Doubles OU Sample Teams

thinkin

Banned deucer.
also it cant really deal with lati. not switching into kansacan (/ loosing to it under tailwind or trick room) is a problem

are you guys kiddin, it hasnt lost me a game in a literal year (18-0)
you can say "oh its only beat meh players" (which isnt true) but even if it were, it is still by a wide margin the best rain team available. I also wanted to show a bunch of different things so I wanted a rain team for sure (gimme a diancie team someone pls).

It also hasn't lost a tournament game
IN A YEAR

but if you guys can find a more successful rain team I would be happy to exchange it.

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
To restate what I said earlier, qsns' deo a kang team really should be a sample. Firstly, I think it's probably the best (or only) good take on HO post-skymin. It's also incredibly good and proven itself very well

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
I've changed kang from hammer arm to low kick. My original justification, hitting diancie, kinda actually makes no fucking sense. Hammer arm has 100 bp whereas Double-edge has like 90 equivalent bp against diancie (1/2 from resist *1.5 from stab) so it essentially does just as much as hammer arm. Also speed lowering never comes into play. Low Kick does some pretty huge damage to kang and ohkos some things at -1 too, while also not having the miss chance.

If anyone can think of a good reason to keep hammer arm I might but doesn't look like it
i would use hjk if i could

Bunny Bunny Bunny,always funny, in a DOU meta

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

(Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 108 HP / 132 Def / 132 SpA / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 96 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- Thunderbolt

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Before you all start shooting me with MEGA KANGASKHAN IS BETTER let me explain myself. Kangaskhan underspeeds so many pokemon that i felt were very threatening in dou after a few matches such as terrakion,scarf lando,thundurus,keldeo etc. Kangaskhan also loses to sub aegislash which is also VERY common at high ladder. Lopunny also outspeeds things such as greninja,gengar(-mega),and other base 125s, its per.Other stuff on this team is pretty standard. EVs on rotom allow a <50% chance to survive solar beam from char Y while still speed creeping rotom and keeping all of my special attacks EVs. The Breloom is actually quite good in practice as it can outspeed and spore basically anything <base 125 as well as being able to rock tomb pokemon such as charizard and thundurus and having stab. It provides a secondary check to trick roomers who have mental herb. Superpower is also preferred over mach punch and force palm because of the increased damage as breloom doesn't need speed due to its choice scarf.. Heatran is standard and forms a nice core with rotom as well a decent check to non mega-camerupt trick room. Thundurus is life orb with max spA because it just does so much work in practice, allowing OHKOs on even invested landorus-T and garchomp with hp ICE and 2HKOes on heatran. I chose taunt over swagger because it is more practical and less luck based, as in, it can taunt venusaur amoonguss breloom or even tailwind/trickroom users.It can also taunt screeners. Rain teams can still be a minor problem but rotom-W has enough bulk to sometimes take two giga drains and at the same time 2HKOs politoed (most common rain setter) with thunderbolt. *Edit* I changed breloom to amoonguss because amoonguss pretty much killed my team (due to a certain phenomenon known as max sleep.)

Checks/counters:
Talonflame: This is a problem for lopunny and especially breloom lacking protect and focus sash due to priority. With good support (the removal of my rotom-W heatran core) it can be very dangerous.
Sun: A sun team,with good prediction and support,can be dangerous. Again, thundurus landorus provides an OK check but without good prediction it may be beaten.

Last edited:
Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Protect

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Tailwind
- Protect

(Aegislash) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

(Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

(Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

you have been visited by the genies of a healthy meta. also blastoise is ca$h

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The formatting on Stratos' Sun Team needs to be fixed. Kyurem-B is right under Aegislash and it screws with importing.

Also, EV spread explanations would be cool. I want to know what I'm outspeeding.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Since Stratos' description says something along the lines of "lol no" to explaining EV spreads, I'd recommend checking out the EV Spread Compendium on this forum - that should explain most if not all of the sets and their background, as well as show potential other options if for some reason one of Stratos' isn't working out for you.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
kyle wrote that one

heres a description: my goal was to build a sun team that was solid against charizard checks like Rocks and heatran, and was able to play without Zard at all if need be. Lando, Aegis, and Venusaur can handle Rock-types well. Lando, Cube, and Zapdos are good against Talon and Aegislash can tank a Flare Blitz and destroy things back in a pinch. Against teams less prepared for Sun I usually just lead Lando/Zard and destroy with Heat Waves. Against most other teams, Venusaur outside of sun can actually be fairly potent. Zapdos's Tailwind boosts the entire team which is basically middling speed mons into the very threatening range. At +2 speed Aegislash outruns Diancie. Zapdos and Charizard are both EVed to outrun Timid Loom. Zap has one more speed point so that against Heatran they both outrun; Zap can thunderbolt the Sub and Charizard will KO with HP Ground. You could probably use Earth Power Hydreigon over Kyurem-B for the Fire resist and better matchup with Bisharp and Aegislash, but with Kyurem-B the team has a secondary wincon in case Charizard isn't usable, and is much bulkier which fits my style as opposed to LO Hydreigon. Venu outspeeds Jolly Lando at +2.

stone dino (Aerodactyl-Mega) (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Sky Drop
- Protect
- Aqua Tail

kfc (Blaziken) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- High Jump Kick
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

hydranoid (Hydreigon) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 216 HP / 152 SpA / 16 SpD / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Tailwind
- Protect

what is a bird? (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

what is a fairy? (Aegislash) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

smack down (Amoonguss) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 192 HP / 136 Def / 28 SpA / 152 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

There seriously has got to be at least 1 team that has more uncommonly used Pokemon so it's easier to orient people about stuff.

Since I just turned 15 exactly today, I figured that I share my team with you guys, which is actually supposed to be my revamped M-Aero team for the Teambuilding Comp that I haven't posted for some reason. Anyway, the premise of this team is to be able to exploit a powerful core in Mega Aerodactyl and Blaziken in the most comfortable way possible. This core performs well in the offensive spectrum, being able to eliminate most threats with ease. More details can be found here. I added the infamous bulky Hydreigon to compensate the immediate Trick Room weakness. Tailwind support is also nice to have to get additional speed. To patch up some weaknesses in Landorus-T, I added Rotom-W and Aegislash, which provides burns and wide guard support respectively. Aegislash makes us a bit resilient against Mega Diancie match-ups. Rotom adds another flying resist as well, which is cool. Finally, we have Amoonguss as an additional Trick Room and Mega Kangaskhan check with Rocky Helmet. It also patches up a small weakness in Rain.

You do have to be aware of a potential Scarf Kyurem-Black weakness. It outspeeds everything and will be quite difficult to deal with. However, it gets choice locked at some point so it wouldn't be much of a deal. Deo-A + Mega Kangaskhan match-ups can also be threatening, so be aware of that as well. Otherwise, this team is easy to use, and I recommend beginners and you guys to use this team.

(2/2)

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
why is that no dragon move hydreigon? when Stratos said he was going to be more helpful i didn't realize this is what he meant

You do have a point, but it's actually my personal preference to avoid SpA drops. Draco works well if you'd like to swap Earth Power out.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Dragon Pulse is better than Earth Power too

it's Tailwind that should go if I'm being 100% honest, Tailwind is actually the worst thing you could put in the third slot and this is coming from someone who put Charge Beam there once

we really ought to get new teams in here
this one's a p good garde team
qsns did ✈ (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 72 HP / 108 Def / 220 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 112 SpA / 24 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Snarl
- Tailwind

we need a diancie+jirachi one since it's so easy to use tbh
I'll probably post one tomorrow when I have time unless someone posts one better b4 me

Less Hax (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Hax (Jirachi) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 80 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Icy Wind
- Iron Head
- Protect

Para hax (Thundurus) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Flinch hax (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Freeze hax (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Sleep hax (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

Beating you to the Diancie + Jirachu core Derivatives.

Other than that it is a fairly standard offensive team that has some issues with M-Gard and Ferro, but other than that it does well for itself

Will put a better explanation later.

Less Hax (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Hax (Jirachi) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 80 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Follow Me
- Icy Wind
- Iron Head
- Protect

Para hax (Thundurus) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Flinch hax (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Freeze hax (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Sleep hax (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

Beating you to the Diancie + Jirachu core Derivatives.

Other than that it is a fairly standard offensive team that has some issues with M-Gard and Ferro, but other than that it does well for itself

Will put a better explanation later.
Why'd you choose bulky thundy instead of the now more common fast thundy? also, if you really want to beat garde, 124 attack evs on rachi gives you a guaranteed ohko on 4/0 garde, tho its a lot of investment

Why'd you choose bulky thundy instead of the now more common fast thundy? also, if you really want to beat garde, 124 attack evs on rachi gives you a guaranteed ohko on 4/0 garde, tho its a lot of investment
Originally I did run Fast Thund over Bulky thund, but I switched over later due to the fact that Thundurus was worn down a little too quickly, since there were many tims I would have to switch it in on weaker spread moves (or weak moves in general), and even the life orb recoil meant it can't come in time and time again and paralyze stuff, especially when Rocks are up.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Posting a really cool mega gardevoir team from user n10sit:

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Psychic
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 132 SpA / 40 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Snarl

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 28 SpA / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Protect

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

i used this team to beat flame road in fall seasonal and he's a finalist of winter seasonal so it must be some sick shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)