Doubles Battle! Destiny Warrior vs, Darkamber8828 (Ref: Deck Knight!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Huh? How did I spend 40 energy? Isn't it 5+7+9=21 energy? Even if it extends through rounds, that's only 27 energy, right?

Mm, whatever, gg Destiny Warrior! I learned a lot about Double battles from this! (Like beating type-disadvantages by double teaming on the offending pokemon)

GJ reffing Deck Knight, I laughed at your snarks. Maybe I'll imitate you.
You used Psycho Shock as your last action in the previous round, so it was 9 + 13 + 17, which is technically 39 not 40, but honestly given the mechanic is supposed to make more attacks straining and I wasn't going to leave you with 1 Energy after all that, especially since DW could probably argue more strain should have left him with 1 HP or something. In the end I just decided it was a draw.

I really don't care, seeing as ties are identical to wins, so I'm just trying to understand, so...don't think I'm being petty.

Consecutive Move Use (added 02/15/2011): Consecutively using attacks of the same name (Except Fury Cutter, Rollout, and Ice Ball which build in an effect like this) will increase Energy Cost by two (2) each time. (e.g. spamming an attack will cost its normal Energy Cost the first time, EC + 2 the second time, and EC + 4 the third time.)
So, uh...am I missing something?

EDIT: Fcuk.

*goes back to edit reffed battles*

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really don't care, seeing as ties are identical to wins, so I'm just trying to understand, so...don't think I'm being petty.

Consecutive Move Use (added 02/15/2011): Consecutively using attacks of the same name (Except Fury Cutter, Rollout, and Ice Ball which build in an effect like this) will increase Energy Cost by two (2) each time. (e.g. spamming an attack will cost its normal Energy Cost the first time, EC + 2 the second time, and EC + 4 the third time.)
So, uh...am I missing something?
Consecutive Move Use (updated 02/19/2011): Consecutively using attacks of the same name (Except Fury Cutter, Rollout, and Ice Ball which build in an effect like this) will increase Energy Cost by four (4) multiplied by each additional use. (e.g. spamming an attack will cost its normal Energy Cost the first time, EC + 4 the second time, and EC + 8 the third time.)
It was updated from 2 to 4 on the 19th, since 2 more each consecutive use didn't really impact battles enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)