Doubles OU Aesthetic Thread

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
welcome to power rankings by your dessert flan

in 6th we have arcticblast's santalune storms. although he did manage to pickup a couple good players in kamikaze and frania, the rest of his team seems to be just okay. unfortunately for arctic, having 2 teams does not mean you get twice the chances of winning. we'll see if the previous host hashtag will be able to take out the vowels of any opposing teams and consequently demoralize them
in 5th are braverius' new bark loud puppies. with the core of braverius/biosci/marilli braverius decided it was a good idea to buy the -outl and former -nutl. whatever his drafting strategy was, you can rest assured his players know how to play singles. we can potentially see good play from nadando and dragonwhale, but what we all know we are waiting for is totem's ORAS mega ampharoses
in 4th samvgc's rustoboro baptist church. repping the core of samvgc/qsns/mishimono this team will definitely have some activity issues. between the army commitments of level 51 and the total disappearance of dawg, we can expect the subs to see a ton of action on this team. the subs are the lovely texan mrbopper who has been storming the doubles ladder recently and pearl who i've been personally playing oras with.
in 3rd the space jams lead by the wise and handsome shaian. all of the players are good, and then there are a couple greats: demantoid, pocket, dad1. they'll have a very strong past gens core in dawoblefet, blueskiddo, and pocket and an even stronger SM core in dad1, demantoid, pocket. and of course we can't forget the elusive xpatriette with his waifus latias and meloetta. and last but certainly not least, our beloved pwnemon will be helping in the back
in 2nd tramplers lead by -doutl memoric. the M core of memoric/mizuhime/majorbowman/miltankmilk/matame will prove formidable in past as well as new gens. mizu will be able to bring a W every week in BW and majorbowman is expected to bring W's in SM. they have excellent supporting members in the wonderful genone (teambuilder and damage calc extraordinaire) and nvakna. however the question everyone was left asking was why did memoric nominate makiri, the most consistently hated man of the whole doubles community? this man will not interact with his team at all, maybe show up to his games, and then shittalk the whole community. memoric could have bought literally anyone else and it would have vastly improved his team dynamic and quite probably his wins.
in 1st shitposters taking the helm with checkmater. ahh what can i say? shitposters win again. classic. if only uncle pwnemon was here to see it, he would be so proud :'). with the core of stax, finally, croven the shitposters have an extremely solid SM core. the problem this team will be facing is which one of their players do they wanna throw into oras and bw since all of their players are amazing SM players but questionable in the older gens.

and the teams are off! into their discords, teambuilding, making memes, singing vocaroos. I hope you have a wonderful DPL whether you are a player or a spectator. and remember, pokemon is about having fun sometimes too!

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
1) Tramplers: Really solid lineup, should be strong in SM but XY is a bit questionable. BW is solid, should pull some wins between Mizuhime and makiri. Performance as a team likely hinges upon MajorBowman being worth the 28k price tag, as things get much shakier following that slot.

2) Loud Puppies: Lineup has a lot of potential to be really good but also a lot of potential to flop. I expect this team to either be in finals or be close to last. Zach/Bio are both good so long as they understand the mechanics of the generation they play, and marilli should pull a lot of wins. Likely comes down to success of BLOOD TOTEM and nadando in XY/BW.

3) Space Jams: Overall good roster but lacks what I would call a true superstar player, similar to Tramplers of last year. Misaki is a good 3k pick, and I think BlueSkiddo will surprise people.

4) Shitposters: Started strong with buys of Stax and finally but finished the draft a bit aimlessly. We'll have to see if Stax comes out motivated and if players like GRAND EMPRESS and florist can follow up on some decent seasonal runs. Check not buying himself was one of the largest errors of the draft imo

5) Storms: Not gonna pretend I know what was happening here, this teams SPL record for the past two years is 1-13, Yoda only just came back to life after spending an eternity in the shadow realm, and roster will likely take some ironing out that im not sure this tour has enough time in it to really figure out. Tman/Jhon should surprise people, but I'm not sold on this team at all.

Last edited:
im still super drunk but heres some innitial reactions:

arctics team: i think im on this team, everypne else is a ghosting spot easy win.
checks team; (BAN ME PLEASE) didnt spend upwards of 50k on me, easiesy win of my career.
samvgcs team: who let this guy have the gayest name ever? srsly tree this man deserves a fukn handful of shame marks from the start
eceryone else; not even worth typing for tbh not just bc i cba to research actual info on them

edit is there actually a thread for this tho

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Tramplers
Loud Puppies
Space Jams
Church
Shitposters

indepth ratings coming Soon(tm)
Poor Arcticblast. Not only can he not draft a decent lineup, he can't even rank the other teams properly. Without donors' support, Arcticblast will be doomed to a lifetime of ghosting and incorrect power rankings. Please be generous in your donations to the Teach Arcticblast Pokemon, Drafting, And Team Arrangement Society Service fund (TAPDATASS). Every dollar goes a long way towards moving Church away from 4th (and Storms away from 6th).

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
http://prnt.sc/etular for reference

1) The Rustboro Baptist Church (managed by SamVGC): SamVGC, qsns, Mishimono, Level 51, mrbopper, EmbCPT, Dawg, Level 56, Pearl, rozes

Solid team, though Pearl / rozes aren't exactly ideal benchwarmers, I know Pearl can play some solid xy so not exactly empty slots either. Other than that, you've got solid players in SamVGC, qsns, Mishimono, 51, bopper, and Dawg, while from what I hear and have seen myself Level 56 is an oldie but a goodie for xy and EmbCPT is some vgc god. I think of the teams we see this is the only one that came out of the draft with a really solid lineup besides shitposters ;). Though many of these strong players are activity risks I expect SamVGC to be able to bring them together for a good season especially since he's worked with them before.

2) The Tohjo Tramplers (managed by Memoric): Memoric, Mizuhime, MajorBowman, miltankmilk, Matame, SableyeMyBae, GenOne, Lolk, makiri, nvakna

Mizu for 5k was a steal, assuming she's willing to work with Memoric and contribute to a positive team environment. MajorBowman was (in my head) tied with finally, Stax, Biosci, and Demantoid as the strong grabs of the draft, so he'll obviously be having strong weeks. Good on Memoric for keeping nvakna in his pocket until the end, he'll pay off if he gets to play matches (seriously, look at his seasonal record). Memoric, milk, and Matame are all strong players, while SMB, GenOne, and Lolk have all demonstrated a love of the game and an ability to grow / learn.

As for makiri, I hope you talked to him sometime earlier or know him personally or something, best of luck dealing with that.

3) The New Bark Loud Puppies (managed by Braverius): Braverius, Biosci, BLOOD TOTEM, marilli, nadando, Paraplegic, DragonWhale, TDK, FLCL, leimin, Haruno

Braverius is leading up the Puppies with a solid lineup too, with Biosci+Braverius forming a solid spl veteran core, BLOOD TOTEM posing a possible motivation/activity risk but still being solid in XY, while marilli, nadando, and DragonWhale are all strong players. Don't know FLCL personally, but leimin's a vgc name that should be strong, and Haruno's always there to help out.

4) The Mossdeep City Space Jams (managed by shaian): shaian, Demantoid, Pocket, DAD1, Nido-Rus, Matt, DaWoblefet, BlueSkiddoWeCanToo, Misaki~

I put this team in 4th not because I think they are weak - far from it, they have a solid core of demantoid and dad1 with good players to back them up. Rather, I just think slots 1-3 are stronger, with bigger names and better players. It'll be interesting to see how much Misaki~ and DaWoblefet can develop as players in a good team environment.

5) The Santalune Storms (managed by Arcticblast): kamikaze, Laga, Yoda2798, Cease Tick, frania, Lorda Floterchai, AuraRayquaza, Tman, Tymano, n10sit, Jhon, Hashtag, Psynergy

More is not necessarily better. Looking at this team, there are some solid team members but there's also no big-strength buys leading the charge. With some activity risks and being mostly comprised of decent players and good builders, I expect this team to give it a good run but ultimately fall before the stronger lineups they will be up against.

Shitposters are being slept on. Best of luck to everyone and here's to a fun season!

yall making power rankings like its a serious thread
in the meantime new bark puppies needs a more honest logo (the current one has only FIVE puppies, cheap af)

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Ever wondered which users are making the biggest splashes in the DPL? Thought about looking at the Player Rankings? Bet you didn't know that that's completely the wrong way to go about it! As we all know, the credibility of a user is directly proportional to how many likes they can earn from posting mildly relevant comments during a team tournament. Studies have shown that this is in fact the primary reason everyone makes fun of Arcticblast (though the Storms come a close second).

But how would we be able to tell, at a glance, which users we should trust and which we should ignore? Fear no more, for I present you with the
>> DPL LIKES LEADERBOARD <<
*update frequency subject to personal availability.

Some comments:
  • Arcticblast has awful like:post efficiency.
  • BlueSkiddo was the first user to earn 100 likes out of this tournament, despite Demantoid's efforts with his fucking 2313-word behemoth.
  • Demantoid's aforementioned "fucking 2313-word behemoth" received the most likes of any single post (48), and singlehandedly propelled Demantoid to 4th on the leaderboard.
  • n1n1 is in 7th place at the time of writing despite quitting as soon as manager results were released. Could he perhaps be one of the more credible users in the community??
  • A blank cell shows that the user has not posted in the thread, whereas 0 indicates that the user has posted but received 0 likes despite their best attempts at a good meme / win post / power rankings / etc.

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Poor Arcticblast. Not only can he not draft a decent lineup, he can't even rank the other teams properly. Without donors' support, Arcticblast will be doomed to a lifetime of ghosting and incorrect power rankings. Please be generous in your donations to the Teach Arcticblast Pokemon, Drafting, And Team Arrangement Society Service fund (TAPDATASS). Every dollar goes a long way towards moving Church away from 4th (and Storms away from 6th).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)