Doubles Battle of the Week (Finally vs TGMD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I don't understand why you didn't waterfall turn 4 tenchi17. I presume you predicted top switch in (with sylveon), but I still do not see how switching gyara for sylveon was better than switching out skymin for sylveon. This would be a good play imo because you would avoid the potential ice beam from cress, and sylveon would just soak up a nonstab ice beam. And you still get benefit of waterfall damage along with sylveon switchin.
Was there something I was missing?
aurarayquaza
haruno
d-quag

finally
level 51
haruno

[22:07] +D-Quag: I want haruno vs level 51
[22:07] +D-Quag: because the hax will be amazing
[22:07] %finally: oh yes

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you want to see quality battles, you'd frankly have to pick people who actually care for this whole thing. Remember Braverius vs Nollan? Two top players who both just wanted to get this over with ASAP so they used subpar teams and Metronome Smeargle teams (granted, these were a lot of fun to watch but not exactly what this whole thing was made for, considering fun does not always equal quality, heh). I'd rather watch a good battle between two players that might not be at the very top of the meta but who are still very much capable of showing off a good fight, than a battle between two top players who both don't give a good goddamn about any of it/don't have the time to play so just have to get it over with quickly.
To be fair on Braverius' part, he was quite busy irl. If he was asked to battle for a different BoTW, he would have been more keen. However, you raise a very good point nevertheless.

Blank Zero
Fagtron
Finally

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Anything but Finally, Lolk and Robert Alfons is the wrong choice.
idc who he plays but Robert Alfons is playing this round imo

Matt

Maybe monads might not matter
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't understand why you didn't waterfall turn 4 tenchi17. I presume you predicted top switch in (with sylveon), but I still do not see how switching gyara for sylveon was better than switching out skymin for sylveon. This would be a good play imo because you would avoid the potential ice beam from cress, and sylveon would just soak up a nonstab ice beam. And you still get benefit of waterfall damage along with sylveon switchin.
Was there something I was missing?
aurarayquaza
haruno
d-quag
Yeah, Shaymin -> Sylveon and Waterfall with Gyarados would have been a better play there. My thought process:

1) After turn 2, I was kind of paranoid of doing the same thing twice so soon, and expecting Chandelure to stay in for a Waterfall seemed kind of weak.
2) If Chandelure's afraid of Waterfall, then Cresselia's the one to setup Trick Room, and hopefully Air Slash will stop that.
3) fangame doesn't use Ice Beam on Cresselia ever =]

Also,

AuraRayquaza
Brostime
Haruno

Last edited:
Finally
Robert Alfons
Lolk
BlankZero
Biosci
Brostime
Haruno
Aurarayquaza
Level 51
Youngjake93

Voting lasts for three days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)