1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Doubles Minotaur #2 - BARN ALL [Won by Mizuhime]

Discussion in 'BW Doubles' started by Level 51, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Format copied shamelessly from Joeyboy's OU Mini-tournaments.
    [​IMG]
    Standard Doubles of Smogon Mini-Tournament #2
    How to participate:

• The Standard Doubles Mini-Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".
    • The Rounds will last exactly 4 days from the second the round is posted here in the OU sub-forum. At the end of the 4 days, unfinished matches at the deadline will decided by coin flip. Exception: *If you contacted your opponent but they do not respond by the day before the deadline, then if that match does not get completed you will win by activity*
    • Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, 32, 48 or even 64 participants. It will be first come first serve. Sign-ups will last for approximately 3 days unless the tournament reaches 64 participants, at which point sign-ups will finish.
    General Rulings for all Tournaments (open)

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Standard Doubles Mini-Tournaments Rules:

• Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.
    • Standard Doubles. Refer to this page for more information on usable Pokemon.
    • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
    • You may (in fact, you are likely to be forced to) switch your team each round.

Battle Clauses:

• Evasion Clause
    • OHKO Clause
    • Sleep Clause
    • Species Clause
    • Soul Dew Clause
    • Timed Battle
    • Team Preview

How to challenge your opponent:
    To challenge your opponent, click their name on the Showdown user list in the Lobby, then click "Challenge". Set the format to "Smogon Doubles" under the doubles category.

Other things to note about Standard Doubles Mini-Tournaments:

• There won't be more than one tournament running at a time.
    • Any of the above rules are subject to change depending on the tournament at hand.
    • The second post will always outline the special rules of the tournament.
    • Please turn in a log or replay of your battle once it has been completed. This will ensure there is no drama, and select replays can be put up on the Standard Doubles thread once the tournament reaches a close.
  2. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

~BARN ALL~
    [​IMG]
    H
    e won't be dancing for much longer...

Standard Doubles is a pretty liberal metagame, allowing duplicate items, a handful of Ubers, and even the dreaded DrizzleSwim! But what would happen if Standard Doubles wasn't so lenient? Let's find out what happens with a bunch of bizarre bans!

Round 1
    FUK RAIN: No team may include a Pokémon with the ability Drizzle AND a Pokémon with the ability Swift Swim.

3. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

4. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Lead

this sounds INteresting

buhbye kingdra :(
  5. Joim

Joim All promises become a lie, all that's bening corrups in time
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

6. Braverius

Braverius Free the music, unleash the vibe
    is a Tiering Contributor

In.

And oh man THIS SONG summarizes this format.
  7. Ace Emerald

Ace Emerald Professional
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Visual Media Head

Sounds cool, in
  8. WasSollDas

WasSollDas

9. Sound

Sound

In. Wish I had something witty to put here, as well.
  10. Doughboy

Doughboy house of champions
    is a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

11. HabibsHotDogs

HabibsHotDogs

12. Darkmalice

Darkmalice Like a facepalm, but better
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

13. youngjake93

youngjake93

14. BlankZero

BlankZero
    is a Tutor

Fuck it.

In.

Before Sun Dominates, that is.

:)
  15. EspyOwner

EspyOwner

in
    fuk rain
    Ludifag more like
  16. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Lead

running a rain dish ludi nickname ludiYOLO whos with me
  17. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Winner of the Biggest Dork Competition 2014
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

18. nyttyn

nyttyn

in

sup mah homies
  19. Audiosurfer

Audiosurfer have one on me
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

20. IstheCakeReallyaLie

IstheCakeReallyaLie

21. Qwilphish

Qwilphish Spiritual
    is a Pre-Contributor

22. tennisace

tennisace brock you like a hurricane
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

23. mikel

mikel frizy will carry ocn
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

in
    Frizy likes this.
  24. Mizuhime

Mizuhime We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

fresh meat boys
  25. TheBlueBlazingFox

TheBlueBlazingFox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)