Doubles Council Office Tour [Signups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
approved by kamikaze

Hey there! Come December, Doubles as a tier will be turning 5. That's five years of two-on-two fun, five years of bringing a new spin to Smogon battling, and five years of refusing to ban completely broken Pokemon! In celebration of our fifth anniversary, we'll be taking users on a tour through the Doubles Council Office. That's right, we have an office! Want to see what it looks like? Want to win some exclusive prizes? Want to do something besides battling? Sign up in this thread!

I'll personally be your guide, and I'll be taking users through the office in groups of at most three. Form a group of (up to) three and post your names in this thread, or sign up by yourself for that one-on-one guided tour experience! You can get your group members to like your post or post separately to confirm their attendance as part of your group. Signups will close on 30th November, which should give everyone a fair amount of time (3 weeks!) to find some friends to visit the office with.

The office tour will start on 2nd December at 2:00pm UTC, and everyone who signed up in this thread will be tagged when the actual tour begins. In the mean time, feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding the office tour in this thread. See you all there!

FAQ:
Q: Is this battling-related?
A: No.

Q: Can I form a group with fewer than 3 people?
A: Sure!

Q: What kind of activity is required for the tour?
A: About 3-5 days of involvement, maybe less, depending on how long the tour lasts. May require some amount of thought.

Signups:
Team Megumin Best Girl: qsns, Elise, Kaori
Team Two Ms and a Tree: Mizuhime, talkingtree, MajorBowman
Team yuki nagato is best girl: marilli, shaian, miltankmilk
Team Berkeley: Psynergy, nvakna, kamikaze
Team Some Crappy Yoda Pun: Paraplegic, GenOne, Yoda2798
Team Mishi Society: Mishimono, Demantoid, Z strats
Team "The Hottest In Competitive Competitions" a.k.a Team ㄒ卄丨匚匚: BlueSkiddo, Yellow Paint, thebagman
Team Mega Tar best girl: AuraRayquaza, DaAwesomeDude1, Nido-Rus
Team watchog is thicc: Watchog, cyanize, Matame
Team gay: finally, Checkmater, Hashtag
Team mtar is whack: Frania, Arcticblast, Heliodor
Team Alolan Bass Eaters: Caasi, Toxigen, zikam
Team disgusting fat sweaty weebs: Rwby, Taskr, LordST
Team One M and That's It: Memoric
Team Pineapple on Pizza: cant say, Solerme, NOVED
Level 51 Appreciation Team: DragonWhale, Jhon, chemcoop
cult of qsns: deoxys speed, Colbrushie
Team report my teammates: Play on Birds
Team random af: N01syBoy, 3017, yuruuu
Team forever alone: Flamestar

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Okay, so like, I need some help: initially, kamikaze bought some stuff to give away at the end of the office tour, and then he sent the receipt to the office to claim from the council fund. He told me they were "prizes" or something so I assume it's like a lucky draw kinda deal. But I just don't have the ability to figure out what this stuff even means. Can you guys maybe help me figure out what this prize is?

Mass-tagging all the teams who've signed up so far (below). Sorry, but I really need your help! Please PM me either on Smogon or Discord if you manage to figure this out :( if no one figures this out within a week (by 22 Nov midnight GMT-4) I'll have to call the shop and ask for myself.

Hey, I have an idea! Maybe you guys can discuss it together with your teams? Three heads are better than one, after all. Like a Discord server would be a good idea I think!

Team Megumin Best Girl: qsns, Elise, Kaori
Team Two Ms and a Tree: Mizuhime, talkingtree, MajorBowman
Team yuki nagato is best girl: marilli, shaian, miltankmilk
Team Berkeley: Psynergy, nvakna, kamikaze
Team Some Crappy Yoda Pun: Paraplegic, GenOne, Yoda2798
Team Mishi Society: Mishimono, Demantoid, Z strats
Team "The Hottest In Competitive Competitions" a.k.a Team ㄒ卄丨匚匚: BlueSkiddo, Yellow Paint, thebagman
Team Mega Tar best girl: AuraRayquaza, DaAwesomeDude1, Nido-Rus
Team watchog is thicc: Watchog, cyanize, Matame
Team gay: finally, Checkmater, Hashtag
Team mtar is whack: Frania, Arcticblast, Heliodor
Team Alolan Bass Eaters: Caasi, Toxigen, zikam
Team disgusting fat sweaty weebs: Rwby, Taskr, LordST

Thanks in advance! I'll figure out some way to repay your team if you can help me :)

(P.S.: signups are still open for the tour! don't let this intimidate you!)

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
i lurk this forum more than i actually play doubles but this looks like a fun meme if anyone wants a random free agent im in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)