Resource Doubles OU Team Bazaar: Sample Teams here! [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel like simply sharing a team or two to the community, or maybe want some general opinions or discussion on a team, this is the thread for you! This thread is the place for people to post teams without having to make an RMT; if you feel like showing off a squad without having to make a thread, this is the place to do it.

We still have some guidelines to follow though:
  • Make sure your team has been tested! This team can possibly be used as resource so having substandard teams is a no-no.
  • Make sure to include an importable and a description for your team! Describe how it works, how it plays out, anything special about a set, stuff like that.
Feel free to add some other stuff to your posts as well; sprites are great as a visual guide! Having some song from YouTube or whatever to fulfill an aesthetic is fine too!

Example post, from last gen's version of this thread:

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 88 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Torterra @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 72 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Wide Guard

Scrafty @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 220 Atk / 44 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Guard

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SpA / 232 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Rock Slide

This is a random team that I built a few months ago, basically I just felt like building with Torterra and winging it from there. I started out with Mega Charizard Y + Torterra, figuring that there could be some synergy between the two and that Wide Guard can support the former. At that point, it went from supporting the duo by getting stuff that can deal with threats; Scrafty was somewhat useful for limiting physical attackers with Intimidate and dealing with Hydreigon, while Substitute Aegislash is there to deal with Latios and other stuff while giving me another possible wincon. Offensive Thundurus is there for the speed control, as decent-ish bird answer, and as another answer to Waters because heck yeah screw them; it's also there to just give the team more of a punch as an attacker. HP Ice is because Hydreigon is a PTA, not like I'll miss Flash Cannon for Mega Diancie since Thunderbolt will still hit like a truck and I have plenty of ways around it. Kyurem-B is there for the Speed safety net and serves as a way to gun down opposing Scarf Landorus-T, with Rock Slide as the final move for reasons you should already know. Overall, this is just a fun squad that I use occasionally, it's good enough that I could prolly use it in a serious tour game lol but yeah.
Sample teams are included in this post! Basically, exemplary posted teams are going to be featured on the OP (this post) of this thread. These teams have proven to be good and are basic enough for beginners to use, allowing them to pick up the fundamentals of teambuilding and doubles play.

Teams are to be labeled as samples at my discretion, with consultation from other high-level players such as members of the council and VR ranking team. In any case, do not ask me to put your team here. If I think a team is a good fit for sampling, it will be included.

Sample Teams

Metagross Tailwind Offense
by EmbCPT
Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 64 HP / 28 Atk / 248 SpD / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
Ability: Static
Happiness: 0
EVs: 232 HP / 132 Def / 56 SpA / 72 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Amoonguss @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 28 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
The idea behind this team was to utilize the amazing synergy Tapu Fini, Zapdos, Landorus-T and Mega Metagross have. Their offensive coverage is out of this world, they're all very high tier Pokémon with solid stats and they cover for each other's weaknesses brilliantly. It's by itself a core that includes Intimidate, Terrain control, Speed control, a Mega and a Steel type, 5 features that are nearly necessary on every team. Amoonguss is an outstanding Pokémon that supports the team with redirection, which is extremely helpful against many common matchups; Spore, which can pressure Flying types and levitators like opposing Zapdos and Landorus, as well as teams with Tapu Bulu or no Tapu at all; Giga Drain, which helps breaking certain Water types, mainly the ones seen in Rain teams; and Clear Smog, a valuable tool against set up strategies. Incineroar patches up some weaknesses like Ghost and Dark, while providing more Intimidate, Fake Out support and checking opposing Steel types. Both Amoonguss and Incineroar offer immense help against Trick Room teams, since the former often outspeeds some of the sweepers under the twisted dimensions and puts them to sleep, and both brilliantly stall out its turns thanks to Fake Out and Rage Powder.

Scizor Balance
by MajorBowman
Hate That You Know Me (Kyurem-Black) @ Electrium Z
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Let's Get Married (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Foreign Girls (Gothitelle) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 216 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Goodbye (Landorus-Therian) @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

I Miss Those Days (Volcanion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 248 SpA / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

All My Heroes (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 40 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Protect
In keeping with the Electric Spam theme from week 6 against Jhon, talkingtree and I once again decided that Koko + Kyurem was a good call. We switched it up this time however, and went with Electrium Z Kyurem and Magnet Koko to make Kyurem more of a nuke option. We knew that Edu liked using Tapu Fini, so we wanted to be able to lure it in against Kyurem and snipe it. While Edu didn't bring Fini, he did bring another Water/Fairy type that suffered an unfortunate fate at the hands of Gigavolt Havoc. Scizor is still a pretty cool Pokemon that I think has a pretty great niche in setup attacker with strong priority, and we already had some solid answers to fire types so it felt like a good fit. My Belgian hero McMeghan had been suggesting that Shadow Tag was a stupid good ability that I hadn't taken advantage of yet, so I decided to give Gothitelle a shot and was absolutely not disappointed. I haven't really touched Goth that much in USUM DOU since I was never really a big fan of using GothLax. However, Gothitelle is super good as a standalone Pokemon with a ton of support options. I literally said in Tigers chat "I'm kind of a whore for Helping Hand" and that was probably pretty evident from this game against Edu.

Camerupt Trick Room by miltankmilk
Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Stakataka @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Trick Room
- Protect

Scrafty @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 16 SpA / 108 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Recover
This team started with the idea that Diancie was actually a pretty cool pick, with good matchups vs incin and gengar. The obvious choice was to use Trick Room options along with diancie, and a full room team was an idea that sounded cool to me as it hadn't been something played a lot in DPL. Camerupt and Staka are TR staples, hitting very hard and moving very slowly. Scrafty supports the TR setters with fake out and intimidate, and was not weak to water like other intimidate options which I felt was important in improving the Fini matchups while using diancie, camel, staka. Bulu also helps this weakness, helps to control terrain and hits very hard with its Z move. P2 is the last mon here, its fat and does p2 things including doing respectable damage with a good download boost and setting trick room multiple times. Hard TR is definitely a "lets play the matchup roulette" kind of team but I think in the current meta you win that gamble more than you lose it with fullroom, enjoy.

Mega Charizard Y Offense
by emforbes
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
Modest Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Detect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 2 Spe
- Icy Wind
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Ally Switch

Landorus-Therian @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 12 Atk / 56 Def / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Protect
The team is quite a straightforward Charizard team, which aims to put huge pressure on the opponent with the combination of Charizard + Koko + Kartana and set up facilitate a Kommo-o setup. Kartana is very fast and provides Tailwind support for the breakers on the team, and with Koko gives good Tapu Fini answers. Porygon2 and Landorus-T give the team a bulkier side to it, while also providing good Koko checks, alternative speed control and Defog support for Charizard. Ally Switch can be key in protecting Charizard or Kommo-o for that key turn to get some big damage off. Stealth Rock on Kommo-o can take advantage of defensive plays from the opponent and really pressure the opposing team with the big damage output the team has. Most of the EV spreads are quite simple, with Charizards being notable to outspeed Tapu Lele and Kyurem-B, OHKOing offensive variants with Overheat. Typically your game plan should be to hit hard with Charizard early in the game and get Tailwind up as quickly as possible to find a good opportunity to set Kommo-o up. Keep rocks off of your side of the field at all times and make use of your pivots in Koko, Landorus and Porygon2 to keep terrain control and pressure, especially vs. rain teams. It is very important to note that if both players have Stealth Rock set up, you can Defog your partner to remove rocks from your side of the field, but keep them up on your opponents side of the field.

Mega Manectric Balance by Ezrael

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Roar
- Protect

Victini @ Assault Vest
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Glaciate
- U-turn
- Incinerate

Landorus-Therian @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 36 SpA / 28 SpD / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 108 SpA / 32 SpD / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Protect

Kartana @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpD / 160 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
- Protect
This team is a very standard Manectric balance team. It aims to deal damage slowly, but set up the potential for big nukes. The first five mons form a very solid defensive core. Manectric and Landorus provide Intimidate and Snarl, and Victini, Fini and Kartana form a strong FWG defensive core. Victini really helps the team’s slow gameplan, as burning 2 berries can be critical to success, especially with Stealth Rocks. Kyurem-B is on the team to do damage, and is probably the most interchangeable slot. Icium Z is chosen to give the team a big nuke to blow through bulky opposing mons. When looking at winning the game, setting up a Sub with Kartana or a Calm Mind on Fini is key. Preserve positioning and set those up when able, and teams should fall flat at your feet.

Mega Manectric Tailwind Offense by lady lumps

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 132 HP / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Snarl
- Protect

Incineroar @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Fake Out
- Knock Off

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 168 SpA / 32 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Kartana @ Grassium Z
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
- Protect

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Thousand Waves
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower

Mew @ Mago Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 24 SpD / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Tailwind
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
I wanted to make a good banded zygarde team for a long time so that is what the team is centered around. Initially, I started with the generic incineroar, tapu fini, kartana core around zygarde due to their perfect synergy and the general brokenness to that core. For the fifth slot i wanted a tailwind option to abuse zygarde's thousand arrows spam. As more testing occurred I decided that I also wanted stealth rocks on the team to punish the opponent for trying to pivot around zygarde's thousand arrows under tailwind. Mew was the only slot that could do both so it was added on the team. U-turn was initially a throw-away move but it proved incredibly valuable as a way to pivot into a more threatening pokemon under tailwind and to escape any potential shadow tag trap. For the mega slot I chose manectric as the team didn’t have great lead options and it was effective in neutering pokemon through intimidate and snarl from lead so that the tailwind plus stealth rock set up could work. Finally I tinkered with a few set changes like grassium sub kartana that outsped base 100’s for an extra tapu fini check ,which proved a bit broken with more testing, and sassy incineroar to get a slower u-turn versus opposing incineroar. The other sets and ev spreads are pretty self-explanatory. As for using the team, it’s pretty cookie cutter. You generally lead manectric and mew and set up tailwind while pivoting into zygarde. On the first turn of tailwind you set up rocks and spam thousand arrows. From then on you try to overwhelm with the arrows plus rocks pressure so that kartana or calm mind tapu fini can sweep. Incineroar is used as a glue mon and a nice lead vs gengar teams(though those don’t exist anymore). Your general goal for mew is to get rocks plus two tailwinds up to hammer away at your opponent. Rocks on the first tailwind turn is almost always my preferred sequence. Even though this is one of my favorite teams there are a few weaknesses. First off mega latias is extremely difficult to deal with as it can ohko zygarde and wall every member except for tapu fini which is generally defensive anyways. Next, opposing banded zygardes are annoying to due to their trapping ability with thousand waves being able to halt your momentum. Finally another weakness is that if the opponent can survive the tailwind onslaught with a combination of bulky or threatening pokemon they can often reverse sweep you due to the choice lock on zygarde and manectric, mew and incineroars passiveness. Unfortunately I don’t think there is a fix for these issues as pretty much every moveslot is needed for the team to function. I still love the team but it is meant to stomp someone or get stomped on.

More Teams

The sample teams listed above have been curated as effective, yet easy-to-use teams that new and experienced players alike can use with good success. However, it is by no means an all-inclusive list of teams that are worth trying out. Here are some other places worth checking if you're still wanting more teams:
  • Teambuilding Frameworks (hosted by Checkmater)
    This thread contains a comprehensive list of teams that have been successful in high-level play, organized by the archetypes that are commonly built around. It also teaches you how to start building your own teams, based on commonalities in how veteran players are building theirs.

• Teambuilding Competition (hosted by laptops)
    Each week, Doubles OU players are challenged to build the best team around a particular Pokemon or theme. At the end of each week, people vote for the best team, which is inducted into a "Hall of Fame." Some really solid teams have emerged from this competition, including my Camerupt Trick Room team listed in the samples!

• Post-tournament "team dump" threads
    After high-level tournaments like Smogon Premiere League (SPL), Smogon Snake Draft, and Doubles Invitationals conclude, it is common for players from those tournaments to post "team dump" threads where they provide importables and descriptions of the teams they used. Keep your eyes peeled for these types of threads!

• The teams posted below in this thread!
    Just because sample teams are included in this thread, doesn't mean every posted team has to be top-tier. Remember the core purpose of this thread, which is to be simply a thread where anyone can share teams they like! If someone liked a team enough to post it, chances are you might like it enough to use it! Feel free to make suggestions to other people's teams and talk about them! Happy posting :)!

Last edited:
this team is p much already perfect, but if you think you can make it better go for it lel

Ribombee @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Calm Nature
- Pollen Puff
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Protect

Milotic @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 144 HP / 40 Def / 156 SpA / 168 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Ribombee is p funny lol, you can baton pass to any of tapu lele, zard, aegis, or milo and they become an enormous threat. Ribombee's evs give it enough to outspeed all the relevant scarfers i can think of after a qd so you can get an ez pass off. The rest of the evs are in bulk, so you can prolly tank a neutral hit or two. Tbh, pollen puff is p much trash but you're not gonna be sweeping with ribombee without passing, so pollen puff is good for the extra utility- being able to heal lando and aegis is really sick cuz it lets you pivot around with them more.

Tbh the rest of the sets are kinda self explanatory, without the bee its a pretty standard-ish gen seven sun team. I've been thinking about making lele scarf and changing lando to ass vest, but then qd passing to it isnt as good. eh.

Btw, this team got me called gay on the ladder, so you know its good:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-506660575

hi megacyber!

I originally looked at the team in this thread, shrugged it off as "lmao stupid team but i'll give it a like," but decided to actually give it a shot. After testing it out in a few roomtours/friendlies it's actually really cool as a legitimate team; Ribombee is solid for revenge killing things after a QD and Pollen Puff is a really cool move for helping out teammates.

I like the core of the team (Ribombee pass into CharY, Lele blocks priority, Landorus-T gives Intimidate) and it was quite effective in practice, so I'm not really going to be touching those mons too much. However, I think Milotic and Aegislash don't contribute much to the team in terms of a fast offensive presence and are pretty shitty QD receivers because they can't take advantage of the speed.

The first change I'd like to make is Jirachi > Aegislash. This one is pretty obvious with the team composition, as it provides redirection support for Ribombee while maintaining the Steel typing which allows it to check Salamence and other things. It also gives speed control, helpful for CharY and Lele to outspeed Scarf Landorus-T without a boost. While normally I'd consider Jirachi a bit too passive with another support mon on the team, you have other terrifying attackers that can benefit from redirection even without QDs like CharY, Lele, and the next mon I wanted to suggest:

Heatran > Milotic. If you look directly at what the two do, they seem like complete opposites, but the Heatran set I have chosen complements the goal of the team much more effectively. Heatran benefits immensely from CharYs sun, allowing you to apply pressure early game when QD Passing isn't an option. I chose Shuca HP Ice as the set for this team, luring annoying Landorus-T in a pinch, winning the Heatran mirror, and allowing you to check Mega Mence, which is a primary role of Milotic. In the games I have tested with this team, Heatran seems to be the most common QD receiver, as it has stellar bulk + typing to switch in and isn't reliant on weather. This gives you a much more solid option vs something like a sand team, where CharY would kind of suck as a receiver.

Small changes:
252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe Timid Nature on Ribombee hits the same speed benchmark as your spread does, but is more efficient because the nature is boosting the highest base stat. I also changed the dump stat from SpDef to PhysDef because QD boosts special defense anyways and it gives you many more opportunities to set up, comfortably tanking Rock Slides from opposing Lando-T with Intimidate support.
e: sweet veil > shield dust thanks pocket

Max SpA/Max Speed Timid for Lele outspeeds Scarf Lando-T at +1 and hits as hard as possible. I gave it Psychium Z over Life Orb because I hate LO Recoil after you dedicate a few turns Quiver Passing into it, and it gives you a nuke to OHKO some resists. Taunt > Tbolt because TBolt hits literally nothing relevant and Taunt gives you a more effective Trick Room check.

Final product:

Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Ribombee @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sweet Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Timid Nature
- Pollen Puff
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Protect

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Last edited:

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness
- Protect

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Gastrodon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 48 SpA / 52 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Muddy Water
- Recover
- Protect

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect

I made this sand team a couple of days ago with the help of dad1. Tyranitar is insane, being able to tank atleast 1 solarbeam from char y with just av and little spdef investment (252+ SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar: 224-264 (55.4 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) and ko it right back, tanks one lando t earthquakes and lando i earth powers, and then kills them too (252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar: 203-242 (50.2 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO) (252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 360-426 (89.1 - 105.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO). However, its weak to lele/bulu, so here comes excadrill. excadrill benefits from sand because of sand rush, and has a good matchup fs all the tapus this gen except for maybe fini. Next, I immediately thought of the weakness to water and fire so I added Bloom Doom heatran and gastrodon. Bloom Doom tran is good for because of the rise of the evil milotic and gastrodon, and gastro pairs well with heatran and and sucks up water moves for the team. I added lo tapu bulu for that juicy regen, to weaken earthquake for ttar excadrill and heatran, sleep powder/spore immune, complete fwg core, and another check to bulky waters. I have natures madness because to mons with rock slide is unnecessary and halving celesteela's health is nice. Finally, I implemented special mmence for that juicy intimidate, tailwind support, and another grass killer. Considering replacing draco with fb, but still unsure. This team has brought me a lot of success, and is really fun. It's a good example of what sand can do in gen7 and it could possibly become good this time.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpA / 48 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 88 SpA / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Volt Switch

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play

Here is an interesting team that has done well for me.
I have been trying out Mega Gyarados + Terrakion on many teams but this team has done the best.

Mega Gyarados + Terrakion(with Poison Jab) complement each other in a few ways. Mega Gyarados will take care of relevant Ghost, Steels, and Psychics that Terrakion cannot deal with well such as Mega Gengar, Aegislash, and Jirachi. Terrakion protects Gyarados from CharY Solar Beams, Tapu Bulu, and many Electric types.
Gyarados out speeds Adamant Lando, I dump 20evs into HP. This Terrakion spread will probably be scrutinized but in the current meta game there is nothing too common or relevant between max speed 100s and 108s that Terrakion kills. So I get a nice 56ev HP dump in exchange for only out running max speed 100s.

Poison Jab on Terrakion helps with some Fairys and Grasses but I need much more than that. Heatran covers both those easy. I am also Lando weak so I have Shuca. And on this team I prefer the Steel coverage with Flash Cannon. My special LandoT helps with opposing Landos and beats Fairy types with Sludge. I took the Nido-Rus spread and moved speed into HP so this Lando is insanly bulky and all that bulk has been very clutch for me.

This is a Semi-Room team. I love mew in the meta to set TR or TW because it has great bulk, decent power, and best of all - gives you any coverage you need. I EV'd SpA for Ice Beam to kill a scarf Lando. The Volt Switch is mainly for doing damage to Volcanion and is just great pivot. I have a bunch of SpD to survive relevant Ghost/Dark attackers. Amoonguss gives me check for Aegislash, Kang, and Water mons. And obviously Spore and Rage Powder is very nice for Gyarados to set up

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

(B)rainstorm™

I've won several roomtours and a few SM Kickoff matches with variants of this team. In a nutshell, this is a hyper-offensive team built around Psychic spam and rain spam, and it has favorable match-ups against a lot of the meta rn.

e: this team is outdated now, see here for a new version of this team that's better suited to the current metagame :)

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Protect

Thundurus @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Rain Dance
- Protect

Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 124 SpA / 16 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Protect
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Protect

Thundurus @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Rain Dance
- Protect

Pelipper @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Tailwind
- Wide Guard
- U-turn

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Protect
The best asset of this team is that you have two solid offensive lead options, depending on your matchup. A Lele + Deo lead is threatening AF, and if your opponent walls that, you can just lead with Politoed + Kingdra (and vice versa).

Tapu Lele and Deoxys-Attack serve as the first offensive core of this team, and often times I lead with this. Between Scarf Lele and Deoxys, you're probably going to kill something turn one if you play things correctly. Deo outspeeds Lele, Deo runs Knock-Off, and Lele runs Taunt despite being scarfed; this allows you to prevent a TR setter equipped with Mental Herb from setting TR. Otherwise, they both just hit hard and fast. Focus Blast > HP ground because you hit Heatran just as hard, but can also hit Ferrothorn and Tyranitar at the expense of worse accuracy.

Offensive Thundurus is the ultimate counter against opposing weather teams. Thunderbolt kills Charizards, Focus Blast kills Tyranitars, and Rain Dance resets the weather. Electrium Z ensures that you can OHKO Celesteelas with Thunderbolt. Alternatively, if you're intent on CT'ing a sand team you can run Fightingium Z for a more powerful/accurate Focus Blast.

Politoed/Pelipper and Kingdra form the second offensive core of this team. Lately I've enjoyed Politoed more despite the Pelipper hypetrain, because a Helping Hand-boosted Hydro Pump in rain is a guaranteed OHKO against even the bulkiest of Tapu Leles (and in general this combo hits things like a truck). Politoed is also bulkier overall vs. Pelipper and doesn't click x against weaker electric moves. Scald hits decently hard under rain, and Icy Wind provides speed control. That said, Pelipper is definately a good mon too, and it runs a myraid of awesome support moves that give Politoed competition. I prefer Scald > Hurricane because it hits harder under rain, has SE coverage against more relevant mons, and has a good chance to burn things. Tailwind provides great speed control, and lets Kingdra thrive even against opposing weather, tailwinds, or paralysis. Wide Guard is a super valuable support move that protects Thundurus against rock slide and Metagross against Earthquake. U-turn lets Peli set rain then gtfo so you can have two wallbreakers on your field.

Kingdra is an awesome rain sweeper that forces out opposing Mega Salamences, bypasses Jirachi with Muddy Water, and just hits really hard with its Water STAB and Draco Meteor. On the Politoed variant of the team, you can OHKO all variants of Tapu Lele with Hydro Pump after Helping Hand support which matters alot. Without Helping Hand, you still have an 87.5 chance of OHKO'ing 4 HP 0 SpD variants of Lele with Hydro Pump.

Mega Metagross is the perfect mega for this team, as it benefits from from both Psychic Terrain (bc powerful Zen Headbutts) and rain (bc *0.5 fire damage). Zen Headbutt abuses Psychic Terrain, allowing Meta to OHKO Mega Charizard which is important since it also outspeeds it. Iron Head checks all the Tapus and offers a secondary STAB move. Ice Punch kills Salamence, Zygarde and Landorus. Just be wary of Intimidates prior to Mega Evolving to avoid the attack drops.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Have you tried Thunder > Thunderbolt? Electrium Z makes up for potential misses outside of rain, and inside of rain accuracy obviously isn't an issue. While the damage increase isn't huge, it does let Thundurus 2HKO Psychic Seed Milotic without having to use its Z-Crystal and OHKO 0/4 Zard Y, also without using the Z-Crystal. Gigavolt Havoc also goes from a 50% chance to an 80% chance to OHKO non-bulky Mega Salamence.

Also, on the Politoed version, I'd probably use a more specially defensive spread, since the meta is incredibly specially biased right now. One that I threw together recently is 252 HP / 60 Def / 124 SpA / 16 SpD / 56 Spe; Calm nature. That survives Jolly Mega Mence Double-Edge, outspeeds base 80s after an Icy Wind, breaks Celesteela Subs in the rain with Scald, and dumps in SpD. You could also move some of that speed to SpD if you don't think that benchmark is worth it, but I wouldn't go below 40 Speed EVs, which makes sure you outspeed Heatran after an Icy Wind, preventing it from using Bloom Doom before you can get off a Scald. You could also consider an Eject Button in place of the Sitrus Berry since, unlike Pelipper, Politoed has no way to pivot, but often times Politoed doesn't want to pivot and you don't exactly have a plethora of defensive switchins, so not sure I'd go there.

Seems like a simple yet effective team, thanks for sharing!

GenOne

is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Have you tried Thunder > Thunderbolt? Electrium Z makes up for potential misses outside of rain, and inside of rain accuracy obviously isn't an issue. While the damage increase isn't huge, it does let Thundurus 2HKO Psychic Seed Milotic without having to use its Z-Crystal and OHKO 0/4 Zard Y, also without using the Z-Crystal. Gigavolt Havoc also goes from a 50% chance to an 80% chance to OHKO non-bulky Mega Salamence.

Also, on the Politoed version, I'd probably use a more specially defensive spread, since the meta is incredibly specially biased right now. One that I threw together recently is 252 HP / 60 Def / 124 SpA / 16 SpD / 56 Spe; Calm nature. That survives Jolly Mega Mence Double-Edge, outspeeds base 80s after an Icy Wind, breaks Celesteela Subs in the rain with Scald, and dumps in SpD. You could also move some of that speed to SpD if you don't think that benchmark is worth it, but I wouldn't go below 40 Speed EVs, which makes sure you outspeed Heatran after an Icy Wind, preventing it from using Bloom Doom before you can get off a Scald. You could also consider an Eject Button in place of the Sitrus Berry since, unlike Pelipper, Politoed has no way to pivot, but often times Politoed doesn't want to pivot and you don't exactly have a plethora of defensive switchins, so not sure I'd go there.

Seems like a simple yet effective team, thanks for sharing!
The Thunderbolt vs. Thunder debate is driving me up the wall, but you've convinced me to go Thunder. I've edited the OP. Also, the Politoed spread was admittedly the ORAS spread, so yours is a lot better for this meta - also implemented. Eject button is OO worthy, but as you said Poli doesn't always want to be forced out. Tbh too, a lot of my mons benefit from the helping hand boost.

Thanks for the feedback :]

Rain team thats been working pretty well for me

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Pelipper @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpA / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost
- Tailwind

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Muddy Water
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Rain Dance
- Protect

Ludicolo @ Mystic Water
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-508916999
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-509933950

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Seismic Toss
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 136 SpA / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Protect

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 SpA / 180 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Stealth Rock

wanted to post something I've been having fun with to keep this thread alive! this team attempts to showcase Talonflame in the SM meta. It has definitely taken a hit in viability but absolutely no ones preps for it which makes it easier to snipe off threats. Flyinium Z allows a powerful, non recoil hit, keeping Gale Wings intact if Talon isn't hit after its use. One of the draws to it has been good old Tailwind sack, which is hard to contest late game with LO Hoopa in the back. Fini is being slept on rn; go test it out with mons like Kangaskhan and Jirachi to support it and you won't be disappointed.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Dazzling Gleam

Rotom-Heat @ Firium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 68 SpD / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect

This is a fun team I built for my seasonals match versus Lolk . I noticed he really liked using Charizard, so I thought I'd bring a team that can shut it down pretty hard. I still ended up losing the game I brought the team to, but that was mostly due to my poor endgame management and didn't have to do with any fault in the team (even after an unfortunate crit I could've set Tailwind and won, but I didn't consider all my options).

Anyways, I started teambuilding with Tyranitar and Excadrill because Sand is pretty great right now, especially versus Charizard and Psychic Spam. I chose Choice Band for Tyranitar after testing multiple options because its consistent high damage output is really nice, especially if it can get its speed boosted by Tailwind. Next I added Tapu Fini because I wanted a super solid check to rain, which Tapu Fini provides with its Water resistance plus its Dragon immunity for Kingdra. In return it's capable of dealing out super solid damage with its Specs boosted STABs. I now wanted a solid check to Steels (meaning a Fire-type), but didn't want to further worsen my matchup versus Landorus-T (meaning a Ground immunity). I picked everyone's favorite haunted toaster, Rotom-H. Firium Z Heatom is super neat because it allows it to actually have some offensive presence, which is a major reason why many people don't like using it. TWave is cool too because not a lot of people expect it, and it provides the team with a second means of speed control. Next I added Shaymin-Sky because I wanted an offensive check to bulky Water-types, but didn't want to worsen my matchup versus Steels. It also gives me a fast revenge killer for the late game. Finally, having no mega, I slapped Salamence on the team for its incredible combination of Intimidate, Tailwind, speed, and decent offensive presence. Imo Salamence is by far the best mega in Sun and Moon because of its sheer versatility, and no other mega really comes close towards it in that regard.

So yeah, that's the team. I've laddered pretty decently with it into the 1600's but its just the ladder so it doesn't mean much lul. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-517738582 my aforementioned seasonals match.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Fucking love Tapu-fini, anyways this is another fini squad I have had decent success with:

Team:
Amaura (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 136 SpA / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Protect

Darlene (Nihilego) @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot

Sally (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Double-Edge
- Tailwind
- Protect

Harry (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 SpA / 180 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Gunk Shot
- Protect

Pumpkin (Jirachi) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Stealth Rock

Syrah (Tapu Koko) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Protect

Description :
  • Team obviously revolves around the core of calm mind fini and nihilego. Nihilego is scarfed to counter and basically defeat every one of tapus mostly koko and bulu which have an excellent match-up against fini, allowing fini to get off easy calm minds. Fini on the other hand, after a few calm minds almost becomes almost unkillable due to it's already decent physical bulk and boosted special bulk, and threatens the shit out of ground types with excellent spread STAB. Moonblast is chosen over dazzling gleam to have a strong STAB overall. Nihilego is timid mainly to outspeed scarfed lando-t and eliminate it.
  • Mega-Salamence is chosen for tailwind/intimidate support as well as because it's mega-mence and hits hard overall. Hoopa-Unbound under tailwind takes on most steels comfortably and most importantly aegislash and jirachi, which are annoying to say the least.
  • At last to provide more support to fini , jirachi was added. Rocks on rachi is nice to alleviate my char-y match-up, as well as icy wind provides some more speed control. At last I needed something to take on bulky waters, so it was between bulu and koko, but eventually I decided to go with Koko, due to a fast taunt for opposite tailwinds and it's ability to beat celesteela.
  • Replay :: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-518307190

Gen 7 Skydeo Sun been working pretty well.

EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 8 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Protect

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Protect

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Incredibly usefull pure sands-torm team (ground+stell+rock):

Tyranitar (M) @ Darkinium Z
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Protect
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Hippowdon (M) @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Roar
- Toxic

Cradily (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power

Aerodactyl-Mega (M) @ Aerodactylite
Adamant Nature
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Aerial Ace
Assaulter Cradily whit special Tyranitar is very rare. You can surprise the opponent and win a few turns in your favor.

Darkinium Z (+ Landorus U-turn or Knock Off) gives 0HKO to trick room users (like Slowbro , Reuniclus, Necrozma, Mewstic,...) and Firium Z gives 0HKO to offensive Celesteela. Apart from that, Tyranitar ice beam gives 0HKO to weeknes x4 dragons.

Aerodactil (adamant) can 0HKO Landorus and Genesct even intimidated. Also Aerial Ace is great against M-Venusaur, Amoongous, Keldeo, Machamp, Golisopod, Hitmontop...

Life orb Excadrill is great in the lategame. Anti-fairy, anti-stell, anti-fly, anti-fire...

Hippowdon for the sandstorm, toxic, pivot and phaze.

Hippowdon and Cradily 0-IVs in speed for the oponent's trick room (they are slow, so in normal game this fact doesn't affect; however, this 0-IVs in speed allows them to be first in some situations under trick room, for example, cradilly can use Sludge Bomb first against Tapu Bulu).

Other options:

Jolly aerodactil outspeed M-Lopuny and Adamant/Modest Pheromosa, BUT can NOT 0HKO to Landorus after intimidate.

Jolly Landorus + Scarf is neccesary to outspeed Pheromosa with a speed nature. Adamant Landorus can work but you'll need to change in front of a pheromosa (Ice Beam).

Knock Off in Landorus can be changed for Rock Slide (30% flinch), but in my opinion, Knock Off is needed for Porygon 2, Chansey and Celesteela's leftovers.

Physical Tyranitar (assaulter or not); even a Sword Dance Excadrill can be used, but i do NOT reccomend it; Protect and surprising the oponent are needed in doubles.

Last edited:

I Am a Rookie

@RookieVGC
First Stage Hyper Offense Trick Room:

Importable:
Scraggy @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 28 Def / 56 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Protect

Solosis @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 80 HP / 248 Def / 180 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Endeavor
- Trick Room
- Protect

Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Muddy Water
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Protect

Cranidos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Def / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Substitute
- Protect

Duskull @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pain Split
- Trick Room
- Toxic
- Night Shade

Darumaka @ Firium Z
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Calculations:
252+ Atk Hustle Darumaka Inferno Overdrive (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 363-428 (100.8 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Hustle Darumaka Inferno Overdrive (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield: 428-506 (132 - 156.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Hustle Darumaka Inferno Overdrive (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Paras: 62272-73264 (518933.3 - 610533.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

I have dubbed this team "PsychoWind" and it was my first team that actually got me in the top 500 on the ladder (that may not sound impressive to you, but for me it was a big achievement, since I am a rather casual player). The general strategy is to utilize Psychic Spam while maintaining speed control with TW.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Protect

These two are the primary Psychic Spam Core, and this set is almost completely ripped from the DOU Effective Cores page, but I made Tapu Lele have Focus Blast just because I didn't find myself using Taunt that much. Moonblast and Psychic are obvious choices because STAB and they're just good moves. Metagross is a simple attacker with Iron Head and Zen Headbutt for STAB, and Ice Punch to deal with Megamence, Lando, and some others who are weak to it.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Protect

Can switch into EQ, Sets TW, and hits pretty hard with Dark Pulse and Draco Meteor (but that is kind of obvious).

Landorus @ Yache Berry
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Landorous-I is a good mixed attacker and the Yache Berry has saved his cloudy behind from multiple OHKO's from Ice Beams. Not much else to say about him, as he doesn't really benefit from the psychic terrain.

Victini @ Assault Vest
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Zen Headbutt benefits from Psychic Terrain so that's always useful, and I wanted to treat this as a hard hitting pivot, so I replaced the recommended Choice Scarf with an Assault Vest. Unless I have a really good reason to I'd rather have move choice than the boosted speed, but that's just my opinion.

Milotic @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 172 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

This was originally going to be a Suicune, but I felt that if I wasn't running Double Snarl and I wasn't running Substitute, then Milotic would be a better choice. It's not only a reliable water type that can tank and packs a punch, but it also scares away Lando-T, Scrafty, and most importantly, MegaMence.

So what do you guys think? Any suggestions? I've enjoyed playing this team so far, and I even had a guy get salty at me after he got 6-0'd (my first butthurt encounter on Showdown).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-537576338
(This was before I changed my team comp to replace Suicune with Milotic)

Last edited:

I have dubbed this team "PsychoWind" and it was my first team that actually got me in the top 500 on the ladder (that may not sound impressive to you, but for me it was a big achievement, since I am a rather casual player). The general strategy is to utilize Psychic Spam while maintaining speed control with TW.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Protect

These two are the primary Psychic Spam Core, and this set is almost completely ripped from the DOU Effective Cores page, but I made Tapu Lele have Focus Blast just because I didn't find myself using Taunt that much. Moonblast and Psychic are obvious choices because STAB and they're just good moves. Metagross is a simple attacker with Iron Head and Zen Headbutt for STAB, and Ice Punch to deal with Megamence, Lando, and some others who are weak to it.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Protect

Can switch into EQ, Sets TW, and hits pretty hard with Dark Pulse and Draco Meteor (but that is kind of obvious).

Landorus @ Yache Berry
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Landorous-I is a good mixed attacker and the Yache Berry has saved his cloudy behind from multiple OHKO's from Ice Beams. Not much else to say about him, as he doesn't really benefit from the psychic terrain.

Victini @ Assault Vest
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Zen Headbutt benefits from Psychic Terrain so that's always useful, and I wanted to treat this as a hard hitting pivot, so I replaced the recommended Choice Scarf with an Assault Vest. Unless I have a really good reason to I'd rather have move choice than the boosted speed, but that's just my opinion.

Milotic @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 172 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

This was originally going to be a Suicune, but I felt that if I wasn't running Double Snarl and I wasn't running Substitute, then Milotic would be a better choice. It's not only a reliable water type that can tank and packs a punch, but it also scares away Lando-T, Scrafty, and most importantly, MegaMence.

So what do you guys think? Any suggestions? I've enjoyed playing this team so far, and I even had a guy get salty at me after he got 6-0'd (my first butthurt encounter on Showdown).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-537576338
(This was before I changed my team comp to replace Suicune with Milotic)
If i might suggest a better miltoic spread, 252 HP / 36 Def / 156 SpA / +64 SpD would be more appropriate for your team. It lives a tapu koko thunderbolt and ko's mega salamence with ice beam, while outspeeding base 130's under tailwind. I would also suggest Life Orb on Landorus-I as it greatly increases its damage output, and ice moves besides icy winds are not incredibly common. A special Victini set would be better in my opinion. Something like:

Victini @ Assault Vest
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- U-turn

I like the team bud, keep it up.

I've been debating putting up this team for a while, but after using it one last time today, I decided I'm going to say goodbye to this team and make a new team that I'll enjoy using.

This team is extremely fun to use, and quite good despite the seemingly monotonous nature of the team.

The entire team revolves around one concept: Rain. Rain rain rain rain rain.

Hyper Offense Rain

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Rain Dance
- Protect

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Brave Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Protect
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

I guess this is what you would call a pure offensive rain team.
Kingdra and Ludicolo are standard on rain teams. I opted out of using Draco Meteor on Kingdra because I never clicked that move when I had it. Dragons fall to Ice beam mostly anyways, and it's nice to not have to worry about the -2 SpA drop.

Ludicolo is pretty much a standard set. I chose Life Orb over AV to dish out as much damage as possible (given my playstyle), but feel free to customize it.

Pelipper is my rain setter. Instead of just being a passive rain setter and sitting there, I gave it max SpA to be able to contribute to the offensive nature of this team. Hurricane is an amazing STAB attack with 100% accuracy in rain, and significantly dents threats such as Tapu Bulu and Araquanid, + the chance of confusion is really nice. I gave it a focus sash so that it would survive a thunderbolt to the face (catching them off guard) and to be able to retaliate with a powerful Hydro Pump. Additionally, having a Focus Sash gives you a sense of ease, like being able to sit in and H-Pump a Zapdos about to set up TW, instead of swapping out your main rain setter in order to preserve it and giving them a free turn to setup.
I also put U-turn to keep momentum going on my side, but this could be replaced by a move such as Tailwind or Wide Guard, although under rain, most spread move users should be dead by now, and if you're not in rain, you probably shouldn't have your Pelipper out. Personally I opted out against TW due to the Ferrothorn on my team as well to maximize the damage output done by Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn under rain is simply godly. With rain halving damage from its main fire weakness and fighting moves/types being almost nonexistent, it really shines on this team. Furthermore, this pokemon acts as a counter to all other weather-setters. I used Stealth Rock as a way to stop Zard from continuously swapping in and out and resetting sun, and Ttar/Ninetails-A don't like Power Whips or Gyro Ball too much (and believe me, Stealth Rock saved me from an otherwise difficult matchup against Zard many times). Additionally, with its steel/Grass type, it walls problematic mons like Tapu Lele and Tapu Koko and returning the favor with a powerful gyro ball to pretty much OHKO them, and also a great counter to bulky waters like Fini and Milotic.

As a secondary rain setter, after deliberating about this for ages, I opted to choose Tapu Koko over Thundurus-I. Looking at its SpA, with E-terrain, both Thundurus and Koko pretty much have the Special Attack. However, I chose Koko for several reasons. First of all, Koko using Rain Dance is well, surprising, and tends to catch the opponent off guard. Additionally, with the increased use of Z-Trick Room Zongs, having Electric Terrain helped prevent my entire team from falling asleep numerous times, and helps remove Psychic terrain from the field for my Mega pokemon, Scizor.
As for my moveset, I opted to use Volt Switch+Thunder instead of Dazzling Gleam. While there was a Wild Hydreigon that one time blocked me from an otherwise winnable match, overall, being able to switch with Volt Switch was extremely useful in many scenarios.

As for my final mon, I chose Mega Scizor. While Mega-Metagross was also a viable option here, since this team has pretty much no way of preventing Trick Room, I decided to go for the slower and less loved Scizor as my second steel-type pokemon. I made my Scizor min-speed to underspeed and kill Hoopa-U under trick room, and since most of the time it's using priority Bullet Punch anyways, it really didn't make too much of a difference. I actually had the Bug Bite vs U-turn argument driving me up the wall, but for most cases, I found myself not wanting to swap out Mega-Scizor, so I eventually went with Bug Bite instead. Superpower is there for extra coverage against Ttar and opposing Ferrothorns, but this slot could honestly be replaced with Swords Dance or a dark type move for Aegislashes.

If i might suggest a better miltoic spread, 252 HP / 36 Def / 156 SpA / +64 SpD would be more appropriate for your team. It lives a tapu koko thunderbolt and ko's mega salamence with ice beam, while outspeeding base 130's under tailwind. I would also suggest Life Orb on Landorus-I as it greatly increases its damage output, and ice moves besides icy winds are not incredibly common. A special Victini set would be better in my opinion. Something like:

Victini @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- U-turn

I like the team bud, keep it up.
Going to take all of your advice into account and test it out. Thank you!

Team that I have been liking a lot. Set up to support volcarona or azumarill sweep. With icy wind/tailwind and life orb fire blast you dont necessarily have to go for quiver dance. LO Kyub in tailwind is monstrous as well.

Hasty Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Double-Edge
- Tailwind
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Protect

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Protect

GenOne

sea pyukumber
Disclaimer: this is a meme don't use it in a serious match lol
Naive Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Return
- Roost
- Protect

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Trick Room
- Protect

Pyukumuku @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Purify
- Baton Pass
- Taunt
- Protect

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Quick Guard

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
This is a fun meme team with a pretty basic objective. Pyukumuku uses Z-Purify to +1 all its stats, then it baton passes them onto an actually viable mon the next turn. It works because nobody realizes Pyukumu can do this, but that's about it. The fact that I posted this probably means you won't suprise anyone with this...alas.

Replays:
Versus n1n1
Versus Leafage
Versus guest

Sun Complex

Scene has good music.
With less than two weeks until I serve my country, I wanted to "leave my mark" and sort of show that I at least accomplished something in the SM Era. Before I continue on with this mini-RMT, I apologize to all the DLT (Doubles Ladder Tournament) participants for making your qualifications even harder to reach and for not even participating in the DLT myself (Lol). Also, special shoutouts to GenOne and darksylvion for giving good suggestions on how to improve this team. You guys are great buds.

Now, this is perhaps the most complicated team that I ever made; it's not a "sample" team for new players. Rather it is a complex team that uses Sunny Day + Tail Room (Tailwind and Trick Room) + Psychic Spam (Tapu Lele + Mega Metagross / Deoxys-A / Hoopa-Unbound). When using this team, I suggest that you plan your moves about two to three turns ahead. Sunny Day, Tailwind, Trick Room, and Psychic Terrain doesn't last forever, so a thought of efficiency and consistency is recommended.

Note: I listed a description of each mon's EVs in the importable.

EVs: 100 HP / 160 Def / 168 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Outspeeds:
This team’s Landorus-T
Survives:
1 Double Edge from Salamence-Mega
1 Rock Slide from Landorus-T
Eliminates:
Landorus-T and Jirachi with 1 Flamethrower

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 48 HP / 96 Def / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Outspeeds:
Tapu Bulu (Adamant), Pelipper, and Heatran (Modest)
Survives:
1 Crunch or Pursuit (when switching) from Banded Tyranitar
Eliminates:
Tyranitar, Kangaskhan-Mega, and Heatran with 1 All-Out Pummeling (Z-move)

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 180 HP / 104 Atk / 96 Def / 32 SpA / 96 Spe
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Hole
- Hyperspace Fury
- Trick Room
- Protect

Outspeeds:
Gengar-Mega and Tapu Koko through Tailwind.
Survives:
1 U-turn from Landorus-T (Jolly; -1)
Eliminates:
Jirachi and Bronzong with 1 Hyperspace Fury
Salamence-Mega with 1 Hyperspace Hole boosted by Psychic Terrain

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 44 HP / 176 Atk / 140 SpD / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Outspeeds:
This team’s Tapu Lele and Zapdos.
Survives:
1 LO-Boosted Psyshock from Tapu Lele (Timid)
2 LO-Boosted Moonblast from Tapu Lele (Timid)
2 Heat Waves from Charizard-Mega-Y (Timid)
1 Muddy Water from Kingdra
1 Steam Eruption from Volcanion

Zapdos @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 64 SpA / 40 SpD / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Tailwind

Outspeeds:
Tapu Bulu (Adamant), Pelipper, and Heatran (Modest)
Survives:
2 (unboosted and consecutive) Thousand Arrows from Zygarde
1 Hydro Pump from Kingdra (during Rain)
1 Rock Slide from Banded Tyranitar
1 Ice Beam from Kyurem-Black
Eliminates:
Celesteela with 2 Thunderbolt (calc includes stall)
Landorus-T and Salamence-Mega with 1 HP Ice

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Outspeeds:
Deoxys-A through Tailwind
Gengar-Mega and Tapu Koko through Tailwind (-1)

Please excuse the GXE and Glicko-1. I was messing around with Memes during the early stages of the SM Metagame.

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
This just in: this thread now also includes sample teams!

Basically, exemplary posted teams are going to be featured on the OP (this post) of this thread. These teams have proven to be good and are basic enough for beginners to use, allowing them to pick up the fundamentals of teambuilding and doubles play.

Teams are to be labeled as samples at my discretion, with consultation from other high-level players such as members of the council and VR ranking team. In any case, do not ask me to put your team here. If I think a team is a good fit for sampling, it will be included.

Still, we all have to be remember: Just because sample teams are included in this thread, doesn't mean every posted team has to be top-tier. Remember the core purpose of this thread, which is to be simply a thread where they can share teams they like!

Happy posting, everyone :)

Fatstuffs team that I built around the heatran/genesect core from last gen thats been working pretty well. Wish, lefties, roost and grassy terrain makes the team rediculously resilent.

Also, given that I was the one who built the original bronzong trick room with the z TR heatproof zong + tapu bulu concept and miltankmilk improved on it by changing two of the mons, could the team credit maybe be slashed with me in there too?

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 SpA / 220 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 80 SpA / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Tailwind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)