf tar isnt enough.
  • Yes, Scarf Tar and Specs Magnezone think is a better combination, as Scarf tar give you a bit more speed, and is a better revenge killer for stuff like thundy, gardevoir, medicham, etc.
  • And last Yache > RH on Landot could be nice to lure electric types as are really annoying to this team.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam / Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Latios @ Colbur Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Surf / Hidden Power Fighting
- Recover
- Defog
Hope i help you man. gl.

If you're still keen on Serp, I once ran a Glare set with a Sash. This guarantees you the Glare on a variety of boosted attackers so long as you keep rocks off the field, and means that if you even find yourself in a situation where you need a Contrary boost before you can do decent damage with your coverage you can have that extra turn. In that regard, I would probably run Dragon Pulse over sub, unless you're overly fearful of Toxic.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello , nice team here, a simple and straightforward mega Pinsir build which exploits the ability of the trapper to eliminate his checks, and thereby improving its sweep. After all, the team looks like you've already said, very weak to Weavile , In fact, with his speed and his good typing he manages to be very dangerous for your whole team, which has not safe or situational switches to it, and this is a big problem, since Weavile is very common nowadays as you said yourself, the residual damage is the only way to beat it, even if not the best, because it forces you to play by far switch to bait several knock off with Lando-t, causing them to suffer several indirect, but these play can be risky if the opponent plays aggressively, which will most likely see that your only way to beat him is to do it wear down by residual damage, I think the team needs a countermeasure to deal with it better; The team has some difficulty with Manaphy, this Wallbreaker this is very dangerous for your team, your only answer is the revenge kill using mega Pinsir and Serperior, having Tail Glow and a good movepool can threaten the whole team after a boost, also as I said above your unique answers to Manaphy are relatively two, and the rest of the team lost the 1v1 against it; Also two Wallbreakers as Kyurem-Black and SubSeed Serperior give problems to your team, Kyurem-B manages to bring down the whole team without too much trouble, even for it the only way so is the revenge kill, not having one situational switch for his moves, you have to play aggressively trying to beat him and to bait his moves to get to bring the check before suffering less damage possible, Subseed Serperior instead can become very boring for the team if he manages to set the sub, your answer is mega Pinsir, who still managed to handle it decently, but Serperior can weaken it with leech seed, and thus limiting its revenue because of Rocks, which Starmie (weak even it to Serperior) removes; Also Mega Sableye and Superpower Mega Scizor can be very difficult to deal with, mega Sableye can easily spread burns on your team weaken also special attackers as Serperior and Magnezone, you can deal with it using mega Pinsir and Serperior which have enought power to almost 2HKO it, but we need to consider that mega Pinsir hate the burn as well as Serperior, so if Sableye is in a Stall build, is really difficult to deal with, because common partners for mega Sableye in a stall teams are Amoonguss and Skarmory which are counter to them, Mega Scizor, especially the Superpower variant is very difficult to manage, Specs Magnezone is not a good check for it, because Offensive Mega Scizors are fast, also your Lando-t can be a switch in, but if it is roost Bulky Variant, can easily set-up Swords dance taking nothing from Earthquake, so Landorus sounds like a set-up bait for it, you can revenge kill him with mega Pinsir but only if is a +0, because if it set-up almost one SD, can win the 1v1 against mega Pinsir; also your team is really weak to Fairy types as Mega Gardevoir, CB Azumarill and Clefable as you mentioned above, these fairy pokemon are really annoying to deal with, just because you team lacks a solid steel type who can switch into mega Gardevoir more safely than Magnezone, Azumarill, especially the CB variant is really difficult to deal with, you can check it with Serperior and Magnezone, but you are forced to sack something to revenge kill it, Clefable is annoying, can set-up Cm easily, and after some Cms, it can beat Magnezone without problems, for checking it you has strong wallbreakers as mega Pinsir and Serperior , but these hate Twave and cannot OHKO it without a boost, also i think a solid steel type is needed for check it better; SD Bisharp, this sweeper is really hard to deal with, you have some revenge killers as mega Pinsir, and Lando that can win the 1v1, but it can set-up SD really easily against Starmie (forcing your switches), and after a dance, can beat both Landorus-t, Mega Pinsir and Magnezone, also your Tyranitar can't win the 1vs1 if it is locked in Crunch or S.edge, and can't lives an Iron head after rocks damage. Specs and SubCm Keldeo variants are really difficult to deal with, especially because your Starmie is a set-up bait for the Cm variants because lacks Psyschock, also the Specs variant is dangerous, this set is able to make huge damages on every member of your team, and also you can revenge kill it only with Mega Pinsir, Magnezone and Serperior, you need to play a bit aggressively to deal better with it; Another threats are Mega Alakazam and Tornadus-T, these threats can outspeed all members of your team and put pressure on them really easy, they can beat Tyranitar and Magnezone using Focus blast and Superpower, also Tornadus-T can use Heat wave for Zone, also they can beat with stabs the rest of the team, you can revenge kill them with mega Pinsir's Quick attack, and you can set-up SD against some common partners to mega Alakazam as Ferrothorn, TankChomp ( in the switch), and also can set-up SD front of some Tornadus-t's teammates such as bulky ground as Hippowdon ( in the switch), and mega Scizor, and after a dance you are still able to OHKO Tornadus-t and Mega Alakazam after rocks using Quick attack; Another very difficult threat to be faced are Rain builds, the rain abusers as Kingdra, mega Swampert and Kabutops manage to be very dangerous for your team, your only way to stop them is to use the priority moves, and to stall the rain turns, after which try to take out the Rain setter; another big threats are Volcarona and Volcanion, these two wallbreakers are very dangerous for your team, Volcarona, after a Quiverdance manages to be devastating, and your only way to stop it is to use mega Pinsir's Quick attack, which is definitely not very reassuring as the only answer to this threat, Volcanion instead thanks to its powerful SpA, manages to threaten all team Members (especially if Specs) actually the only pokemon that can enter "safe" is Starmie, which still fails to make him considerable damage, another check is Serperior, which still can not beat him 1v1, because it fails to OHKO with Leaf storm after rocks, then you can take a Fire blast and see Serp go down, however there are many pokemon in your team who can put pressure Volcanion, recommend immediately place the rocks, to limit his income, having Tyranitar as check to Latios (a common Volcanion partner) becomes difficult for the opponent to keep the situation under control if you play aggressively against these threats. My rate will try to make the team more prepared for these threats, trying to keep it more possible synergistic.

>

First of all, since the team is very weak to Kyurem-b, Azumarill, rain abusers as Kingdra, Swampert Mega, mega Gardevoir, Manaphy, Weavile and Mega Alakazam, i'd suggest using Ferrothorn over Serperior, Ferrothorn is a very good defensive pivot that covers most of the weaknesses of the team, also having Spikes, form a good core with Landorus-t thus having Spikes + Stealth rocks, which allow you to weaken your team a lot of threats like mega Medicham, Volcarona, mega Charizard X, also suggest using chople berry, this allows Ferrothorn to win the 1v1 against mega Alakazam, Gengar, mega Gardevoir taking better their Focus blast and the Azumarill's Superpower, Ferrothorn also weakens pokemon as Landorus-T, Rotom-W, Skarmory and Hippowdon that bother mega Pinsir, I'd like to mention that Ferrothorn helps a bit your ugly match up versus Thundurus, using leech seed and having Chople berry, Ferrothorn may be able to weaken it very quickly with indirect damages and Life Orb recoil, and would look to get their rocks as soon as possible in the field with Landorus you will find against Thundurus, also chople berry Ferrothorn helps the team to deal better with Rock tomb Sash Breloom, that win the 1vs1 with mega Pinsir, with Chople Ferrothorn, you can better manage this threat, perhaps breaking the sub, and then make breloom an easy target to revenge kill for mega Pinsir, also I would also like to point out your ugly match up against Mega Gyarados, that it after some dances, threatens your team, Ferrothorn manages to win the 1v1 with mega Gyara beating with Power whip, finally Ferrothorn helps a bit against the team Life orb Starmie, this is a very difficult threat faced by the offensive teams, if Starmie run Hidden Power fire, Ferrothorn can not get in, but you can revenge kill with Tyranitar.

>

After that, since your team is weak Volcarona, Wisp Talonflame Superpower mega Scizor, suffers a bit SubSeed Serperior, and finally suffers Rotom-w and a bit mega Charizard X and mega Sableye i'd suggest using Stallbreaker Solar beam Heatran over Magnezone, Heatran here also does the work of the trapper, but unlike Magnezone not likely to lose from setup sweeper resisting his stab, or locked by hp fire, thus giving a boost to free pokemon opponent, Heatran is able to trap bulky waters as Rotom-W and mega Slowbro that give trouble mega Pinsir also Heatran can also threaten Skarmory and Landorus-t, also using Toxic, can weaken Tankchomp and Talonflame, and finally Charizard X and Volcarona limiting their Sweep turns; a fast spread is needed to beat offensive mega Scizor, and i choose to run 64 Hp to survive a CC from Mega Pinsir without Rocks up, this spread so make you able to win the 1v1 with Pinsir if Tyranitar is gone, also Heatran can weaken Tornadus t if it don't run Superpower, if it run Superpower, usually it doesn't have Heat wave, so Chople Ferrothorn can deal with it, finally Heatran helps to deal with Clefable, using Taunt+ Magma storm you can trap it preventing Twave and Soft-boiled.

Finally, it's up to the final touches, since the team need speed control and a better check fro Thundurus, Volcanion, Starmie and mega Medicham i'd suggest to run Scarf tyranitar over band, i think now the Band version is not needed because you have Heatran that can check Skarmory and Rotom-w very well,and the team need a revenge killer for mega others mega Pinsir too, so i think scarf its an optimal change here, with hazard stack support it can beat easily mega Medicham, Thundurus, mega Gardevoir, Raikou, Talonflame, and mega Charizard Y and X(if unboosted), also it is a good check to SD bisharp using Superpower; Since pokemons as mega Manectric, Thundurus can bother you if play aggressive, I say as suggested by Dennis above, using Yache berry Landorus-t, this countermeasure is very good and unexpected for the opponent, since it is not very common, and if used well succeeds in being very efficient against fast electrics playing the ice coverage; finally, since Keldeo is a very difficult threat to deal with also i'd suggest to use Stone edge over K.off if you are using Yache berry version, this helps to deal with better with Thundurus, I would suggest to use Psyschock over Ice beam, this move can also helps against Gengar and others common poison types of the moment as Nidoking, and make Starmie able to beat Breloom.

Despite having discovered the majority of threats, the team still suffers Dark spam teams, especially Weavile + Bisharp core, to address them in the best you have to try to keep alive Ferrothorn, and try to threaten the opposing team with mega Pinsir, forcing the opponent to make the switch, and then come worn out by rocks, which Weavile does not appreciate in its terrain, also if the opponent plays Latios and Starmie, you can prevent Defog / Rapid Spin playing aggressively, preventing them to remove them, also SD LO Garchomp is a big threat for your team, but you can weaken it Ferrothorn and Landorus-t, and finally revenge kill him with mega Pinsir.
That's all man, I hope I have helped you, to good luck with the team :toast:

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 64 HP / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Solar Beam

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet / Yache Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Stone Edge

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
A quick look at this team and I can easily tell that both Bisharp and Weavile DESTROY this team. So I recommend the following:

Specs Keldeo > Serperior, Serperior is really cool mon that sweeps some under prepared teams. It also has a good synergy with Tyranitar, however, on your team it's pretty horrible. It also just adds to your Weavile weakness. Instead, I recommend using Keldeo because it provides more raw power, but serves as a nice check to both Weavile and Bisharp. Keldeo also has great synergy with T-tar as T-tar can take care of the latis for Keldeo to have a little bit more freedom.

Magneton > Magnezone, to help with your Weavile weakness a bit more, Magneton is preferred over Magnezone because it outspeeds Weavile with a choice scarf. This way you can have at least one pokemon outspeeding Weavile.

I would change a Pokemon for something that can take on mega metagross better. It gets the free switch in on pinsir revenges lando T and revenges CB tar. Magnezone Cant trap mega metagross and starmie isn't a switch in. Serp hardly does anything to mega metagross because of hammer arm. Lando T caner switch in because meteor mash + ice punch 2 hit KOs Lando T. I would add a rotom wash or a bulky water or ground type

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)